Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? (3089 Views)

Caption This Photo Of A Lastma & Police In Serious Fight / One Civil Servant Collects 20 Salaries - Finance Minister / Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Ournaija: 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2009
I was lucky to go home yesterday in one of the commercial buses in Lagos. Incidentally, a LASTMA official wanted to enter same bus. The conductor practically pushed him out of the bus while the driver applaud him for a job well done. Curiously I asked him why. He said Police better pass them because LASTMAN no dey collect small bribe,then bribe start from 5k while Police men fit manage =N=100.00 or =N=200.00.

Now my question is between LASTMA and Police; who collects the heaviest bribe?
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
LATSMA does not collect bribe, they rob you. I am a living witness to that.
My case happened about 3 years ago somewhere around lagos. When they blocked my way, i mistook them for robbers even though they told me that they were from the LATSMA. They searched my pocket, took my last N1,000 and fled the area.
After the daylight robbery, i was so disappointed at the onlookers who were watching me got robbed only to come and tell me that those guys were really from LATSMA.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by schal: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2009
True talk. LASTMA men are worst than robbers. They lay armbush in strategic point praying for someone to enter their net. If you mistakingly take a one way or something like that instead of redirecting you, they will make sure they collects your last penny.This men are richer than you can imagine. They collect the heaviest bribe than any other government agency can collect. They are wicked, they are corrupt and greedy
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

My case happened about 3 years ago somewhere around lagos. When they blocked my way, i mistook them for robbers even though they told me that they were from the LATSMA. They searched my pocket, took my last N1,000 and fled the area.
After the daylight robbery, i was so disappointed at the onlookers who were watching me got robbed only to come and tell me that those guys were really from LATSMA.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

u no face them as a brave nigerian grin

even though they didn't have guns

ah nuzo, am disappointed - you refused to fight for your rights
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2009
oyb:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

u no face them as a brave nigerian grin

even though they didn't have guns

ah nuzo, am disappointed - you refused to fight for your rights

Common oyb, how could i have known that they were not armed? Besides, anybody who experienced what transpired that morning would never have imagined that those crooks were part of the security operatives. I just couldn't figure out what was going on as the whole robbery took place within 5 minutes.
There were five and the only quiet one among them was wearing their uniform.

The funny thing was that almost the whole neighborhood came sympathizing with me. grin
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by debosky(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

Common oyb, how could i have known that they were not armed? Besides, anybody who experienced what transpired that morning would never have imagined that those crooks were part of the security operatives. I just couldn't figure out what was going on as the whole robbery took place within 5 minutes.
There were five and the only quiet one among them was wearing their uniform.

The funny thing was the almost the whole neighborhood came sympathizing with me. grin
Yeye man. cheesy

Na so so mouth you get. You no fit face LASTMA wey no get gun you wan face police? grin grin

Yeye citizen. I'm sure you no get your papers at all. grin
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

roflmao!!! angry grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2009
debosky:

Yeye man.  cheesy

Na so so mouth you get. You no fit face LASTMA wey no get gun you wan face police?  grin grin

Yeye citizen. I'm sure you no get your papers at all.  grin

U no wan go siddon for one corner mr grammar, fake nigerian like you. tongue

On a more serious note, the whole of lagos would have heard us had i known they were security operatives of any kind. I returned there that evening and the next morning to confront them only to meet another set of robbers.

U no know me ooo. cool
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by toosoon(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2009
Police dey use arms and ammunition dey collect bribe but LASTMA dey use man-power dey collect bribe!!! so judge them urself with this example grin grin grin
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Sauron1: 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2009
Ournaija:

I was lucky to go home yesterday in one of the commercial buses in Lagos. Incidentally, a LASTMA official wanted to enter same bus. The conductor practically pushed him out of the bus while the driver applaud him for a job well done. Curiously I asked him why. He said Police better pass them because LASTMAN no dey collect small bribe,then bribe start from 5k while Police men fit manage =N=100.00 or =N=200.00.

Now my question is between LASTMA and Police; who collects the heaviest bribe?

POLICE!!!!!
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by MrCrackles(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2009
The muthafucking POLICE

Bribery traits and twines are embedded in thier genes
! grin
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by toosoon(m): 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2009
nuzo:

U no wan go siddon for one corner mr grammar, fake nigerian like you. tongue

On a more serious note, the whole of lagos would have heard us had i known they were security operatives of any kind. I returned there that evening and the next morning to confront them only to meet another set of robbers.

U no know me ooo. cool

You could have confront and over power them, so that they will provide the ones that robbed you grin grin grin how are we sure they even collected N1,000 from you, maybe his 100 naira sef cheesy embarassed
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2009
too_soon:

You could have confront and over power them, so that they will provide the ones that robbed you grin grin grin how are we sure they even collected N1,000 from you, maybe his 100 naira sef cheesy embarassed

I did ask questions about the guys that robbed me but what do you expect from a fellow robber in the same gang? They denied.
If you live in Lagos, nobody will tell you the kind of bribery LATSMA collect.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by cvibe: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2009
Which kain question be this? Do you still see area boys in Lagos anymore? Are you not aware that they have all been employed by LASTMA?
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2009
YES! :LASTMA dem BE OLOBUSHAN!

