Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android (45715 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / How To Check If Your Phone Is Cloned(fake) Or Not. / Iphone Users Have More Sex Than Android & Blackberry Users - OK Cupid’s Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Youngpo413: 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
django1:

People talk about this app store thing please I need to know exactly what apps they are talking about in the playstore that they can't find in windows app store?

For me there is no important app missing from both stores but on android you can get 100 duplicates of a single app doing the same thing which really doesn't make things better.

I own both android and windows phone and I still rate windows phone above android.
thank you my brother,don't mind all these cheap tecno fanboys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
Cul4real:
PLS LET SOMEONE HELP ME, DOES WINDOW PHONE HAVE “GOOGLE PLAY STORE“? THANKS.
No
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
Switched to nokiaxl few days ago now am enjoying it after rootin it
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
ifyonuoha:
Pls is ur lumia 820 running on windows 8 or 8.1 and is it safe to upgrade it to 8.1?
Very safe
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
BigBizzy:
please oh, can one tweak the windows phone to use the blackberry imie?
No
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
Phrankin:
Yes. It sure does. It also has a boutique, Microsoft night club, and a spacious car park. Lest I forget, it has an i-restaurant that offers free meals every Tuesday night.
Lol, what are you saying??
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Youngpo413: 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
SPDAZZY:
Microsoft Lumia 435 al the way.
I enjoy it more than my Huawei especially as it doesn't lag. I love reading online and hate lags when reading an interesting story
I hope that your 435 is green colour?lol
I'm using the immediate elder brother,lumia 532 green....hello CORTANA.

Windows phone till infinity.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Youngpo413: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Vanellope:

Thank you jare. I bought Microsoft Lumia Windows Phone 535 double sim a few days ago. The experience has been wonderful. It even has the almighty Cortana! It's Here Maps is wonderful. It comes in Gorilla Glass 3. Awesome!
you can use the Here map offline too,what more can you ask for,don't mind all those cheap tecno users,stick to windows forever.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by franconian: 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
francis247:
OP, please stop all these baseless comparisons between ope-source Android and close-source operating systems. Android is a very open, and versatile OS. Have you ever heard of or seen a custom ROM for ios, bb, or windows? have you evey heard or seen any OEM's device running ios, bb, or [b] windows apart from the OEMs that own these close operating systems?[\b]The Droid operating system is different, it's unique, heterogeneous, simple and most importantly very free and OPEN. The owners of the Droid OS are seperate from the owners of the OEMs that run OS on their devices hence the difference in UI, sepecs sheet, etc. of every Android Os device. Please restrict your comparisons between the close source operating systems.

But it is not only Microsoft that produces WP. We HTC, LG e.t.c.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Elxandre(m): 12:10am On Jun 05, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Lol. I'm an IT professional and the least I could do was to try out a platform extensively before giving up on it. And trust me, I did and it wasn't worth the effort.
Note that some apps aren't available on 512 ram devices on WP.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Elxandre(m): 12:29am On Jun 05, 2015
I have to just switch to Android for now.
The app limitations can be biting at times.

Imagine Opera mini not working well on my phone sad
Aside the app selection, WP is somewhat better than Android (in some ways tho).
I'm 80% certain that WP will someday soon overthrow every OS out there.
Anyone with foresight will know that many Windows PC exclusive features will be domiciled on this platform soon, which will rout every opposition.

Another reason Nigerians prefer Android is data cheesy . We all know how they mess with their mediatek imeis. grin

I'll return when windows 10 launches!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by ugoezeik(m): 5:12am On Jun 05, 2015
Phrankin:
I will personally recommend a lumia 820 so that when you get frustrated with it after about 3 months, you can sell it to me for a giveaway price and I can sell it to the next sucker that has money.
wickedness of mennnn!!!!!! tmrw nw u go say na gej
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Ejisz: 5:23am On Jun 05, 2015
Hello Guys,Open this link and fill the form, you will be asked who referred you, just type (best) you will get instant 1000airtime to any network you use! Its no joke.
I just got mine......
http:///0TafyogOeC konga is giving away Airtime please hurry dont miss out....

.....re broadcast please...
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 05, 2015
Zacking:

IOS lag ke? Na where I hear that one? When that one start?

You don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen go online and read users complaints. The latest about it is a bug, an sms bug that crashes iphones .
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Carlcaresophia: 8:40am On Jun 05, 2015
udumosam23:
True, but I prefer android. Was using tecno f7, it developed earpiece problem, I dumped it for a new Nokia lumia 920, which I've used for the past four month.

I swear I won sell am repair my tecno. If I see person way offer me 30k, I go sell am, or better still swap am with good android.
Dear sir/madam, if your earpiece has problem, you can take it to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues to check the problem for you. If you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Greatfes17: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2015
Collinz2:
if u use htc one m8 u wont say trash...
Well, I don't own one but it may not prove any different. I have Also operated HTC one series but not m8 though. Can you brief me on some of the special features of m8?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Collinz2(m): 11:19am On Jun 05, 2015
Greatfes17:
Well, I don't own one but it may not prove any different. I have Also operated HTC one series but not m8 though. Can you brief me on some of the special features of m8?
am nt talking abt any special features bt the phone iz jst too good, typing with the phone iz so fast and the phone never lag on no circumstances.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
Collinz2:
am nt talking abt any special features bt the phone iz jst too good, typing with the phone iz so fast and the phone never lag on no circumstances.

It's not just the m8. It's the fluidity of sense ui. That's the only thing I like about time but sense ui is boring cos it lacks features .
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Collinz2(m): 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
ollah1:

It's not just the m8. It's the fluidity of sense ui. That's the only thing I like about time but sense ui is boring cos it lacks features .
if u need features try touchwiz
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
ollah1:

You don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen go online and read users complaints. The latest about it is a bug, an sms bug that crashes iphones .

I'll look into that. But it's new... I'm surprised
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Collinz2:
if u need features try touchwiz

Yh. Touchwiz here bro
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by iliyande(m): 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
The love of Android phone in me

Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by segunotiti(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
The word better is subjective, if you like give a billion reasons, I still prefer my android to window and ios
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Greatfes17: 9:43am On Jun 06, 2015
Collinz2:
Ok, thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by FRANKOXY(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
nothing beats my tecno y6 wink
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by khattab008: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
feran14:

its not your fault.. I believe windows phone is not for Nigerians cos alot of their brains cant take it.. so they stick to the simple android OS.. when I see a Nigerian who is able to fully use a windows phone, I would be impressed.

besides I believe windows phone is for the business class and not ordinary Nigerians

Lumia 535 all the way

Bro, does your Lumia 535 have any touchscreen problems?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by khattab008: 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
iwatch:
chop knuckle bro. SAME HERE...Lumia 535. I am thinking of changing to higher windows phone before the end of this year. wink

Does your Lumia 535 have touchscreen problems?
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by khattab008: 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Winna01:
True talk my brother, they dont know cause they have'nt used windows check out lumia 535 and you'll know

Do u experience touchscreen problems on ur Lumia 535
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
khattab008:

Bro, does your Lumia 535 have any touchscreen problems?
no
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by khattab008: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
feran14:

no

Ok, Thanks.
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
khattab008:

Ok, Thanks.

if ur on twitter Facebook or instagram, search for windowsphonefans. they help with stuff like that
Re: 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android by iwatch: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
khattab008:

Does your Lumia 535 have touchscreen problems?
yes but only the magnification is a problem now. The other has stopped. Update your os and it will stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.