Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! (13639 Views)

Why I Won't Date Another 'male Feminist' / 10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Feminist Group Breaks Male Toilets As A Sign Of Male Chauvinism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 4:32am On Jul 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Alright. I'm so lost on the Issabesha thing. Ma isku dartaay ahem, and why lol? Speaking of qaxootis, I have to tell about this one qaxooti that I helped out this last week at a hospital. She didn't understand what was going on, so I sorta stepped in (I guess I came out of nowhere now that I think about it), and the first thing she said to me was "Allah(!), ma ada Soomali eh? Qabiil ke?". She just asked straight up, looking me up and down. Yh, no thank you or anything crazy like that either. I thought, "Isn't it Ramadan?". I was a little taken aback.
Wow, that's interesting! They got in hard on themselves overseas, huh. Was it around when what's his face marku dintaay (Zen..)?
Ugh, you're so mean.

Yes wa isku darey because they are your walalo wink
I wonder what her reaction would have been if you'd said your qabiil is one of the unfriendly ones lol.

Yeah but he was on life support of something for almost 2 months if I remember correctly. So as soon as the rumours surfaced the ones in the north organised a protest while the western ones tried to counter it. Horn politics is messed up.

Habeen wanaagsan walashey.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 19, 2015
ArtanK:

Yes wa isku darey because they are your walalo wink
I wonder what her reaction would have been if you'd said your qabiil is one of the unfriendly ones lol.

Yeah but he was on life support of something for almost 2 months if I remember correctly. So as soon as the rumours surfaced the ones in the north organised a protest while the western ones tried to counter it. Horn politics is messed up.

Habeen wanaagsan walashey.

Oh woooow! Thank you, Artan. Now I totally get what you meant when you said we "take our sharci story seriously". And why shouldn't we? angry

I wonder if your hooyo macaan knows of your sentiment towards our shared sharci. Oh, I would sooo tell her!

Are you 'hostile' towards ah-em?

On the qaxooti lady, I didn't know what she was and I didn't care. I didn't answer her, I was so peeved by her rudeness.

Habeen wanaagsan, but I'm not your walaal, remember? They are.

Ugh, mean! Now I see the true you.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Oh woooow! Thank you, Artan. Now I totally get what you meant when you said we "take our sharci story seriously". And why shouldn't we? angry

I wonder if your hooyo macaan knows of your sentiment towards our shared sharci. Oh, I would sooo tell her!

Are you 'hostile' towards ah-em?

On the qaxooti lady, I didn't know what she was and I didn't care. I didn't answer her, I was so peeved by her rudeness.

Habeen wanaagsan, but I'm not your walaal, remember? They are.

Ugh, mean! Now I see the true you.

Looooool I'm kidding... I called them Issabesha because that's what they want to be lol. Hooyo is neither Issa or Habesha so she wouldn't care LOL you shouldn't either unless you're one of the Issabeshas grin

No, I'm not hostile towards them but I prefer the northern ones. They're more easygoing imo.

Stop being Issabesha now wink
Yah I won't let this go lol
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 20, 2015
ArtanK:

Looooool I'm kidding... I called them Issabesha because that's what they want to be lol. Hooyo is neither Issa or Habesha so she wouldn't care LOL you shouldn't either unless you're one of the Issabeshas grin

No, I'm not hostile towards them but I prefer the northern ones. They're more easygoing imo.

Stop being Issabesha now wink
Yah I won't let this go lol

Well, it's what they are, or what they've become anyway. Plenty of them hold just as much a claim. The family I mentioned, for instance, has been there for eons. The land is much older than these artificial borders.

Come now, Djib is hardly only for Issas. Hooyo should know that and care. It's her sharci too sad At the same time, I understand that some folks can be pretty hardcore about who's what. My father for one. It makes no sense, I know.

I can't know what they're like in Europe, but I've found that, as an ethnicity, we're far more closed off to them than they are us.

