Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Can Someone Answer This Contradicting Bible Passages (see The Question). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Answer This Contradicting Bible Passages (see The Question). (759 Views)

Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion / Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. / The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Answer This Contradicting Bible Passages (see The Question). by myariks(m): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
In the book of 2 kings 2vs11, the bible made us to know that Elijah ascended up to heaven with a chariot of fire BUT in the book of john 3vs13, our Lord Jesus said nobody had ascended up to heaven except the son of man (Jesus) that came down from heaven where he was before. (MY QUESTION NOW IS THAT, What of Elijah that ascended up to heaven with a chariot of fire. ( I NEED AN ANSWER WITH BIBLE FACTS PLS).
Re: Can Someone Answer This Contradicting Bible Passages (see The Question). by dolphinheart(m): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2015
myariks png ost=34537483:
In the book of 2 kings 2vs11, the bible made us to know that Elijah ascended up to heaven with a chariot of fire BUT in the book of john 3vs13, our Lord Jesus said nobody had ascended up to heaven except the son of man (Jesus) that came down from heaven where he was before. (MY QUESTION NOW IS THAT, What of Elijah that ascended up to heaven with a chariot of fire. ( I NEED AN ANSWER WITH BIBLE FACTS PLS).

the heaven mentioned in the case of Elijah is not the heaven where the spirit creature resides. The bible use the word heaven in describing deferent locations/circumstances /conditions.

Elijah cannot go to heaven in that condition cus
1.flesh and blood cannot enter heaven
2. man has not been redeemed yet,all they had then was a future hope
3 the bible tells us about Elijah activities on earth after the chariot incident.
Re: Can Someone Answer This Contradicting Bible Passages (see The Question). by myariks(m): 7:28am On Jun 08, 2015
Pls can u give example of heaven Elijah ascended to and also different location or circumstances of heaven as described in bible.
Re: Can Someone Answer This Contradicting Bible Passages (see The Question). by Scholar8200(m): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2015
2 Corinthians 12:2-4

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink 4 how that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

The third heaven (paradise) was where Enoch, Elijah and a host of OT saints (and the thief on the cross) went to before Christ came. Note the use of the word caught up being similar to Enoch and Elijah's experience;meaning people could be physically taken to paradise or through death. However,Heaven,where God's Throne is can only be accessed through Jesus Christ (as a result of the redemption provided by His blood).

The paradise in question is separated from hell by a big, deep gulf as revealed in the story of Lazarus and the rich man.
Re: Can Someone Answer This Contradicting Bible Passages (see The Question). by dolphinheart(m): 9:39am On Jun 09, 2015
The Hebrew sha·maʹyim (always in the plural), which is rendered “heaven(s),” seems to have the basic sense of that which is high or lofty. Ps 103:11 Pr 25:3 Isa 55:9) Physical Heavens. The context usually provides sufficient information to determine which area of the physical heavens is meant. “The heaven(s)” may apply to the full range of earth’s atmosphere in which dew and frost form ( Ge 27:28; Job 38:29), the birds fly (De 4:17; Pr 30:19; Mt 6:26), the winds blow (Ps 78:26), lightning flashes (Lu 17:24), and the clouds float and drop their rain, snow, or hailstones ( Jos 10:11; 1Ki 18:45; Isa 55:10; Ac 14:17). “The sky” is sometimes meant, that is, the apparent or visual dome or vault arching over the earth.— Mt 16:1-3; Ac 1:10, 11.

(1) (Reply)

BVN Is Mark Of The Beast? Lol. / Trying To Conceive Beyond 2 Years? Join Me Here To Conceive / Why Is There Seperation Of Seats In Some Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.