Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android (45678 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. / Iphone Users Have More Sex Than Android & Blackberry Users - OK Cupid’s Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by khattab008: 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
iwatch:
yes but only the magnification is a problem now. The other has stopped. Update your os and it will stop

Ok, thanks.

feran14:

if ur on twitter Facebook or instagram, search for windowsphonefans. they help with stuff like that

Will do so, thanks.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by grinface98(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
SMH
good evening boss. Been waiting for u to add links to fonts download on the thread u created a while ago but it seems u are too busy to attend to it yet. Just wanna remind u sha. Don't forget ur followers Oooo. We're waiting for u to add more fonts. I really hope u add AEREOLITE font sir. Been looking for it since last week. Pls sir, we're waiting. Thank u
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by jom28gy(m): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
now they are wooing me to buy Gionee saying is the best.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:04am On Jun 10, 2015
grinface98:
good evening boss. Been waiting for u to add links to fonts download on the thread u created a while ago but it seems u are too busy to attend to it yet. Just wanna remind u sha. Don't forget ur followers Oooo. We're waiting for u to add more fonts. I really hope u add AEREOLITE font sir. Been looking for it since last week. Pls sir, we're waiting. Thank u
Aiight boss ✔
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
dejavume:
windows phone has been my best choice,most ppl hate coz its hard for them to operate,most of ppl that cant operate windows phone are stil same ppl that love windows 10 laptop....i have windows mobile 6.5, move to windows phone htc 7.5 now htc 8.1,waiting for july the d day to launch windows 10.
windows phone sweet to use,easy to nagivate,facebook chat very sweet on it,more secured than andriod

Stop spewing trash dude @ the bolded. I understand the platform being your choice but don't go thinking that it's because others who don't like it do so because it is hard to figure out. Windows has the simplest ui after iOS, absolutely nothing complex there. The only complex thing there is silly pursuit of trying to be different and hence messing up a lot of usability features. Take for instance these following issues

1. you can't edit a number before dialing. Lets say you've dialed a wrong number and discovered that it was wrong. You can't edit it from the call log and have to type it all afresh before dialing. This is a feature even Nokia "java" phones have before the days of smartphone.

2. You can't select a number to text from a contact that has multiple entries. Lets say you have a contact with multiple numbers. You can open the contact and select which one to call. But you can't do the same for text. The silly phone will show you a text option which when you click will select the first number on the list and take you to the messaging app for text. Another thing I enjoyed since the days of my Nokia N70.

3. Jumbled call log. The windows call log is very laughable. It finds it hard to sort the call logs especially if you are the type that saves multiple entries to one contact as opposed to having contacts like Henry MTN, Henry Etisalat, Henry 2, etc. When you have those multiple numbers call you different occasions, the call logs separates them and make it look jumbled. You will now be having multiple call log entries for Henry and only when you check the details will you find out that it is from the different numbers that Henry uses. In Android/IOS/Blackberry, no matter how many multiple entries a contact has, the call log groups calls from that contact into one entry with the latest log on top. When you now go into details, you will then see a breakdown of the individual numbers by log and type (called in/out or missed).

4. Attaching files. How hard can it be to attach a simple file to your email? Try doing that on Winblows phone and you will feel like crying. Imagine typing that very long email on your phone and getting to the end, you want to attach a file (picture/document/video/etc) to it. You click on the attach icon and lo and behold, the silly phone automatically assumes that you are trying to send a picture and takes you straight to the photos app with no other option of going anywhere else. That is quite horrendous. The first time that happened to me, I felt like smashing the phone. The only alternative left is to first of all, go to the file (pic/document/video/music/etc), open it and then share it thru the email account. Only then will you be able to attach the file. And I'm saying this occurs with the default and inbuilt email app that comes with the phone.

5. Inability to select default apps. Even on the Windows OS for PC, you can select the default app for opening a type of file if you have multiple apps that can handle it. For instance, you have two web browsers installed and you click on a weblink, a popup menu will show asking you to select the app you want to use to open the link and you can also select the default app for such in the same popup menu. Windows on PC has this feature, Android has it too. Why on earth it wasn't carried over to Windows phone is hard to comprehend. Trying that on windows phone opens up internet explorer straight up for you.