Yh well, you're def not alone there, but I think that'd change if you knew. It does nothing to erase my identity as implied (which, if it were so, would've 'changed' a couple of times already) so try to let it be, brown eyes smiley Personally, I find the implication offensive. Besides, I'm almost certain you don't 'discriminate' either, patriotic though you are (nor should you) tongue
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 4:06am On Jul 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Well, it's what they are, or what they've become anyway. Plenty of them hold just as much a claim. The family I mentioned, for instance, has been there for eons. The land is much older than these artificial borders.

Come now, Djib is hardly only for Issas. Hooyo should know that and care. It's her sharci too sad At the same time, I understand that some folks can be pretty hardcore about who's what. My father for one. It makes no sense, I know.

I can't know what they're like in Europe, but I've found that, as an ethnicity, we're far more closed off to them than they are us.

Yh well, you're def not alone there, but I think that'd change if you knew. It does nothing to erase my identity as implied (which, if it were so, would've 'changed' a couple of times already) so try to let it be, brown eyes smiley Personally, I find the implication offensive. Besides, I'm almost certain you don't 'discriminate' either, patriotic though you are (nor should you) tongue

I had to look back a second. I thought you meant that one of the Issa families in your area are habesha, I understand where you're coming from now. No more Issabesha lol most of it was just to get you riled up tongue

Hoyo is anti-qabilist tbh but abo is pretty much like yours I guess. Women are less fussed about those issues in my experience.

I get what you mean, one of my closest friends and neighbour is Gurage. Their family welcomed us like we were their siblings when we first moved to Bonn. So I don't discriminate, though I do get a little tense when I talk to the brainwashed ones who support the actions of their leaders but I'm not alone on that one right?
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2015
ArtanK:

I had to look back a second. I thought you meant that one of the Issa families in your area are habesha, I understand where you're coming from now. No more Issabesha lol most of it was just to get you riled up tongue

Hoyo is anti-qabilist tbh but abo is pretty much like yours I guess. Women are less fussed about those issues in my experience.

I get what you mean, one of my closest friends and neighbour is Gurage. Their family welcomed us like we were their siblings when we first moved to Bonn. So I don't discriminate, though I do get a little tense when I talk to the brainwashed ones who support the actions of their leaders but I'm not alone on that one right?

Lol, so you thought I knew some wannabes? Smh! I don't often get riled up. It's just it's a common one to hear, and idk why but something about it gets me irritated af.

I wish I could say the same. I really don't understand it, esp since hooyo was born abroad and such, but she's quite the qabiilisté unfortunately. I guess it all boils down to upbringing no matter what the environment, though that doesn't explain me. Yh, my folks are well-matched let me tell ya embarassed

Of course, that's only natural. You're not alone.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol, so you thought I knew some wannabes? Smh! I don't often get riled up. It's just it's a common one to hear, and idk why but something about it gets me irritated af.

I wish I could say the same. I really don't understand it, esp since hooyo was born abroad and such, but she's quite the qabiilisté unfortunately. I guess it all boils down to upbringing no matter what the environment, though that doesn't explain me. Yh, my folks are well-matched let me tell ya embarassed

Of course, that's only natural. You're not alone.

Yeah because I know a few wannabes with fully Somali names like Liban and Awale lol.

The civil war made a lot of people more qabilist, even the ones across the borders. That is down to the stories people brought back with them to their regions and villages.
Clan wise my parents wa same qabil, just from different regions. So mine are well-matched too.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArtanK:

Yeah because I know a few wannabes with fully Somali names like Liban and Awale lol.

The civil war made a lot of people more qabilist, even the ones across the borders. That is down to the stories people brought back with them to their regions and villages.
Clan wise my parents wa same qabil, just from different regions. So mine are well-matched too.

Ohh! shocked I see.

In animosity? Mine can be something else. If not acceptable, civil war can at least make qabilist behaviors a bit understandable. What's the excuse of someone outside that? Nothing.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Ohh! shocked I see.

In animosity? Mine can be something else. If not acceptable, civil war can at least make qabilist behaviors a bit understandable. What's the excuse of someone outside that? Nothing.

Have you ever asked them about it?

