Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android (45644 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. / Iphone Users Have More Sex Than Android & Blackberry Users - OK Cupid’s Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

cheesycheesycheesycheesy I reserve my comment

Nooo.... better comment your reserve o.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by menesheh(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
django1:

People talk about this app store thing please I need to know exactly what apps they are talking about in the playstore that they can't find in windows app store?

For me there is no important app missing from both stores but on android you can get 100 duplicates of a single app doing the same thing which really doesn't make things better.

I own both android and windows phone and I still rate windows phone above android.

That bolded, you may not understand the joy of selecting and knowing the tastes of each b4 selecting your desired one. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by GeneralQuamdeen: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Viciyus:
ode, weti you don use your african brain do?
I won't be tempted to pick up a fight..
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Burger01:

Ok, that's nice, especially being able to use Android for secure shell connection. But, have you tried these with windows phone? Though I haven't but I believe a windows phone would do all you do using Android. One way or the other I still prefer windows phone smiley

Lol. I'm an IT professional and the least I could do was to try out a platform extensively before giving up on it. And trust me, I did and it wasn't worth the effort.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
I won't be tempted to pick up a fight..
animal
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Burger01(m): 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Lol. I'm an IT professional and the least I could do was to try out a platform extensively before giving up on it. And trust me, I did and it wasn't worth the effort.
Ntorr. Thanks sad
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by ugoezeik(m): 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
eromspete:
Valid points as the OP rightly pointed out. Check out my profile for Lumia 930 cheesy giveaway.

Windows has such a smooth platform.

Can't wait for WP10 to be released officially. Previewed it earlier on the Insider program and its great cool
guy u jux made me nw lose my gods given md only to see tortoise on ur profile abi? are ur family frm tortoise Kingdom?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Filashade(f): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

its not your fault.. I believe windows phone is not for Nigerians cos alot of their brains cant take it.. so they stick to the simple android OS.. when I see a Nigerian who is able to fully use a windows phone, I would be impressed.

besides I believe windows phone is for the business class and not ordinary Nigerians

Lumia 535 all the way

Yes you are so correct. Windows phone is really good. I started with Nokia Lumia 520 then upgraded to 635 Now I have both the 1020 and 1520 which are so sick!!!!

Here in the uk most people use Iphone and Ipad and all i see is smashed screens. I am yet to find someone with an Iphone/Ipad that is not smashed.

I do like Samsung though but the downside of it is the Battery Life. Apart from that its good but Windows phone all the way!!tongue

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
you dey for naija, those window phones no get nothing on it.
make I dey find. .cap application like mumu abi?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by loomer: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

its not your fault.. I believe windows phone is not for Nigerians cos alot of their brains cant take it.. so they stick to the simple android OS.. when I see a Nigerian who is able to fully use a windows phone, I would be impressed.

besides I believe windows phone is for the business class and not ordinary Nigerians

Lumia 535 all the way

Take am easy, no de classify all nigerians same. Na 535 u de use nai make u de feel funky.
The reason I feel say most naija people de use andriod na cos of data.
Even my old papa na windows him de use.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
Filashade:

Yes you are so correct. Windows phone is really good. I started with Nokia Lumia 520 then upgraded to 635 Now I have both the 1020 and 1520 which are so sick!!!!

Here in the uk most people use Iphone and Ipad and all i see is smashed screens. I am yet to find someone with an Iphone/Ipad that is not smashed.

I do like Samsung though but the downside of it is the Battery Life. Apart from that its good but Windows phone all the way!!tongue

1020 and 1520... choii are phones that cheap over there?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by iliyande(m): 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
Enjoying my glo bis on my android cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by dejavume: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
windows phone has been my best choice,most ppl hate coz its hard for them to operate,most of ppl that cant operate windows phone are stil same ppl that love windows 10 laptop....i have windows mobile 6.5, move to windows phone htc 7.5 now htc 8.1,waiting for july the d day to launch windows 10.
windows phone sweet to use,easy to nagivate,facebook chat very sweet on it,more secured than andriod

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Filashade(f): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

1020 and 1520... choii are phones that cheap over there?