I can go on and on but I am busy at the moment. So, please never you tell me that Windows phone is too complex or hard to operate for Nigerians that's why we stay away from it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
mdbabah2008:
As for me and my entire family, its windows phone or nothing cos other OS is a total crap!

Lol. Your opinion still counts as one out of 7 billion people.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
Greatfes17:
The never ending praises about Android is what I dont know the reasons for.

I never enjoyed using my Android for a day. Although am using inferior Android phone (ie. Tecno h5). But even better Android phones which I have been opportuined to get from family and friends never proved Android better than windows phone. The first day I used Windows phone, I was like wow, is this really a phone or pc? The quality of phone, the apps, speed and even touch sensor was not ordinary compared to Androids which I have used. This made me ask why Android in the first place.

My greatest problem with Android is that:
1. It easily runs out of internal storage inspite of 8gb internal memory and runs slow even in said 1gb ram and dual core processor.
2. Garbage bloatware you never get to use. Fun Club deducts atleast N100 from my account weekly for unknown seevices which I never received.
3. Easily editable Android apps. With good zip file manager, you can easily open and edit any Android app to your choice if you know java language.
4. Rooting. To make better use of your Android, you must root the phone. Which to me, its an undesired stress.
5. Typing in Android is worse than java (series 40) phones. I have to use two text areas to be able to type this. Then, I used copy and paste to merge it.
[b]Worse than anything, typing this piece has taken more than an hour of my time.

Dude, from what you wrote, I can get one thing very clearly. You have never seen an android phone in your life. For you to say that typing in android is hell is a straight pointer to that. LMAO

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
pacino26:
Not everyone remembers Sendo X, it was a Windows phone. I used a HTC Pro 2 that was running 6.8 back then it was launched. The amazing thing was that I triple booth the phone; Java, Android and the WindowOS. So literally I had the three phones in one to load all form of apps now that's what I call a phone. Android is cool but Windows is for those chosen few elite and coordinated minds.

I look forward to doing some crazy things with the next Windows phone that comes my way.

Dude, Sendo X was symbian and not windows. And the only android you can get on that phone to work was froyo 2.2.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by pacino26(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, Sendo X was symbian and not windows. And the only android you can get on that phone to work was froyo 2.2.

My bad referring to Sagem flagship Windows phone.

Like I said way back then. HTC Pro 2 was good talk more recent Windows phone.

Think am getting old o
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
pacino26:

My bad referring to Sagem flagship Windows phone.

Like I said way back then. HTC Pro 2 was good talk more recent Windows phone.

Think am getting old o

Seriously, back then windows mobile was horrible and still faced useability issues. I once remembered someone asking me to help him configure the gprs settings on his Palm Treo and it was hell. In the end, why use it when there were great smartphones running symbian like the Nokia 6600, N Series and Communicator series. Sony Ericsson P-series (P800, P900, P990, etc).
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Greatfes17: 12:56am On Jun 11, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, from what you wrote, I can get one thing very clearly. You have never seen an android phone in your life. For you to say that typing in android is hell is a straight pointer to that. LMAO

Well, I won't be too stupid to try picking up an arguement with you. Probably, you may be my class that uses tecno phone and yet boast of using smart phones.

Furthermore, I will not try giving you a single reason that I use Android, but maybe one day, try using your android as notebook(joter). work with large text files and feel what I've been through. CHEERS!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by pacino26(m): 5:43am On Jun 11, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Seriously, back then windows mobile was horrible and still faced useability issues. I once remembered someone asking me to help him configure the gprs settings on his Palm Treo and it was hell. In the end, why use it when there were great smartphones running symbian like the Nokia 6600, N Series and Communicator series. Sony Ericsson P-series (P800, P900, P990, etc).

That same 'hell' then is yet to change. Generally Windows phone demand a little extra to let you utilize it fully. Till that people still find it difficult with Windows 8 you know.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Greatfes17:

Well, I won't be too stupid to try picking up an arguement with you. Probably, you may be my class that uses tecno phone and yet boast of using smart phones.

Furthermore, I will not try giving you a single reason that I use Android, but maybe one day, try using your android as notebook(joter). work with large text files and feel what I've been through. CHEERS!!!

