Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget (28412 Views)

Southern Leaders Meet In Lagos Over National Unity / Saraki Fails To Disclose National Assembly Budget / Massive Protest In Enugu Over National Assembly Election Result (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2015
brooklyn49:
I don't know but sth keep telling me that ribadu is APC spy mope in PDP
he is a spy for saying the truth?

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by BabaEleko(m): 7:58am On Jun 02, 2015
Ribadu made the greatest mistake of his life by decamping to that crime infested party.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by mejai(m): 8:02am On Jun 02, 2015
I was hoping to see a pinshure of dem with cutlass fighting abi clashing. money matter..... no friends in it.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by philips70(m): 8:02am On Jun 02, 2015
Meanwhile this is the party some misguided youths are still dying to preach to right thinking human beings. Why was Ben Bruce silent? Is the ranting for attention seeking only? Ribadu will surely not last in that party.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by porshuch: 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
corruption is PDP's second name? it is in their gene. very soon we will kick the party out in anambra state. Evil party, election riggers.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by dononics(m): 8:05am On Jun 02, 2015
There salary is on d high side...don't let us deceive ourself... dey should try n cut d budget...

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by ozo13(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2015
otipoju:
Telling PDP politicians not to be corrupt is like telling a tortoise to fly..its not possible

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Leonidas1: 8:07am On Jun 02, 2015
Thieves
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by jidebaba69(m): 8:07am On Jun 02, 2015
What do you expect? That they should give away $2million in salaries just to save Nigeria.
It's a pity that Mark doesn't seem to get it. He loyal to his pocket Nigeria is his meal ticket.
I think it's time the house of assembly should reduce its budget by 70%.
So the proceeds can be useful to the majority of Nigerians.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by drey076(m): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2015
Nigerian is really in deep crisis December likes of David mark must die for dis Nigeria to be good again

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by IDOMABOY: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2015
Bevista:
I've never really been a fan of David Mark, he's too conservative for my liking. He doesn't like to rock the boat, he'd rather maintain a corrupt status quo.

Thank goodness he'll no longer be the Senate President. Wish he didn't even return to the Hallowed Chambers.
take or leave it,mark remain d best sen.president nija has ever produce
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by sweetgala(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2015
KnowAll:
A Ribadu / Ben Bruce run for d top job might give Buhari some nightmares? In present day Nigeria integrity sells & these guys could possibly give Buhari a run 4 his money.

To be noted :

1.Buhari by not declaring his assets publicly has started with d wrong footing.

2. Aisha's 10 million watch does not sound austere for an integrity czar like Buhari.

3. Appointing 2 people 4 basically what is d same job smacks of cluelessness 4 use a better word.

4. The jury is still out on Buhari, we are watching.

1. Only 2 day into the Job the board in charge have received Buhari assets declaration form but are yet to conclude on it , and have said they have no means of public declaration yet. You through the freedom of information act have the right to request for it if you so wish.

2. Aisha may have received that watch as a gift and even at that 34,000 is not large money for someone who own a successful beauty therapy business.

3. Information , credible and good information is what Nigerians want and the man has done a good thing of appointing individuals who are well connected to the press and journalist the nation over and respected, and qualified.

GEJ had over 5 guys in his information team frequently contradicting each other.

4. The jury is not out on buhari, you are just sitting in the sun alone waiting for a giant to fall. Not in this time you seed of hate
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by bogolobango(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2015
Thank u jaree take a look at his state benue mehn rubbish i wonder what nigerian politicians are doing with huge amount of money they have in their account

May be dem won carry am go heaven

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by stinggy(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2015
KnowAll:

2. Aisha's 10 million watch does not sound austere for an integrity czar like Buhari.

3. Appointing 2 people 4 basically what is d same job smacks of cluelessness 4 use a better word.

1. If after due confirmation by CCB, his assets isn't declared public, then we can raise this opinion. So let's wait till then.
2. Aisha was a business-woman until May 29 that she wore the watch, not a politician feeding from our collective pot. If she can afford it, by all means, let her use it.
3. Now that is Clueless of him.
4. Whatever will guarantee Nigeria's forward movement.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2015
KnowAll:
A Ribadu / Ben Bruce run for d top job might give Buhari some nightmares? In present day Nigeria integrity sells & these guys could possibly give Buhari a run 4 his money.

To be noted :

Even if she uses 10m watch naa ur money she take buy am ni? Pdp must be dreaming 2 say they ll come back in 2019.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by LKO(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2015
adonismuller:
All these Northerners will be forming saint when their oga from Daura has refused to declare his assets open...who is deceiving who?

Is it by cutting down pay? I swear those National Assembly members does not even touch half of their pay,the money they get from bribery and contract is even enough to pay Nigerian Youths.

They should stop coming to public to make statements that seem to portray them as good people,they should just steal all they want but provide us with electricity,security and employment.

P.s....Ribadu is more of APC to PDP,the earlier PDP realise that the better!!!

Ur foolishness stinks. May God give u a new brain. Definitely, Ribadu do not belong to ur PDP, where broad day fraud is ur deity.

I watched d programme live on AIT and I pity Ribadu for finding himself in d midst of criminals. Ribadu's soul searching speech was not welcomed by d participants, because to dem, "wetin dis foolish man dey talk?". One can vividly see d fume and anguish in d reaction of David Mark to d honest comment of Ribadu.

