Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked (7116 Views)

Southwest APC Insists On True Federalism / True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2015
Prominent Yoruba leaders at a Pan-Yoruba Summit yesterday in Ibadan, Oyo State, re-echoed the call for a true federal structure, where all regions in the country will develop at their own pace.
They also listed criteria for the leader that would get the vote of Yoruba people during the forthcoming general elections and distanced themselves from endorsement of any candidate.
Leading the agitators for a true federalism where every the region would be controlling its own economy and resources were frontline Yoruba leaders from Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and Lagos states and their kith and kin from Kwara, Kogi, Delta and Edo and those from other geo-political zones in the country.
Convener of the summit held at the Parliament Building, General Alani Akinrinade (rtd), said the current challenges facing the Yoruba in the areas of infrastructure decay, bad governance, violence, loss of cultural values and inequality as a result of unfavorable policies and marginalisation of people of the region was the fallout of the current system of government.

Speaking on the theme, “Yoruba People: Our Aspirations and Minimum Demands from the Central Government of Nigeria”, Akinrinade maintained that the current challenges facing the Yoruba would continue if their demands were not met.
He said: “Sadly, our region is now more vulnerable to drought, pollution, spread of evasive species, receding and shifting coastal lines, deforestation and de-vegetation, biological diversity depletion, erosion, land sources degradation and urban decay.
“Our space lacks environmental governance and we appear to be getting to a stage where we may no longer have a sustainable environment to fall back on or call our own, this trend will continue unless every federating unit is opportune to achieve its highest potentials within the Nigerian nation without hindrance.”
Akinrinade, who argued that the South-West zone had what it takes to compete with countries like South Africa, Canada, Ghana and the United Kingdom, noted with dismay that the region was still lagging behind in a number of ways.
“South-West Region has vast endowments and potential to rival some standalone countries like South- Africa, Canada, Ghana and even the United Kingdom.
“We have over 40 million people, approximately twice the population of Ghana and close to that of South Africa. “As a people, we can boast of large markets in Nigeria and we are home to possibly the highest numbers of middle class in the country. Despite these, the region still lags behind on quite a numbers of developmental indices.
“The vast agricultural and industrial potential of the region remains untapped and most of states in the region still rely largely on funds from the centre to balance their budget,” he said. Akinrinade then declared that power should be decentralised to allow all regions to function effectively, saying “the Yoruba people are rightly concerned about their nation within a Nigerian construct.
The Vice Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, said the Yoruba have been setting the pace for other regions since pre-independence days, noting that his party is not jittery over the coming elections. He solicited for the cooperation of the people to support his party, saying the APC would bring the desired change in the country.
Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State said the setback Yoruba have been experiencing since 1999 should be thoroughly tackled without delay, stating that it was unfortunate that members of a faction of the Odua Peoples Congress, OPC, have openly endorsed a candidate, while bearing arms and ammunitions.
He also noted that the purported endorsement of the candidate as the general elections draw nearer was unfortunate, warning the people of the zone to vote wisely. Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State said the region as a people must continue to work for their unity and continue to be a leading light in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
He argued that Yoruba as a leading light of Africa must not be involved in factors that may undermine the race such as corruption and purported endorsement of candidates just as he opposed any move to introduce Interim Government as being insinuated since the elections were shifted some weeks ago.
He noted that the N155bn lost monthly has indicated that Nigeria needs to be restructured and ensure that states developed on their own.
He observed that the use of card readers during elections is non-negotiable since all have accepted to be using Automated Teller Machines, ATM, instead of queuing at banks. The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, said it was untrue for anyone to say that Yoruba are not in support of the recently concluded national conference.
The demand for true federalism is a contrast to the stand of some Yoruba leaders following the dictates of Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State who is also the South West campaign coordinator for President Goodluck Jonathan. Their rejection of Governor Mimiko has led to their abscence of key Yoruba leaders from activities to support Jonathan’s campaign in the South West.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/yoruba-leaders-in-ibadan-insist-on-true-federalism/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/yorubas-insist-true-federalism/
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
Though the post is two months old but I hope this clears up the wrong impression some Biafras and SS have about yoruba people. So my message to you SS/Biafras is, Yorubas are quite happy to stand on their own feets hence their demand for federalism.
It is really annoying seeing the same lame escuse all the time.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Brytawon(m): 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
Am I suppose to read all that cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
Brytawon:
Am I suppose to read all that cool
Yes you are indeed.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by dckelvin(m): 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
TELL THOSE FOOLS TO REMAIN IN THEIR ONE NIGERIA WITH THEIR MASTERS(HAUSA/FULANI) AND PRACTISE THEIR FEDERATION.
WE BIAFRANS WANT OUT.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Brytawon(m): 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:
Yes you are indeed.
Please do you have the summary?
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
dckelvin:
TELL THOSE FOOLS TO REMAIN IN THEIR ONE NIGERIA WITH THEIR MASTERS(HAUSA/FULANI) AND PRACTISE THEIR FEDERATION.
WE BIAFRANS WANT OUT.
Yes biafrans wants out but the people of south east don't duhh.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by dckelvin(m): 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:
AM GLAD YOU SAID SOUTH EAST AND NOT IGBO. A NIGERIA POLITICAL CREATION

