Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi (11914 Views)

Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election / Stone-Base Roads Of Governor Umahi Of Ebonyi State - Photos / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by spyder880(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Where are my brothers from Ebonyi state? Come together and give this thread a life and use it to push your governments to performance. I will help wherever I can, I am in Uburu now but busy.

Do something!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Just this picture got my attention, why can't all the roads in abakaliki be like this? undecided

I'm praying for this government to do something about it, all Igbo state need to be developed.

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
DankemzI:
My brother the truth be told Ebonyi is a backward state.
Way back 2005, Ebonyi was far more better than Akwa Ibom State.
Thanks to Akpabio, Akwa Ibom now ranked top 10 must visit states in Nigeria
It takes passion to get the job done. Come what may Abia as at now can be compared with Akwa Ibom ?

I.k-town: A town in Akwa Ibom, not a capital city o!
Abakiliki: A major town(Capital Town'city') in Ebonyi state now compare and contrast
does ebonyi state and Akwa ibom receive d same allocations?
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
ROSSIKE:
op..it's obvious you have no shame. Either that or you're too ignorant and unexposed to know what an urban environment should look like. I won't bother asking you where pedestrians are supposed to walk along your 'lovely', open gutter infested roads, because I'm sure that, like the dumb imbecil.iles who built them, you've not given that a moment's thought.
look at the pic below. Side walks aren't all over the entire town but in some selected places. Even in abj, most roads don't have side walks, dats nigeria for u

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by SpaceTour: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
liberty300:
look at the pic below. Side walks aren't all over the entire town but in some selected places. Even in abj, most roads don't have side walks, dats nigeria for u

Change the title to "Welcome to Ebonyi state the Salt of Nation". By so doing it will accommodate all the developments going on in the state instead of limiting it. Thx

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
liberty300:
look at the pic below. Side walks aren't all over the entire town but in some selected places.

yeah...where the rich live, correct? The poor are supposed to walk on sand by the open gutter. They're not Nigerians. Look, all I'm saying is stop posting substandard, dusty, mediocre roads with open gutters and no sidewalks as 'development'. That's an insult to Nigerians.

Even in abj, most roads don't have side walks

NOT TRUE.
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ok. When next am in abj, I'll definitely take pictures of the low budget/bad areas. Don't be a Hypocrite no part of nigeria is perfect so calm down @least ebonyi state is trying. This is coming from the state with the lowest budget in nigeria, so cool it.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
liberty300:
Ok. When next am in abj, I'll definitely take pictures of the low budget/bad areas. Don't be a Hypocrite no part of nigeria is perfect so calm down @least ebonyi state is trying. This is coming from the state with the lowest budget in nigeria, so cool it.

This is the problem right there... 'We're trying'. Trying to do WHAT? That crap you're posting is nothing but CORRUPTION IN PICTURES. The goat who built those roads and left them with open gutters and no sidewalks would have found the money somewhere if he had to do some walking himself. He doesn't. He rides his Jeep from point A to B, so to hell with the majority who have to walk. The problem is the SELFISHNESS of the ruling class. They are not ''trying''. They are SELFISH and STUP.ID.

Do you know you have 2,000 year old roads from ancient Rome that were paved, with sidewalks and underground drainage? I mean, what is wrong with us as a people? If you want to do something, do it right. You can't build a road and just leave the side to weeds and gutters and sand. You must THINK about those who will walk by the side of that road, and provide the amenity for them.
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
@rossike, pls post pictures of the area you're pls...thank you
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
liberty300:
@rossike, pls post pictures of the area you're pls...thank you

What has the area I'm in got to do with anything? I'm from the SE like yourself and have no 'agenda' if that's what you're trying to imply. You need to stop seeing this as an attack on your beloved state, but rather, as something all Nigerians need to work on, throughout the country. It's a national problem.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
Well, no to good but still way better than awka, awka is the worst capital I have ever step my foot on.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by FKO81(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
I enjoyed Ebonyi rice yesterday, GEJ really performed well in Agriculture sector.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2015
More

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by mightyhaze: 11:30am On Sep 20, 2015
Nice one op! Keep 'em comin. Ebonyi is d only southeast state I havnt visited. More dan ever,I now intend 2 do dat in d nearest future possible.
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 07, 2016
u pple dnt want to show beta pictures of Abakaliki ryt no p, i wl do dem justice one day
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Emmanuel4ebsu(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2016
Ebonyi is the most infrastructuraly developed state when compared to other states created same time with her. I said INFRASTRUCTURALY. And currently, Dave is making the state a place of envy. Road construction every where. Followed by Street lights and water reticulation

Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Emmanuel4ebsu(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2016
Ebonyi is getting big. Even some bad mouth fellows in my school Ebsu are now confessing.
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by wasco24: 6:52pm On May 30, 2016
cool
Re: Welcome To Abakaliki, The Capital Of Ebonyi by Emmanuel4ebsu(m): 6:58pm On May 30, 2016
Nmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiano Presents The Cheque Of 367Million To Schools In Anambra - Photos / Why Buhari Will Not Meet With Maina - Itse Sagay / PRP Confirms Shehu Sani Its Kaduna Central Senatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.