Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers (54443 Views)

'Where Is Bayo Omoboriowo?' President Buhari Asks / Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption / Senate Approves Buhari’s 15 Advisers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
omostar:

Gej didn't, if you read the article, he initially sent 20 to the house, which is still more than what Buhari is sending now undecided

If after sending a list of 20 and later appointing more than 24.. what makes you think that PMB won't appoint more than 15 he sent? I'm not criticizing but lets be objective.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by CriticalThought: 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
let us hope the advisers are all competent, the last thing we need is clueless people whispering in the presidents ear

In other news, what of the ministerial nominees. The fact that it is taking this long probably means there is still internal party struggle and PMB is reminding them "I belong to nobody"
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by kokoA(m): 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
neocortex:
This is what you get when you have an unenlightened president, he needs advice on virtually everything including how to wear his cap.
Jonatha used about 25.. He must be extremely unenlightened.. Olodo rabata!
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by omostar: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mykevp2p:

If after sending a list of 20 and later appointing more than 24.. what makes you think that PMB won't appoint more than 15 he sent? I'm not criticizing but lets be objective.

What is your point? Atleast, he is starting out leaner. undecided
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
shenisaac:

Good question o. I really would want to know. GEJ lovers please help answer ko
In July 2011, GEJ appointed 18 SA's..
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
akanbiaa:
so in your village 26000 I.e 129 dollars watch can sink 15 boreholes a woman's hard earned money, but the David mark 40 million watch presented to Jonathan cannot and you say nothing about that one, hypocrisy. www.naij.com/444322-david-mark-buys-jonathan-a-24k-gold-watch.html
Just shun some Nairalanders jare, they think they woman ain't working... That woman works hard and earns a lot. Thank God she never become first Lady before she buy am, them for say her husband steal money...
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
TS2:

15 special advisers? much?

You obviously are not in touch with reality.

Do you know how many they are usually?
Shun the dude... if you ask him now, he'll say the president is supposed to have only two SAs.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:

GEJ 112 Advisers comprising of Senior Special Advisers, Special Advisers, Special Advisers to the Senior Special Adviser, Special Advisers to Special Advisers etc.

This is CHANGE.
hahahahahaaha grin grin grin grin grin grin, You dey mad I swear!!!!
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mykevp2p:

Then we'll have to wait till then instead of disturbing now...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
veraponpo:

Jonathan started with 24 and later added some few individuals like Okupe, etc

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/jonathans-bloated-list-of-aides/

President Goodluck Jonathan

Let’s face it, the increase in fuel price, by whatever name called, is aimed at increasing the revenue base of government at all tiers. And why do the government need more funds? One reason is to be able to meet its obligations. Much of that unfortunately is to sustain the humongous governance structure made up of unnecessary list of political offices and officers created and appointed to settle the inept ruling/political class.

Let’s start by looking at the list and designations of aides in the Presidency and see if they are necessary at all. President Goodluck Jonathan in June 2011 sought and obtained the approval of Senate to appoint 20 advisers to assist him in running his government. However, the President has, in apparent breach of the number of aides approved for him, gone ahead to appoint at least 24 advisers as at the last count.

ADVERTISEMENT

Beyond exceeding the number, the designations of the appointees also raise serious questions as to the necessity of the appointments. Let’s consider a few.

Dr. Tunji Olagunju, Special Adviser to the President on NEPAD and Dr. Pius Olakunle Osunyikanmi, Special Adviser to the President on International Relations. Apparently, these two offices could have been handled by a single person. Besides, why do we have to appoint a special adviser to the president on these when there is a ministry of foreign affairs with more than one minister, permanent secretary, directors and possibly a department in charge of NEPAD?

Mr. Oronto Douglas, Special Adviser to the President on Research and Strategy. Sentiments aside, what exactly is the role of this office and couldn’t it have been carried out by a permanent employee in the Presidency?

Prof. Abubakar Sambo, Special Adviser to the President on Energy. Really? What distinctive ‘special advice’ is the President expecting from the incumbent here that the ministers for petroleum, energy and power cannot give?

Mrs. Sarah Akuben Pane, Special Adviser to the President on Social Development. One is too stumped to even comment on this. Mrs. Sarah Jibril, Special Adviser to the President on Ethics and Values. What a joke! Who even monitors what, if any, work some of these appointees have been carrying out?

Kingsley Kuku, Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs. What would the minister and the minister of state for the Niger Delta ministry be doing and what about the head of the Niger Delta Development Commission?