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
dckelvin:

AM GLAD YOU SAID SOUTH EAST AND NOT IGBO.
A NIGERIA POLITICAL CREATION
Most IGBOs all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by dckelvin(m): 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:
LOOK MISS YORUBA-IGBO GIRL. IF YOU LIKE BRING UP DIFFERENT TACTICS AND STORIES. BUT LET ME TELL YOU. THERE IS NOTHING AND NOBODY. I REPEAT. NOTHING AND NOBODY CAN CHANGE OUR MIND.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by dckelvin(m): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:
Most IGBOs all over the world.
HAHAHA.IGBOS ALL OVER THE WORLD?
WERE YOU HERE ON NAIRALAND IN THE AFTERNOON OF 30TH MAY LAST SARTUDAY?
I DOUBT SO.
BECAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT IT IS THE IGBOS ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT UNITED TO SPONSOR THE MOVEMENT.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
dckelvin:

LOOK MISS YORUBA-IGBO GIRL.
IF YOU LIKE BRING UP DIFFERENT TACTICS AND STORIES.
BUT LET ME TELL YOU.
THERE IS NOTHING AND NOBODY.
I REPEAT. NOTHING AND NOBODY CAN CHANGE OUR MIND.
I am not here to change your mind as you will eventually end up being frustrated. Let me give a stat to down your sorrows.
http://www.noi-polls.com/root/index.php?pid=94&parentid=12&ptid=1 Majority of IGBOs want to stay in Naija.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by dckelvin(m): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:

I am not here to change your mind as you will eventually end up being frustrated. Let me give a stat to down your sorrows.
http://www.noi-polls.com/root/index.php?pid=94&parentid=12&ptid=1 Majority of IGBOs want to stay in Naija.
WHEN REFERENDUM ARRIVE OR WHEN THE WAR OF INDEPENEENCE STARTS. WE SHALL KNOW.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by ozoebuka1(m): 11:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
naija so like biafrans... they so like them that they don't even want to hear. about letting them go.or even thinking about it... hmmm ... Yoruba in particular.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:
Though the post is two months old but I hope this clears up the wrong impression some Biafras and SS have about yoruba people. So my message to you SS/Biafras is, Yorubas are quite happy to stand on their own feets hence their demand for federalism.

With ur speech, I wander why Yoruba n Hausa collectively refused the igbos leaving with their Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 12:00am On Jun 04, 2015
chuna1985:

With ur speech, I wander why Yoruba n Hausa collectively refused the igbos leaving with their Biafra
Probably because
1 Majority are not into biafra brainwashing propanganda of which is even more evident by the IGBO leader's call for federalism, inorder to move Nigeria forward. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ndi-igbo-congratulate-buhari-demand-true-federalism/
2 The average biafra(Nigeria Rednecks) is an incompetent, barely educated, mildy intelligent, overly emotional man and woman with little or no strategic plans or critical thought. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to listen to those noisy minorities.
Please don't tell me you also listen to biafra radio because my opinion of you will be lowered very quickly.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Probably because
1 Majority are not into biafra brainwashing propanganda of which is even more evident by the IGBO leader's call for federalism to move Nigeria forward. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ndi-igbo-congratulate-buhari-demand-true-federalism/
2 The average biafran is an incompetent, bare educated, mildy intelligent man and woman with little or no strategic plans. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to listen to those noisy minorities.
Please don't tell me you also listen to biafra radio because my opinion of you will be lowered very quickly.

Ur opinion about me means absolutely nothing to me.

And ur new hate speeches shows one thing, u don't want to lose the oil in the south. lazy Yoruba people. parasite...

One more thing, igbos are the most populated tribe in Nigeria.

Wen d time is right, e go happen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by wadetaw202: 2:21am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Hmmmm. U is beauriful! And them lips; hmmm...they gat me finking.....deeply!
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by wadetaw202: 2:24am On Jun 04, 2015
chuna1985:

And ur new hate speeches shows one thing, u don't want to lose the oil in the south. lazy Yoruba people. parasite...

