Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,565 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad (36429 Views)

Buhari And Osinbajo Pictured With Presidents Of Benin, Niger, Chad / Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad / Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by freedom96: 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
brownlord:

The only sensible thing in this post
your opinion.
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by stayblack: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
barcanista:
So he is going to seek for external coorperation? The same Buhari that criticised Jonathan for doing same? What a clownish old corrupt general.

YA FADA CLOWNISH....Wait...U BE BASTARD,THAT WHY,U INSULT UR ELDERS...RAM

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by callmenow: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
sokera:
N maybe you have never listened to any of Buhari speech on issues of boko haram before the election, he as always been saying he is going to work with those countries , so haters calm down he is going to be your president for the next 4 years ... Stop giving yourself headache over nothing too early ...

Buhari does not own Nigeria. He needs to back up his statements. We Nigerians do not like people with forked tongue. That includes you as well ad buhari. At this rate, he may not last the four years!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by poiZon: 11:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
sheddybest:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday held a closed-door meeting with the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki(retd.).It was learnt that the meeting, which held at the Defence House, Abuja, was aimed at assessing the security situation in the country against the backdrop of renewed attacks by the Boko Haram sect.

Investigations also revealed that the meeting centred on ways of carrying out the President’s plan on the relocation of the military central command to Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.Buhari, had in his inaugural speech said, “The command centre will be relocated to Maiduguri and remain until Boko Haram is completely subdued. But we cannot claim to have defeated Boko Haram without rescuing the Chibok girls and all other innocent persons held hostage by insurgents.”After the meeting with the President on Monday, Dasuki, however, declined comments when approached by reporters.

The President’s media office, however, announced that Buhari would on Wednesday and Thursday visit Niger and Chad in furtherance of his overall desire to subdue the sect.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media, Malam Garba Shehu, said the President’s visit would centre on ways to end the Boko Haram menace.

This will be the President’s first official visit outside the country since assuming office.

According to Shehu, the two-day trip will focus on “matters of security”, because Nigeria needs the cooperation of its neighbours to succeed in its campaign against the terrorist sect, whose activities have so far claimed an estimated 15,000 lives since 2009.

He said, “Buhari will go the Niger Republic on Wednesday and will spend a night there before proceeding to Chad the next day (Thursday).”

There are indications that the President will hold a meeting with the Service Chiefs within the next few days.

The service chiefs, who were appointed on January 16, 2014, are the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh; the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Kenneth Minimah; the Naval Chief, Vice Admiral Jibrin Usman , and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu.

Lalasticlala Ishilove Barcanista

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-meets-dasuki-jets-out-to-niger-chad/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

the same man that condemned gej when he collaborate with chad, niiger n cameroun to fight the insurgent is now ggoing to the same people to beg for cooperation n assistance.
hypocrisy is badder than being clueless in a million fold!
buhari u see ur life, thought nigerian army r capable of fightng esp now that u r at d front so y seek help from second class contries?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by callmenow: 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
stayblack:
YA FADA CLOWNISH....Wait...U BE BASTARD,THAT WHY,U INSULT UR ELDERS...RAM

What has elders got to do with democracy? Zip up your stinking mouth as well as go to sleep. M0ron.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by dunkem21(m): 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2015
Built2last:
Politics is crazy. If memory serves me right. Jonathan involving our neighbours was wildly criticised by many APC supporters including myself. Some of us felt the giant of Africa is too big and so do not require the assistance of our neighbours to weed out the rascals called Bokoharam. But for the general to tow same line now. I need to apologise to GEJ. Its obvious there are things people up there know we have no clue about. Whatever is done to weed out those vampires is welcome.

My conscience wont allow me read this and not apologise to GEJ and his security team, i do appologise. I judged you wrong...

Because of you, I didn't make my comment ..I remembered people saying that Idris Derby is now the president of Nigeria.

