Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion (2054 Views)

The Teaching Of Buddism Is Self Contradicting Or Self Defeating..... / Contradicting Prophecies Abound On Anambra Governorship Election Outcome / Christianity - The Perfection Of Narcissism, Selfishness And Apathy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2016
Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion

Every religion is shrouded in mysteries and sacred doctrines but Christianity has to be the most controversial and self contradicting religion. Wait, let me finish, I will highlight my points carefully.

1. To begin with, Christians will tell you it's not a religion but a way of life. (Really?) What then is the definition of religion?

Religion:
(Roman Catholic Church) chiefly RC Church- the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns:

2. Only Christians believe in Trinity. God, the Creator sacrificing Himself in his Human form to be tortured and murdered by his own Creation in order to save them. (No, you didn't read that wrong, it's as absurd as it sounds.)

3. Christianity emanated when the Jews failed to accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth as the glorious Messiah they had been promised.
Odd then that Christians have failed to accept any of all the other religious movements that have sprouted even though Christians are also anticipating the Second Coming of the Messiah. (The wait is over 2000 years now and still counting, but that's another argument all together)

4. Only in Christianity do we have a Virgin defying all Science and Biology and giving Birth without any form of insemination, even though she was very much engaged and betrothed. (Yea right)

5. The most absurd of all these isn't any of the several miracles that have yet to be replicated in our present times (maybe cos our generation is just too immoral that God has decided to stop performing miracles all together) such as turning water to wine, feeding a multitude with few loaves and fish, or walking on water or raising the dead, etc.

6. The most absurd and completely condescending and self righteous atrocity committed by Christians is their emphasis of John 14.6
How can you preach religious tolerance when you expect to annihilate every other religion except yours? Is that not Monopolizing the religious industry?

Ask any devout Christian, and they'll tell you ever so confidently that as long as you're not a Christian, woe betides you, cos you're going to Hell. (Really?)

So no matter how pious and humanitarian and perfect you are at whatever religion you've adopted, as long as you're not a christian, what a weist!

I am no atheist I believe in God, a Super Creator, Super Power, The Source.
What I do not believe however is Religion. I don't believe there is a particular religion ordained and endorsed by God.
But the efficacy of Religion cannot be denied. Without it, there would have been chaos all over the world.

However back to the matter, Christian Patriarchs either need to address these issues and redress them accordingly or risk losing their grip on enlightened youths of our day. I know some will still say you can't use human intelligence to interpret or discern things of the spirit, trust me I've heard it all.

5 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by Khd95(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
In all fairness,this deserve to enter the promise landsad

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by obal2: 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
obal2:
Without fear of contractions, I must say that majority of Christians have missed it. They worship Paul during church services and ignore Jesus. They quote from Pauline letters more profusely and seldom quote the words of Jesus as recorded in the synoptic gospels.

Where there is conflict between Jesus position and Paul position, which is the case in most cases, the later is adopted. Christians do not read and are too close minded to note that every letter of Paul contradicts the words of Jesus in the synoptic gospels.

Christian practices today is completely anti-Jesus. They worship Jesus with their mouths but their hearts are far from him.

Christians cherry pick and end up with confusion, mixing texts from both old and New Testaments based on convenience and driven by personal aggrandisement.

I delivered a short sermon to a group of adult christians recently from Daniel 11:32 which talks about knowing your God. By the time I stopped after 10 minutes, their reactions was that of a group of people hungry for the truth and tired of flaterries common to the church today. It was clear that most Christians including those contributing on this forum do not even know the name of the God they serve.

It's time Christians seek and follow Jesus and the away from Pauline doctrines and teaching.
Thank you

Don't know what to do with this info. Are you saying you agree that Christianity is self contracting?
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by felixomor3: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
pressplay411:

Every religion is shrouded in mysteries and sacred doctrines but Christianity has to be the most controversial and self contradicting religion. Wait, let me finish, I will highlight my points carefully.

1. To begin with, Christians will tell you it's not a religion but a way of life. (Really?) What then is the definition of religion?

Religion:
(Roman Catholic Church) chiefly RC Church- the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns:

2. Only Christians believe in Trinity. God, the Creator sacrificing Himself in his Human form to be tortured and murdered by his own Creation in order to save them. (No, you didn't read that wrong, it's as absurd as it sounds.)

