Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year (43397 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by muzzafar(m): 4:44am On Jun 09, 2015
Yes let youroba enjoy their oil wells let Biafra be now why are they trying to stop Biafra? Cant youruba leave Biafra and enjoy their oil alone? Why do they always want to fight us?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by omenka(m): 4:45am On Jun 09, 2015
The ultimate panacea to the perpetual restiveness in the Niger Delta remains the exploration of oil in other parts of the country, just as was said by Senator Bruce.

And with Dangote already positioning his refinery in Lagos, I see a world of much more positive economic news headlines coming from the state, especially as the major players in this episode wouldn't need to deal with all those security upheavals we see in the ND.

When production eventually begins in the North, Nigeria would come full circle in realising her aspirations as regards peace, security and progress.

God help us all.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Rose2014: 4:45am On Jun 09, 2015
muzzafar:
Yes let youroba enjoy their oil wells let Biafra be now why are they trying to stop Biafra? Cant youruba leave Biafra and enjoy their oil alone? Why do they always want to fight us?

That one is A million dollar question grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by omenka(m): 4:46am On Jun 09, 2015
muzzafar:
Exactly what point is this one trying to make. You sound like a kid honestly.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by fulanimafia: 4:51am On Jun 09, 2015
With this investments, it shows that the Lagos oil fields are very economically feasible and must be of a large capacity, unlike those states producing the same drops of oil discovered in my state but hoodwinked the system that was in their favour then, to be included as oil producing state. Anyway thanks to the new PIB bill, we are also oil producing states since any state that produces palm oil, groundout oil (like mine) or a few drops of oil (like mine) is an oil producing state.

Next stop....the Chad Basin.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by muzzafar(m): 4:54am On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Exactly what point is this one trying to make. You sound like a kid honestly.
My idea of a kid is an old man like you who cant understand the eye winked for correction from the one winked for love?
Wether all the other parts of Nigeria including fulani have oil or not WE NEED BIAFRA we are tired of answering the name a white slave owner gave us. You guys can keep all your rescources to yourself we NEED BIAFRA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by modath(f): 4:56am On Jun 09, 2015
Rose2014:

This comment just proves how scared you've been about secession. Take away oil, your daily bread is gone cheesy

I usually don't respond to foolishness like this but I'll humour you just this once.

Go and join a comedy troupe cos that's where you belong.... My initial comment was made in jest, let me be serious;

Scared of who ? Your people have tried it once & are still counting the losses, you can play around as much as you want,just restrict your issues to the internet, radio & diaspora agitations as you have been doing & we will continue to humour you.

Y'all aint going nowhere... grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by muzzafar(m): 4:59am On Jun 09, 2015
modath:

Y'all aint going nowhere... grin
Remember pharoe and the sea?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by anonimi: 5:04am On Jun 09, 2015
agabusta:
Lagos oilfield to begin production this year

With the award of a rig contract to carry out the drilling and completion programme for the Aje shallow-water field offshore Lagos, the first oil production is expected to begin in the state by December this year.
According to the statement, the Scarabeo 3 rig is a semi-submersible rig currently stationed offshore Lagos. The rig will be moved 18 nautical miles to the Aje drilling location and will be used to carry out well operations for the first phase of the Aje Cenomanian Oil field development that includes two subsea production wells./

- What is the current rule/law for onshore-offshore dichotomy?

- Has that rule changed or will it change solely for Lagos?
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by anonimi: 5:17am On Jun 09, 2015
ifeness:
now turn Lagos into a mega city. So proud of my state,hope to visit there soon.

Do Lagosians, Nigerians, BLACK people have the education & technology to

- know of the existence of crude oil or any other mineral for that matter?

- drill, exploit & extract the natural resource

- use, refine & consume totally the crude oil or natural resource?

These are relevant issues REASONABLE people will ponder about as you DON'T need oil revenues to build a 'mega city' of stark ILLITERATES who can produce NOTHING on their own but depend on the exercised brains of our longer nosed fellow homo sapiens like eternal underdogs and BEGGARS!