I guess you didn't read that post. If you did, you wouldn't have made that utterance. And Igbo's too want to incorporate SS just because of oil and nothing more.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Probably because
1 Majority are not into biafra brainwashing propanganda of which is even more evident by the IGBO leader's call for federalism to move Nigeria forward. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ndi-igbo-congratulate-buhari-demand-true-federalism/
2 The average biafran is an incompetent, bare educated, mildy intelligent man and woman with little or no strategic plans. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to listen to those noisy minorities.
you are a hopeless human being ever. ....

up biafra

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 3:13am On Jun 04, 2015
ozoebuka1:
naija so like biafrans... they so like them that they don't even want to hear. about letting them go.or even thinking about it... hmmm ... Yoruba in particular.
check all sorts of names they call igbos during elections and campaigns. ....
even they so called useless oba akiolu. ....

up biafea

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by sweetgala(m): 3:28am On Jun 04, 2015
Why people are putting effort into trying to convince a few selfish Igbo to jettison the Biafra agenda angers me , I personally want them to go and if the SS want to join then they are welcome to do so.

Nigeria would survive and be stronger for it, I despise a sorry looser who has been given a chance made waste of it and throws a tantrum when the right to power has been justly revoked.

The Biafra effort has been energised because an Hausa man won the general elections and a Yoruba Man his vice, when Jonathan Azikiwe was president the Biafra project was on hold, now the oil drunk SS want to join in their marriage of stupidity.

Goodbye and good luck , I'll happily vote to let Biafra go in a referendum, I'll be glad to watch them suffer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 3:32am On Jun 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is an example of a typical baifra man. Bereft of critical thought, makes up stats numbers out of thin air, throws tantrums any time his/her views is being challenged, calls every one with opposing views a lazy Yoruba.
Guys, you need to fight for the right cause. You guys are still my people.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by sweetgala(m): 3:33am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is an example of a typical IGBO man. Bereft of critical thought, makes up stats numbers out of thin air, throws tantrums any time his/her views is being challenged, calls every one with opposing views a lazy Yoruba.
Guys, you need to fight for the right cause. You guys are still my people.

Abeg stop begging them , I know they'll be back on all four one day.

They'll be at war sooner than you can expect , they are not centralised and the only people who want Biafra are the folks who did not suffer the bitterness of the civil war.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 3:36am On Jun 04, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
you are a hopeless human being ever. ....

up biafra
Don't worry God has put someone like us to guide you guys, so as not to stumble. No biafra for you ģuys until you start making sense.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by QuotaSystem: 4:22am On Jun 04, 2015
sweetgala:
Why people are putting effort into trying to convince a few selfish Igbo to jettison the Biafra agenda angers me , I personally want them to go and if the SS want to join then they are welcome to do so.

Nigeria would survive and be stronger for it, I despise a sorry looser who has been given a chance made waste of it and throws a tantrum when the right to power has been justly revoked.

The Biafra effort has been energised because an Hausa man won the general elections and a Yoruba Man his vice, when Jonathan Azikiwe was president the Biafra project was on hold, now the oil drunk SS want to join in their marriage of stupidity.

Goodbye and good luck , I'll happily vote to let Biafra go in a referendum, I'll be glad to watch them suffer

Words on marble, nailed it.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Jack7777: 5:09am On Jun 04, 2015
Op, you're wise to be scared. . .Yoruba people has every reason to be scared. . . Mostly Yoruba Christians and pagans. . . Because once Nigeria is divided. Another bokoharam will be born in the southwest.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 04, 2015
Jack7777:
Op, you're wise to be scared. . .Yoruba people has every reason to be scared. . . Mostly Yoruba Christians and pagans. . . Because once Nigeria is divided. Another bokoharam will be born in the southwest.
Yoruba don't do that. Ever. Mark my words, in the next hundred years, no matter what happens, you will never see a Yoruba terrorist group.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 04, 2015
Jeez. If we split, and the igbos take the oil, we will be forced to rely on agriculture. At first it will be hard, but eventually, we will stabilize. They on the other hand, will still continue to embezzle oil money just like before. At the end of the day, we probably are going to be well better than they are.

One can tell they are related to Jews. Screaming about a promised land. As if that will solve their problems. angry
They should probably go . . . I pity my friend though.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by nonaira: 6:08am On Jun 04, 2015
If "true federalism" means we still have to share a nation with Yoruba then f2k that, waste of time, energy and space. Full division, nothing else. You go una way, I go my way. Let's go back to the way our ancestors associated with each other before oyibo came and f2ked it up....not knowing or even interacting with eachother

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Kingspin(m): 6:18am On Jun 04, 2015
Yorubas dont have a stand when it come to true federalism. They claim to it but when it time to fellow it up for implementation they decamp from it. Why am i saying this if the Swest, Seast and Ssouth join forces togather the North will be force to bow. I trust my people from Ssouth and Seast, whether na National Confab report, subsidy removal, or true federalism or confederation they will welcome it as long as fair, neutral, justice and equate is present. We want a working Nigeria not a freebie nation. Let the governors start paying themselves then laziness and under-state development wil be replace by hardwork. Nigeria must unite.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Kingspin(m): 6:20am On Jun 04, 2015
Yorubas dont have a stand when it come to true federalism..

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was The Jan 15, 1966 Coup An Igbo Coup? A Detribilized, Historical Perspective / Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party / Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.