Never again shall Nigeria be left in d hands of criminals.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by EMANY01(m): 8:44am On Jun 02, 2015
Rexceedo:
We Believe in the Resurrection.... [size=15pt]Regenaration[/size]
PDP!!!!!

The PDP did not die, it just suffered a mishap,it's not dead , it ain't going anywhere....

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by jomoh: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2015
fitzmayowa:

You are getting it wrong, when it comes to money in the national assembly there is no opposition, they are always united, so pointing accusing fingers at PDP guys alone in the national assembly is very wrong....

We also have APC senators/reps in the assembly and none of them said anything about the waste of national fund going on in the house, all in the name of running the "legislative" arm of government...

I believe you're the one who got it wrong. Ribadu was not pointing accusing finger at any party but rather the whole National Assembly. He was only telling the PDP members to break away from the Norm/tradition of making the NA budget secret that it will stand them out and make them acceptable to the populace come 2019.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Lionsclaw: 8:45am On Jun 02, 2015
David Mark is a thief. Why should he get angry. Is there any justification for the huge take home they get yearly in this kind of economy? Nonsense.

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by mbulela: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2015
fitzmayowa:

You are getting it wrong, when it comes to money in the national assembly there is no opposition, they are always united, so pointing accusing fingers at PDP guys alone in the national assembly is very wrong....

We also have APC senators/reps in the assembly and none of them said anything about the waste of national fund going on in the house, all in the name of running the "legislative" arm of government...
Blessed is the womb that bore to you.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by eleko1: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2015
sad the useless man is looking for a appointment as EFCC chairman,that is why he's crying up and down.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by 9jatatafo(m): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Sen David Mark is a man who don't care about the poor and needy. Greedy fellow. I remembered when he was communication minister, he said telephone was not for the poor. How do you expect such human to slash his salary? A man who flies to his country home on helicopter and care not about the state of roads. And for Ribadu, na now day break abi? When PDP was the ruling party, did you champion this course of salary reduction by PDP senators and house of rep members?

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Johnnoo(m): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2015
I like Mallam Nuhu wink

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by ojilepikin(m): 8:54am On Jun 02, 2015
brooklyn49:
I don't know but sth keep telling me that ribadu is APC spy mope in PDP
It is called " MOLE " and not " MOPE ". Well, I guess its a typographical error.

I just d watch.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 02, 2015
pedel:
Nuhu Ribadu has no business being in the PDP, but as they say; "everybody has their price"

We will see how PDP are going to survive as opposition for the next four years; Even if the APC misbehaves it will be hard for PDP to complain as they (the PDP) have perpetuated all sort of mis-governance known to man and it would mean them attacking the rules they set while they were in power. Can PDP now say 'stealing is corruption' now if APC start to steal?

It is hard for a man to start learning to write with left hand in old age.

As for the budget and national assembly's salary; Senators in Nigeria should not be earning more than the American president. All their basic pay and allowance should be the same as applicable in other third world countries.

The Nigeria national assembly do not earn more money than American president. forget all ur talks.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by walozanga(m): 8:59am On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=fitzmayowa post=34334017]

We also have APC senators/reps in the assembly and none of them said anything about the waste of national fund going on in the house, all in the name of running the "legislative" arm of government...[/

dont mind him, he is more of a party person than Nigerian
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by idu1(m): 9:03am On Jun 02, 2015
dre11:
It is a pity Ribadu found himself in the midst of looters in PDP who are not ready to sacrifice their luxury for the well being of Nigerians. David Mark is one of the biggest destroyer of the Nigerian economy and nation; not willing to sacrifice an inch of his luxury for the repair & restoration of Nigeria to improve the life of citizens. David Mark's words have always be anti-human and irrelevant; from the likes of 'telephone is not for the poor' to this recent utterrances, His name should be changed to Judas Stone.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Helkayklassic(m): 9:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Bevista:
I've never really been a fan of David Mark, he's too conservative for my liking. He doesn't like to rock the boat, he'd rather maintain a corrupt status quo.

Thank goodness he'll no longer be the Senate President. Wish he didn't even return to the Hallowed Chambers.

Seconded...that guy is so callous.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by hidee20(m): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2015
But Mark, who showed his dissatisfaction with Ribadu’s charge, wondered why “every time, people will talk about National Assembly budget.”
Explaining that the budget of the Assembly had always been in public domain, the outgoing President of the Senate argued that Senators and House of Representatives members had always made sacrifices in line with the nation’s economic realities.

was David Mark talking about the budget which contain personal information that made it impossible to be given to the press?.

newsrescue.com/n150-billion-a-year-nigerian-national-assembly-to-be-sued-to-disclose-budget/
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Akinz0126(m): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2015
Honesty speaking, EFCC chairman should be returned to Ribadu I have no idea why I like this Ribadu guy very much.Look lyk Ribadu is a spy send to Pdp camp by Apc to monitor Pdp looters and their sources. I
ts obvious that he already completed his mission by spying into each n every pauses of those Pdp guys.He probably might have gathered a lot of evidences on those pdp corupt practices.I smell Rat Ribadu an intelligent detective he won their trust already its tym to let the cat out of his bag to catch the RATS!!!

Rivers State Honors Jonathan, Patience, Odili, Omehia As Wike Decorates Them / Governor Wike To Butcher His Enemies With Cutlass (Video, Photo) / Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me