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArtanK:

Have you ever asked them about it?

I've tried my best. Its like this weird, inexplicable superiority thing that's there. You?

PS Aren't you supposed to be painting the town red? tongue
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I've tried my best. Its like this weird, inexplicable superiority thing that's there. You?

PS Aren't you supposed to be painting the town red? tongue

It's a nomadic thing lol. Abo thinks he's a monarch and even told me that we're born to rule hence the 'Sultan' nickname.

I'm going in just a bit. From 6-11 in the night, the party is for the oldies and their boring long talks. I'll be painting it blue, white and green wink
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArtanK:

It's a nomadic thing lol. Abo thinks he's a monarch and even told me that we're born to rule hence the 'Sultan' nickname.

I'm going in just a bit. From 6-11 in the night, the party is for the oldies and their boring long talks. I'll be painting it blue, white and green wink

Lol, well it's a good one as far as names go. It carries weight. Abo thinks he's the KOTW..

I stand corrected, lol. Although here, when comes their bed time, all the old people leave the floor to the young people, and retire as they should like the proper folks they are. What are your oldies doing up at 11 PM subhan'A? I called it with you Euros.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol, well it's a good one as far as names go. It carries weight. Abo thinks he's the KOTW..

I stand corrected, lol. Although here, when comes their bed time, all the old people leave the floor to the young people, and retire as they should like the proper folks they are. What are your oldies doing up at 11 PM subhan'A? I called it with you Euros.

God bless our royal fathers

The oldies = anyone above 35 lol. I'm telling you, the wild ones you heard about are the Dutch and Swedes.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
ArtanK:

God bless our royal fathers

The oldies = anyone above 35 lol. I'm telling you, the wild ones you heard about are the Dutch and Swedes.

Wowzers, you're harsh. A 35 year old is by no means an "oldie" loool. If that's where its at, its where I need to be! I'm bedridden due to having broken a bone, and I'm dying a slow and agonizing death from just laying here wallahi. I'll probably end up biting someone's head off for kicks.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Ajuran: 4:35am On Aug 04, 2015
E-soul i have missed u waalaal. I have gone on a long journey within and without. I have to realize many things. I am a changed man.

I ask for your hand in marriage. I will not take No for an answer. I shall take ur hand in marriage , even it its just the chopped off hand.

Nigerians get ur machetes ready cheesy
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Wowzers, you're harsh. A 35 year old is by no means an "oldie" loool. If that's where its at, its where I need to be! I'm bedridden due to having broken a bone, and I'm dying a slow and agonizing death from just laying here wallahi. I'll probably end up biting someone's head off for kicks.

shocked How did you break a bone? Is it serious?
You should od on codeine. I did that the last time I broke my fingers.

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
ArtanK:

shocked How did you break a bone? Is it serious?
You should od on codeine. I did that the last time I broke my fingers.

An incident involving a mountain bike and a skunk, the end product of which was not only a broken tibia & sprained ankle, but having to bathe in GALLONS of tomato juice to get rid of the god-awful smell. With assistance!! It could be worse? At very least, I won't be needing surgical intervention. Its been almost two weeks so far, and what kills me the most is not the pain (which is just !#$%&#), but the immobility, dependence, SHEER BOREDOM, immobility, dependence, and did I say IMMOBILITY??

Yeah, I know I'm bitchin'...

What happened to your finger? That comment on oding made me think back on my old job where one of our pharmacists was caught stealing a whole bottle of Oxy. I used to do inventory on the narcs so I had to report the huge discrepancy, which lead to a closer examination of the tapes and then to his arrest, firing, and subsequent stripping of his license. All I remember thinking is "An entire bottle tho?! God, what a complete id.iot!". Now, I sympathize undecided
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 1:10am On Aug 15, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

An incident involving a mountain bike and a skunk, the end product of which was not only a broken tibia & sprained ankle, but having to bathe in GALLONS of tomato juice to get rid of the god-awful smell. With assistance!! It could be worse? At very least, I won't be needing surgical intervention. Its been almost two weeks so far, and what kills me the most is not the pain (which is just !#$%&#), but the immobility, dependence, SHEER BOREDOM, immobility, dependence, and did I say IMMOBILITY??

