Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting (2818 Views)

Customs Seized Senator Saraki’s Range Rover (Photos) / APC Leaders In Shock As Saraki Emerges Senate President / Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2015
Senator Bukola Saraki, backed by minority senators of the All Progressives Congress and those of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who earlier endorsed him today "emerged" as the President of the Senate. SaharaReporters learnt 57 senators were present at today's meeting at the National Assembly.

Senator Bukola Saraki, backed by minority senators of the All Progressives Congress and those of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who earlier endorsed him today "emerged" as the President of the Senate. SaharaReporters learnt 57 senators were present at today's meeting at the National Assembly. The "election" was presided over by the Clerk of the National Assembly.The election held was majority of his party members were meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the International Conference Center in Abuja, a meeting Saraki shunned.

The Kwara state senator led a group of renegade senators from the ruling All Progressives Congress in a revolt against the party hierarchy which had chosen a different candidate for the office of Senate president.

The Saraki's "election" was witnessed by some PDP leaders led by Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State. Saraki and leaders of PDP met overnight and plotted his election pairing him with former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu of the PDP. the election of Ejkweremadu was ongoing as at the time of publishing this report.

Today election was witnessed by notable APC senators led by former Governor Rabiu Kwankwanso of Kano State, Dino Melaye, Shabba Lafiagi and Sanni Yerima Bakura.

The "election" took place without the legal proclamation of the Senate by President Buhari

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/09/senator-saraki-emerges-senate-president-while-apc-senators-were-meeting
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2015
This one na real coup o!
What is wrong with APC leaders?
I hope they will not destroy themselves with this their agendas

Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala
Oam4j
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by hazyfm: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2015
I DON'T SEE ANY SENATOR FROM LAGOS OR APC STATE
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by ziccoit: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2015
I think by bypassing the normal protocol, Senator Saraki is extremely power hungry and should be seen as a PDP mole in APC.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 11:44am On Jun 09, 2015
You all can now see do or die politicians in action
Imagine rushing election before their colleagues arrives!

Why did Buhari call them for meeting when they are supposed to be in the house?
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 11:47am On Jun 09, 2015
The questions we should be asking are?
Who blocked the broad to the assembly?
Who are the soldiers sending people back working for?

You see your life Buhari?
You have been there for how many days ?
You are still a learner!
PDP is still controlling your government
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by IamMrNoble(m): 11:48am On Jun 09, 2015
Does the tribunal sit on Senate presidency issue?? Or do they carry out rerun

Listen to Reality Radio. 101.5 FM.. Right here on Nairaland.com

www.nairaland.com/2367185/reality-radio-101.5-fm-live
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by emeuzo(m): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2015
Hahahah d downfall of APC, within how many days. Lol. I know that disorganization.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by MCMLXXVI(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Blame nobody for that. They were 'meeting'? On the morning of the election? They didn't have all week to settle their scores? These guys won the election since March 31st. 2 whole months ago! They didn't hold their meeting then and decide on how they were going to vote?
It serves them right.

1 Like

Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by TheFreeOne: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2015
grin grin grin learners.

While they were busy running around international conference centre the REAL DEAL is going on in the national assembly.

This is gonna be one interesting 8th assembly.

APC need to learn house to put its house in order cos this 'coup' is a clear after effect of a house divided against itself.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by luvmijeje(f): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2015
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is desperation at its height.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
If Buhari does not sit up,
I will join mogidi et al in cursing him!
What was doing in G7 meeting when his house is on fire?
And he was holding meeting when the legislators were suppose to be in the house?

1 Like

Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by bjdon: 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
I think what is really telling here is the fact that Rabiu Kwankwanso seems to be a Saraki supporter. If that's the case then we can begin to see the shape of the divide in the ACP.
1: Tinubu Camp
2: Former PDP camp(Rabiu Kwankwanso , Saraki, Amechi...)
3: Buhari

How these camps work together/fight each other, over the next 4 years will determine the success/failure of the ACP govt
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Armaggedon: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
75 senators-elect attended not 57
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by ubongutioh(m): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Brainless president. He was busy taking photos in Germany. Hahaahahahaha. I don't like Saraki anyway.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by themilanway(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:
And he was holding meeting when the legislators were suppose to be in the house?

You are free to join in cursing him if that will make you more of a man.