Was London, New York, Geneva, Stockholm, Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing etc built on oil money or rather the CREATIVE power of brains that are constantly put to work by all citizens

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by oluks05: 5:25am On Jun 09, 2015
Rose2014:

There is also high presence of other tribes in Nigeria in Ibadan for example. I'm talking of average Yoruba man contribution to Nigeria GDP growth

Pls stop speaking ignorantly cocoa is the largest non oil foreign exchange earner for this country and yes it is mainly contributed by the "average Yoruba man" many of whom are even in the rural areas

nigerianobservernews.com/09042014/09042014/features/features1.html#.VXZqFutw2gg

cancocoa.org/president-speech.html

www.post-nigeria.com/nigeria-hits-cocoa-export-high-of-n131bn/

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by modath(f): 5:27am On Jun 09, 2015
muzzafar:

Remember pharoe and the sea?

Quit playing, you people are neither jews nor a specially persecuted tribe.. You are black Africans with delusions of grandeur.

And it's spelt Pharoah.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Rawani: 5:41am On Jun 09, 2015
anonimi:

Do Lagosians, Nigerians, BLACK people have the education & technology to

- know of the existence of crude oil or any other mineral for that matter?

- drill, exploit & extract the natural resource

- use, refine & consume totally the crude oil or natural resource?

These are relevant issues REASONABLE people will ponder about as you DON'T need oil revenues to build a 'mega city' of stark ILLITERATES who can produce NOTHING on their own but depend on the exercised brains of our longer nosed fellow homo sapiens like eternal underdogs and BEGGARS!

Was London, New York, Geneva, Stockholm, Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing etc built on oil money or rather the CREATIVE power of brains that are constantly put to work by all citizens

At the University of Coventry, England, over 50% of the module tutors and academic staff of the department of Oil & Gas Management are Nigerians, so much so that there are whispers of complaints about our accent from the foreign students. The same applies in the University of Aberdeen, one of the best schools for Oil and Gas Engineering in the World. I would advise you to rise above this inferiority complex and maximize your potential as that statement you made was beyond mildly nauseating. The melanin content of your skin has nothing to do with the functioning of your brain.

Take a peep at Dr. Lateef Akanji, (PhD, DIC, CEng, MEI Chartered Petroleum).

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/engineering/people/profiles/l.akanji

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by bukster(f): 6:02am On Jun 09, 2015
Rose2014:

There is also high presence of other tribes in Nigeria in Ibadan for example. I'm talking of average Yoruba man contribution to Nigeria GDP growth

SS
$75B

SW
$79B
SW without Lagos
$45B

SE
$37B

NC
$30B
NC + FCT
$35B

NW
$44B

NE
$22B
source: http://services.gov.ng/states

Niger is the state with the lowest poverty rate which is 33.8%. It was followed by Osun (37.9%) and Ondo (45.7%).

Bayelsa (47%) and Lagos (48.6%) have less than 50% poverty rate.

The average poverty rate in the Northwest geopolitical zone is 71.4%, which remained the highest in the said area.

It is followed by the Northeast region which has 69.1% and the North central region which has 60.7%.

Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%).
source: http://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

The SW does well in both statistical data and is probably the region that is trying the hardest to reduce its dependence of oil. If the Yorubas contributed so little to SW GDP, why can't other tribes replicate the SW development in their own states? Why is it that 4 Yorubas are in the top ten richest Nigerian list when Yorubas only make up 21% of the population?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Udmaster(m): 6:06am On Jun 09, 2015
It is a FAT LIE.. There is NO CRUDE OIL in Lagos State.. Stop deceiving yourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by radgenez: 6:13am On Jun 09, 2015
See how u are celebrating for a prospected 3700 bpd in a country that produces up to 2million barrels pd(+oil bunkering). Anambra produces up to 50000bpd and are not even recognised as an oil producing state....its ok to dream

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Dollyak(f): 6:21am On Jun 09, 2015
The day we start celebrating the production of technological products will be a great moments in our history. Technology contributes far more to the economy than oil and gas or any other natural resources.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by anonimi: 6:40am On Jun 09, 2015
Rawani:

At the University of Coventry, England, over 50% of the module tutors and academic staff of the department of Oil & Gas Management are Nigerians, so much so that there are whispers of complaints about our accent from the foreign students. The same applies in the University of Aberdeen, one of the best schools for Oil and Gas Engineering in the World. I would advise you to rise above this inferiority complex and maximize your potential as that statement you made was beyond mildly nauseating. The melanin content of your skin has nothing to do with the functioning of your brain.

Take a peep at Dr. Lateef Akanji, (PhD, DIC, CEng, MEI Chartered Petroleum).

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/engineering/people/profiles/l.akanji

I agree with you that we black people are EQUALLY endowed with intelligence as the pale skinned people. However we do NOT use our brains to the extent they use theirs. In short we are mentally LAZY.

