Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC (688 Views)

PDP Youth Chased Out Sheriff: Hands Over Key To Markafi / Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor / Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by TheOtherview: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, hands himself in to EFCC

June 3, 2015

[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2013/09/570x357xAli-Sheriff.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yqWzUTLpGz.webp[/img]

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has detained a former Governor of Borno State, Modu Sheriff, over allegations of corruption.

Mr. Sheriff is said to have voluntarily handed himself in Wednesday afternoon.

The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed that Mr. Sheriff was currently being held by the commission.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the anti-graft agency had on April 23, moved to declare Mr. Sheriff wanted when he failed to honour its invitations for questioning.

The former governor, was who summoned by the commission to appear, damned the invitation and stayed away.

Although the specific allegations against the former governor are​ unclear at this time, sources said the investigation is related to allegations that parts of the N300billion his administration received from the Federation Account between 2003 and 2011 were not judiciously spent.

The investigation began in 2012 and had been ongoing ever since, a source said.

Mr. Sheriff governed Borno State on the platform of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party.

Before then, he was a senator between 1999 and 2003 on the ticket of the same party.

He was a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, before he defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184335-ex-borno-governor-modu-sheriff-hands-himself-in-to-efcc.html
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by INTROVERT(f): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Lovely grin

He should also begin handing over all those security votes fund he has stashed a way. angry

When is our oil madam handing herself in? Guesses?
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by jaybee3(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Good times
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
The right hand men of Jonathan are all running up and down cos they know their time is up. Now all can see that Jonathan is a very corrupt man.

Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
They should all be charged to court one by one. Omo no time abeg!
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by Mynd44: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
I guess he prefers this to a crate
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by lollystiver(m): 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
nice one bro#to me i think he change before change chess him grin grin grin
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by okotv(m): 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Good. let the probing begin. Click like if you agree
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by TheFreeOne: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
1st** Murtala Nyako

2nd** Ali-modu Sheriff

**Who will be the next person to walk-in, then walk-out Cos that seems to be the new style in naijas newly found change grin
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by seunmsg(m): 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
EFCC should investigate properly before charging him to court. The era of arresting people and creating a show out of it for the media while the case is eventually badly prosecuted will no longer be tolerated.
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Busted! grin
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by dunkem21(m): 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nice one ..They now know that a new sheriff is in town ..

..Where you can hand yourself in and check out the next day ..

..Remind me that guy's name that came back day b4 yesterday, handed himself in and strolled out like a king ..
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by gwales: 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
Very soon, very soon Jonathan ngozi and diezani would visit efcc. If u ask me when, I am not certain but I am sure it is inevitable

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And Osibanjo’s Assets To Be Made Public After…’ / Rivers Assembly Empowers Wike To Sack LGA Chairmen And State Electoral Comm / Buhari Has Done In 3 Weeks What Jonathan Couldn't Do In 6 Years - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.