3. Christianity emanated when the Jews failed to accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth as the glorious Messiah they had been promised.
Odd then that Christians have failed to accept any of all the other religious movements that have sprouted even though Christians are also anticipating the Second Coming of the Messiah. (The wait is over 2000 years now and still counting, but that's another argument all together)

4. Only in Christianity do we have a Virgin defying all Science and Biology and giving Birth without any form of insemination, even though she was very much engaged and betrothed. (Yea right)

5. The most absurd of all these isn't any of the several miracles that have yet to be replicated in our present times (maybe cos our generation is just too immoral that God has decided to stop performing miracles all together) such as turning water to wine, feeding a multitude with few loaves and fish, or walking on water or raising the dead, etc.

6. The most absurd and completely condescending and self righteous atrocity committed by Christians is their emphasis of John 14.6
How can you preach religious tolerance when you expect to annihilate every other religion except yours? Is that not Monopolizing the religious industry?

Ask any devout Christian, and they'll tell you ever so confidently that as long as you're not a Christian, woe betides you, cos you're going to Hell. (Really?)

So no matter how pious and humanitarian and perfect you are at whatever religion you've adopted, as long as you're not a christian, what a weist!

What I do not believe however is Religion. I don't believe there is a particular religion ordained and endorsed by God.
But the efficacy of Religion cannot be denied. Without it, there would have been chaos all over the world.

However back to the matter, Christian Patriarchs either need to address these issues and redress them accordingly or risk losing their grip on enlightened youths of our day. I know some will still say you can't use human intelligence to interpret or discern things of the spirit, trust me I've heard it all.

You have heard it all, but you still carry your 2 fingers waka come Nairaland religious section?

Who dey contradict himself?
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
Khd95 post=51623 772:
In all fairness,this deserve to enter the promised landsad

Thanks bro
now to cc
Lalasticlala
Seun

We need more contribution. FP abeg
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
You opened a thread to criticize religion but you narrowed your criticism to Christianity, who forced you to be religious. Hey, if you believe in a supreme God, why don't you believe in Allah, Buddha or other gods worshiped by other religions must you focus on Christians?

If you don't believe in religion why are you hanging around religious forums, ehn? Who cares what you think about Christianity, no one but you and your loved ones, so do well to keep your thoughts to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by Auki: 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
In fairness to Jesus, most of these mind blowing contradictions emanated from Church leaders.

Pualine Christian turns pure monotheism religion into paganism.

Jesus never call himself either God, Son of God or part of the triune God.

All prophets Noah, Abraham, Mosses, Jesus, Mohammad preach mankind to worship One God. Nobody preach that we should worship Jesus as God.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
felixomor3:

You have heard it all, but you still carry your 2 fingers waka come Nairaland religious section?

Who dey contradict himself?

which section would be more befitting, pray tell?
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by felixomor3: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
pressplay411:

which section would be more befitting, pray tell?

Look for website with atheism and philosophy section.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
felixomor3:

Look for website with atheism and philosophy section.

OK sir
So discourse on matters of religion should be moved to atheism and philosophy.
I think y should stop replying cos you keep exposing your ignorance with each comment.
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by felixomor3: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
pressplay411:

OK sir
So discourse on matters of religion should be moved to atheism and philosophy.
I think y should stop replying cos you keep exposing your ignorance with each comment.

"What I do not believe however is Religion. I don't believe there is a particular religion ordained and endorsed by God."

The above is your statement on this same thread.

Short memory loss is obvious.
Get cured.
cool

2 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
felixomor3:

"What I do not believe however is Religion. I don't believe there is a particular religion ordained and endorsed by God."

The above is your statement on this same thread.

Short memory loss is obvious.
Get cured.
cool

But it still borders on religious discourse.
So you see why it still falls under Religion.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by felixomor3: 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2016
pressplay411:

But it still borders on religious discourse.
So you see why it still falls under Religion.

Abeg swallow am

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by skeendyke: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
I don't even know where you stand. You have only made sense to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Christ commanded, “As the Father sent me, so send I you.” If pastors cant fulfill this command of Jesus, he is fake and is unable to give to the suffering masses what Jesus want to give. The pastors theological qualifications dont count here.

