Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year (43363 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by CoolBigSam(m): 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
lastpage:

Dont be baffled!

It is called "Herd Mentality".

have you ever seen a hundred sheep being driven along by a small Fulani Boy with a small stick?
Did you ever wonder why all the Sheep still "follow" his command?

All the Boy has to do, is pay attention to the "Alpha Sheep" and all others (Herd) will FOLLOW that other Sheep! grin grin grin

Ibos have that mentality mostly. wink
Yorubas generally always "tackle" each other! grin

Lastpage!
Herd mentality indeed! Albeit, I reason with that. What else could possibly explain it!
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by walerule(m): 3:26am On Jun 12, 2015
muzzafar:
Yes let youroba enjoy their oil wells let Biafra be now why are they trying to stop Biafra? Cant youruba leave Biafra and enjoy their oil alone? Why do they always want to fight us?
we should let biaffra be ND ur fada are still selling plots of land just to com Lagos,my brother wake up its 3am
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Saurab: 3:32am On Jun 12, 2015
buchilino:

guy seriously r u comparing oil at d Niger delta with oil in Canada?. look at Iraq, Libya, Venezuela, Indonesia etc. in fact lets take a good look at south Sudan. these r countries dat have d same amount of oil Nigeria has, n u will c wat oil has done 2 them
Why won't I compare? Do we have more oil and gas than Canada?
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Mckennedy: 7:03am On Jun 12, 2015
agabusta:
Lagos oilfield to begin production this year

With the award of a rig contract to carry out the drilling and completion programme for the Aje shallow-water field offshore Lagos, the first oil production is expected to begin in the state by December this year.

The operator of the Oil Mining Lease 113 has, on behalf of the joint venture partners, entered into a rig contract with Saipem for the Scarabeo 3 drilling rig to carry out the drilling and completion programme for the Aje Field Cenomanian oil development, Panoro Energy said in a statement on Monday.

The joint venture partners led by Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited (the operator) had in October last year taken the final investment decision to develop the first phase of the Aje field.

According to the statement, the Scarabeo 3 rig is a semi-submersible rig currently stationed offshore Lagos. The rig will be moved 18 nautical miles to the Aje drilling location and will be used to carry out well operations for the first phase of the Aje Cenomanian Oil field development that includes two subsea production wells.

It said the well operations would comprise the completion of the existing Aje-4 well as a production well, and the drilling and completion of a new well, Aje-5, which would be drilled to the Aje-2 subsurface location.

The Aje-2 well is said to have demonstrated high reservoir productivity in a Cenomanian production test conducted in 1997, flowing approximately 3,700 barrels of oil per day of 41˚API oil under suboptimal well conditions.

Well operations are expected to commence in early third quarter of 2015 and are likely to take approximately 90 days to complete, according to the statement.

It stated that once well operations had been completed, subsea equipment would be installed and the wells would be tied back to the Front Puffin floating, production, storage and offloading vessel, currently undergoing refurbishment in Singapore.

The Chief Executive Officer, Panoro Energy, Mr. John Hamilton, was quoted in the statement as saying, “Panoro is very pleased to be entering into the rig contract for the drilling and completion of the Aje development wells. We have been able to achieve a lower rig rate than was expected when the Final Investment Decision was made in October 2014.

“With well operations expected to commence in the next few weeks, we will continue moving towards our incremental growth strategy of converting Panoro’s discovered resource base into commercial production and generating positive cash flow in 2016.”

Aje is an offshore field located in the western part of Nigeria in the Dahomey Basin at the border with Benin Republic, with the first oil targeted for December 2015, the statement said.

The field is situated in water depths ranging from 100 to 1,000 metres about 24 kilometres from the coast. The field contains hydrocarbon resources in sandstone reservoirs in three main levels – a Turonian gas condensate reservoir, a Cenomanian oil reservoir and an Albian gas condensate reservoir.

Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company is the operator, with 25 per cent interest in the field. The partners are Vitol, First Hydrocarbons Nigeria Limited, Energy Equity Resources Limited, Panoro Energy ASA and Jacka Resources Limited.

