Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? (782 Views)

This Guy First Took Permission From His Fianceeā€™s Daughter Before Proposing / Wow This Lady Is Proposing To Her Man. So Sweet! / Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
I have read about people throwing parties when they want to propose to ladies. The question I do ask, if the proposal takes the girl unaware, what if she says "no" after guy kneels, thrusts the engagement ring in the presence everybody? If the guys tells the girls before hand, and she accepts, is throwing the party necessary? I once read of a girl on this forum, whom after accepting to marry a guy, told him to throw a dinner where her family and that of the guy would be present, to make it "romantic." What is wrong in a guy proposing in a quiet place, his house or on the phone with a girl he has been in a relationship?
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by ronald4lif(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Not essential. The way one proposes or how large the wedding turns out to be is irrelevant, provided she says yes to the proposal and they both live peacefully.
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by Deefuray(f): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
It isn't actually. That's the norm these days tho
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
v
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by Dotwillis1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
Matter of choice
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by elantraceey(f): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
For me its not, let the marriage speak not engagement.

1 Like

Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by Sexxkillz: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
I'm surprised this was considered a topic.
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by MEGGATRON(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Sexxkillz:
I'm surprised this was considered a topic.

LOL sexxkillz----- nice signature
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
It looks absurd for a guy to kneel before a girl, not because he offended her and is appologizing, but because he wants her to marry him. If I offend my woman, I may kneel to beg her, not to propose.
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by robosky02(m): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
elantraceey:
For me its not, let the marriage speak not engagement.

it come down to personal choice......

some like it hot............. haalet everyon know

or

just cool .............take it slow

elantraceey
i know thats the way you like things
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by elantraceey(f): 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
robosky02:

it come down to personal choice......

some like it hot............. haalet everyon know

or

just cool .............take it slow

elantraceey
i know thats the way you like things

Yea, I love simplicity, no need for all those publicity stunts, just a romantic dinner for us only will do.
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by MarryMeee: 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
Anything that is not on the phone is fine
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by robosky02(m): 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
elantraceey:

Yea, I love simplicit, just a romantic dinner for us only will do.

hmm that will be nice
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
I don't even think am gonna throw any dinner for wedding,not to talk of engagement grin...
Re: Is It Essential For A Guy To Throw A Party Or Involve People When Proposing? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
elantraceey:

Yea, I love simplicity, no need for all those publicity stunts, just a romantic dinner for us only will do.
To what extent would a guy have been in a relationship with a girl that would give him the confidence that his proposal won't be turned down at the dinner?

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Insults Don Jazzy / Tips For A Successful Marriage / We Are Both Christians Yet Religion Is Stopping Our Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.