Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (111728 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
eriam:
I had an issue with my Toyota scion engine and after checking car talk, I contacted Gazuzz. Well, I was skeptical because I know how there are fraudsters online. In a nutshell, I took the car to him for diagnosis after which he suggested I buy another engine. He actually bought the engine and installed it. I would say he bought a superb engine which has been performing excellently.

Thanks eriam.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Toks O2 sensor supplied.

First pic Toks sensor.

Next old sensor.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Emperoh(m): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bros, quick one,

What is the 'inner cup' (on a front wheel shaft) called?
Is that the CV joint?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Emperoh:
Bros, quick one,

What is the 'inner cup' (on a front wheel shaft) called?
Is that the CV joint?

CV joints (constant velocity joints) have inner and outer sides.

Inner cup is inner side.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Back to Mazda3.

All rear suspension parts installed,

O2 sensor installed.

Codes cleared.

Drive tested, drives really smooth.

Correcting the direct fan connections and installing thermostat in the morning.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17am On Jun 18, 2015
wrapping up the mazda3

New "Toks"cooling fan bought, old fan wiring was butchered and a relay fitted in its place.

Now the fan works like factory and only spins when temp gets to between 96-100deg.

Last thing to check will be the fuel guage and head lamps.

Below are pics of the cooling fan.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
Toyota sequoia 2001.

Problems with vehicle.

ABS
VSC OFF
VSC TRAC
MIL ON

Scan codes reveal

POWER TRAIN

Multiple random misfire on all cylinders.

B1S1 and B2S2 heater circuit

Catalytic converter below threshold.

ABS

Left front wheel sensor circuit

VSC and TRAC will require re-calibration.

Noises from rear of vehicle which are caused by a broken exhaust support.

Leaking hose on transmission.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Experience4u(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Toks O2 sensor supplied.

First pic Toks sensor.

Next old sensor.
please Gazzuz how do you know if the Toks sensor is working is good while buying and how much does it cost to get one. Another is where can I get one for my Rav4 2004 bank 1 sensor 2 since am in the East. Thanks as I await your reply.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
Experience4u:
please Gazzuz how do you know if the Toks sensor is working is good while buying and how much does it cost to get one. Another is where can I get one for my Rav4 2004 bank 1 sensor 2 since am in the East. Thanks as I await your reply.

No sure way until you hook it up to a diagnostic equipment and run live scan.

But you can check the heater sensor by using your multimeter to test resistance on the heater line. The heater line is usually 2 wires with same colour. You should expect low resistance of about 8ohms.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Experience4u(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

No sure way until you hook it up to a diagnostic equipment and run live scan.

But you can check the heater sensor by using your multimeter to test resistance on the heater line. The heater line is usually 2 wires with same colour. You should expect low resistance of about 8ohms.
thanks for your speedy response. Pls can I have your number so as to call you. Thanks
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Emperoh(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
Experience4u:
thanks for your speedy response. Pls can I have your number so as to call you. Thanks

See his signature
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
Experience4u:
Here you go:: 08033910382.. Copied from my whatsapp contact cool
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
Experience4u:

08033910382, 08023251039

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Been having issues with my phone camera so up loading pics have been impossible, but will fix the issues tomorrow.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Been having issues with my phone camera so up loading pics have been impossible, but will fix the issues tomorrow.
Abeg do o cus i do enter here to learn one or two things... Sorry for issues!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
Stancity:
Abeg do o cus i do enter here to learn one or two things... Sorry for issues!

Continues

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
This is mostly a summary of work don on the 2001 V8 sequoia

ABS, check engine, VSC and traction were lit up.

These were caused by the following.

ABS. Abs sensor front left. It was replaced.

Check engine. Misfire caused by faulty coil packs and dirty injectors, (pics below), coils were changed, injectors were replaced

Transmission temperature sensor. This sensor is located in the beginning of the pipe for transmission oil cooler. (pic below)

O2 sensor bank1 sensor1, O2 sensor Bank2sensor2.

Both sensors had open circuits in heater section, and we're replaced.

There was a new problem once the o2 sensors were working properly again, catalyst efficiency below threshold on bank2 came up, now the owner and I never envisaged such and issue and time and money was not on our side so I spaced the downstream O2 sensor, drove 60km and code dint come back.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Abs pump had been changed previously and calibration was not done, also steering angle sensor was not functioning.

Fluid drain and re-fill was done using TYPEIV,

Rear stabilizer links were replaced also.

Work complete, warning lights gone.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Up next, toyota camry 2008, transmission failure.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
Happy weekend sir..
You need a rest tomorrow o.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Stancity:
Happy weekend sir..

You need a rest tomorrow o.

Wish I could rest sad
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by abuhubaidah: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2015
As an apprentice I Always learn one or two things from you may God bless you.. Please you need rest ooo, body no b firewood ooo
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:33am On Jun 21, 2015
abuhubaidah:
As an apprentice I Always learn one or two things from you may God bless you.. Please you need rest ooo, body no b firewood ooo

Thanks boss smiley
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Kashif(m): 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Up next, toyota camry 2008, transmission failure.

What's with it? I might be interested in picking it up if replaced.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
Kashif:

What's with it? I might be interested in picking it up if replaced.