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua is highly anointed and powerfully ordained by Jesus Christ as the overwhelming biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence reveals for our convenience.

I have learned more about the risen Christ and how to identify a fake pastor from a real pastor by watching Emmanuel TV and Youtube.com than any church I ever went to.

If you want to know if a Pastor is real or fake, simply examine his WORKS. The WORKS will reveal if a Pastor is recognized in heaven !

What are the "WORKS" Jesus always refer to : It is all the Miracles, Signs, Prophecy and the many Wonders given for our benefit so that we might believe that we are truly LOVED.

Examine what Christ is saying about himself;
John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the WORKS which the Father hath given me to finish, the same WORKS that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
pressplay411:

Religion:

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by ScienceWatch: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Christ commanded, “As the Father sent me, so send I you.” If pastors cant fulfill this command of Jesus, he is fake and is unable to give to the suffering masses what Jesus want to give. The pastors theological qualifications dont count here.

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua is highly anointed and powerfully ordained by Jesus Christ as the overwhelming biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence reveals for our convenience.

I have learned more about the risen Christ and how to identify a fake pastor from a real pastor by watching Emmanuel TV and Youtube.com than any church I ever went to.

If you want to know if a Pastor is real or fake, simply examine his WORKS. The WORKS will reveal if a Pastor is recognized in heaven !

What are the "WORKS" Jesus always refer to : It is all the Miracles, Signs, Prophecy and the many Wonders given for our benefit so that we might believe that we are truly LOVED.

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the WORKS which the Father hath given me to finish, the same WORKS that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Today, two thousand years later, Christ is separating the wheat from the chafe. Because of His love for all church goers, He is separating fake pastors from His chosen ones.
Church goers world wide finally have powerful Biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence of the true Love of God as witnessed in The holy Scoan Church Nigeria . For too long Church goers have been fooled with cheap talk.

Examine how Christ answered his chosen ones, apprentice pastors/disciples.
Two very important spiritual questions are asked here;
a) Where is heaven, and how do we get there ?
b) Who is God and show us this God ?

John 14:5 Thomas asked him, Lord, we know not where you are doing; and how can we know the way?
John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.
John 14:7 If you had known me, you should have known my Father also: and from now you know him, and have seen him.

John 14:8 Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it will be enough for us .
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been a long time with you, and yet you have not known me, Philip? He that has seen me has seen the Father; and why do you then say, Show us the Father?

John 14:10 Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that lives in me, He do the works (that you have seen me do, and that you do..)
(What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.” )

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
skeendyke:
I don't even know where you stand. You have only made sense to yourself.

Here's where I stand

1. For Christianity to thrive, all other religions must be eradicated? If it is in fact God ordained religion I don't think we need all this evangelism.

2. It remains self contradicting considering the afore listed points.

3. I stand to question dogma and heresy as I only quest and request for the Truth.
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:

By Works you mean Miracles, Just out of curiosity have you or someone close to you ever experienced a direct miracle from a MOG? And please don't tell me Waking up everyday is itself a Miracle, please just don't.
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by mrvitalis(m): 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:

Bro there is no verified miracle on earth...

Tb Joshua is a big scam and watching emmanuel tv its just too obvious. .
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by MuttleyLaff: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
pressplay411:

Every religion is shrouded in mysteries and sacred doctrines but Christianity has to be the most controversial and self contradicting religion. Wait, let me finish, I will highlight my points carefully
Breath held

pressplay411:
1. To begin with, Christians will tell you it's not a religion but a way of life. (Really?)
What then is the definition of religion?
Maybe out of being ill-informed but
what you allege to be religion, is actually Exodus version 2.0
and this movement of the people aka the ''called out ones'' is called ekklesia

It is the people at Antioch who derogatively called the believers belonging to the Lord Christians (i.e. Acts 11:26)
None of the apostles, disciples, followers of Christ or early believers called themselves christians

The patriarchs, the likes of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob all had meaningful, productive and positive relationships with God
The patriarchs and the Israelites might have known God as a Friend, known God as a Companion
but they never knew God as a Father

Jesus came not just only to preach and teach about the gospel
but came to get us more closely acquainted with God,
came to help us see and look up to God as a Father,
came to get us have meaningful, productive and positive RELATIONSHIPs with a willing and ungrudging heavenly Father