The JV partners had in January 2014 submitted the Field Development Plan for the Aje field to the Department of Petroleum Resources. The FDP was approved in March and is primarily focused on the development of the Cenomanian oil reservoir.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-oilfield-to-begin-production-this-year/

Everyday Lagos yet to join? Thats no news..
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by buchilino(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
Saurab:

Why won't I compare? Do we have more oil and gas than Canada?

do ur research n tell me later ur findings
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Saurab: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
buchilino:

I am asking you the question to clear you of your ignorance.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
buchilino:

Canada has more Oil than Nigeria so does the USA.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2015
olusipimp:

Let's see ur gateman as γ̲̣̣̥ou̶̲̥̅̊ claim,I believe he'll be like one of those ur ojukwu hired to fight biafran war....hungry and skinny,only if γ̲̣̣̥ou̶̲̥̅̊ have....what ma puppy eats is enough for ur whole family a day
nor B you dey that foto so?abi you keep part of you for work?Is that not you dry pimple infested face laying down on a cheap carpet wearing 2nd hand bleached top?.U dey argue with me wey dey live nxt to heaven avenue.like I said b4 ur MB will soon be exhausted.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
At where in South East? Imo State has the smallest quantity of oil reserve in Nigeria, which is even not in commercial quantity. Nigeria has total of 11.63 mmboe x 10 (about 12 billion barrels) of oil reserve, Lagos discovered 856 mmboe that is 0.856 billion barrels. Even in my own town Epe, Lagos State East, there was another discovery of just 91.5 mmboe which is 92 million barrels in reserve and still doing more discovery on the offshore. Several millions of barrels was also discovered in Dahomey, Lagos West. So, I don't know the reason why South East always want to go with South South, they said they are not Igbo or Biafrans, even if Nigeria would disintegrate, i'm 99% sure, Niger Delta won't annex to South East, they would rather be a nation. Please federalism is what we suppose to embrace and see ourselves as one nation.
Rose2014:

It seems you're having comprehension problem and I urge to go back to bed ASAP

Oya read my lips: Igbos have never depended on Nigeria oil since 1914
Most SE states have oil too but we don't depend on it.

Depending only on oil for daily bread is a characteristic of Yor.bas hence I rejoice with them at this news cheesy
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2015

Depending only on oil for daily bread is a characteristic of Yor.bas hence I rejoice with them at this news cheesy[/quote]

At where in South East? Imo State has the smallest quantity of oil reserve in Nigeria, which is even not in commercial quantity. Nigeria has total of 11.63 mmboe x 10 (about 12 billion barrels) of oil reserve, Lagos discovered 856 mmboe that is 0.856 billion barrels. Even in my own town Epe, Lagos State East, there was another discovery of just 91.5 mmboe which is 92 million barrels in reserve and still doing more discovery on the offshore. Several millions of barrels was also discovered in Dahomey, Lagos West. So, I don't know the reason why South East always want to go with South South, they said they are not Igbo or Biafrans, even if Nigeria would disintegrate, i'm 99% sure, Niger Delta won't annex to South East, they would rather be a nation. Please federalism is what we suppose to embrace and see ourselves as one nation. [quote author=Rose2014 post=34574216]
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
At where in South East? Imo State has the smallest quantity of oil reserve in Nigeria, which is even not in commercial quantity. Nigeria has total of 11.63 mmboe x 10 (about 12 billion barrels) of oil reserve, Lagos discovered 856 mmboe that is 0.856 billion barrels. Even in my own town Epe, Lagos State East, there was another discovery of just 91.5 mmboe which is 92 million barrels in reserve and still doing more discovery on the offshore. Several millions of barrels was also discovered in Dahomey, Lagos West. So, I don't know the reason why South East always want to go with South South, they said they are not Igbo or Biafrans, even if Nigeria would disintegrate, i'm 99% sure, Niger Delta won't annex to South East, they would rather be a nation. Please federalism is what we suppose to embrace and see ourselves as one nation.
Rose2014:

Depending only on oil for daily bread is a characteristic of Yor.bas hence I rejoice with them at this news cheesy
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
Rose2014:

[quote author=bukster post=34574350]

That's not true. The SW and SS are the only geopolitical regions that generate more revenue than the allocations they receive. All other regions depend far more on allocations.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
Do you think those spare part dealers at Ladipo pay taxes? Let me tell you something: those commercial bus drivers pay 300% tax of all the Igbo artisans and business owners together pay in Lagos. Its like this: The artisans and Ladipo spare part dealers (shops only) pay N100 per day. They call it "Owo Fashola". The commercial bus drivers pay N200 in the morning, N100 to Lagos State tax + N100 NURTW. N100 in the mid-day and last N100 to work from 4 pm till night. So do the math.