Not a replacement job, a repair job, no codes on transmission, but total loss of power after 20-30mins of running engine.

Will be cleaning valvebody, filters and passages.

Also a leaking torque converter seal.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Kashif(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Not a replacement job, a repair job, no codes on transmission, but total loss of power after 20-30mins of running engine.

Will be cleaning valvebody, filters and passages.

Also a leaking torque converter seal.

You mean total loss of drive? Does it happen after 20 - 30 mins of idle or driving? From cold start or at any time? For sure, its not the valve body, as it would not wait to act up if it is faulty. Problem with clogged filter is more pronounced at higher RPMs.

V6 or I4?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Kashif:

You mean total loss of drive? Does it happen after 20 - 30 mins of idle or driving? From cold start or at any time? For sure, its not the valve body, as it would not wait to act up if it is faulty. Problem with clogged filter is more pronounced at higher RPMs.

V6 or I4?

Driving, from cold start. Filter had allegedly been changed. Problem started after drive shafts were replaced, im guessing. The shaft ends had dirt on them, and the dirt traveled into the transmission and clogged up parts. Of the valvebody. But I'm open to suggestions (you are the transmission expert wink)

I4 2A-Z
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by ExpressBooking(m): 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Gazzuz please I need your help with these codes on my 2000 Toyota Avalon XL 3.0 V6 1MZ-FE engine. The vehicle sounds like it has an exhaust leakage under the engine and the engine accelerates itself. on idling it gets up to 1500rpm when gear is disengaged and AC is off. when you engage gear the vehicle accelerates itself faster than normal.
1. P1354 Variable valve timing
2. P0300 Random cylinder misfire detected
3. P0302 Cylinder 2 misfire detected
4. P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire detected
5. P0306 Cylinder 6 misfire detected

I used my innova 3130c diagnostic tool with fix assist to get these result.
The fix assistance is suggesting is check
1. Faulty A/F sensor or loose wiring
2. Faulty fuel injection or loose wiring
3. Faulty O-rings
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
ExpressBooking:
Gazzuz please I need your help with these codes on my 2000 Toyota Avalon XL 3.0 V6 1MZ-FE engine. The vehicle sounds like it has an exhaust leakage under the engine and the engine accelerates itself. on idling it gets up to 1500rpm when gear is disengaged and AC is off. when you engage gear the vehicle accelerates itself faster than normal.
1. P1354 Variable valve timing
2. P0300 Random cylinder misfire detected
3. P0302 Cylinder 2 misfire detected
4. P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire detected
5. P0306 Cylinder 6 misfire detected
I used my innova 3130c diagnostic tool with fix assist to get these result.
The fix assistance is suggesting is check
1. Faulty A/F sensor or loose wiring
2. Faulty fuel injection or loose wiring
3. Faulty O-rings

Will respond here https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/15#35005443

Updated
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
Warming up!

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Kashif(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Driving, from cold start. Filter had allegedly been changed. Problem started after drive shafts were replaced, im guessing. The shaft ends had dirt on them, and the dirt traveled into the transmission and clogged up parts. Of the valvebody. But I'm open to suggestions (you are the transmission expert wink)

I4 2A-Z

Transmission expert indeed! grin

If the valve body is clogged like you suspect, the symptoms will show up as soon as you engage the gear, warm or cold - it does not discriminate. Since the car drives well until it gets warm, rule out the filter too. Like I said earlier, symptoms of clogged filter shows at higher engine RPMs because the filter is not able to keep pace with the pump. If there is a problem with the valve body, it is excessive regulator valve or bore wear, rather than a blockage. This has been documented to cause overheat in this transmission (U760).

When this happens, disconnect the TCM harness and see if the car drives in any gear range.

Is there aeration of the atf? (sign of overfill).

Ensure the vent is clear, as it is a major cause of leakages, and will cause pressure buildup and overheating. Can you take a reading of the atf when this happens?

Check pressure values at gear ranges (I could give you the specs if you need them). You may have a leakage, caused by a weak oil seal, which softens too much with temperature rise.

Lack of TDC is not making it easy.... embarassed
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02am On Jun 22, 2015
Kashif:

Transmission expert indeed! grin

If the valve body is clogged like you suspect, the symptoms will show up as soon as you engage the gear, warm or cold - it does not discriminate. Since the car drives well until it gets warm, rule out the filter too. Like I said earlier, symptoms of clogged filter shows at higher engine RPMs because the filter is not able to keep pace with the pump. If there is a problem with the valve body, it is excessive regulator valve or bore wear, rather than a blockage. This has been documented to cause overheat in this transmission (U760).

When this happens, disconnect the TCM harness and see if the car drives in any gear range.

Is there aeration of the atf? (sign of overfill).

Ensure the vent is clear, as it is a major cause of leakages, and will cause pressure buildup and overheating. Can you take a reading of the atf when this happens?

Check pressure values at gear ranges (I could give you the specs if you need them). You may have a leakage, caused by a weak oil seal, which softens too much with temperature rise.

Lack of TDC is not making it easy.... embarassed

Torque converter seal is leaking, and is billed for a change, this might explain the loss in pressure. Will check the unit for dirt and change the seals and run a test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.