This is what, it is mainly all about RELATIONSHIPs,
its about having a stronger and deeper bond of relationship with God, with Him being a Father to all that believe

pressplay411:
Religion:
(Roman Catholic Church) chiefly RC Church
- the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns:
Go to #3 below, to read a bit on how the Roman Catholic Church chiefly RC Church for political and tactical reasons was conceived and came about

pressplay411:
It is when people know less than they should about God that they pigeonhole God into trinity
so except for trinity, the other parts in #2 dont sound absurb at all

pressplay411:
What you perceive as christianity actually is a copycat of the Apostles' ''christianity'' mishmashed with paganism

This perverted Apostles' ''christianity'' was helped along to get a strong and dominant foothold by the Roman Emperor, Constantine the Great

Constantine in 313 AD, with the Edict of Milan decriminalised believers' worships
and then created a pagan themed adulterated copycat version of how the early believers worshipped to be the official religion state wide

pressplay411:
37For no word from God will ever fail.”
38“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her

- Luke 1:37-38

Jesus replied,
"What is impossible with man is possible with God."

- Luke 18:27

Well, did you notice in Luke 1:38 above, how Mary listened and hearkened to the call of duty word
and how though, very much engaged and betrothed didnt bother her

When and if you believe the Word, stand by the Word or stand on the Word
then what is impossible with man becomes possible through God by the Word/His word

pressplay411:
5. The most absurd of all these isn't any of the several miracles that have yet to be replicated in our present times
(maybe cos our generation is just too immoral that God has decided to stop performing miracles all together) such as turning water to wine, feeding a multitude with few loaves and fish, or walking on water or raising the dead etc
To what end do you expect miracles like the turning water to wine, feeding a multitude with few loaves and fish, or walking on water or raising the dead'' be replicated?
Why and what is the purpose for expecting to see these your particularly mentioned miracles?

pressplay411:
How can you preach religious tolerance when you expect to annihilate every other religion except yours?
Is that not Monopolizing the religious industry?
Buddha, Mohammed, Sango, Ogun dont and never claim to be the way and the truth and the life (i.e. John 14:6)

Have you anywhere else, heard someone or read anyone else repeat anything remotely close to saying:
''I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me''

pressplay411:
Ask any devout Christian,
and they'll tell you ever so confidently that as long as you're not a Christian, woe betides you, cos you're going to Hell. (Really?)
No, and rightly, believers will tell you whether dead or alive, one needs to believe in the heart and confess with mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord
(i.e. Lord, as in being The Owner or your Owner)

pressplay411:
So no matter how pious and humanitarian and perfect you are at whatever religion you've adopted, as long as you're not a christian, what a waste!
Cornelius, a Gentile, practising a Jewish faith et al was all these adjectives
You cant be more pious nor be more humanitarian than Cornelius was
so if Cornelius inspite of his deep religious commitment still was required to hear and listen to the gospel
why do you think other ''pious and humanitarian and perfect(s)'' should be exempted or be let off the hook?
The underlining thing here is belief,
whether dead or alive, and without stumbling or knocking it over, the foremost hurdle to clearly jump is to believe Jesus, believe in Jesus and believe the preached Gospel

pressplay411:
I am no atheist I believe in God, a Super Creator, Super Power, The Source
Believing in God, in a Super Creator, in Super Power, in The Source, though each or all are alright, just any each or all altogether are not good enough without acknowledging God the Son, Jesus Christ

pressplay411:
What I do not believe however is Religion.
I don't believe there is a particular religion ordained and endorsed by God
Read up on James 1:27 to know about the ONLY religion endorsed by God.

pressplay411:
However back to the matter,
Christian Patriarchs either need to address these issues and redress them accordingly or risk losing their grip on enlightened youths of our day.
I know some will still say you can't use human intelligence to interpret or discern things of the spirit, trust me I've heard it all.
5If any of you needs wisdom to know what you should do,
you should ask God, and he will give it to you.
God is generous to everyone and doesn't find fault with them.
6When you ask for something, don't have any doubts.
A person who has doubts is like a wave that is blown by the wind and tossed by the sea.
7A person who has doubts shouldn't expect to receive anything from the Lord.
8A person who has doubts is thinking about two different things at the same time
and can't make up his mind about anything

- James 1:5-8

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by bennyrazz: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2016

Luke 16:19-31 King James Version (KJV)

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

he who has ears, let him hear.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by pressplay411(m): 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
It's pathetic how Xtians have been programmed to find it sacrilegious questioning the bible.

