Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Doing The House Chores,(parents)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Doing The House Chores,(parents)? (2464 Views)

Men That Do House Chores For Their Wives (Photos) / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by JustPOSH(f): 6:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Talking about house works like washing the dishes,pounding Yam,washing the toilet , mobing Etc........this works waz just gently stap to the ladies,,(it wasn't in d bible) as am tying now m having a lil quarrel wit my Aunty cuz she insisted her Female child should do the dishes (knowing fully wel shez not to WELL)i told her to asked her male child to do but she said GUYS should nt b aloud to do such works,,,,,i don't know who originated dat shiiiiii buh seriously i tink this fin s kinda wrong
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by DollyParton1(f): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2015
No offence. But that your Aunty is plain silly.
Her daughter is sick, and the wickedness in her won't allow her have sense that the poor girl should be resting.

So when the boy starts living alone, the sister will still be doing the chores for him.

I am beginning to loose hope in some women o. Damn!!! See this kind fuckery. So shey na virgina the gurl wan use wash ni. No be hand dem go both use, or the boy no get hand?

1 Like

Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by CountDracula(m): 7:14am On Jun 04, 2015
A mother is free to treat her child as she wants, no b u born am, wen u giv birth to ur children and d girl says she has headache u can tell d boy to b washin d plate and cooking for u...mayb its ur son dat wil b cookin fr his wife wen he's married

1 Like

Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by JustPOSH(f): 7:22am On Jun 04, 2015
DollyParton1:
No offence. But that your Aunty is plain silly.
Her daughter is sick, and the wickedness in her won't allow her have sense that the poor girl should be resting.

So when the boy starts living alone, the sister will still be doing the chores for him.

I am beginning to loose hope in some women o. Damn!!! See this kind fuckery. So shey na virgina the gurl wan use wash ni. No be hand dem go both use, or the boy no get hand?
.the most painful part s she kips saying "its not a guys thin"
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by JustPOSH(f): 7:25am On Jun 04, 2015
CountDracula:
A mother is free to treat her child as she wants, no b u born am, wen u giv birth to ur children and d girl says she has headache u can tell d boy to b washin d plate and cooking for u...mayb its ur son dat wil b cookin fr his wife wen he's married
.that's no problem(shey dem talk say charity begins @ home)that why i love my boyfriend,,,,,,,,he cooks,clean,wash nd everytin a lady can do,,,if he dint do doz in hiz mothers house shey na em mama for follow m go school de cook fr am.?
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by DollyParton1(f): 7:41am On Jun 04, 2015
CountDracula:

See another wickedness o. What is wrong if her son cooks for his wife?

When someone tells u they got headache, irrespective of the gender. A sane person would recommend rest at least.
What is wrong in boy doing chores. A sane mother is supposed to divide the the chores evenly amongst the kids.
How will the boy fend for himself when he finds himself living alone. Or when he gets married and the wife is sick or something, he will be dragging the wife out of bed to cook and clean for him.

Really, sometimes I catch shame when I see the ways some mothers are raising their boys.

The saying that "Many are raising their daughters like their sons, while not many have the courage to raise their sons like their daughters "comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by Shymm3x: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2015
DollyParton1:

When someone tells u they got headache, irrespective of the gender. A sane person would recommend rest at least.
What is wrong in boy doing chores. A sane mother is supposed to divide the the chores evenly amongst the kids.
How will the boy fend for himself when he finds himself living alone. Or when he gets married and the wife is sick or something, he will be dragging the wife out of bed to cook and clean for him.

Really, sometimes I catch shame when I see the ways some mothers are raising their boys.

The saying that "Many are raising their daughters like their sons, while not many have the courage to raise their sons like their daughters "comes to mind.

Dolly! tongue

Admittedly, based on what the OP said: since the girl isn't feeling too well, the boy can do it for now, pending when she gets better. And he'd be able to acquire a bot of culinary skills while doing it. However, in a household with both male and female kids, especially with people of colour, where cooking is a regular thing - kitchen chores should be left to the girls, while the boys do the more physically tasking chores within the household. It's the sensible thing to do based on how the society at large is, and things should be done based on natural skill-set and what will be helpful to them on the long run.

Listen, I don't care where you are from, when you meet a chic - apart from her physical/cerebral qualities and the intangibles she has - ability to cook is always an added advantage. That's just the way it's. And parents should always endeavour to help their daughters learn from a young age. A woman that can't cook is a disgrace to womanhood. I don't really want to get into that counter-productive ideology a lot of obtuse lunkheads on this forum, who have no understanding of what it entails have made redundant on this forum, with touting it everywhere unnecessarily. However, I would say if it's all about "equality" - there should be a limit to that madness. You just can't change the human anatomy and certain natural orders, made based on physical gifts. Men will always be physically more powerful than women, hence the need to always assign more daunting tasks to them - while women will fit into the naturally less daunting ones. And in a household, I believe kitchen chores is less daunting compared to other chores.