Buhari clearly stated that he is ready and willing to work with anybody elected as the senate president.

I also don't see anything wrong in him calling for a truce meeting.

Who would I have prefered?I don't give a damn about who wins or who not.All I'm interested are people who will work with the president in rebuilding this country.

I just hope Saraki will put the people 1st before his personal ambition.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
themilanway:

You are free to join in cursing him if that will make you more of a man.

Buhari clearly stated that he is ready and willing to work with anybody elected as the senate president.

I also don't see anything wrong in him calling for a truce meeting.

Who would I have prefered?I don't give a damn about who wins or who not.All I'm interested are people who will work with the president in rebuilding this country.

I just hope Saraki will put the people 1st before his personal ambition.

God bless Nigeria.

Someone that could be desperate to pull the kind of stunt he just did will what?
Put the people first before his personal ambition ?
You better wake up and stop dreaming!
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:
really? Join mogidi? Wonderful. Join them as soon as possible. It won't really matter. Am disappointed at what u just wrote. Shows where ur interests lie. U can't sit and look at d big picture. Through heaven or hell, I stand for Buhari. I voted him in. I put him there. And he will definitely deliver. Cc: Omenka passingshot beremx. Make una come see oo.

1 Like

Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
BUHARIWILLWIN:
really? Join mogidi? Wonderful. Join them as soon as possible. It won't really matter. Am disappointed at what u just wrote. Shows where ur interests lie. U can't sit and look at d big picture. Through heaven or hell, I stand for Buhari. I voted him in. I put him there. And he will definitely deliver. Cc: Omenka passingshot beremx. Make una come see oo.

Oga face front
I voted for Buhari because I believed he was the only person that can bring the change.
But events since inauguration and the way he is handling things is not bringing confidence at all!

I supported Jonathan too till I discovered he was the problem and not the solution!

2 Likes

Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by PassingShot(m): 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:
The questions we should be asking are?
Who blocked the broad to the assembly?
Who are the soldiers sending people back working for?

You see your life Buhari?
You have been there for how many days ?
You are still a learner!
PDP is still controlling your government

What's your business with NASS and who emerges as their leader?
Where were you when PMB reassured severally that he will not interfere in how they choose their leadership?
And how is PDP controlling his government?

The last time I checked, Saraki is an APC senator.
That Lawan didn't emerge may be good for PMB if you don't know.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by PassingShot(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:

Oga face front
I voted for Buhari because I believed he was the only person that can bring the change.
But events since inauguration and the way he is handling things is not bringing confidence at all!

I supported Jonathan too till I discovered he was the problem and not the solution!
What are those events specifically?

Don't rant. Just tell us those events since his inauguration and let's educate you boy.

1 Like

Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:

Oga face front

good go d way of 'the protection seeker'. Not my business sha. Buhari has not failed and will never fail. I voted for Buhari and not the Senate President. Its good u av made ur intentions known earlier. To avoid another 'protection seeker saga'
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

What's your business with NASS and who emerges as their leader?
Where were you when PMB reassured severally that he will not interfere in how they choose their leadership?
And how is PDP controlling his government?

The last time I checked, Saraki is an APC senator.
That Lawan didn't emerge may be good for PMB if you don't know.

I don't like arguing with unrealistic people!
Saraki is an APC senator?
Someone that just undermined the APC party?
I'm sure you will not have to wait very long before he declares his decamping openly.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by omenka(m): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
BUHARIWILLWIN:
really? Join mogidi? Wonderful. Join them as soon as possible. It won't really matter. Am disappointed at what u just wrote. Shows where ur interests lie. U can't sit and look at d big picture. Through heaven or hell, I stand for Buhari. I voted him in. I put him there. And he will definitely deliver. Cc: O*menka passings*hot berem*x. Make una come see oo.
If someone says they would join someone else in cursing someone, then I don't think that should be any of my business. Have never seen anywhere "curses" brought about a desired positive change.

1 Like

Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

What are those events specifically?

Don't rant. Just tell us those events since his inauguration and let's educate you boy.