Isn't it the same Bible that instructs us to seek wisdom, test spirits, etc? How do you achieve this without asking questions?

But I understand, most Xtians fear that questioning the bible is analogous to questioning their faith. And no one wants to lose the faith they've spent years building.

On this note I posit and submit to the conclusion that no one plugged in to the system wants to be unplugged, and they'll fight to protect and remain in the system.

My focus on Xtianity is because it's the most dominant in this part of the world next to Islam. Also it's the only religion that has been bastardised and commercialised to the point that even Christians don't agree on the doctrines of Christianity.

Christianity has birthed over 1000 other religions, churches, synagogues, etc. With each one professing that it's way is the only way and all else are simply not "Called". (headache from too much SMH)
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by MuttleyLaff: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2016
pressplay411:
It's pathetic how Xtians have been programmed to find it sacrilegious questioning the bible
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.
Keep on seeking, and you will find.
Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you

- Matthew 7:7

The Xtians can speak for themselves
but this much I know about believers aka saints, aka the called out ones, aka beloved is that
they arent programmed to think that questioning the bible is sacrilegious.

pressplay411:
Isn't it the same Bible that instructs us to seek wisdom, test spirits, etc?
How do you achieve this without asking questions?
And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message.
They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth

- Acts 17:11

Asking questions stimulates the desire to learn, to correctly know more and to understand matters better
so dont stop just at asking questions, be a Berean,
go further by searching the Bible to check the validity and reliability of the whatever truth is posed you

Proverbs 25:2 paraphrased states:
It is God's privilege to conceal things and it's the king's privilege to question, investigate, search and discover them.

pressplay411:
But I understand, most Xtians fear that questioning the bible is analogous to questioning their faith.
And no one wants to lose the faith they've spent years building
Xtians might harbour fear but believers dont,
for God has given believers not the spirit of fear,
but of power and of love and of a sound mind
(i.e. believers are given sound judgement or wise discretion)

pressplay411:
On this note I posit and submit to the conclusion that no one plugged in to the system wants to be unplugged,
and they'll fight to protect and remain in the system
God so much loved the world (i.e. all humans in the system)
that he gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

You dont want to be plugged into the system, if you know what's good for you

pressplay411:
My focus on Xtianity is because it's the most dominant in this part of the world next to Islam
Seriously? Pull the ''udder'' one.
Try for this once to be honest with yourself nau,
you know if you do venture into the Islam forum to let off steam, the Islam forum wouldnt tolerate you
You'll be scurried out with tail behind legs, bruised and licking wounds

pressplay411:
Also it's the only religion that has been bastardised and commercialised to the point that even Christians don't agree on the doctrines of Christianity
Constantine is to be thanked for the bastardisation of the gospel
and for the perversion of how the early believers' worshiped and reverenced God

pressplay411:
Christianity has birthed over 1000 other religions, churches, synagogues, etc.
With each one professing that it's way is the only way and all else are simply not "Called".
6I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God,
who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ.
You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News
7but is not the Good News at all.
You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

- Galatians 1:6-7

Galatians 1:6-7 lets us know that hin don tay whey the pseudo-gospel yansh don dey for back

pressplay411:
(headache from too much SMH)
Ease up the SMH
The belief in Jesus and in the gospel He preached is stronger
and that is why it manages to bond together all the denominations
than their doctrinal disputes or doctrinal differences would separate them

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by foladara777(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2016
Many Christians don't understand how ridiculous the idea of Trinity is... For example, Jesus said no one knows the time of God second coming including himself except his father... So if Jesus is God, that means he knew and did not know the time of his second coming at the same time.
When he was on the cross and said, his father had forsaken him, he was talking to himself and when he gave thanks to his father before sharing bread, he was thanking himself??
If this is not lunacy, I don't know what is

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by foladara777(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.
Keep on seeking, and you will find.
Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you

- Matthew 7:7

The Xtians can speak for themselves
but this much I know about believers aka saints, aka the called out ones, aka beloved is that
they arent programmed to think that questioning the bible is sacrilegious.

