Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (111769 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
Back to the Nissan xterra

Wheel up and car in drive, looking for wobbling tyres.

front right wheel failed test, checked and found wheel bearing is bad, checked the left too and it also has a little clearance.

So front wheel hubs will be changed as a complete unit.

Also checked the rear and found that when the vehicle brakes were pressed there's a rogue wheel on the rear left grin I'm sure the pipes been blocked for some reason sad

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Front upper arm bushings on the right are bad and have a lot of clearance.

Brake rotors "barke disks" are wrapped "rough and uneven"

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Front bearing is fine and just needs some adjustment.

Wheel is now firm.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Good work bro...

More Blessings!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by aieromon(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
......following with rapt attention
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Quick oil change and engine wash for my first lagos customer grin

But the engine dirty well well o! shocked

Rav4 2003. Cmgo I'm sure u no go mind engine wash.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Update on xterra

Front suspension problems

Front rotors "brake disks"
Upper arm bushings and joint.
Right side tie rod end.
Sway bar bushings
That's all.

All other parts are still intact and will go for a very long time (a year or more)

A lot of new parts will be kept in the store grin

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Piyke: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Gazzuzz my Oga I salute. Keep up the good work! Really feel like coming to get my hands dirty some time...
I fit apply for those your apprenticeship
cheesy
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Piyke:
Gazzuzz my Oga I salute. Keep up the good work! Really feel like coming to get my hands dirty some time...
cheesy
bro how many mileage on your ride now?

smiley
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Piyke:
cheesy

For you application is not necessary! grin

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Piyke: 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Stancity:
bro how many mileage on your ride now?

smiley

203,000+ miles smiley
God is good!
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by LeJeun3: 8:54am On Jun 27, 2015

Please can I get directions to your workshop, want to come pay you a visit.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by StarboyMichael(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
lomomike:

There's no such group in whatsapp.
There is indeed one, I can give your contact to the admin if you want me want me to. Which is your whatsapp number? Can you recommend a place for me in Abuja for state of art check up on my ride
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Piyke:

203,000+ miles smiley God is good!
Am aware when u clocked 200k..

How come You added only 3k since then,, it seems the car was packed.. wink
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Stancity(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
LeJeun3:

Please can I get directions to your workshop, want to come pay you a visit.

Visit as per sey u be west Germany president or what undecided
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
StarboyMichael:
There is indeed one, I can give your contact to the admin if you want me want me to. Which is your whatsapp number? Can you recommend a place for me in Abuja for state of art check up on my ride
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Nissan xterra update.

Brake disk resurfaced, upper right arm replaced, front swaybar bushings replaced, every thing resembled in reverse order.

Front suspension work complete, of to rear suspension, then engine then a.c then car stereo.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Emperoh(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2015
Silently observing. . . . . .thinking of coming to Lagos to kidnap Gazzuz. shocked grin

I know i will have an accomplice in Lomomike cool

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 28, 2015
Emperoh:
Silently observing. . . . . .thinking of coming to Lagos to kidnap Gazzuz. shocked grin

I know i will have an accomplice in Lomomike cool

cool

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
More updates on the xterra

Rear suspension work started.

Faults noticed.

Bad rear stabilizer links.
Stiff piston in right rear cylinder assembly
Blocked pipe leading to rear left cylinder assembly.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
The cylinder assembly has been ordered by the client and it will be delivered on mon morning, so work will freeze on the rear wheels till the part shows up.

In the mean time the hub is cleaned on mud and new brake shoes are replaced.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Let's shift to 3 other cars.

Acura RL 2004
Toyota avensis (2000)
Lexus Rx300 (2004) shocked

All owned by 3 different nairalanders

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Acura had problems with the gear lever, it was stuck in drive and neutral, D4 light was blinking and car started off from 4th gear.

After that a scan was done and it revealed errors from transmission

P0753 faulty transmission solenoid A
P0758 faulty. Transmission solenoid B

Armed with these codes I set out on a search for possible solutions to the problem.

First thin is to Run vehicle Vin, vehicle is a Floded car.

Next is to test solenoids A and B, via diagnostic equipment to see if the tic when instructed to " actuation test", unfortunately it failed the test, only the lockup solenoid passed.

Next is the run the harness from solenoid A and B up till TCU "transmission control unit".
Harness is fine and there is no open circuit.

With the battery positive side out and with a long wire from the positive terminal, I tested the solenoids from the harness pinout at TCU
And guess what? They ticked!!

Checked power supply to TCU while engine running and it was OK.

Monday morning I will test vehicle with another TCU because for now it's my primary suspect.

P.S ECM and TCM for this car are 1 unit.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
More research for the codes.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Toyota avensis 2000

Suspension work.

All shock absorbers
Ball joints
Sway bar bushings
Sway barlinks
Lower control arm bushings
Abs
Leak from transmission area
Power steering pump replacement
Engine wash!!!!!

Let's GO!!

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Osama10(m): 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Acura had problems with the gear lever, it was stuck in drive and neutral, D4 light was blinking and car started off from 4th gear.
After that a scan was done and it revealed errors from transmission
P0753 faulty transmission solenoid A
P0758 faulty. Transmission solenoid B
Armed with these codes I set out on a search for possible solutions to the problem.
First thin is to Run vehicle Vin, vehicle is a Floded car.
Next is to test solenoids A and B, via diagnostic equipment to see if the tic when instructed to " actuation test", unfortunately it failed the test, only the lockup solenoid passed.
Next is the run the harness from solenoid A and B up till TCU "transmission control unit".
Harness is fine and there is no open circuit.
With the battery positive side out and with a long wire from the positive terminal, I tested the solenoids from the harness pinout at TCU
And guess what? They ticked!!
Checked power supply to TCU while engine running and it was OK.
Monday morning I will test vehicle with another TCU because for now it's my primary suspect.
P.S ECM and TCM for this car are 1 unit.

Hello Chief, it seems am having some solenoid stuff with my transmission although the vehicle is presently with the chairman you recommended to me in ph. wink
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
Osama10:

Hello Chief, it seems am having some solenoid stuff with my transmission although the vehicle is presently with the chairman you recommended to me in ph. wink

You are in good hands with Mr chuks grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Osama10(m): 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You are in good hands with Mr chuks grin

Ok. grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2015
Parts have arrived for the xterra, the rear cylinder assemblies for the brakes.

Installed and along with rear swaybar links.

Had to cut the rear pipe to free the blockage.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2015
Just in, and as I promised, you can follow the repairs from the comfort of your office.

Toyota camry 2001, front and rear suspension jobs, scan code P0128, coolanttemp below thermostat regulating temp. Which basically means engine is running cold, a check reveals there's no thermostat and the fans run directly.

Off to work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.