Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos (2940 Views)

Osinbajo Appoints Chairman, Members For Code Of Conduct Bureau / Osinbajo Appoints Ismaeel Ahmed As SSA To Buhari / Osinbajo Appoints Amaechi,ogbeh,ngige To Beat Down Food Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Nairapeople(m): 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
Former Lagos state Attorney General and Justice commissioner, Ademola Ipaye has been tipped as the Chief of Staff to the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo. By the nature of the presidency, his office shall be called Deputy Chief of Staff while the chief of staff is for the president and commander in chief. This magazine exclusively gathered that Ipaye has been briefed of the new development while awaiting official announcement.
Both Osinbajo and Ipaye have come a long way from University of Lagos as lecturers and when the VP was also the Attorney General for Lagos state. As a matter of fact, Ipaye was Osinbajo’s special assistant when the former was the commissioner.

VP, Osinbajo
Mr. Ipaye studied at the University of Lagos where he graduated with B.A. (Hons) Degree (1984); LL.B. Hons (1988) and LL.M. (1991). He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators respectively. He is also a Notary Public for Nigeria.
He started his career as a legal practitioner and research co-ordinator in the law firm of Oditah, Adebiyi & Co., Ikoyi, Lagos before joining the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos as an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Commercial and Industrial Law (April 1992). He eventually rose to the position of Senior Lecturer in October 1999 and Sub Dean of Law in October 2000.
In May 2001, Mr. Ipaye took a leave of absence to join the then Lagos State Governor (Bola Ahmed Tinubu) as Special Assistant on Legal Matters. He also served as Senior Special Assistant on Legal Matters (2003 to 2007); and Special Adviser to Governor Fashola on Taxation and Revenue (2007 to 2011) before he was appointed as Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice.
Categorised as : News by News of the People
No Comments » | Edit
http://www.newsofthepeople-ng.com/osinbajo-appoints-former-lagos-attorney-general-ipaye-as-cos/

Leave a Reply

Logged in as News of the People. Logout »
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
r
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by kodded(m): 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
undecided
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by fashoo2010(m): 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Loyal friends....I guess a lot of lawyer will constitute our VP staff....

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Dsegsam(m): 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Weldone oga vp
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Dannyset(m): 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
I know Ipaye to be a great mind just like the Vice President. He's been wonderful for Lagos State but what we have here and now is a different ball game. Its more than a paper work, it goes beyond theory. We want to see result. I believe in him tho. But come ooo, so VP dey get CoS?
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Vicadonis(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
Just like Jonathan's tenure... Too many office holders.

Why can't the President and Vice have the same Chief of Staff. Lagos state has just one.
Change indeed

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by denedene(m): 1:16am On Jun 05, 2015
President n vice appointing from their regions. issokay any ways you poster abv me took the words outta my mouth "why not use the same cos and cut cost"

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by olasmith10(m): 1:27am On Jun 05, 2015
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by ziccoit: 1:30am On Jun 05, 2015
In production there must be a balance between the population and available resources any tilt in that balance would lead to underdevelopment. If having cos and deputy cos are impetus to making the work done as quickly as possible, I see nothing wrong in that. What if having a single cos would cause a serious clog in the wheel of progress? Not all that looks dull are bad.
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by ERCROSS(m): 1:40am On Jun 05, 2015
The office title sounds like CSO

Chief security Officer..

grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Akosbaba(m): 5:49am On Jun 05, 2015
Unilag everywhere you look, great men repping the school of first choice and the nation's pride

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 5:54am On Jun 05, 2015
Wish him the best......I hope he contributes to national development with his wealth of experience.
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by ComradeAbu(m): 6:30am On Jun 05, 2015
My Vice president is also working! Not like Samboribori
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by oduastates: 6:31am On Jun 05, 2015
Vicadonis:

Why can't the President and Vice have the same Chief of Staff. Lagos state has just one.
Change indeed

Time is almost up for those who love lawlessness.
Re: Osinbajo Appoints Former Lagos Attorney General Ipaye As Cos by Benzzle: 7:00am On Jun 05, 2015
Vicadonis:

Change indeed
you dey think oh...VP and president share one COS...do you even know the work of COS,make I share one woman with your papa na ewu hausa

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

INEC Files Appeal Case In Support Of Governor Wike / Dasukigate: N54.8 Billion Already Recovered, Says FG / Why Is Benue, Nasarawa, Kogi, Jos, Abuja Classified As North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.