And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message.
They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth

- Acts 17:11

Asking questions stimulates the desire to learn, to correctly know more and to understand matters better
so dont stop just at asking questions, be a Berean,
go further by searching the Bible to check the validity and reliability of the whatever truth is posed you

Proverbs 25:2 paraphrased states:
It is God's privilege to conceal things and it's the king's privilege to question, investigate, search and discover them.

Xtians might harbour fear but believers dont,
for God has given believers not the spirit of fear,
but of power and of love and of a sound mind
(i.e. believers are given sound judgement or wise discretion)

God so much loved the world (i.e. all humans in the system)
that he gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

You dont want to be plugged into the system, if you know what's good for you

Seriously? Pull the ''udder'' one.
Try for this once to be honest with yourself nau,
you know if you do venture into the Islam forum to let off steam, the Islam forum wouldnt tolerate you
You'll be scurried out with tail behind legs, bruised and licking wounds

Constantine is to be thanked for the bastardisation of the gospel
and for the perversion of how the early believers' worshiped and reverenced God

6I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God,
who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ.
You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News
7but is not the Good News at all.
You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

- Galatians 1:6-7

Galatians 1:6-7 lets us know that hin don tay whey the pseudo-gospel yansh don dey for back

Ease up the SMH
The belief in Jesus and in the gospel He preached is stronger
and that is why it manages to bond together all the denominations
than their doctrinal disputes or doctrinal differences would separate them
Really?? It's bonds denominations together?? I don't see the bonding... What I see is rivalry between denominations
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by MuttleyLaff: 10:57am On Dec 05, 2016
foladara777:
Many Christians don't understand how ridiculous the idea of Trinity is...
The absurdity of the situation is the pigeonholing God into trinity
God is not limited to 3 persons
because God is ''I AM THAT I AM'', ''I SHALL BE THAT I SHALL'', ''I WILL BE THAT I BE''
so since God is not-known-number-of-persons
God then, is x-persons

Adam, Noah, the patriarchs, the Israelites etcetera didnt know God as a Father
The realisation or knowledge of God being a Father came with the advent of Jesus

Who knows what other person(s), during the passage of time, God will also reveal Himself to be

foladara777:
For example, Jesus said no one knows the time of God second coming including himself except his father...
So if Jesus is God, that means he knew and did not know the time of his second coming at the same time
According to prevailing Jewish customs of the biblical times, it is the groom's father that gives the wedding date not the bridegroom
The bridegroom goes along with the date set by the father,
this is why Jesus as God the Son, doesnt know the time the Son, the Bridegroom will be coming for His bride

foladara777:
When he was on the cross and said, his father had forsaken him, he was talking to himself and when he gave thanks to his father before sharing bread, he was thanking himself??
On any particular day(s), it is not hard nor impossible for God to be in two places at the same time
God is in Heaven, as God the Father, and on earth as God the Son when those moments transpired

foladara777:
If this is not lunacy, I don't know what is
If Aisha should ask Buhari questions relating to the government or about the public affairs of the country,
since it isnt a conjugal question asked, Buhari might reply only the president knows
Buhari, the married and Buhari, the president are the same person
but each in their different, unique and peculiar positions dont necessarily have the capacity to give answers for each other
They dont necessarily answer for each other or have answers on behalf of the other
There are some matters Buhari, the married can divulge
but Buhari, the president cannot or is unable to divulge

Its easier to exaggerate and label as lunacy anything not properly understood

foladara777:
Really?? It's bonds denominations together?? I don't see the bonding...
What I see is rivalry between denominations
The common theme of belief in Jesus and the true gospel preached is the bond
Preaching and teaching about Jesus and the true gospel bonds more than any differences that separates

If rivalries indeed, be reassured that some who are last will be first, and some who are first will be last.
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by foladara777(m): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
The absurdity of the situation is the pigeonholing God into trinity
God is not limited to 3 persons
because God is ''I AM THAT I AM'', ''I SHALL BE THAT I SHALL'', ''I WILL BE THAT I BE''
so since God is not-known-number-of-persons
God then, is x-persons

Adam, Noah, the patriarchs, the Israelites etcetera didnt know God as a Father
The realisation or knowledge of God being a Father came with the advent of Jesus

