Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? (6970 Views)

"Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man / Lagos Man Pretends To Be Dead In An Accident Only To Rise And Propose To His GF / Wow This Lady Is Proposing To Her Man. So Sweet! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by agarawu23(m): 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
OK this topic is on FP already https://www.nairaland.com/2513215/comedian-akpororo-proposes-girlfriend-during

and my comment there says "if I knee down propose to a girl, make I bend"
I get mentions from different PPl.

now to you guys, can't you do your proposing without kneeling down?

must you kneel down?

why is kneeling down a must?

what's the meaning?

are you kneeling down cos you see other guys doing it?

where is it written in the Bible/Quran for guys to kneel down when proposing to a Lady?

will kneeling down make the girl accept you because I don't understand it yet angry

to the ladies, so if your guy propose to you without kneeling down, you won't say yes? undecided

ladies what will you gain in the kneeling when you will later end up with beating in his house when you marry him?
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by ladyF(f): 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
You have to.

Just shows ure willing to swallow ur pride for her. That's probably the only time u will kneel down for her in ur entire life. So YES. The guy must kneel, he fit lie down sef grin, na once in a lifetime tin

[size=20pt]LadyF [/size] is here grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by charlito94(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
HV been anxious to ask this question also pls ladies ansa
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by misspicy(f): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
Yes na...you af to be humble while requesting for her to leave her family,drop her last name,come bear u children and in d process loosing her beautiful body,practically become your servant by cooking,washing and doing all sort of house chores....you dnt ask for all dis things on ur feet,or sitting or lying down,u kneel as a sign of respect

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
It's like a tradition.
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by powerfulsettingz: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
I never plan to and am not gonna do dat except if she's ********daughter
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by MYtionary: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
O
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by vizkiz: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
firstEVA:
It's like a tradition.

what freagging tradition?
Its cuz you ladies watch too many telemondos undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by Teeboy22(m): 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
teeboy22 is typing.....

undecided lipsrsealed

If u ask me na who i go ask

*spreads mat* singing

Omo anifowose Omo anifo Iru ki le yi Omo
anifowose Omo anifo Iru ki le yi Omo anifowose
Won mu ewure dudu Won mu re igbo ifa Omo
anifowose Won m’aguntan bolojo Won mu re ile
osun Omo anifowose Osun o gba aguntan Ema se
gba emi mi Omo anifowose Eni ti o le se bi alaaru l’oyingbo ko le se bi adegboro l’oja oba

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by agarawu23(m): 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
firstEVA:
It's like a tradition.
African tradition ? explain further miss.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by chudidonas(m): 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
I will lie down to propose to my queen jare grin
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by agarawu23(m): 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
misspicy:
Yes na...you af to be humble while requesting for her to leave her family,drop her last name,come bear u children and in d process loosing her beautiful body,practically become your servant by cooking,washing and doing all sort of house chores....you dnt ask for all dis things on ur feet,or sitting or lying down,u kneel as a sign of respect
don't forget I am paying her families too and I work hard to get that money I am paying.

anyway only young ladies like you will be demanding that, oldies don't care if you stand or sit.

respect my foot undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by ladyF(f): 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
chudidonas:
I will lie down to propose to my queen jare grin
see beta person jare grin

1 Like

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by agarawu23(m): 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:
You have to.

Just shows ure willing to swallow ur pride for her. That's probably the only time u will kneel down for her in ur entire life. So YES. The guy must kneel, he fit lie down sef grin, na once in a lifetime tin
why is it a must?
if I don't kneel down, does it mean I am proud?

will the lady I marry without kneeing down different from the other?
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by charlito94(m): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:
You have to.

Hmmm girls n pride. She Maa no dey propose or kneel too

Or is it a custom or wat to kneel
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kneeling down is just more romantic and surprising. And if you love her, kneeling down won't be your problem but getting her to say yes smiley
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by ladyF(f): 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
agarawu23:
why is it a must?
if I don't knee down, does it mean I am proud?

will the lady I marry without kneeing down different from the other?
in a way it says a lot about u, if u ask me....like u have some terrible ego issues. Some ladies will interpret it as you saying *why should I kneel down for this one, who is she?*
To me there's nothing there kneeling to propose, if u love her so much it shouldn't even be a topic to argue about.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by charlito94(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
Crystal5:
Kneeling down is just more romantic and surprising. And if you love her, kneeling down won't be your problem but getting her to say yes smiley

Dats were d problem is (Yes) DAT word hmm na den u go no no whether she like u for pocket or side flaunting guy especially wen d yes takes long to say

Especially wen na flirt
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by misspicy(f): 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
agarawu23:
don't forget I am paying her families too and I work hard to get that money I am paying.

anyway only young ladies like you will be demanding that, oldies don't care if you stand or sit.

respect my foot undecided

Its not compulsory to kneel down buh its romantic and most girls love it...i just dey pity d unlucky girl wey go fall for ur hand,well as u say na ur mama mate u go marrytongue
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by Shebarh(f): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
You are begging her to say yes to u. .ah don't see anything wrong with dat smiley
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by ladyF(f): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
charlito94:

Hmmm girls n pride. She Maa no dey propose or kneel too

Or is it a custom or wat to kneel
lol if she is proposing she will kneel too na, it's a 2way thing
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by chudidonas(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:

see beta person jare grin

Abi? Una go like am wella.. Lol grin
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by ladyF(f): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
chudidonas:

Abi? Una go like am wella.. Lol grin
of course hehehe grin
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by agarawu23(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:

in a way it says a lot about u, if u ask me....like u have some terrible ego issues. Some ladies will interpret it as you saying *why should I kneel down for this one, who is she?*
To me there's nothing there kneeling to propose, if u love her so much it shouldn't even be a topic to argue about.
what's love gat to do with my kneels on the ground when proposing to you? so if I am on seat I don't love abi?

misspicy:

Its not compulsory to kneel down buh its romantic and most girls love it...i just dey pity d unlucky girl wey go fall for ur hand,well as u say na ur mama mate u go marrytongue
noting is romantic there miss, if kneeling is the the only option left for me to be romantic, I will rather kneel for my mum.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
Personally, I don't consider it necessary. Either way, its in your best interest to know what's preferred and what's expected.
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Kneeling is just a sign of respect,aga you are nt just romantic(no offence)
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by heayey(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
i think its normal but its not compulsory
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by ladyF(f): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
agarawu23:
what's love gat to do with my kneels on the ground when proposing to you? so if I am on sit, I don't love abi?

noting is romantic there miss, if kneeling is the the only option left for me to be romantic, I will rather kneel for my mum.
lol make una no mind aga. I'm sure when the time comes, love will have him smitten. ... grin
Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by jrerico1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
Shebarh:
You are begging her to say yes to u. .ah don't see anything wrong with dat smiley
which begging?? In a couple years time she'll be the one begging

2 Likes

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by agarawu23(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Kneeling is just a sign of respect,aga you are nt just romantic(no offence)
respect my foot undecided it's not a matter of romantic or not, it's a thing that shouldn't be a must.....

Shebarh:
she should accept the begging while I am on my sit not until I kneel down. if she doesn't accept my proposal cos I didn't kneel down, more years is adding to her age and she will be the one begging for marriage and this time around, you the guy will just put the ring on the table or in her pocket. kneeling isn't necessary and it doesn't show the guys isn't romantic or loving.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? by charlito94(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
So weres d most proper place to engage a lady n wen is it appropriate in a relationship to do so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Categories Of Ladies In Romance Section Of Nairaland / What Are U Doin Ryt Now? / OMG: See What This Lady Wore Into The Exam Hall In KADPOLY! [must See]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.