..because of you ..I will swallow my comment.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by poiZon: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
Built2last:
Politics is crazy. If memory serves me right. Jonathan involving our neighbours was wildly criticised by many APC supporters including myself. Some of us felt the giant of Africa is too big and so do not require the assistance of our neighbours to weed out the rascals called Bokoharam. But for the general to tow same line now. I need to apologise to GEJ. Its obvious there are things people up there know we have no clue about. Whatever is done to weed out those vampires is welcome.

My conscience wont allow me read this and not apologise to GEJ and his security team, i do appologise. I judged you wrong...
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by stayblack: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
shammah1:
He's going to meet his Boko Haram brothers.

This brainless old man is really clueless. Is he not same person who criticised Jonathan's collaboration with Chad and Niger in fighting the insurgents? undecided
#BabaOneChance, on your way back make sure you bring back our Chibok girls. Nonsense
TA..THUNDER FIRE U THERE,WHERE U SIT DEY WRITE,BRAINLESS AND CLUELESS MULL...DONKEY cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by stayblack: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
callmenow:

What has elders got to do with democracy? Zip up your stinking mouth as well as go to sleep. M0ron.
THUNDER FIRE U THERE...MONKEY... grin
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by poiZon: 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
Activa:

You don't know d enormity of what u typed.

May your fingers/mouth not put u in big trouble

did the then opposition who coined d word clueless', jailed?
if yes then we r ready, if no then more names are on the way.
by the way Daura President hasnt declared publicly o, why mst we wait till on or before september 3?
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by SergeAlain: 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nothing wrong with the visit to Niger and Chad (except perhaps the timing). However, we cannot deny that Buhari's utterances did not suggest it was a good idea then.
He chose to play politics instead of being a Statesman. Consequently he and his supporters should be prepared to take it on the chin when the criticism comes as it is already beginning to do.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by guonno: 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
If he likes let him go to Afghanistan. Anybody who believes gboko haram is not a northern agender to discredit Jonathan is a dunce. As far as se and ss is concerned, gboko boys is a northern thing to discredit Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by nollywoodbabe: 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
Built2last:

Here is the difference, he is going to seek their cooperation ...ie to Maintain their Borders, keep it in check so Terrorist wont be crisscrossing into Nigeria at will.. But in GEJ's case these African troops were in Nigeria fighting alongside Nigerian soldiers.. So far there are no indications that President Buhari will continue that road or ask them to commit their Military and help Nigeria fight... Nigeria has the Man power and Military might to crush Boko Haram but they need to be managed properly... Not have half their salaries stolen, not having them feed themselves, not have them fight for two straight years without a break...etc... This is what I understand this to be, so lets wait and see
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by Imortal001: 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
I know those saTANoid will comment rubbish, but i can assured you that PMB is not going to niger&chad to beg for mechinaries like the clueless one did.
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by otokx(m): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
Jealousy is killing a lot of people, they have not accepted the fact that things have changed.

Ride on PMB.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by lawal28c: 12:00am On Jun 02, 2015
JudismphD:
So comical to see the brainless old man seeking external assistence when he and his northern oligarchy initiated the same terror group. Buhari boys don go haywire
......no dey talk like mumu boko haram has been existing even b4 96......I b correct Edo boy born nd brought up 4 bauchi,u knw hw many terrorist group dey bauchi alone?becos of say doz 1nz just lay low like boko haram in doz day?guy read ur book well oooo buhari has never been a supporter of distruction.......
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by fretnot(m): 12:07am On Jun 02, 2015
I do not know how old you are, but to call someone who is perhaps old enough to be your father a brainless old man is not good. You can make your comments without being abusive. Believe me, you may inadvertently bring a curse upon yourself with such
careless language. 1 Timothy 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father...

shammah1:
He's going to meet his Boko Haram brothers.

This brainless old man is really clueless. Is he not same person who criticised Jonathan's collaboration with Chad and Niger in fighting the insurgents? undecided
#BabaOneChance, on your way back make sure you bring back our Chibok girls. Nonsense
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by mustymatic(m): 12:34am On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:
So he is going to seek for external coorperation? The same Buhari that criticised Jonathan for doing same? What a clownish old corrupt general.