Who knows what other person(s), during the passage of time, God will also reveal Himself to be

According to prevailing Jewish customs of the biblical times, it is the groom's father that gives the wedding date not the bridegroom
The bridegroom goes along with the date set by the father,
this is why Jesus as God the Son, doesnt know the time the Son, the Bridegroom will be coming for His bride

On any particular day(s), it is not hard nor impossible for God to be in two places at the same time
God is in Heaven, as God the Father, and on earth as God the Son when those moments transpired

If Aisha should ask Buhari questions relating to the government or about the public affairs of the country,
since it isnt a conjugal question asked, Buhari might reply only the president knows
Buhari, the married and Buhari, the president are the same person
but each in their different, unique and peculiar positions dont necessarily have the capacity to give answers for each other
They dont necessarily answer for each other or have answers on behalf of the other
There are some matters Buhari, the married can divulge
but Buhari, the president cannot or is unable to divulge

Its easier to exaggerate and label as lunacy anything not properly understood

The common theme of belief in Jesus and the true gospel preached is the bond
Preaching and teaching about Jesus and the true gospel bonds more than any differences that separates

If rivalries indeed, be reassured that some who are last will be first, and some who are first will be last.

So the groom's father gives the date and the groom himself does not know the date?? Your analogy to Jewish wedding customs is dead on arrival
And the Buhari analogy is also inconsistent with the Jesus- God brouhaha... If Aisha asks a question about the government from Buhari, Buhari might choose not to answer but if he says he does not know, then he is lying... He knows... So it's either Jesus is an entirely different person from God or he was lying when he said that he does not know but his father knows.
... And exactly what is the true gospel preached... Is it r deeper life version that claims wearing trouser is a sin or the Christ embassy's that says it's not about physical appearance??

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by Niflheim(m): 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
@OP,

You forgot these ones................

1.Angels will protect you but bodyguards must protect pastor!!!

2.Jerusalem is a Holy land(although there are brothels operating there, plus a sewage systems filled with piss and shit)!!!

3.Carnal minded men are too materialistic(after collecting offering 4 times and collecting money for private universities and ordering church members to get you wonderful gifts for your birthday)!!!

4.Ikebe Super is not a moral book, it should be taken out of all school premises(but the bible which talks about rape and "breast size" is okay)!!!
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by ScienceWatch: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro there is no verified miracle on earth...

Tb Joshua is a big scam and watching Emmanuel tv its just too obvious. .
Hi Mrvitalis, While thinking of a decent response to your comment, we tried to verify you.

I could not verify your existence, Mr.Vitalis therefore you do not exist ! This made me suspicious. Are your a SCAMMER ?

Meanwhile, we will make time for the massive enlightened Nairaland readership here:

The evidence of creation is not hard to find. The mind-blowing evidence for CREATION is put in its simplest form in John 14:12.
Dishonest, ambitious scientists and fake pastors earn a living by shoving insane ideas into the laps of the masses who usually have no way to verify the trash.

Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists in John 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater WORKS than these shall you do; because I go unto my Father.

You can know a true pastor, minister, evangelist by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff. Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches.

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?

They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”
[b]Jesus say clearly [/b]in these biblical refs that these WORKS that he does bear witness that the Father has sent him.
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by ScienceWatch: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
pressplay411:

By Works you mean Miracles, Just out of curiosity have you or someone close to you ever experienced a direct miracle from a MOG? And please don't tell me Waking up everyday is itself a Miracle, please just don't.
Hi Pressplay411, The meaning of the word "WORKS"
is not mine. Are you psychic ? That is exactly what i wanted to tell you. Thanks!

I see your curiosity also reveal that in this world of miracles you, sadly have never experienced or seen any miracles.
Be warned : It is easy to go wrong when trying to find answers to these things The best, fool proof way is to find a church where there are constant personal testimonies of change that is beyond scientific logic.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches.

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?

They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same. Jesus says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”

Now the world finally have a free education channel 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Emmanuel TV demonstrating true scientifically verifiable evidence and the deeper meaning of John 14:12
Re: Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion by lepasharon(f): 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hell awaits you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Established A Communication Channel With Alternate Realm On Q&A. / 3.25 Billion People Watching Pastor Chris? / Is Satan Genuinely Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.