Err, it seems some of you are just hell bent on emasculating males, while projecting the unnecessary machismo of females. Can you see the paradox in that? Look around you - can't you see the alarming rate in which guys are becoming sissies/faggits these days is troubling/problematic? My boy and I still bantered a few days ago about guys who wear ultra-tight skinny jeans...like seriously, how do you some guys fit into those jeans? How would the nuts even fit in there without being overly sweaty? In the next ten years, I won't be surprised to see a lot of men wearing dresses like women - with a loads of women looking like tom boys. Now, that'll be some scary arse shiit to witness. If you don't know, that's the precedence you lot are setting with this madness - if it's not broken, there's no point fixing it. And I'm sure you'll never date a sissified man in a dress with lipstick on. grin

Let girls learn how to cook and do kitchen chores, it'll help them in future. One time I must have tasted the pasta some chic made, and that shiit messed up my taste for 6 months. I hated pasta after that. I'm a terrible cook, but even my pasta always taste a billion times better than that. That's the type of woman you'll end up raising.

1 Like

Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by CountDracula(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
JustPOSH:
.that's no problem(shey dem talk say charity begins @ home)that why i love my boyfriend,,,,,,,,he cooks,clean,wash nd everytin a lady can do,,,if he dint do doz in hiz mothers house shey na em mama for follow m go school de cook fr am.?
If he cudnt do all u jus listed, anoda woman go stil love am if u no love am

1 Like

Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by CountDracula(m): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
DollyParton1:

Wen u have ur own kids, raise dem ur own way, till then, dnt interfere wit d way anoda woman raises her kids, d way u raise ur kids won't please someone too and dey too wil shut their mouths
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by DollyParton1(f): 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
Shymm3x. How did I even miss your post. Just saw it now.

I am not saying a lady should not be trained in house chores at all. I am saying as a parent, you should train your kids equally. A girl's house chores should not be limited to the kitchen alone and vice versa for a boy.
A man should know how to cook, that is important. No one should lack knowledge and ability when it comes to nuturing one's self.
As a child, my parents brought my sister and I up to do everything we could do, except the ones we do not have the physical strength for. Same for my brother. My parents would rotate it so that everyone get a chance to do a particular chore. And it has helped us a lot. My friends still get suprised when I do somethings that is traditionally termed men's duty/chores. Same for my brother. Did it make my brother feel emasculated? No it dint. Instead he was equipped enough to survive on his own without anyone to clean after him or cook for him.

When parents refuse to allow their sons to do certain chores because it is considered feminine, it breeds dirty and lazy men who thinks they shouldn't help their wives with chores.

1 Like

Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by KanwuliaJara: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hmmmmm! grin
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by Richy4(m): 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
That is the wrong way to bring up a male child..

I guess your aunt's reasoning was one of the reason i could not share a room with guys way back in uni. Though the hostel was cheaper but i summoned courage and live off campus after cutting my budget...

I couldn't stand the mess guys make in the name of i don't care, we are guys and we are not meant to be clean attitude..

This now shows that some parent were to blame on this.
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by KissesandWine(f): 1:28am On Jun 05, 2015
Male and female children should share equally in house chores. At least that's how it was when I was growing up. How about families with only male children, won't the children do house work?
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by DollyParton1(f): 1:57am On Jun 05, 2015
KissesandWine:
Male and female children should share equally in house chores. At least that's how it was when I was growing up. How about families with only male children, won't the children do house work?
I gues their mum is expected to do all the chores then. Shebi she is the only female at home. Maje she dey slave dey go na.

I know of a family, with two boys for like 14years, before the mom finally got a girl. Before their baby sister could even grow to the house chores age, they were almost married.
The way these boys cook, clean and do other house chores hen, u go just dey in awe ni. Now those boys all grown now and have nothing effeminate about them.
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by DollyParton1(f): 2:06am On Jun 05, 2015
Richy4:
That is the wrong way to bring up a male child..

I guess your aunt's reasoning was one of the reason i could not share a room with guys way back in uni. Though the hostel was cheaper but i summoned courage and live off campus after cutting my budget...

I couldn't stand the mess guys make in the name of i don't care, we are guys and we are not meant to be clean attitude..

This now shows that some parent were to blame on this.

I no dey even like to dey go near male dormot. Chai the kain dirty something going on there no get part two. They will comfortably sit and eat in such place. Chai!!!
My brother was termed the neatest and most domesticated among his friends when they were all sharing an apartment, thanks to the upbringing he had. He would clean the common spaces and cook anytime he is available. But the others will eat the food and even find it hard to wash the dishes. Dont even enter their respective toilets, u go faint. To flush dey hard some of them.
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by cococandy(f): 5:47am On Jun 05, 2015
That's how they raise dysfunctional guys who can't pick up after themselves as adults.

