Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri (1195 Views)

Governor Shettima Breaks Fast With Prison Inmates, Eats With Them (Photos) / Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor / Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by bundur(m): 6:42am On Jun 07, 2015
After thorough investigation, NewsRescue
reliably informs that Borno state governor
Kashim Shettima has purchased and owns all
choice property in Maiduguri, capital of Borno
state.
Through the Boko Haram crisis, the governor
engaged in a buying frenzy, purchasing all
quality property and land in the capital; he now
owns virtually all prime property on Damboa
road, at new Government Reservation Area, and in all other choice locations.
According to a former home owner, when the
governor came to purchase his home last year,
he was shocked to see that the governor did
not even negotiate the price but paid in full first
requested price cash-down.
NewsRescue has obtained documents of the transfer of ownership of various of these
properties to the state governor. Our sources have confirmed that the Emirs
displaced by Boko Haram have all been lodged
in governor Shettima’s many prestigious
homes.
Our investigations have also found out that at
the assumption of power of President
Muhammadu Buhari and Attorney Yemi
Osinbajo SAN, the governor frantically has
started creating backdated documents of
transfer of some of these properties to State government hand to avoid exposure.
Boko Haram-plagued Borno state has
benefited billions of naira in security votes
which is meant to be used for the welfare and
security of indigens affected by Boko Haram
terror. However the billions in extra budget
funds are largely unaccounted.
While the state governor recently defended
himself that he has been buying Armored
Personnel carriers with the funds, these have
not been seen at the battle front as Civilian-JTF
volunteers who have been fighting and dying
staving off the capital and other towns from Boko Haram have relied only NGOs like ENDS
and on local contributions to buy knives, dane
guns they have used. The civilians have
complained of no support from the
government.
Indeed NGOs and civilians who have wished to
donate to displaced persons in the northeast
have complained that when they give bags of
rice for instance, the bags are rebranded with
the governor’s image and then given if at all as
campaign tools.
While the governor of Borno who is on record
for admitting that he knows the elite sponsors
of Boko Haram but fails to release their names
because he is “protecting their heads from
rolling”, as he says; Borno citizens are
complaining that the governor who was the commissioner of the Borno state ministry of
finance and economy during Modu Sheriff’s
currently being investigated tenure, Shettima
now has in his staff some of the same
henchmen accused of terrorism like Kadiri
Rahis, Shettima’s chairman Maiduguri Metropolitan Council, MMC. Kadiri Rahis is now
in the House of Reps under the APC.
Alhaji Kadiri Rahis Kadiri Rahis’ electoral victory is now in court
being challenged as he is known to be a stark
illiterate and unqualified for the representative
position. He is alleged to have threatened the
governor and once when Shettima attempted
to make him a commissioner, he walked into Shettima’s office, tore-up the paper and walked
off and the governor did nothing.
Former governor Ali Modu Sheriff, accused of
sponsoring terror and
massive embezzlement has
always dared the current
governor who worked as
his minister of finance and economy, to spill the beans, assuring him that they will go down
together.
People have been requesting a full state of
emergency in Borno with the governor
suspended as many blame him along with
former president Goodluck Jonathan for the
success of Boko Haram over the years.
The same behavior has been reported in Abuja
and other parts of the country under the past
Jonathan and the prior PDP administrations
where corrupt officials have bought-up all the
real estate with single individuals from the first-
family to directors of ministries and public parastatals from federal to state level owning
dozens of properties and entire estates. This
means of stashing stolen money is more
favored due to the complications of laundering
with modern financial tools.
Source: www.newsrescue.com/investigation-borno-governor-kashim-shettima-has-bought-all-choice-properties-in-maiduguri/#axzz3cAc2ubW7
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by Emenahagos02(m): 6:58am On Jun 07, 2015
Ok, he is now a suspect shocked

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by cold(m): 7:01am On Jun 07, 2015
Still waiting on Buhari to show his fangs

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by ramdris(m): 7:16am On Jun 07, 2015
While am not saying the governor might be guilty, this report seems fishy to me. I sense lie somewhere in all these. But anyway, time will tell.
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by M4gunners: 7:19am On Jun 07, 2015
No be d man wen want amnesty for boko haram? I no surprise

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by bundur(m): 7:43am On Jun 07, 2015
ramdris:
While am not saying the governor might be guilty, this report seems fishy to me. I sense lie somewhere in all these. But anyway, time will tell.
i am here in maiduguri and i swear dis report is just a little about wat the gov owns ranging from filling stations to houses

6 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by Nonybb: 9:08am On Jun 07, 2015
Ab0ki will kill Ab0ki but would blame Jonathan. Thank God a Southerner is out of this madness
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 07, 2015
Is it not d full dat is asking govt to grant amnesty to an islamic terrorist group called boko haram?
He must be ma d
Wetin concern me sef, anytin dat happens in I s l a m a b a d stays in I s l a m a b a d

3 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by abduljabbar4(m): 9:25am On Jun 07, 2015
bundur:

i am here in maiduguri and i swear dis report is just a little about wat the gov owns ranging from filling stations to houses
You don't even know how to lie
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by Emphany: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2015
Now you know,He is one of the northern sponsors of the boko haram. Please push ivestigations further.

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by Emphany: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2015
abduljabbar4:
k
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by bundur(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2015
abduljabbar4:

i dnt knw wat benefit i wl derive frm lyin is it dat im in maiduguri o dat i knw his properties is a lie if u doubt me check my profile o ask any borno citizen about d report
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2015
Hmmm......has he acquired the University of Maiduguri, the Borno State Government House and the Federal Secretariat along Bulunkutu Road? If 'NO', let's go back to sleep, he has not acquired anything. grin

What is the value of real property again in Maiduguri? undecided

Anyway, if he is found guilty of mismanagement of state funds, then he should be charged accordingly. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by Mancity26(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2015
did he purchase chibok girls as well? Just asking Jon sung comedian say so Working on my audio comedy cd Hustling pay huge
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by jumas(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu and shatima together. Hmmm!!
Nigerians in the hands of highest bidders
Re: Borno Governor Shettima Has Bought All Choice Properties In Maiduguri by KUNZEH(m): 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
Dey don start again

(1) (Reply)

All These Bombings Are Meant To Make Us Accept An Amnesty For Boko Haram / These Are Probably The Reasons Behind NSA Rtd, Sambo Dasuki's Sins. / Multiple Bombs Discovered In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.