Yeah, I know I'm bitchin'...

What happened to your finger? That comment on oding made me think back on my old job where one of our pharmacists was caught stealing a whole bottle of Oxy. I used to do inventory on the narcs so I had to report the huge discrepancy, which lead to a closer examination of the tapes and then to his arrest, firing, and subsequent stripping of his license. All I remember thinking is "An entire bottle tho?! God, what a complete id.iot!". Now, I sympathize undecided

Wtf! I don't even know what to say. I'm glad that you didn't sustain any other injuries. One of my friends landed himself 3 months on a wheelchair because of a bike accident while we were fooling around in the wild.
How are you now and what have you been doing to pass time then? TV shows and even books become boring when you know that you cannot do anything else but stay indoors.

I broke three fingers during Muay Boran training. They didn't take long to heal and I nearly broke my other fingers because I didn't stop training tongue

Is the medicine expensive? If it isn't and there wasn't anything wrong with him, then he's definitely a jerk.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
ArtanK:

Wtf! I don't even know what to say. I'm glad that you didn't sustain any other injuries. One of my friends landed himself 3 months on a wheelchair because of a bike accident while we were fooling around in the wild.
How are you now and what have you been doing to pass time then? TV shows and even books become boring when you know that you cannot do anything else but stay indoors.

I broke three fingers during Muay Boran training. They didn't take long to heal and I nearly broke my other fingers because I didn't stop training tongue

Is the medicine expensive? If it isn't and there wasn't anything wrong with him, then he's definitely a jerk.
I really hope your friend is doing better. I feel for him. No other injuries, just cuts and bruises I've been working diligently to treat and fade out properly so they hopefully don’t leave scars. I was told it would take 8-10 weeks to be able to walk again. I'm doing better than I was. The swelling has gone down immensely, but it's still pronounced. The pain is still bad (though not as terrible as it was), and the throbbing is really irritating af. The throbbing alone keeps me from sleeping at times, and the fact that I can't seem to get into a comfortable sleeping position worsens the deal. Sometimes, out of nowhere, the pervading stench of skunk will wash over me like a memory, even though we've gotten rid of it and no one else seems to smell it but me. It's f'n strange, and its driving me up a wall! I think my sensory input was overwhelmed. I have no appetite.

As you can probably guess, I had a list of books, movies, and TV shows on the ready (shout out to Netflix!), and I've been doing that list justice, but I get so BORED. I even picked up COD on the insistence that I'd enjoy it. I'm averaging 10 kills as of now, but I'm still bored. I know I'm probably the worst 'patient' ever. Though I know I should be grateful, it kills me to be like this and I don’t have the best pain threshold so I get irritable/moody/mean. I've never been a homebody, and I'm not used to just laying around like this. I can't wait 'til this is all over! undecided *Rant over* How are you?

I don't even know what that is, but it sounds intense. Stubborn you! We all took Tae Kwon Do growing up - I don’t miss it. A lot of posturing.

Well, what happened was he was actually prescribed the meds, but then developed an addiction. So when his refills were up, he came back to work fresh off his health hiatus and stole a bottle, loll. I'm actually having someone be the keeper of my drugs for now. The pain really pushes you, and it's way easy to take more than you should.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 5:50am On Aug 21, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I really hope your friend is doing better. I feel for him. No other injuries, just cuts and bruises I've been working diligently to treat and fade out properly so they hopefully don’t leave scars. I was told it would take 8-10 weeks to be able to walk again. I'm doing better than I was. The swelling has gone down immensely, but it's still pronounced. The pain is still bad (though not as terrible as it was), and the throbbing is really irritating af. The throbbing alone keeps me from sleeping at times, and the fact that I can't seem to get into a comfortable sleeping position worsens the deal. Sometimes, out of nowhere, the pervading stench of skunk will wash over me like a memory, even though we've gotten rid of it and no one else seems to smell it but me. It's f'n strange, and its driving me up a wall! I think my sensory input was overwhelmed. I have no appetite.