Lol they are sort of expensive if you buy them alone. I am on a phone contract so I pay about £30-£40 per month for the Phone and Data allowances (wifi bundle, text and calls) So I will get 400 Minutes, 1000 text and 5GB data to use for the month. So for both 1020 and 1520 I pay £60 per month. Its a 24 months contract. I know £60 is a lot of money but thats the only thing i spend on myself every month so yh (apart from food, travel costs and extra)
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by MicroBox: 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
Please Nokia xl, is it window or android by default?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by robinicule(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
windows koor, Louvres ni

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You can get an android for cheaper , 9000 naira to be precise
i know
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You can get an android for cheaper , 9000 naira to be precise
i know
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

Lumia 535 all the way

God bless you. If u've still not used a Lumia, ur on a loooong thing.

TeamLumia630. Flier than even the BB10.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Filashade:

Lol they are sort of expensive if you buy them alone. I am on a phone contract so I pay about £30-£40 per month for the Phone and Data allowances (wifi bundle, text and calls) So I will get 400 Minutes, 1000 text and 5GB data to use for the month. So for both 1020 and 1520 I pay £60 per month. Its a 24 months contract. I know £60 is a lot of money but thats the only thing i spend on myself every month so yh (apart from food, travel costs and extra)

that's about 9k per month... .but at the end of the contract, you get to keep the phone?

and who are your contractors?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

Lol I'm a Nigerian and I believe I have the right to talk some sense to my people
then talk senses and not **** bro,,,safe
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hishuula:
then talk senses and not **** bro,,,safe

thanks but no thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by naijamerican: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
The Windows OS is VASTLY better than android. However the lack of apps makes this phone a nonstarter. GREAT backup phone though.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by abdulskulboy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
Everything above is true about android and windows phone.
Windows phone 8.1 has Cortana feature... In fact, WP re better than Android anyway
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

thanks but no thanks
lol.......thumbs up
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
kingslly:
I dunno for u bro,may be boring stuffs are interesting to u, Lumia phones have all their functions and apps poured out on just the home screen and dats too boring for me. U can simply say that most windows phones are under-rated but that doesnt mean they are Better than Android phones.The best windows phone is 100 steps behind the best android phone. grin

you have never met the Lumia icon
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by ONESS: 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
jom28gy:
thats remind me something,my Android does not downlaod something at all,what is the cause?
Mine was stupid. I'd to sell it and buy my Nokia. If its not Nokia then it is not NOKIA.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by spoilerx: 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
you are used to cheap sub standard android phones. don't think you have used a flagship android device.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by PerfectNg(m): 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
I Must Say This Is Really Detailed And really needs another detailed post to oppose these points..

i stick to android though, but may be giving that lumia 430 chance soon..
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Filashade(f): 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
feran14:

that's about 9k per month... .but at the end of the contract, you get to keep the phone?

and who are your contractors?

Yep u get to keep the phone. What!!!! £60 is £9,000 in Naira? E wo!!!! Ehnnn wooow thats a lot of money i am spending oo. But still both phones are of good quality.

I do my contract with Carphone Warehouse. They are a phone/tablet company who also deal with EE/O2/3/T-Mobile/Orange/Vodafone etc.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Cul4real(m): 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
PLS LET SOMEONE HELP ME, DOES WINDOW PHONE HAVE “GOOGLE PLAY STORE“? THANKS.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by buddy221(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Pls I need a answer... Anybody with good idea should help me out. Somebody wants to dash me a phone.... She said I should choose between NOKIA XL and phantom A(techno f7) I knw dat these phones are android.. My brothers and sisters.. Which of the 2 phones will u guys advice me to pick.?.and why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) / See 6 Of The Most Dangerous Selfies Ever Taken / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.