Where is his chief of staff?
No operational staff to negotiate and relate with waring parties
He was detached from party politics, letting power brokers run amock
He left the country without his own structure, PDP appointees are still running the country.
He went to G7 meeting when his country is not settled and he came back to hold a meeting while a coup was happening (reminds me how he was removed as a military head of state)
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by PassingShot(m): 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:

I don't like arguing with unrealistic people!
Saraki is an APC senator?
Someone that just undermined the APC party?
I'm sure you will not have to wait very long before he declares his decamping openly.
So, politicians undermining their party is a new and surprising thing?

Saraki is an APC senator until he defects. It will be unthinkable for anyone to expect Saraki to defect to PDP in it's current situation. If he does that or engages in anti-party activities, his tenure will be like that of Enwerem and Okadigbo as he can be impeached before long.

The days ahead are pregnant.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
BUHARIWILLWIN:
good go d way of 'the protection seeker'. Not my business sha. Buhari has not failed and will never fail. I voted for Buhari and not the Senate President. Its good u av made ur intentions known earlier. To avoid another 'protection seeker saga'

Protection from who?
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
If someone says they would join someone else in cursing someone, then I don't think that should be any of my business. Have never seen anywhere "curses" brought about a desired positive change.

The cursing I used was to show my discontent
I pray for the man to succeed cos if he fails we will all bear the brunt!
The truth is that I am not happy with the way everyone is running the ball around him.
Here was a man that everyone was afraid of about two weeks ago.
It seems as if many are realising that he might be a paper tiger.
Herein lies my anger.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by HHANDM: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
bjdon:
I think what is really telling here is the fact that Rabiu Kwankwanso seems to be a Saraki supporter. If that's the case then we can begin to see the shape of the divide in the ACP.
1: Tinubu Camp
2: Former PDP camp(Rabiu Kwankwanso , Saraki, Amechi...)
3: Buhari

How these camps work together/fight each other, over the next 4 years will determine the success/failure of the ACP govt

I may be wrong but it seems the breakaway Npdp comprising those that left PDP to form APC may have aligned with the opposition and taken control of the NASS.

If they feel they ain't getting enough recognition/appointments within the new government then that will be their best calculation.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by PassingShot(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:

Where is his hief of staff?
No operational staff to negotiate and relate with waring parties
He was detached from party politics, letting power brokers run amock
He left the country without his own structure, PDP appointees are still running the country.
He went to G7 meeting when he his country is not settled and he came back to hold a meeting while a coup was happening (reminds me how he was removed as a military head of state)
You're obviously naïve.

Do you know that GEJ only handed over his hand-over documents on May 28th?
Do you realize his transition committee needs to work on that huge document before the government can take off?
And fyi, to make take-off rough was the reason GEJ and his team didn't hand-over the documents early enough. To frustrate his take-off!

Remember that in PMB's terms of reference, he had asked his TC to "come up with suggestions so that Nigeria can experience Change in 30 days, 60 days and 100 days". This clause jolted GEJ's camp and they did everything to thwart their efforts; hence the deliberate delay in handing over.

Wait for this week to pass before starting to rant. I understand your frustration though. I sometimes feel same way.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by themilanway(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Pangea:

Someone that could be desperate to pull the kind of stunt he just did will what?
Put the people first before his personal ambition ?
You better wake up and stop dreaming!

In that case God help you and I.

I knew the senate presidency was the only reason he decamped to APC.

That he wasn't part of the meeting says it all.
Re: Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting by Pangea: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

You're obviously naïve.

Do you know that GEJ only handed over his hand-over documents on May 28th?
Do you realize his transition committee needs to work on that huge document before the government can take off?
And fyi, to make take-off rough was the reason GEJ and his team didn't hand-over the documents early enough. To frustrate his take-off!

Remember that in PMB's terms of reference, he had asked his TC to "come up with suggestions so that Nigeria can experience Change in 30 days, 60 days and 100 days". This clause jolted GEJ's camp and they did everything to thwart their efforts; hence the deliberate delay in handing over.

Wait for this week to pass before starting to rant. I understand your frustration though. I sometimes feel same way.

Excuse upon excuses
Continue to manufacture them for him.
The essence of problem is to find solution to them.
What has just happened today will complicate things further!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Performance At Amanpour's Interview. Great Responses By Buhari / Another Pro-biafra Protester Allegedly Shot By Policemen.. Very Graphic Photos / See Photo Of Muhammadu Buhari As A Secondary School Student In 1958

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.