As you can probably guess, I had a list of books, movies, and TV shows on the ready (shout out to Netflix!), and I've been doing that list justice, but I get so BORED. I even picked up COD on the insistence that I'd enjoy it. I'm averaging 10 kills as of now, but I'm still bored. I know I'm probably the worst 'patient' ever. Though I know I should be grateful, it kills me to be like this and I don’t have the best pain threshold so I get irritable/moody/mean. I've never been a homebody, and I'm not used to just laying around like this. I can't wait 'til this is all over! undecided *Rant over* How are you?

I don't even know what that is, but it sounds intense. Stubborn you! We all took Tae Kwon Do growing up - I don’t miss it. A lot of posturing.

Well, what happened was he was actually prescribed the meds, but then developed an addiction. So when his refills were up, he came back to work fresh off his health hiatus and stole a bottle, loll. I'm actually having someone be the keeper of my drugs for now. The pain really pushes you, and it's way easy to take more than you should.

8-10 weeks?!! Your injury is sounding more severe by the minute. Did it require surgery or did they just slap a cast on it?
I think I know why you can still remember the smell. I read somewhere that our memory serves us best when the thing we (need to) remember has a certain smell, taste, sound, feel or look. For example sometimes when I think back to my time Sana'a, I get a whiff of frankincense out of nowhere, and the reason for that is because the house I was staying at was near a number of frankincense stalls.
Perhaps the pain you feel takes your mind back to when the accident happened and the smell associated with that moment in time. Don't know if that makes sense lol, I could be wrong...
My friend is up and running and even plays semi-pro football now. The accident happened years ago.

If you're into football you should try some FIFA or Football Manager. Especially the latter, it will completely take over your life lol. I truly believe that is what you need to forget the pain. tongue

I'm doing well alhamdulillah, I've secured a job with good pay and benefits which I intend to milk vigorously until I move to the motherland. grin

Muay Boran is a mix of Thai fighting styles, you use eight limbs to strike; two hands, two legs, two knees, and two elbows. It's a very efficient and dangerous fighting style. TKD was actually recommended to me by my trainer in order to extend the range of my kicks. I stopped because I went on a long holiday. I haven't done any martial arts since then.
Why did you stop?
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 26, 2015
ArtanK:
8-10 weeks?!! Your injury is sounding more severe by the minute. Did it require surgery or did they just slap a cast on it?
I think I know why you can still remember the smell. I read somewhere that our memory serves us best when the thing we (need to) remember has a certain smell, taste, sound, feel or look. For example sometimes when I think back to my time Sana'a, I get a whiff of frankincense out of nowhere, and the reason for that is because the house I was staying at was near a number of frankincense stalls.
Perhaps the pain you feel takes your mind back to when the accident happened and the smell associated with that moment in time. Don't know if that makes sense lol, I could be wrong...
My friend is up and running and even plays semi-pro football now. The accident happened years ago.

If you're into football you should try some FIFA or Football Manager. Especially the latter, it will completely take over your life lol. I truly believe that is what you need to forget the pain. tongue

I'm doing well alhamdulillah, I've secured a job with good pay and benefits which I intend to milk vigorously until I move to the motherland. grin

Muay Boran is a mix of Thai fighting styles, you use eight limbs to strike; two hands, two legs, two knees, and two elbows. It's a very efficient and dangerous fighting style. TKD was actually recommended to me by my trainer in order to extend the range of my kicks. I stopped because I went on a long holiday. I haven't done any martial arts since then.
Why did you stop?
It didn't require a surgery, thankfully. It's a long process because the area of the break doesn't exactly get the ample blood supply essential for quick healing. I reckon it'd take even longer with screws and plates. I was initially told 8-10, but I've had issues with extreme swelling so much so that I had to get rid of my first long cast completely, and get another one fitted. Just a few days ago, I got that long cast exchanged for a shorter cast, and though the bone still hurts like hell the short cast feels so much better! I'll have to wear the short cast for another 4 weeks or so, after which I'll be switching over to a splint device undecided

I can understand what you're saying about the connection between smell and memory. I guess it's similar to the way some people sniff Doterra/essential oils and other scents while they study, and then take a whiff of that same scent while they're taking their finals. Apparently, the scent becomes associated with the material they studied, and it all comes flooding back to them during the test. Interesting @ the frankincense stalls. I didn't see anything like that in Egy. Is it a good smell and nostalgic, lol? Did you like it out there in Sana'a?

