Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC (662 Views)

PDP Youth Chased Out Sheriff: Hands Over Key To Markafi / Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor / Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by mohince(m): 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has
detained a former Governor of Borno State, Modu Sheriff,
over allegations of corruption.
Mr. Sheriff is said to have voluntarily handed himself in
Wednesday afternoon.
The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren,
confirmed that Mr. Sheriff was currently being held by the
commission.
PREMIUM TIMES reported how the anti-graft agency had on
April 23, moved to declare Mr. Sheriff wanted when he
failed to honour its invitations for questioning.
The former governor, was who summoned by the
commission to appear, damned the invitation and stayed
away.
Although the specific allegations against the former
governor are​ unclear at this time, sources said the
investigation is related to allegations that parts of the
N300billion his administration received from the Federation
Account between 2003 and 2011 were not judiciously spent.
The investigation began in 2012 and had been ongoing ever
since, a source said.
Mr. Sheriff governed Borno State on the platform of the
defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party.
Before then, he was a senator between 1999 and 2003 on
the ticket of the same party.
He was a founding member of the ruling All Progressives
Congress, APC, before he defected to the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184335-ex-borno-governor-modu-sheriff-hands-himself-in-to-efcc.html
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by gwales: 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
Very soon, very soon Jonathan ngozi and diezani would visit efcc. If u ask me when, I am not certain but I am sure it is inevitable
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by vedd: 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
Good. Let him account for his actions now that Jonathan is no longer there to shield him from prosecution.
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by henchamb(m): 8:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
These ones na crayfish thieves. We want invitation to be extended to aunty petroleum and madam Chinese cheek ngozi
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by Elslim: 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
wind of change
Re: Ex- Borno Governor, Modu Sheriff, Hands Himself In To EFCC by shamsuRana(m): 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
Each by Each...them go bring themselves.

(1) (Reply)

"I Am Not A Journalist, I Don’t Aspire To Become A Journalist". Omoyele Sowore / NASS Crisis: Everything You Need To Know / Military Alone Can't End Insurgency- Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.