Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (111771 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2015
Inspection of rear suspension reveals that the previous mechanic was a lover of tyres grin, there are tyres in everything!! From under the rear coil springs, to inside the bushings.

So we are going to correct all that.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
All evil parts removed, off to fix and replace relevant parts.

The thermostat switch on the left lowerside of the radiator will be replaced, thermostat is missing and will be replaced.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by CMGO(f): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Quick oil change and engine wash for my first lagos customer grin

But the engine dirty well well o! shocked

Rav4 2003. Cmgo I'm sure u no go mind engine wash.

cheesy
GAZZUZZ:
Quick oil change and engine wash for my first lagos customer grin

But the engine dirty well well o! shocked

Rav4 2003. Cmgo I'm sure u no go mind engine wash.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by niger2020(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hi. Pls i'll like to confirm if u have panel beaters, mechanics and auto electrician in-house. I'll like to bring a car to u..i trust u to do a good job
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
niger2020:
Hi. Pls i'll like to confirm if u have panel beaters, mechanics and auto electrician in-house. I'll like to bring a car to u..i trust u to do a good job

Seems you jumped to page6 angry

2 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 8:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Lolz, maybe oo... The question gave me same thought.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
Back to the camry, new thermostat installed new radiator switch installed.

Front stabilizer links installed,

A drive test still revealed a slight noise from the front right wheel, so right suspension parts were disassembled and ball joint and inner tie rod ends were found to be the culprits. Worn out terribly and had been knocked in previously by a mechanic angry

In the morning the ball joints and inner Tierod end will be replaced, car will be aligned and job that should solve the problem.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by niger2020(m): 4:20am On Jun 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

That ain't so cool.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
Camry 2001 continuation.

Ball joints replaced, tie rod ends replaced still hear a slight noise but not suspension related, really confused now. sad

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
On a happy note, the Acura RL 2004 is r eady and good to go!!

Engine ECM/TCM was replaced and same faults showed up, harness was retraced and fault found cheesy.

I really have a crush on this car wink

No more dtc codes, washed and ready to go!

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
Avensis 2000, rear shocks installed, front shocks installed, tie rod ends, ball joints, rear swaybar links.

Power steering pump supplied was for 5s (camry) so will be returned, waiting for a replacement.

Oil change also done.

Work will be completed today. More updates as work progresses.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Emperoh(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
On a happy note, the Acura RL 2004 is r eady and good to go!!

Engine ECM/TCM was replaced and same faults showed up, harness was retraced and fault found cheesy.

I really have a crush on this car wink

No more dtc codes, washed and ready to go!

You might want to elaborate more on the work on this Acura.
I need to learn more about their TCM and ECUs. What the problem was and how you pinpointed it.
I know it will take time, But you could do this over the wknd
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by makavele: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
abeg one quick question for my ogas . .

i don dey experience this tin for some days now . .. whenever i make a wide turn, for example . . .
from driving lane , then turn full left or full right back into the other lane . .
you know as you complete the turn and start moving straight, the steering wheel is supposed to straighten out itself . .
but mine refuses oh . . it will just hook , and d car continues to turn, until i straight it out by myself with my hand . .
secondly, while am completing the turn . . the front tires of the car would be bouncing . . someting like dat and making a kind of vibration noise
once i have turned completely and driving straight, the vibrational noise will stop

i dont think it's d shaft, cos a bad shaft will make a kind of "kra kra kra" loud noise during turns. .

so i am confused.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Emperoh:

You might want to elaborate more on the work on this Acura.
I need to learn more about their TCM and ECUs. What the problem was and how you pinpointed it.
I know it will take time, But you could do this over the wknd

Just closed from work and I have a lot of time on my hands.

Sensor ground (negative connection for most engine sensors) was shorted to solenoid A and B. Each time I tested manually using batt connections, I disconnected ECM/TCM (to avoid story's that touch the heart,) that also meant that sensor ground was disconnected and I would here the solenoids click when tested. But in reality the TCM was unable to pass a signal along cause of the short. All I had to do was eliminate the short and all became well.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by chukel(m): 5:31am On Jul 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Camry 2001 continuation.

Ball joints replaced, tie rod ends replaced still hear a slight noise but not suspension related, really confused now. sad

stabilizer bar bushings?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12am On Jul 01, 2015
makavele:
abeg one quick question for my ogas . .

i don dey experience this tin for some days now . .. whenever i make a wide turn, for example . . .
from driving lane , then turn full left or full right back into the other lane . .
you know as you complete the turn and start moving straight, the steering wheel is supposed to straighten out itself . .
but mine refuses oh . . it will just hook , and d car continues to turn, until i straight it out by myself with my hand . .
secondly, while am completing the turn . . the front tires of the car would be bouncing . . someting like dat and making a kind of vibration noise
once i have turned completely and driving straight, the vibrational noise will stop

i dont think it's d shaft, cos a bad shaft will make a kind of "kra kra kra" loud noise during turns. .

so i am confused.

