Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari (41324 Views)

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / Fayose Urges Workers To Call Off Strike, Says APC Should Cover Face In Shame / Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by lalasticlala(m): 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to give him the privilege of nominating an Ekiti State indigene for appointment into Buhari’s cabinet.

Fayose, who was one of Buhari’s biggest opponents in the run-up to the March presidential election, said this in a statement on Tuesday.

The governor said he had written to Buhari and was hopeful that the President’s reply would be favourable.

Fayose said, “I shall be happy to nominate a worthy and competent professional, who can always oblige Your Excellency and your cabinet the benefit of a second opinion in the serious business of governance.”

He noted that he wrote the letter based on the declaration made by the President that he would put the overall interest of the country above every other particularly political partisanship and bias.

He said even former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, appointed the late Chief Bola Ige as the Minister for Justice despite Ige being a chief of the opposition Alliance for Democracy.

The governor also hinted that his letter was on the strength of Section 147 sub (2) and (3) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which states: (2) Any appointment to the office of the Minister of the government of the Federation shall, if the nomination of any such person to such office is confirmed by the Senate, be made by the President. (3) Any appointment under sub-section (2) of this section by the President shall be in conformity with the provision of section 15 (3) of this constitution provided that in giving effect to the provision aforesaid, the President shall appoint at least one Minister from each state, who shall be an indigene of such state.

Fayose, who noted that Ekiti is a PDP state, where the governor, the National Assembly and the state Assembly members are all PDP members, said in the spirit of putting in place an all inclusive government with capacity for national integration, the President should accord him the honour and privilege to name the minister that would come from Ekiti State.

http://www.punchng.com/news/let-me-nominate-your-minister-fayose-urges-buhari/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by mployer(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
I am coming...

Buharists will have a field day on this thread

19 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by bajajamujaja: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
Gobe

1 Like

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Heebucun(f): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
Who else think fayose is high on cheap weed grin

450 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by DickTator1: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
Guy man Fayose wants to put his man there in case something happens to Buhari.

Fayose very sharp man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by modath(f): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fayose should start vetting all these road side bukas that he eats in, he has picked a virus in one of them that has introduced tapeworms into his brain. smiley

Amala & moet is also an intoxicating combo.

He knows capable hands but has not appointed commissioners since october that he took oath of office. cheesy

He should not bother, Baba is "dying" and he can nominate a replacement for his position instead. #yeyenatu.

137 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by OAM4J: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
This guy is a clown

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Brugo(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
angry

I can't believe he just asked for permission to plant a mole. We have not forgotten the death wishes in the Sun and Punch newspapers. Interestingly, there is no presence of the APC in Fayose's new government. This man just had to prod the President to look into his matter.

It must be depressing for Fayose to see Buhari's portrait in a place of prominence in his office. He must live with it. There are trying times ahead for Ekiti government.

Fayose will be required to be a good administrator - something beyond his ability.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Flets: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
You just have to give it to Fayose. He seem to thrive on controversy yet has the heart of his people the local governance.

Say all you want about him but his attributes are rare.
Amaechi comes close but grossly loathed by his people.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by sexymoma(f): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
See what someone's role model is doing...

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Davidolives(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
fayose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by IceSplash(f): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Lilimax(f): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
This man again embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by ebamma(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Chai
Fayose no even shame
Like Ffk like Fayose
I won't be surprised if he decamps to Apc soon

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
.really? The man u published his death on d front page of punch?
And that was a silly mistake,now u are trying too hard to get close to Buhari.
hope u a have not forgotten about ekiti gate,we can't just pretend as if it was nothing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by AnneMomoh: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Thats the Beauty of Democracy

5 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by yeahh(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Short of words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Jorussia(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
.fayose should just go and hide himself in shame,buhari Nv even agree to accept Ministerial nominees from him fellow APC govs not to talk of you. Fayose is more of a comedian than a governor of a state.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by ionsman: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
If he had died like you had hoped for, would you be talking about nominating a minister for him? Shameless governor. angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by dammytosh: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wetin he smoke ?

10 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Ymodulus: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
PDP Joker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by kimond101: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
He better find his levels
Tinubu never nominate for Buhari yet na Fayose Baba go come answer

7 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by OkutaNla: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fayose the jester/joker! For him mind. When Ekiti was an APC state, did Fayemi nominate the Minister from the state into GEJ's cabinet? Smh.

8 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by deebsman1(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Broda Ayo is basically dumb cheesy kai. In your state, u rigged yourself into power and in turn rigged all the other available positions from state lawmakers to federal lawmakers and now the only position left that is not possible for you to rig, u r now asking people more intelligent than yourself to allot it to u again, fayose dey smoke some cheap cow shyt grin.
Btw, maybe some herbalists somewhere or pastors or alfas na em tell am to do like dat cos i don't think on a normal day if he's sober he can make such laughable request by himself.

9 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by dadaayodejio(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
I laff in Swahili

1 Like

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by AnneMomoh: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Heebucun:
F

Flavour?
Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fayose

D oshokomole of yorubaland
D asiwaju cum jagaban of southwest
D modern "Awolowo" of nigeria
D man whose political wisdom cum knowledge surpasses dat of tinubu cum obasanjo
d "god" of ekiti politics
U indeed a model for all to follow
We d youth wanna tap from ya wealth of experience

10 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Pangea: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
grin
It's really OPEN SEASON for mad people!

So Fayose that was wishing PMD death, too want to nominate ?

14 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fayose must be joking

3 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by chiefinalowo: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
I am sure Gov. Fayose was drunk when he made this request.
Gov. Fayose, you know you are my man, I want you to leave President Buhari alone.

3 Likes

Re: Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari by Chinaimporter: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
[size=18pt]Yes an ffk would make a gud cheif of staff[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Accuses Abike Dabiri Of Abandoning Igbos In Sudan (Video, Photos) / Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic / Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.