Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption (44094 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia / Saraki Seized My $200,000 - Omoyele Sowore Opens Up (VIDEO) / Omoyele Sowore Mocks Buhari & His Cabal. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by SexyBabe001: 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
Speaking while making his contributing to the debate on the 2017 budget during the senate plenary on Wednesday, a senator from Ondo state, Omoyele Omogunwa, called for the legalisation of corruption in the country.

The lawmaker who spoke at the u‎pper legislative chamber, lamented that corruption was pervasive in the country, argued that it should be “legalised”.

The senator said there was corruption in the judiciary, and even within the anti-corruption ‎agencies, adding that if corruption was legalised, Nigerians who stole public funds would use them in building factories and industries in the country, instead of having them stashed away abroad.

He added that the performance of the 2016 budget should be examined first before that of 2017 is determined.

The official Twitter handle of the Senate also confirmed Omogunwa’s suggestion, writing: “Senator Omogunwa notes that Budgets doesn’t have maximal impact due to corruption. He says corruption shld be legalized/liberalized then.”

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/controversy-in-national-assembly-as.html

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by JBismarck(m): 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
I'm not surprised much. The SINators are the perfect models for learners in the art of corruption. Na sense!

FTC shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by sarrki(m): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
We can now see that this guy's are rogues

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by SexyBabe001: 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
That will be so interesting to note...

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
They need to get his brain checked. If corruption is to be legalised, then what's the noise about Magu?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Keegan: 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
I think this makes a lot of sense. Since that's what majority of us prefer and no one wants to change his dubious ways.

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by NOC1(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
chai... only in Nigeria my country, my country..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by vatiqan(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
O yes! If Babachir is said to be a saint; then Corruption should be made legal.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Aufbauh(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
This is one of the proponents of "Bring back our corruption" and look set to get a heroic statue from some of our.....uhmm, you know what i mean. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by seunmsg(m): 3:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
Keegan:
I think this makes a lot of sense. Since that's what majority of us prefer and no one wants to change his dubious ways.

It makes no danm sense. The CBN governor can as well loot the entire foreign reserve and start an industry with the loot, right? If we legalise corruption today, only the elites who are in public office will benefit. They will loot your future and that of your children today. In the next few years, the country will be so broke that there will be nothing left again to steal.

Fighting corruption is never going to be easy but we have no alternative than to continue battling the scourge. That Buhari failed a major test in the fight against corruption by clearing Babachir Lawal doesn't mean we should then legalise corruption. Nigerians must realise that the war on corruption is one that must be won in the long run.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by omowolewa: 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Matter don enter reverse gear, thatz sarcastic.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by vatiqan(m): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
sarrki:
We can now see that this guy's are rogues

who are the 'we'? You must be sick, upstairs? Have you stopped to think about Babachir Lawal being cleared bt the dullard; or Magu's name being sent to the senate? Ino mkpo!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by stefanweeks: 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
na so
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Keegan: 3:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
seunmsg:

It makes no damn sense.
Don't mind me, besides I'm not a lawmaker.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by fijiano202(m): 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wow this is new...well thanks to jonathan stealing aint corruption
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Blaqsuqar: 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
Lunatics making laws

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Young03(m): 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
he made sense oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by googlepikins: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
Oh yes, since Buhari and all the people in aso Rock are all thieves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by shammah1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nawa o
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Moreoffaith(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nigeria+politicians= Dramaland.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by steppin: 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Smh. If this statement was made by an Igbo man, the brown roof fockers would have the descended on igbos in this thread, like a venue of vultures.
But since it's one of their own, the story changes.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by AntiWailer: 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Eh yah
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by tillaman(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ur kidding right Op
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by voicelez: 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
This is why I don't blame Nnamdi Kanu when he is agitating for Biafra. No future with this country I swear

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by YesNo(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
now i can say I HAVE SEEN IT ALL
now we can all see that CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME was a total waste of time and money spent on publicity
and national orientation programs.

the WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING have become tired of wearing the sheep clothing and they are voicing out their main intentions.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by efilefun(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
The dude just spoke the mind of all he's fellow thieves. Bunch of criminals and lunatics

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by ofofoCEO(f): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
This is madness. Just look at this
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Youngetskilz23(m): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nigeria is truly dead .RIP cry

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Abudu2000(m): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
Same way I feel bombs should be legalized too

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by beejay247: 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
Naija which way .. This country can't move forward with this kinda leaders....

You saying every leader should start looting, tell me daft senator, what is gonna remain ... We should now resort to begging you to invest your loots after you might have kept enough to feed your next 100 generations.

I want to believe you were just being sarcastic jare, except something serious happened to your brain undecided...

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Dimejidude(m): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
It seems we have more mad men in government than those roaming on the streets

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Drazeen(m): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
I don't even know what to say.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Not In US: Nigerian Embassy / Bomb Blast In Jos (ECWA Church, Along Rukuba Road) / Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.