Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism (1021 Views)

My Husband's Obsession With Biafra Is Scary - Nnamdi Kanu's Wife / Reno Omokri On Media Obsession With Cleavage / Buhari's Media Adviser Express Frustration Over Destructive Criticisms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
I've been on here for a while now, but wasn't really active until lately. Most time i just read the news and the comments but now i make comments too wink. During the times I was just reading and not commenting, I came across threads and post with direct insult from one tribe to another , at first i felt bad about because It was wrong embarassed.

But as I continue coming here to use the site and on a daily basis i get to see tribes attacking each other, what am I supposed to do? As an original Yoruba that will never use his left hand to point his father's house I have no choice but to support my tribesmen. You can blame me for that but what would you have done?

I'm telling you this because I want you and everyone else that would be lucky to come across this post knows that the future is in our hand and we can decide what's best to do about the issue of tribalism. If it continues this way, then I'm sure the message would also be passed on to the generation growing up fast behind us.

Just because I've said that doesn't mean I would stop, because if you insult me I can't afford to remain quiet and listen to you do that.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not taking credit for the link below and the subject of this topic. Please see this interesting article on tribalism

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7267.htm

BY

Dr. Raji Bello,

University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital,

Maiduguri.
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by dunkem21(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
I have been around for some time too ..and I don't involve myself in Tribalism.
Laugh it off, bro.
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by shaboti: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
Warris dis shyte
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by Rapmoney(m): 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
Tribalists thread!!!
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by missKiffy(f): 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
Tribalism in the real world sef is not as worse as it is on nairaland
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by vedd: 9:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
dunkem21:
Laugh it off, bro.
You laugh in response to insults on your tribe?
Interesting!

Maybe you're from one of those minority groups who are hardly at the recieving ends. Hence you find it all amusing.
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by vedd: 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
I concur with your submission, @OP.

If you check my first set of posts, you'll find out that i was pro igbo. Later on, the annoying tribal bigotry and insults from them, including the excesses of their tribal Mods who issue lenghty bans on you for reacting to their tribal insults, has forced me to adopt a radical stance against them.
Nairaland has negatively altered my worldview and perception of the igbos in real life significantly since i became frequent here. Very unfortunate!
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2015
dunkem21:

Laugh it off, bro.

Yea at first, I was able to laugh it off but on the long run It became annoying I must tell you. Almost every thread on here you would see it, I'm a registered member on some other forums and I see how strangers relate. People that are not even from the same country for that matter

It's not like we won't see some stubborn goat that would still come and pollute the air sometimes, but on here I must tell it's like we already started the war. I wish the MODs can warn user persistently and if possible ban them for sometimes, I know it's not easy banning everybody but some comments leave readers disheartened..
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by dunkem21(m): 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
vedd:

You laugh in response to insults on your tribe?
Interesting!

Maybe you're from one of those minority groups who are hardly at the recieving ends. Hence you find it all amusing.

Bros, I am Igbo and ..do I say at the receiving end

Laugh it off, bro.
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by shaboti: 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
vedd:
I concur with your submission, @OP.

If you check my first set of posts, you'll find out that i was pro igbo. Later on, the annoying tribal bigotry and insults from them, including the excesses of their tribal Mods who issue lenghty bans on you for reacting to their tribal insults, has forced me to adopt a radical stance against them.
Nairaland has negatively altered my worldview and perception of the igbos in real life significantly since i became frequent here. Very unfortunate!
but no one cares
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by dunkem21(m): 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
mistypiper:

Yea at first, I was able to laugh it off but on the long run It became annoying I must tell you. Almost every thread on here you would see it, I'm a registered member on some other forums and I see how strangers relate. People that are not even from the same country for that matter

It's not like we won't see some stubborn goat that would still come and pollute the air sometimes, but on here I must tell it's like we already started the war. I wish the MODs can warn user persistently and if possible ban them for sometimes, I know it's not easy banning everybody but some comments leave readers disheartened..

I feel your pain, bro. The MOD's have updated rule 2 but folks still find a way of lashing while escaping Ishilove's hammer.

I have personally submitted to nduchucks immediately after the elections to relate to the current administration to find a way to curb this rising cankerworm but it fell on deaf ears. ..The past elections added fuel to fire.

All I do is enter the thread and make London out of 'Lagoon'(hope I won't be misunderstood) and laugh my ass out.

Get a good laugh or HBP ..your choice.
Re: Our Destructive Obsession With Tribalism by nduchucks: 12:54am On Jun 02, 2015
dunkem21:

I have personally submitted to nduchucks immediately after the elections to relate to the current administration to find a way to curb this rising cankerworm but it fell on deaf ears. ..The past elections added fuel to fire.

Oga, I don scratch my head tire and I still no sabi why my name enter dis yearn. explain yaself before I "bu ekpe fun e" as my yorooba peeps would say.

(1) (Reply)

Lalasticlala: We Need Explanation On This Or Seun Will Hear It / Nigeria Dont Have A President Till 2019 / Buhari Where Is The Change You Promised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.