Hahahahaa..... Sorry matey.... Not your class. Don't do MTK phones, not even Sony and HTC MTK phones not to talk of Tecno.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
pacino26:

That same 'hell' then is yet to change. Generally Windows phone demand a little extra to let you utilize it fully. Till that people still find it difficult with Windows 8 you know.

And that is why it isn't ready for prime time. Technology is meant to make things easier. To take away or solve a problem. But when it introduces an additional problem that wasn't in the picture before, then that technology is a step backward.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Greatfes17: 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Hahahahaa..... Sorry matey.... Not your class. Don't do MTK phones, not even Sony and HTC MTK phones not to talk of Tecno.
Nice one.
With your class of phone(s), you can't prove I don't use Android right?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
Greatfes17:
Nice one.
With your class of phone(s), you can't prove I don't use Android right?

Dude, you've already proved it to us yourself when you made ur first comment about typing being hell on Android. In case you don't know, Android platform debuted the swipe to type thingy that other platforms are now emulating today.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Greatfes17: 8:28am On Jun 14, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, you've already proved it to us yourself when you made ur first comment about typing being hell on Android. In case you don't know, Android platform debuted the swipe to type thingy that other platforms are now emulating today.
You can assume and believe anything you wish. None my biz though...

Beautiful Sunday pal
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 14, 2015
i was here by d way windows is good not great but still repping 435......i used word flow to type this rubbish

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

i see you were taking on every windows phone fan, just wondered why you did not take on me, the op
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:19am On Jun 15, 2015
runzlord:

i see you were taking on every windows phone fan, just wondered why you did not take on me, the op

1. You're quite wrong in your assertion that I'm taking on every windows fan. I'm only taking on those that say false or wrong things about Windows and Android.

2. Your points have been sufficiently answered by at least 2 persons here so no need to add to it.

3. If you still want an answer from me about the points you made, I can gladly do that as long as you also give an answer to those that I pointed out in an earlier post.
And trust me when I say this, you post is full of assumptions with few facts or links to support your claims. Let me know if you are up to it.

Have a great week.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by SPDAZZY(f): 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
Youngpo413:
I hope that your 435 is green colour?lol
I'm using the immediate elder brother,lumia 532 green....hello CORTANA.

Windows phone till infinity.

yeah it's green, but some gunmen took it on Tuesday 16-06-2015, missing it real bad and am sure Cortana really misses me
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Alexanda07(m): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Filashade:

Yep u get to keep the phone. What!!!! £60 is £9,000 in Naira? E wo!!!! Ehnnn wooow thats a lot of money i am spending oo. But still both phones are of good quality.

I do my contract with Carphone Warehouse. They are a phone/tablet company who also deal with EE/O2/3/T-Mobile/Orange/Vodafone etc.

CURRENTLY 1 POUNDS = N315.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Filashade(f): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
Alexanda07:

CURRENTLY 1 POUNDS = N315.

I know i am speachless.

£1 is N315.19. This is absoulutely ridiculous.

I am going to spend less money from now on.

Unbeliveablesad
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Alexanda07(m): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Filashade:

I know i am speachless.

£1 is N315.19. This is absoulutely ridiculous.

I am going to spend less money from now on.

Unbeliveablesad

Yeah! That's because you are in a country where spending 100 pounds is like eating a biscuit or peanut.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Youngpo413: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
SPDAZZY:

yeah it's green, but some gunmen took it on Tuesday 16-06-2015, missing it real bad and am sure Cortana really misses me
eeya,I'm sorry about that,God will help you to get a new one,your life is more important.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by SPDAZZY(f): 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Youngpo413:
eeya,I'm sorry about that,God will help you to get a new one,your life is more important.

Amen! I'm working towards a Microsoft lumia 535 this time. Thanks dear
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Youngpo413: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
SPDAZZY:

Amen! I'm working towards a Microsoft lumia 535 this time. Thanks dear
535?hmmm
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wateva ur point is android is and will ever be better than wp
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by SPDAZZY(f): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Youngpo413:
535?hmmm
why the hmmm? I am thinking in that direction cos the camera is better, the cover hardly gets soiled and the green and yellow ones have insurance.
Do you think it's not a right step?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by weyreypey: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
Porting. From Android to Windows phone straightaway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans / 3 Phones That Will Make A Mark In 1st Half Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.