I don't think I'd be any good at that @ FIFA/Football Manager, but maybe I'll give it a try some time. My brother brought over his old playstation and I've been busying myself with books and rando games, but I think he held onto his FIFA grin It's been GTA and the randos this week.

Ah, that's what's up! It's awesome that you've secured a great job opportunity so quickly, and I'm def happy for you! smiley I know it's going to come in extra handy to be able to save right away, and I bet thats exciting.

I dropped TKD for swim. I fell in love with competitive swimming and had an affinity for it. I was on our HS swim team. I didn't bother in college for various reasons, but I think looking back I can safely say there wasn't a month I went w/o swimming timed laps for the past 9ish years or so minus a 2 month stint in Egy that ended when we finally found a suitable pool. Before we went out mountain biking and I got this injury, I was swimming 2-3X a week for a full body workout, and practicing aerial silks/yoga/etc for flexibility and fun. I will say that I admire how the martial arts has grown here. With most sports - competitive swimming and football (real football not soccer tongue) included - there's not much you can do out here competitively unless you're part of a school/professional team, but the martial arts community here is positively brimming with all kinds opportunities for advancement, titles, and competitions, etc.

Sorry, I feel like I wrote way too much and rambled. Don't feel compelled to write as much, lol. Take care of yourself.

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by ArtanK(m): 3:31am On Aug 26, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
It didn't require a surgery, thankfully. It's a long process because the area of the break doesn't exactly get the ample blood supply essential for quick healing. I reckon it'd take even longer with screws and plates. I was initially told 8-10, but I've had issues with extreme swelling so much so that I had to get rid of my first long cast completely, and get another one fitted. Just a few days ago, I got that long cast exchanged for a shorter cast, and though the bone still hurts like hell the short cast feels so much better! I'll have to wear the short cast for another 4 weeks or so, after which I'll be switching over to a splint device undecided

I can understand what you're saying about the connection between smell and memory. I guess it's similar to the way some people sniff Doterra/essential oils and other scents while they study, and then take a whiff of that same scent while they're taking their finals. Apparently, the scent becomes associated with the material they studied, and it all comes flooding back to them during the test. Interesting @ the frankincense stalls. I didn't see anything like that in Egy. Is it a good smell and nostalgic, lol? Did you like it out there in Sana'a?

I don't think I'd be any good at that @ FIFA/Football Manager, but maybe I'll give it a try some time. My brother brought over his old playstation and I've been busying myself with books and rando games, but I think he held onto his FIFA grin It's been GTA and the randos this week.

Ah, that's what's up! It's awesome that you've secured a great job opportunity so quickly, and I'm def happy for you! smiley I know it's going to come in extra handy to be able to save right away, and I bet thats exciting.

I dropped TKD for swim. I fell in love with competitive swimming and had an affinity for it. I was on our HS swim team. I didn't bother in college for various reasons, but I think looking back I can safely say there wasn't a month I went w/o swimming timed laps for the past 9ish years or so minus a 2 month stint in Egy that ended when we finally found a suitable pool. Before we went out mountain biking and I got this injury, I was swimming 2-3X a week for a full body workout, and practicing aerial silks/yoga/etc for flexibility and fun. I will say that I admire how the martial arts has grown here. With most sports - competitive swimming and football (real football not soccer tongue) included - there's not much you can do out here competitively unless you're part of a school/professional team, but the martial arts community here is positively brimming with all kinds opportunities for advancement, titles, and competitions, etc.