BTW, would you know why your examples are universities in the UK and not Nigeria

You may need to read & understand about the phrase- critical mass.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Candyrain(m): 6:45am On Jun 09, 2015
Rose2014:
I hope so
You are really a nightmare to this people grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Rawani: 6:45am On Jun 09, 2015
anonimi:

[s]I agree with you that we black people are EQUALLY endowed with intelligence as the pale skinned people. However we do NOT use our brains to the extent they use theirs. In short we are mentally LAZY.

BTW, would you know why your examples are universities in the UK and not Nigeria

You may need to read & understand about the phrase- critical mass.

Cheers![/s]

Your issue seems clinical. Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 09, 2015
There is no oil in Lagos ....... And there will never be oil in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ba7man(m): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2015
muzzafar:

My idea of a kid is an old man like you who cant understand the eye winked for correction from the one winked for love?
Wether all the other parts of Nigeria including fulani have oil or not WE NEED BIAFRA we are tired of answering the name a white slave owner gave us. You guys can keep all your rescources to yourself we NEED BIAFRA.
Correction is done with the mouth (verbally), not with the eyes and the bible says "one should beware ofthe eye that winks because it bears perverted thoughts (somewhere in proverbs).........so I don't know where you got your weird logic from.

You should go and apply for one of the rifles to be distributed if you're so eager for Biafra, rather than typing it in capital letters.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Candyrain(m): 7:01am On Jun 09, 2015
Rawani:

Your issue seems clinical. Cheers.
You are having a conversation with a fellow guy like you, the least you can do it show some respect. Cancelling out his post is a sign of disrespect. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Rawani: 7:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Candyrain:
You are having a conversation with a fellow guy like you, the least you can do it show some respect. Cancelling out his post is a sign of disrespect. Thanks

Was that more disrespectful than stating that ALL black people lack the capacity to effectively use their brains and are mentally lazy? Respect is earned, not ascribed. I'd advise you to not meddle in affairs you do not comprehend to avoid self-ridicule.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Candyrain(m): 7:51am On Jun 09, 2015
Rawani:

Was that more disrespectful than stating that ALL black people lack the capacity to effectively use their brains and are mentally lazy? Respect is earned, not ascribed. I'd advise you to not meddle in affairs you do not comprehend to avoid self-ridicule.

Oh if he did, you try to prove him wrong, what he said was his personally opinion. I was enjoying you guys conversation till you did that. In an argument one person is right and the other wrong or both wrong/right. Maturity says "respect the other even when they are wrong". You appear like a bitter guy to me, and you are even trying to take it out on me for my observation. Have a good day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by nonaira: 7:57am On Jun 09, 2015
This is like the third time they've said this in the past 4years. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm tired of reading the same shit, only for it not become a reality and few years later, they replicate that same story, only for it not to become a reality one again. This time around, I'm not going to believe it until I actually see that Lagos produce oil.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by docsholz(m): 7:58am On Jun 09, 2015
I read some biafran rants here, I didn't know Yoruba's are strong enough to stop you from having your own country...Hypocrites grin

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Rawani: 8:04am On Jun 09, 2015
Candyrain:
Oh if he did, you try to prove him wrong, what he said was his personally opinion. I was enjoying you guys conversation till you did that. In an argument one person is right and the other wrong or both wrong/right. Maturity says "respect the other even when they are wrong". You appear like a bitter guy to me, and you are even trying to take it out on me for my observation. Have a good day.

Pardon my abrasive mien, that brand of ignorance rubs me the wrong way...have a good one too.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:09am On Jun 09, 2015
Eko akete, ilu ogbon.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by EasternLeopard: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2015
StOla:
"Our oyel" people would let us hear word now.

Now that you guys have oil, I hope you guys won't jitter when the word BIAFRA is raised

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by EasternLeopard: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2015
Lemon12:
There is no oil in Lagos ....... And there will never be oil in Lagos

Let there be oil so that they can be encouraged to declare Odua Republic

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Masterclass32: 8:22am On Jun 09, 2015
How did the news that lagos is about to join the oil producing states degenerate to this back to back ranting? Make them enjoy their oyel nah. SE has oil. SS has oil. SW has oil: ondo and now lagos. So what's the biggie? Nairaland sef.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I May Be Arrested Soon – Dino Melaye Cries Out / Soldiers Stop Lagos Judicial Panel From Accessing Military Mortuary / The People That Ran Buhari's Media Campaign Pictured With GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.