So much eagerness to criticise Buhari. While you're at it, please apply common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 02, 2015
E be like e get 1 fulani bobi this old man dae suck for Niger... may be thats why him always dae go Niger.
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by porka: 12:37am On Jun 02, 2015
[size=16pt]Did Buhari not say Nigeria was being degraded because Jonathan sought the cooperation of the regional countries against the bastard terrorists?

Shame![/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by akilo1: 12:59am On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:

doctor abalaka need to work on your empty brain..leave the man alone and let him do his job
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by preselect(m): 2:07am On Jun 02, 2015
Imortal001:
I know those saTANoid will comment rubbish, but i can assured you that PMB is not going to niger&chad to beg for mechinaries like the clueless one did.

[size=38pt]of course we know. . . . . . . . . . . . he simply went for a conference of board of directors Boko Haram Inc[/size]

[size=18pt]and let's not forget. . . . .Buhari is yet to go to chibok[/size]

#TerroristsInConference
#WhereAreTheGirls

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 02, 2015
Lets hope this menace is stamped out!
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 02, 2015
One thing I have notice about most APC supporters here on Nairaland and Twitter is that they are too insulting... while in opposition, their stock in trade was insulting PDP and GEJ. now they are in power, they are still insulting anyone with contrary opinion.

So the almighty PMB is jetting to Chad and Niger to find solution for Boko Haram... did he jet to chat when we were told he annihilated Maitatsine. Since Friday till now, there is no major broadcast, no direction of policy.. it seems like the presidency came to them as a surprise.

We are waiting and watching. I hope he get his acts together and act fast. We need change and progress

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by izzieman: 2:34am On Jun 02, 2015
barcanista:

He NEVER said we should not cooperate with those countries. He merely said they were fighting our fight for us. Let us be honest, before those countries started seriously fighting Boko Haram, our armed Forced were denied the necessary tools to deal with Boko Haram. Jonathan and his team's plan to use the NE as a tool backfired on them. If he had been serious and used the same zeal employed in the 6 weeks of postponement, he would have most likely won the election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 02, 2015
Clearly this president is making use of his thinking faculty! He has done his homework and realized that these boko boys are taking advantage of the porous boarders with our Northern neighbors! Action president!!!! More grease to your elbow!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by Lucasbalo(m): 4:03am On Jun 02, 2015
SuperNover:
Nigeria must be great. say no to terrorism. say no to tribalism. say no to insane opposition against the goodwill of the government. but oppose and criticize a corrupt government.

embrace Change, embrace positive transformation.

it's not about the party, it's about the person.

it's high time we stopped acting childish, if the government fails to deliver, it's still the masses that'll suffer it, so let's all pray for the success of the present administration.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is indeed a hero.

Buhari is also someone we can trust.

sai Buhari.

said GEJ

long live Nigeria.

join me today and support the MOVEMENT FOR THE ERADICATION OF TRIBAL BIGOTS FROM NAIRALAND
#METBFN , it begins with you

it feels normal being the first to comment. nothing special Bout it.
God bless you for that. My number 1 pet peeve is tribal bigotry. Those bigots on nairaland if you notice are losers in life with nothing positive to offer.
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by bunmititi(f): 4:12am On Jun 02, 2015
Briareos:

You are not as smart as I thought. Buhari never criticized GEJ's cooperation. He only criticized him for seeking foreign aids in combating Boko Haram.

Chad and Niger are active participants in the war against Boko Haram and their involvement even in the latter days of GEJ showed significant improvement.

Allah!
give this mumu sense!
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by sinizia: 4:20am On Jun 02, 2015
Briareos:

You are not as smart as I thought. Buhari never criticized GEJ's cooperation. He only criticized him for seeking foreign aids in combating Boko Haram.

Chad and Niger are active participants in the war against Boko Haram and their involvement even in the latter days of GEJ showed significant improvement.