Rose2014:

When u talk about SW you mean Lagos right?
All tribes in Nigeria contribute to Lagos revenue. Yoruba contribution may be insignificant sef

Well except if 'owoda' and 'Agbero' are put into consideration
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2015
Fool! 3700 on one field of over 5 fields in Aje, other fields are still in Dahomey and Epe, in Lagos. Not State. Where is the oil field in Amambra?That field is for Abaji people in Kogi, its not in commercial quantity and its of no use.

radgenez:
See how u are celebrating for a prospected 3700 bpd in a country that produces up to 2million barrels pd(+oil bunkering). Anambra produces up to 50000bpd and are not even recognised as an oil producing state....its ok to dream
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ralphorb(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2015
Thank you o. This people don't know history. They don't know even Bendel State was South West. And also trying to take over Ondo-Ore during the war. If Biafra not greedy, let them announce their sovereignty in their tribal states only without South South. South East should go get Biafra nation.

erico2k2:

get a bit Educated, howmany Biafran state are there i n the Niger Delta??
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by XAUBulls: 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2023
agabusta:
Dangote smart businessman has strategically positioned his proposed refinery in Lagos. With this development now:

-easily he will get his raw material
-large market is already waiting for him viz Lag, other part of Nigeria and the entire West Africa hub.
-Human resources is abundantly available in Lagos.
-port facilities is available in Lagos
-Lagos is relatively peaceful and ideal for business.

With the start of oil production, construction of this refinery, construction of the Ladol oil rig/other heavy metal fabrication yard at Takwa bay, construction of Lekki deep sea port and completion of the Lagos Atlantic City project, Lagos is about to firmly reestablish itself as the unrivalled commercial capital of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by XAUBulls: 6:31pm On Jan 25, 2023
agabusta:
Lagos oilfield to begin production this year

With the award of a rig contract to carry out the drilling and completion programme for the Aje shallow-water field offshore Lagos, the first oil production is expected to begin in the state by December this year.

The operator of the Oil Mining Lease 113 has, on behalf of the joint venture partners, entered into a rig contract with Saipem for the Scarabeo 3 drilling rig to carry out the drilling and completion programme for the Aje Field Cenomanian oil development, Panoro Energy said in a statement on Monday.

The joint venture partners led by Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited (the operator) had in October last year taken the final investment decision to develop the first phase of the Aje field.

According to the statement, the Scarabeo 3 rig is a semi-submersible rig currently stationed offshore Lagos. The rig will be moved 18 nautical miles to the Aje drilling location and will be used to carry out well operations for the first phase of the Aje Cenomanian Oil field development that includes two subsea production wells.

It said the well operations would comprise the completion of the existing Aje-4 well as a production well, and the drilling and completion of a new well, Aje-5, which would be drilled to the Aje-2 subsurface location.

The Aje-2 well is said to have demonstrated high reservoir productivity in a Cenomanian production test conducted in 1997, flowing approximately 3,700 barrels of oil per day of 41˚API oil under suboptimal well conditions.

Well operations are expected to commence in early third quarter of 2015 and are likely to take approximately 90 days to complete, according to the statement.

It stated that once well operations had been completed, subsea equipment would be installed and the wells would be tied back to the Front Puffin floating, production, storage and offloading vessel, currently undergoing refurbishment in Singapore.

The Chief Executive Officer, Panoro Energy, Mr. John Hamilton, was quoted in the statement as saying, “Panoro is very pleased to be entering into the rig contract for the drilling and completion of the Aje development wells. We have been able to achieve a lower rig rate than was expected when the Final Investment Decision was made in October 2014.

“With well operations expected to commence in the next few weeks, we will continue moving towards our incremental growth strategy of converting Panoro’s discovered resource base into commercial production and generating positive cash flow in 2016.”

Aje is an offshore field located in the western part of Nigeria in the Dahomey Basin at the border with Benin Republic, with the first oil targeted for December 2015, the statement said.

The field is situated in water depths ranging from 100 to 1,000 metres about 24 kilometres from the coast. The field contains hydrocarbon resources in sandstone reservoirs in three main levels – a Turonian gas condensate reservoir, a Cenomanian oil reservoir and an Albian gas condensate reservoir.

Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company is the operator, with 25 per cent interest in the field. The partners are Vitol, First Hydrocarbons Nigeria Limited, Energy Equity Resources Limited, Panoro Energy ASA and Jacka Resources Limited.

The JV partners had in January 2014 submitted the Field Development Plan for the Aje field to the Department of Petroleum Resources. The FDP was approved in March and is primarily focused on the development of the Cenomanian oil reservoir.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-oilfield-to-begin-production-this-year/
Bump.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass / Saraki, Dogara And Yari Greeted Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) / Police Detain Senator Abbo Over Alleged Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.