Check for presence of swaybar links, check if shocks are leaking.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Jul 01, 2015
chukel:
stabilizer bar bushings?

I checked o! No clearance, but will change them this morning.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by makavele: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Check for presence of swaybar links, check if shocks are leaking.

sway-bar links (intact, infact even recently changed to new ones)

front shocks . . cant see any visible leak . .

rear shocks . . dead !!!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
makavele:

sway-bar links (intact, infact even recently changed to new ones)

front shocks . . cant see any visible leak . .

rear shocks . . dead !!!

Apply grease in steering rack. Meanwhile I hope your front shock absorbers were re-assembled properly if they were previously worked on? Its not unheard of.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Camry 2001 continuation.

Found it!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It was the stupid bonnet!! angry angry angry

Someone must have toyed with the rubber adjusters, adjusted and car is ok.

Job complete.

Cc chukel grin

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Update on avensis 2000, sorry didn't have time to take a lot of pics, but powersteering pump installed, drive shafts, suspension.

Noise from alternator will require a bearing replacement, noise from timing belt area is caused by the timing belt slapping the covers, a new timning belt should be replaced and bearing for alternator. (Alternator replacement would be easier)

Engine washed, job order complete.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by chukel(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Found it!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It was the stupid bonnet!! angry angry angry

Someone must have toyed with the rubber adjusters, adjusted and car is ok.

Job complete.
Cc chukel grin
chai agbara moto. Good. I love that. Wish u can give that midas touch on my avalon. Beginning to hear small small noise I suspect to be suspension. Front noise started after alignment. Can brake assembly cause a clunking sound?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
chukel:
chai agbara moto. Good. I love that. Wish u can give that midas touch on my avalon. Beginning to hear small small noise I suspect to be suspension. Front noise started after alignment. Can brake assembly cause a clunking sound?

Yes o! Also check the pic below, tie rod end inner side.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by chukel(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Yes o! Also check the pic below, tie rod end inner side.
replaced not up to 6 months ago. Ordered and replaced with deeza inner and outer tie rods plus ball joints with stabilizer links and bushings. Steering shaft/rack is shaking though. One of those problems from factory.i have the TSB from toyota but haven't gathered liver to do the job. Simple greasing job. The thing tire me. Clunking is from the back, mild though. But started after changing pad. Today I noticed a pin or clip on the caliper assembly has given a deep mark on the disc. My preventive maintenance is causing wahala for me.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by leonn(m): 1:09am On Jul 02, 2015
wow gazzuz you are such an inspiration i love what you do......please are you in lagos although i intend calling later today sir.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:48am On Jul 02, 2015
chukel:
replaced not up to 6 months ago. Ordered and replaced with deeza inner and outer tie rods plus ball joints with stabilizer links and bushings. Steering shaft/rack is shaking though. One of those problems from factory.i have the TSB from toyota but haven't gathered liver to do the job. Simple greasing job. The thing tire me. Clunking is from the back, mild though. But started after changing pad. Today I noticed a pin or clip on the caliper assembly has given a deep mark on the disc. My preventive maintenance is causing wahala for me.

THE mark is caused by improper installation.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2015
leonn:
wow gazzuz you are such an inspiration i love what you do......please are you in lagos although i intend calling later today sir.

Live in lagos!

Run this thru ur map or just google it.

6.64270 3.33477

Longitude and latitude, straight to my workshop grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by mikkyphp(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Live in lagos!

Run this thru ur map or just google it.

6.64270 3.33477

Longitude and latitude, straight to my workshop grin

bros @gazzuzz abeg add this map to your signature.
i installed my spacers 7days ago, and no more P0420 and CEL off in my 09 CRV. I am collecting my FL ABS sensor from my courier later today. If installed, will it also clear my VSA and VSA actuator light? trying to kill off all lights since it aint xmas yet grin
regards

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Emperoh(m): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Anyone installed spacers in Abuja before?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
mikkyphp:

bros @gazzuzz abeg add this map to your signature.
i installed my spacers 7days ago, and no more P0420 and CEL off in my 09 CRV. I am collecting my FL ABS sensor from my courier later today. If installed, will it also clear my VSA and VSA actuator light? trying to kill off all lights since it aint xmas yet grin
regards

Don't work blind, scan first.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by mikkyphp(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Don't work blind, scan first.
baba Gazzuzz, i "scanned" before i knew it was the FL ABS sensor that needed replacement. pulled the honda ABS code 13. only asking if its replacement will affect d VSA as i read somewhere that once you have the ABS light on, then the VSA is likely to stay on too. i dont have a scan tool capable of reading the vSA module
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2015
Update on the xterra.

We stopped at suspension work, and that is complete.

We are now in engine bay area, and what we have to fix are coolant temp sensor,o2 sensor, replace spark plugs, replace leaking power steering pump, refil gas in a/c, replace knock sensor.

Starting with the easy parts.

Coolant temp switch.

Removing intake to access sparkplugs

Unfortunately there is a leak on both sides of the rocker covers (engine covers) and the gaskets will be replaced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.