Sorry, I feel like I write way too much and rambled. Don't feel compelled to write as much, lol. Take care of yourself.

That's still a long time. Count yourself lucky for not having this accident anywhere near exam time. Though my friend's recovery took longer, he had his accident just after Easter holidays which meant exam season was only a month away and therefore had to retake a whole year in Gymnasium(the US equivalent of high school). Still I wish you a speedy recovery abayo.

@ Doterra oils -___- why didn't I think of that years ago bal... It would save me from going through so much hassle and 'toilet breaks' during the exams lol.
Frankincense is nice when the smell is not overwhelming. I started hating the smell after a week, I was there for three weeks. I found out a lot of it was from dhuulkena. Sana'a looks amazing but some of the people there are the worst of the worst. The way they treat the Akhdam is absolutely disgusting, that trip convinced me to never going back there again.
Did you witness anything like that in Egypt?

Trust me no one is good at FM in the beginning, you gradually turn into a mastermind lol btw you can get it on your laptop/PC. GTA is good tho, you keep at it wink

I count myself fortunate enough to have had a good amount of work experience. The lack of graduate schemes in Germany means that it is very important for students to go and get some experience, otherwise their CV will end up at the bottom of the pile.
Thanks walal, I appreciate it and it is very exciting indeed, my plan is coming along very well.

If we ever had a swimming race, you would do laps on me LOL I'm a very slow swimmer. You sound really passionate about swimming so should have carried on with competitive swimming. Who knows where it would have taken you.
MMA, BJJ and Muay Thai are on the rise here in Germany. My local gym thought ahead hired a Muay Thai black belt holder who takes his students to Thailand every year. Their business went up 1000%. Other gyms who do MMA classes recommend their best students to go pro with mentoring and pro training provided as well. It keeps the youth occupied with something worth their time.

Nonsense! Don't apologise, it is in our culture to give each other warbixin every now and then.
And since we're both not as active on here as before, it is good to hear from you again. Auf Wiedersehen smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2015
ArtanK:

That's still a long time. Count yourself lucky for not having this accident anywhere near exam time. Though my friend's recovery took longer, he had his accident just after Easter holidays which meant exam season was only a month away and therefore had to retake a whole year in Gymnasium(the US equivalent of high school). Still I wish you a speedy recovery abayo.

@ Doterra oils -___- why didn't I think of that years ago bal... It would save me from going through so much hassle and 'toilet breaks' during the exams lol.
Frankincense is nice when the smell is not overwhelming. I started hating the smell after a week, I was there for three weeks. I found out a lot of it was from dhuulkena. Sana'a looks amazing but some of the people there are the worst of the worst. The way they treat the Akhdam is absolutely disgusting, that trip convinced me to never going back there again.
Did you witness anything like that in Egypt?

Trust me no one is good at FM in the beginning, you gradually turn into a mastermind lol btw you can get it on your laptop/PC. GTA is good tho, you keep at it wink

I count myself fortunate enough to have had a good amount of work experience. The lack of graduate schemes in Germany means that it is very important for students to go and get some experience, otherwise their CV will end up at the bottom of the pile.
Thanks walal, I appreciate it and it is very exciting indeed, my plan is coming along very well.

If we ever had a swimming race, you would do laps on me LOL I'm a very slow swimmer. You sound really passionate about swimming so should have carried on with competitive swimming. Who knows where it would have taken you.
MMA, BJJ and Muay Thai are on the rise here in Germany. My local gym thought ahead hired a Muay Thai black belt holder who takes his students to Thailand every year. Their business went up 1000%. Other gyms who do MMA classes recommend their best students to go pro with mentoring and pro training provided as well. It keeps the youth occupied with something worth their time.

Nonsense! Don't apologise, it is in our culture to give each other warbixin every now and then.
And since we're both not as active on here as before, it is good to hear from you again. Auf Wiedersehen smiley
Wowzers, an entire year? Harsh Germans! Here, your friend could've appealed. The teachers and institutions consider and often cater to us regarding unforseeable circumstances beyond our control, esp the likes of illness, accident, and death.

