Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Women To Cut Off Her Face Because Of An Uncontrollable Condition: See For Urself - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women To Cut Off Her Face Because Of An Uncontrollable Condition: See For Urself (820 Views)

Lady Buries Her Face Inbetween Her Boobs (photo) / Woman Applies ‘make Up’ On Her Face Before Accepting Her Man’s Proposal (photos) / Question For Ladies......guys U Can Also See For Urself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women To Cut Off Her Face Because Of An Uncontrollable Condition: See For Urself by exlink10(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2015
A mother who suffers from a horrific condition that is ‘harder to control than cancer’ has been forced to have half of her face removed to try and control it. Louise Brent, 58, from Hull, suffers from facial arterial venous malformation (AVM) – a malformation of veins and capillaries – which has almost killed her twice.

AVM causes the veins to dissipate, causing them to tangle and, when it flares up, spread like the ‘branches of a tree’. The condition causes pain, skin breakdown, overgrowth of tissue, and even heart failure – and in some patients needs regular treatment to break down or remove the tangles.

Mrs Brent claims one doctor has told her the condition is ‘more difficult to control and sort than cancer because, if you leave anything behind, it just regrows aggressively’. And despite having had two massive operations to try and save her, she is still suffering – and now hopes to raise £25,000 for pioneering surgery.

Mrs Brent said: ‘In my last operation, the surgeon basically cut the side of my face off. ‘I will never be completely normal looking again because with so much surgery and damage that has been done – but I want to try and save my life. ‘Now I just have to be brave and get on with life.’

Mrs Brent spent most of her life unaware that she had the condition. The only sign was a faint line down the side of her face when she was born, which disappeared when she was a child. Then, when she was 45-years-old, she noticed a pulse beating in her face. She visited her GP, who diagnosed it as AVM and gave her treatment – and she believed that would be the end of it.

It was only when she began suffering from intense migraines, a common symptom of the disease, that she was referred to Leeds General Infirmary for a major operation on her face to remove the AVM. She said: ‘I was completely disfigured when I came round, just an absolute mess. My nose had dropped and everything.’ Soon after surgery she began to suffer life-threatening facial bleeds, and, on one occasion, came close to death after losing three pints of blood. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/06/woman-suffers-from-condition-harder-to.html#sthash.brohRWI8.dpuf

cc lalasticlala Ishilove

Re: Women To Cut Off Her Face Because Of An Uncontrollable Condition: See For Urself by lollystiver(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2015
this face reminds me of choki-choki you remember na that nasty dull grin grin grin grin
Re: Women To Cut Off Her Face Because Of An Uncontrollable Condition: See For Urself by whizbee(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2015
may God help her
Re: Women To Cut Off Her Face Because Of An Uncontrollable Condition: See For Urself by tociano009(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
May God help her

(1) (Reply)

The Love Man Possess / What Everyone Expects From Ladies / How To Look Good Without Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.