This is what happens when you are biased, hateful, sentimental and dines with cluelessness. All of sudden in order to lie your way out of the truth, you've acquired the ability to deny truths?

Here's is a link to expose that you are the dunce here not Barcanista

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/disgrace-neighbours-must-take-boko-haram-buhari-2/
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 02, 2015
Exposed: Details of secret meeting between Buhari and northern leaders revealed
SPECIAL REPORTS
The details of a secret meeting between newly sworn-in President Muhammadu Buhari and some northern leaders have been revealed. The meeting took place at the presidential villa on Saturday night, 30th May, 2015.
These northern leaders told Buhari not to make the kind of mistake Dr Jonathan made by not massively developing the Niger Delta.
They said he focused on the transformation of the entire country, believing that he (Dr Jonathan) will secure a second term in office to massively develop Niger Delta.
They asked Buhari to treat the north, mostly north-west and north-east like every day is his last day in office, citing the long absence of a northerner at the helm of affairs.
The Nigerian President was inaugurated at the Eagles Square in Abuja, on May 29, 2015.
Buhari, 72, defeated Goodluck Jonathan in March 28 elections -- the first time in Nigeria's history that an opposition candidate had beaten a sitting president.
The northern leaders made eight demands from Buhari, including:
1.Appointment of core northern Muslims in to key positions in the country.
2.Extra financial support for the 19 northern states.
3.Amnesty for Boko Haram, so that it would be an avenue to empower northern youths.
4.To establish a world class petroleum university in Katsina state.
5.To build another refinery in Kano state.
6.To pay off Tinubu and Amaechi for sponsoring his campaign, so that his presidency can be truly a northern presidency.
7.To place Ankio Briggs and Asari Dokubo on DSS watch list, seize their passports, because they can turn the Niger Delta region against his presidency.
8.And lastly they asked him not to honour the gay agreement between his party (APC) and the western countries.
Sources said Buhari agreed to try his best in the first seven demands, but he is not so sure of the last demand which is the gay agreement with western countries, because he is scared they would fight him, destabilize his government, and possibly edge him out like they did to Dr Jonathan.
The meeting had in attendance, Governors El Rufai, Aminu Masari, Abdulahi Ganduje of Kano, and Ibrahim Shehu Shema of Katsina respectively.
Others are Atiku Abubakar, Ibrahim Coomassie, Adamu Ciroma, Yusuf Maitama Sule, and Muhammad Danjuma Goje.
Meanwhile Aides of President Buhari, yesterday, explained why the president did not declare his assets publicly. They said he will make his assets known to Nigerians within the first 100 days of his stay in power in line with his pledge before the election.
Mixed reactions followed yesterday, on the report that the president and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo had submitted their assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau without immediately making them public.
A civil rights group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, argued that it was imperative for the duo to make public their assets. It said the action will indicate “their desire and commitment to ending corruption in the country.”
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on its part, said it would allow Buhari to settle down for governance before taking him to task on his campaign promises.
However, some notable Nigerians disagreed over call for the public declaration of assets by the president and his vice president.
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by AlPeter: 5:36am On Jun 02, 2015
It is truly a disgrace that Nigeria had to RELY on Chad, Cameroun and Niger to LEAD the fight against BokoHaram when it could have crushed the sect before it became a regional menace. Now that it is Nigeria should be the one LEADING and Co-Ordinating the other Nations in other to effectively stamp it out.... Visiting the other nations to get firsthand reports is a common-sense move but alas common sense is not common.
Re: Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 5:43am On Jun 02, 2015
crixtex:

Lol... no b buhari talk say its a shame for d Nigerian armyvto seek collaborations frm conutries like niger and chad during his interview wit christane amanpour?
Point of correction, he didn't say it was a shame to seek cooperation, he said te Nigerian army must lead the battle instead of foreign soldiers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola / Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections / Gov Shettima Queries Commissioner For Distributing Shoe Polish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.