Prof. Dan Adebiyi, Special Adviser to the President on Special Duties and Senator Isaiah Ballat, Special Adviser to the President on Special Duties (Office of the Vice-President). Could someone please unpack this designation for us. Same request suffices for Nze Sullivan Akachukwu Nwakpo, Special Adviser to the President on Technical Matters and for Mrs. Asma’u Abdulkadir, Special Adviser to the President on Gender Issues. What on earth amounts to ‘technical matters’?

And there are also Yakubu Abdullahi, Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters (Office of the Vice President); Mr. Bashir Sufyan, Special Adviser to the President on Legal Matters (Office of the Vice-President).

Professor Nwanze Okidegbe, Economic Adviser to the President. What economic advice would this officer give the President that the National Economic Management Team members including the Minister of Finance and the Minister of National Planning cannot?

Senator Ben Obi, Special Adviser to the President on Inter-Party Affairs. There is absolutely no reason to appoint a special adviser for just this function, when there is Ahmed Gulak, Political Adviser to the President just as the designation of Dr Mariam Ali, Special Adviser to the President on Inter-governmental Affairs.

Perhaps the most curious is the Special Adviser (New Media), Reno Omokri. In clear terms, he is special adviser on Twitter and Facebook matters! This is aside the fact that there is a Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity. Strangely, the ‘Twitter and Facebook special adviser’ is not attached to the office of the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity but to the Special Adviser, Research and Strategy.

By the way, these special advisers would ordinarily have their own personal assistants and other aides.

•Obo Effanga is Governance Coordinator, ActionAid Nigeria, obobef@yahoo.com

You are the only one that has made sense so far. I like people that bring facts to the table. This is why I accord you the right of reply.

If Jonathan did the above, didn't Buhari promise a departure from the past and change? He presented himself to the public as the spartan king, who survives on little or nothing. Nigerians are ready for him. We are ready to make the sacrifices but he should lead by example...him and his family.

If Buhari makes the mistake of luxuriating like other past leaders(which he has started to, with the wife's wristwatch etc). He shall go down the way of OBJ; in infamy and disgraced. I do not wish him ill cos if he succeed, my country succeeds and I have a stake in this country. I pray for him, but it is also my duty as a citizen to point out his failings. So far, he has not inspired. It is still too early and he can retrace his steps and redeem himself. If he continues the way he is going now, Nigeria is going to be on standstill for four years.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by rigarmortis: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]Ignore anything your are hearing on the news and read my signature.

Make plans for the defence and protection of your families and communities enemies of Nigeria are hoping to engineer a blood bath in Nigeria.
[/size]

you are suffering from schizophrenia, seek help.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
GenBuhari:
[/size]
You don't have a signature...
You don't have certificate....
You don't have plans to lead us well...
You don't have a democratic knowledge to stand this era...
You don't have a brain....
You don't have conscience....
You're a general and a dictator....!
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by baresy007(m): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
GenBuhari:

Make plans for the defence and protection of your families and communities enemies of Nigeria are hoping to engineer a blood bath in Nigeria.
[/size]
Really!!!!!
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by ProfyJay(m): 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
20pounds:
What does he need 15 advisers for? I thought this is a government of frugality, where a spartan approach to governance shall reign supreme.

Let him not also forget to ask them to declare their assets and their salaries should be made public.

Buhari's convoy is still long and made up of foreign cars. When is he going to start driving Innoson cars and the made in Nigeria Nissan cars?

Let us not forget that Aisha Buhari's wristwatch can sink 15 boreholes in Daura, where people and camels hustle for a drinking space in stagnant mosquito infested- ponds.

I hope we have not been scammed. #CHANGE DOLE!
Do you think runing a country is like runing a supermarket
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by quiet006storm: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
How do you know the best man for you when you're choosing who you want in a relationship? find out as this woman tells us her story
http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/05/the-best-man.html?spref=tw
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by Bonethugss: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hasino2258:
is David mark still the Senate president?

The assembly will be dissolved on June 6, so he remains the Senate president till then.
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by NobleG1(m): 1:47am On Jun 03, 2015
Is 15 advisers not too much?
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by Avicennabayo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dannyset:
This is good news tho, buh lemme ask. How many Special Advisers did Jonathan make use of? I asked because I didn't know ni ooo.
Whatever decisions Baba n Prof takes, God give them the Wisdom they need for it.
I need a better Nigeria, and I want it to start now.
this link answer ur question
https://www.nairaland.com/848047/unnecessary-appointments-made-president-goodluck
Re: Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 14, 2015
More than 10 days later, the names of those 15 advisers is still in a secret vault!!! change is here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Returns From UK, Says Buhari is Happy With Osinbajo / Arthur Eze Na Ikpo And Emeka Offor Who Is Richer...please I Am In A Hot Debate / Goodluck Jonathan Sizes Himself With Some Nigerian-americans (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.