Lol @ bathroom breaks. I never quite felt the need to cheat 'til Egy. It was there I discovered my body would 'out' me at mere attempt - I'd sweat bullets and start hyperventilating so that even if I ever wanted to, I couldn't. But I def watched on in awe at their techiques, lol. The end of the year tests were whack, insanely difficult, and not necessarily within the realm of the wealth of material we'd learned throughout that entire year. Hence, the cheating game was extremely intense and beyond anything I'd ever seen before or since. Once, as we left the exam hall, I watched a guy try to commit suicide in his frustration by throwing himself off a ledge, only to end up breaking his back. Just that morning we'd been confronted with the news that a classmate in our 3imara had been studying on her balcony on the 7th floor when she plunged to her death from the pressure. Every year during exam season, the country's suicide rates would soar. Egy's population is burgeoning and with everyone vying for the elusive slot of 'first of the class', the competition was extremely fierce, and it was sad to watch. After all that, and with none of the fill-in-the-blank/true or false/multiple choice questions they simply refuse to entertain over there, coming back to school here in the U.S. felt like child's play wallahi. I sorta feel like I veered. @Doterra I tried it, but I can't deal with pungent smells like that. My nose is uber sensitive. You know the thing most hateful to me about gatherings with older people? Catar! And 'Unsi'(sp)? Ya saatir, I reallyyy can't stand that stuff.

As for treating their akhdam terribly, I didn't see too much of that there. I did see little kids being mean to "dadas" (cleaners), but I don't feel it was necessarily a cultural thing so much so in Egy like I hear about in other Arab countries. I guess it's more a class thing, and since the overwhelming majority of Egy's population is def not in the upper echelon of society, you'd probably find that mentality more in the filthy rich Khaleej countries? In fact, the droves of Khaleeji tourists we'd get during the summer seemed rude to their hosts, and would look their nose down at the Egyptians in their own country. Notably, I'd say the Egyptians looked down not on their akhdams, but the Aswanis from the south and certain tribes among them.

Well, good on you for foreseeing the need for experience, and making sure you had what you needed to stand out from the pile smiley

Heh, nothing wrong with being a slow swimmer tongue Though I'd agree that I'm passionate, I never really had designs like that. It's more of an escape. Career-wise, I've always known I'd end up in a field pertaining to medicine or research.

I guess there was more warbixin where that came from, lol. It's always good to hear from you, Artan. A la prochaine smiley
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Ajuran: 2:28am On Aug 29, 2015
E-soul, my love, where have you been? I have missed you tremendously and greatly smiley

Show some love cool
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
How old are you??
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Ajuran: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
How old are you??

walaal I am under 30 and over 20.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
Yeah. I don't believe you.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Ajuran: 2:50am On Aug 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Yeah. I don't believe you.

Why do you need to know my age. Sponsooor miyaa xaraaaynaaysaaa? grin
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 30, 2015
It's all I care to know. But since you conceal and dearly withhold - va te faire cuire un oeuf! Sababtaa u kharineysid da'kaaga adaa og, but it is 'yours' to do with as you wish, after all.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Ajuran: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
It's all I care to know. But since you conceal and dearly withhold - va te faire cuire un oeuf! Sababtaa u kharineysid da'kaaga adaa og, but it is 'yours' to do with as you wish, after all.

Cajiib. Waan ku jeclahaay macaanto. Guur diyaar maa utahaaay? Do you wanna marry a troll? smiley
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 31, 2015
Cajiib, indeed. Waqtiga kaa aamusayey aa la gaarey, waxyahow wareersan. Fadlan, iga wareeg.
Re: I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! by Ajuran: 12:40am On Sep 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Cajiib, indeed. Waqtiga kaa aamusayey aa la gaarey, waxyahow wareersan. Fadlan, iga wareeg.

You are my wife. I have already paid for your hand. Luggaha kale fuuuur grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delaying Marriage Due To Family Responsibilities / My Wife Finally Opens Up / Is Watching Pornography Considered Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.