Our vehicle particulars expired a day before we were stopped. Thou we have paid for renewal. Acorrding to LATSMA rules & regulations you are granted 1 month permission after your paper expire to renew before penalization.

This motherfucker LASTMA held us for more than 1 hr, Talking rubbish! Later drove the car into their park. After lots of hassle. They told us to pay 1,500Naira and if not we are not moving the vehicle away from their premises! and renewal is just 4,000 Naira.

Reason for the extortion: paying because the car has been parked in their sorrounding, gate man that open the Gate, and shits! kia! my head wan scatter that day! After the man received the money! he lied to other thats that its only 500 Naira! cheesy
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by UNLEASHED(m): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2009
Dem be the same!
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by aieromon(m): 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2009
the real question should be "which security agency doesn't collect bribe"?
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by showbobo(m): 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
Chei, You People have really suffered from the hands of these miscreants ooo. . . . I have a strategy that works sha whenever i get caught. . . . Look around their neck/wrist/ for any tag or so with any club emblem. . . Most of them are touts so they support chelsea. . . . so just play along and act like a chelski fan as well. . . .It works for me sha grin grin grin
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by cvibe: 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
Faakay,

What does LASTMA mean? I guess they picked on your ignorance.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2009
Who is a LASTMA? undecided
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by bawomolo(m): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2009
i believe lagos state traffic management authority. Just one of the numerous organizations in the over sized public workforce of Lagos state.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 19, 2009
actually, to be honest when they are not sticking up motorists they do a pretty good job - theres now sanity between marina and VI. used to be a major nightmare
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by mekay(m): 12:09am On Feb 20, 2009
The truth is that LASTMA has been empowered so much in Lagos that they see themselves as semi-god. They lack proper orientation and the drive to excel is very low. They are rot with too much corruption more than the Police in traffic regulation.
LASTMA needs to be re-organised with intellectuals and not morons.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by showbobo(m): 4:32am On Feb 20, 2009
cvibe:

Faakay,

What does LASTMA mean? I guess they picked on your ignorance.
HeatFusion:

Who is a LASTMA? undecided
I guess LASTMA stands for LAGOS STATE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION . . . They are in charge of traffic controlling/robbery/extortion anyway tongue
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Ejike3: 5:22am On Feb 20, 2009
LASTMAN do not collect bribe only when you offend. I was in a bus one day heading towards Obalande and a police man was their too, they double crossed tried to arrest the driver and the vehicle. When the police asked what the matter is, they told him that they have been looking for the vehicle for knocking down okada a week before. When asked the vehicle number, the LASTMA could not give it off hand. That is what saved the driver that day cos they were ready to tow the vehicle that morning.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by coolboy100(m): 6:09am On Feb 20, 2009
i believe the so call LASTMA or what are robbers the goverment want to keep off from robbing,so there introduce this, that is my own opinion
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by ayoola22: 6:47am On Feb 20, 2009
Lastma and the rest collects bribe cos of the police.

If Lastma knows that the police will arrest him for bribe he will not, or maybe they are collecting more because they still needs to bribe the police, lol
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by adexchamp(m): 7:58am On Feb 20, 2009
Both LASTMA and the Government that started the organisation are all thieves,i think LASTMA is another way the Lagos State Government is using to extort money from we Lagosians, though there are good ones there but the good ones are fewer than the bad ones.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Truequest(m): 8:00am On Feb 20, 2009
Ejike3:

LASTMAN do not collect bribe only when you offend. I was in a bus one day heading towards Obalande and a police man was their too, they double crossed tried to arrest the driver and the vehicle. When the police asked what the matter is, they told him that they have been looking for the vehicle for knocking down okada a week before. When asked the vehicle number, the LASTMA could not give it off hand. That is what saved the driver that day cos they were ready to tow the vehicle that morning.

What a shocker, a vehicle they've been looking for, for a week and yet they can't give the vehicle no. off hand. This daylight robbery should be checked.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by otukpo(f): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2009
@ poster
LASTMA of course.
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by ausbones(m): 8:13am On Feb 20, 2009
Lagos State Transport Management Authority(LASTMA)
Re: Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? by Marymos: 9:25am On Feb 20, 2009
I think LAST MA collect heavier bribe than police but they can only harass you when u are found wanting or go against traffic rules.They don't actually force people to give them bribe but they'll give you two options:u either settle them or pay the official penalty.In the case of police,whether you are found wanting or not,they want to collect bribe from you which make theirs more pathetic.With courage and boldness one can always confront LAST MA when u are on Ur right anyday and anytime but never try it with the police.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Lagos - Episode 3 ( Thursday 29nd April , 21.00PM ) BBC 1 / Don’t Drag Us Into Break-up Debate, Kogi, Kwara Leaders Tell North / Africans Need To Stop Being So Selfish Or You Will Be Exterminated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.