1 Like

Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by mya1: 7:10am On Jun 05, 2015
I have always said this- women are their own worst enemies!

Though in this case, apart from the fact that the woman is mean, she is doing her son more injustice by not instilling the ability to be self sufficient . It is just pathetic!

Whilst growing up, we had a cooking rota at home. My brothers and I each had days alloted to us for cooking and cleaning.
I learnt how to wash a car from the age of 12 despite having two older brothers . My parents learnt the act of balance for their kids and ensured we were self reliant in all ramifications .

Recently, my bro came home and treated us to one of his delicacies - thanks to his culinary skills.

Some parents need sensitization on the ills of their actions .They need to be enlightened on the creation of that balance for their kids. I will rather give something you could /could not need than withhold something that may be needed.

Cleaning after one and the ability to nourish one's self is without a doubt a necessary skill every human being should possess.

In conclusion, some parents need education!
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by snakebeat: 8:57am On Jun 05, 2015
JustPOSH:
Talking about house works like washing the dishes,pounding Yam,washing the toilet , mobing Etc........this works waz just gently stap to the ladies,,(it wasn't in d bible) as am tying now m having a lil quarrel wit my Aunty cuz she insisted her Female child should do the dishes (knowing fully wel shez not to WELL)i told her to asked her male child to do but she said GUYS should nt b aloud to do such works,,,,,i don't know who originated dat shiiiiii buh seriously i tink this fin s kinda wrong
I guess u're older dan ur aunt? U think she doesn't know what she is doing? My dad cooks when nobody is around, but u wouldn't expect him to do dat when everyone is around. U want a boy to be doing all d chores & cooking, when a girl is in d house, smh...

Why are women bias for christ sake? Boys are known for doing back breaking jobs around d house, a girl is not allowed to do certain work because she's fragile, a man can do everything, d only stress free thing girls can do in d house is cooking, u still want a man to do it.

Of what use are women then? Excluding procreation.
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by snakebeat: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2015
DollyParton1:

What a great shame....

So u want her aunt to raise a son dat will be cooking for his wife.
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by DollyParton1(f): 10:05am On Jun 05, 2015
snakebeat:

What a great shame....

So because the Aunty doesn't want to raise a son that will cook for his wife, she has to force a sick girl to do the chores while the healthy boy is lounging. And u don't see that as wickedness?
If she wanted to be fair she should have done the dishes herself, since its not a guy's thing.
Don't you think she is passing across a message that its ok for his son to make his sick wife do chores instead of resting in the future.
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by damiso(f): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2015
snakebeat:

What a great shame....

What is wrong with a husband cooking for his wife? undecided Does it make him less of a man? undecided

The moi moi I am having for lunch today was made by Hubby. The man had been hinting that he felt like eating moi moi but I have not had time to go the whole hog as does not like moi moi made with the already peeled beans. He closed earlier than I did some time this week and he had made the moi moi before I got home.

Now I do most of the cooking but my example up there is the reason why I feel everyone should know how to cook. He felt like having something and he made it instead of having to depend on his wife who was not there at the time to make it. I would have probably made it tomorrow(Saturday) but he probably would have lost the urge for it by then. My dad could not cook but he had no qualms having house helps, the kids in short anyone cooking or serving his food.

And for those who cant or wont cook you can always PAY to have it made. What I might not have been able to cope with is those men who insist they cant or wont cook but insist that they must eat ONLY their wives food. Its those types that also say they cant eat day old soup, cant serve themselves from the pot, cant eat microwave food and all sorts.

Each to his own sha but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a man cooking for his family. As long as there is sha food to eat what does it matter who cooked it.
Re: Doing The House Chores,(parents)? by snakebeat: 10:46am On Jun 05, 2015
DollyParton1:

So because the Aunty doesn't want to raise a son that will cook for his wife, she has to force a sick girl to do the chores while the healthy boy is lounging. And u don't see that as wickedness?
If she wanted to be fair she should have done the dishes herself, since its not a guy's thing.
Don't you think she is passing across a message that its ok for his son to make his sick wife do chores instead of resting in the future.
She is not passing any message across, she was just trying to instil a sense of duty into her daughter. & I think every well meaning & prospective mother should emulate that, including u.

The aunt is a woman, & a mother at that, telling her daughter to do d house chores & cooking only bespeaks her daughter is in a condition to do it....

(1) (Reply)

The Moment You Kneel Down To Apologise To Your Wife, You Become The Woman! / Buhari Vs Johnathan's Family. / What Is Wrong With Dstv?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.