Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget (28417 Views)

Southern Leaders Meet In Lagos Over National Unity / Saraki Fails To Disclose National Assembly Budget / Massive Protest In Enugu Over National Assembly Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by otr1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
chuna1985:

A senator rents offices in their districts and in Abuja, All the cars under their fleet has drivers, who pays them Who fuels the car n who pays for repairs n maintenance

They have secretaries, Advisers,, security details, pay for their flights, Personal assistants, who pays them. They pay for electricity, buy fuel for generator, organise lunch meal for their staff, pay for water bills in the office buildings n all what not on a monthly basis, that few I can remember .....Is what most of the 30 million goes for..

A senator has average of 30 members of staff and a whole lot of bills to pay, that's where a huge chunk of the 30 million goes into.

The real money senators in Nigeria makes is bribe, lobbying, and gifts. A senator can receive hundreds of millions per year from these.
They have free office spaces and residential quarters in Abuja, so I don't know what you're talking about (Mark actually resides in their quarters in Apo). They don't pay their security details from their own pockets too. They are all entitled to at least one. They can use parts of their constituency allocations to build their constituency offices once and for all.. A Senator have no business having more than 3 official vehicles and five members of staff. I know a couple of lawmakers and I can tell you, they aren't spending 10% of their pays on all what you listed up there. Their staff do not earn anything out of the ordinary, just that they are connected. They can help you get jobs. Need I tell you that these lawmakers, in addition to their huge budget, also deny Nigerians chances to compete for federal jobs?
We have a long way to go in this country.
Re: Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
otr1:

They have free office spaces and residential quarters in Abuja, so I don't know what you're talking about (Mark actually resides in their quarters in Apo). They don't pay their security details from their own pockets too. They are all entitled to at least one. They can use parts of their constituency allocations to build their constituency offices once and for all.. A Senator have no business having more than 3 official vehicles and five members of staff. I know a couple of lawmakers and I can tell you, they aren't spending 10% of their pays on all what you listed up there. Their staff do not earn anything out of the ordinary, just that they are connected. They can help you get jobs. Need I tell you that these lawmakers, in addition to their huge budget, also deny Nigerians chances to compete for federal jobs?
We have a long way to go in this country.

OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha: Biography, Life,history, And Death / Alex Nwankwo 'Alexreports' Emerges Anambra Accord Party Governorship Candidate / Chimamanda Adichie: I Can’t Wait To Vote For Peter Obi In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.