Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (111695 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by mikkyphp(m): 11:11am On Jul 03, 2015
mikkyphp:
baba Gazzuzz, i "scanned" before i knew it was the FL ABS sensor that needed replacement. pulled the honda ABS code 13. only asking if its replacement will affect d VSA as i read somewhere that once you have the ABS light on, then the VSA is likely to stay on too. i dont have a scan tool capable of reading the vSA module

Bros Gazzuzz, i have answered my own question. Thanks for the inspiration to DIY.
I installed the sensor and ABS, VSA and VSA actuator lights are all off. Also no CEL

Thanks once again Gazz. sorry to derail

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
mikkyphp:

Bros Gazzuzz, i have answered my own question. Thanks for the inspiration to DIY.
I installed the sensor and ABS, VSA and VSA actuator lights are all off. Also no CEL

Thanks once again Gazz. sorry to derail

You need to buy fuel o! grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Xterra continues.

Removing the intake components to get to the knock sensor, I also went under to unscrew the bad O2 sensor. Lucky customer, it was just a harness issue.

The multimeter in the pic comes with a flashlight and the screen is illuminated.
Also has a piercing tool so you don't have to rip wires to have them tested.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
To get to the knock sensors we will have to go this deep

But the head "Top cylinder" will still be intact.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
Now u can see the knock sensor!

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2015
Nissan xterra continues

Knock sensor was replaced but after a scan error was still giving a high code, so I checd harness and realized it was shorted, fixed the harness and knock sensor code gone.

Only thing left is the power steering pressure hose repair, alignment and a wash.

Can't wasit to finish this job.

Presently car has no error codes.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nissan Xterra

This is the procedure I'll be using to remove the power steering high pressure line that is leaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3AwPFkvBa8

Looks pretty straight forward.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by OPUSDEI1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
That's what I call being thorough. Welldone sir.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2015
Xterra powersteering pressure line removal underway.

Unfortunately there's also a secondary leak from the steering gear assembly.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:45am On Jul 06, 2015
Let's move on to a camry 2009 V6 SE.

Problems noticed.

Noisy suspension, especially the front right side. Also owner wants the car height raised a bit.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2015
Front right suspension taken down completely.

Bad components are the shock absorber,

Balljoints and swaybarlinks.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:22am On Jul 06, 2015
Components of a front strauts.

Bearing was dry and caused some really sqeeky noises when steering was turned, they will be greased.

The spring compressor I prefer using is the belt. Its kazeemy but very efficient.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32am On Jul 06, 2015
Back to xterra, pressure line down.

Unfortunately I can't get a new pressure line to buy in the whole of ladipo neither could I get a tokumbor one. Left with the potion of cutting out the leaking parts and welding another part.

Below are pics of donor and recipient pressure lines.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Kia Rio 2007

Suspension noises, clutch and pressure plate problems, vibration when stepping on brakes, vibration when driving

Taking front suspension down.

The clamp in the pic is to compress the piston of the caliper so brake pad change is done with ease.

The impact wrench is to make life easier. grin

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:32am On Jul 06, 2015
Xterra pressure line welded will be installed shortly

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:36am On Jul 06, 2015
Kia Rio 07

Resurfacing the brake rotors (disks)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2015
Kia Rio 07

The resurfacing should eliminate vibration when brakes are depressed, along with a new set of original brakepads.

The front suspension is yet to be fully disassembled but I already foresee bad swaybar links.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2015
Works is much faster with my new apprentices, I have more time to update here. grin

Weldon guys.

3 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nissan Xterra

Pressure line installed and primary leak has stopped. Pressure line is a bit longer but will suffice.

I can see a light at the end of the tunnel for this car. grin

Next will be accessing the fuel pump to check the fuel filter, alignment and balancing of the tyres and a well deserved wash.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
Got caught up in so much work and forgot wifys birthday.

Forgive me dear, happy birthday.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Corrola 2004 noisy brakes

Replacing front brake pads and rear brake shoes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Corrola 2004 sorry didn't detail the new parts fixed but complementary wash and car is good to go.

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Kia Rio 07

Parts to be replaced on suspension.

Shock absorbers
Bearing for shocks
Ball joint
Sway bar links
Sway bar bushings.
Front brake pads.

The bearings in the wheel hubs will be replaced, instead of changing entire hub

Taking the gear box down

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Dexmars(m): 12:16am On Jul 07, 2015
This is the first time I'm reading a thread from the first to its current page (over 6 pages) and I'm impressed.

Very informative.

Do you work on Range sports too?
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:57am On Jul 07, 2015
Dexmars:
This is the first time I'm reading a thread from the first to its current page (over 6 pages) and I'm impressed.

Very informative.

Do you work on Range sports too?

Multibrand grin

I don't discriminate cool

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by mixratio(m): 7:01am On Jul 07, 2015
Nice job you aare doing there. Kudos. Please do you work on diesel engines? It's a Mitsubishi pick up
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by depair: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2015
weldone gazzuzz pls forgiv my questn got an hyundai sonata wit noise on it suspension bt ll d cost of fixing be minimal as i dey very rich nw. i appreciate ur work.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2015
depair:
weldone gazzuzz pls forgiv my questn got an hyundai sonata wit noise on it suspension bt ll d cost of fixing be minimal as i dey very rich nw. i appreciate ur work.

You will be shocked at how cheap it is. grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by chemvic: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hello Gazzuzz I sent you a bbm request and also called you, you neither accepted my request nor answered my calls. I have the P0420 code on my brothers Toyota Corolla, I installed the spacer like I did to mine. The code was away for 6 days, but this afternoon it popped up again. Please what other step do you advise. Thanks Gazzuzz
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
chemvic:
Hello Gazzuzz I sent you a bbm request and also called you, you neither accepted my request nor answered my calls. I have the P0420 code on my brothers Toyota Corolla, I installed the spacer like I did to mine. The code was away for 6 days, but this afternoon it popped up again. Please what other step do you advise. Thanks Gazzuzz

We have spoken
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nissan xterra continues

Cabin filters installed

The wash begins

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.