Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections (42242 Views)

PDP Reacts To Justice Okon's Ruling, Says Jegede Is Authentic PDP Candidate / APC Woos Edo Voters With Akara, PDP Reacts (Photo) / PDP Reacts To Buhari's $300,000 Saga ... ' We Have Been Vindicated ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by poiZon: 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
disloman:
This is nt abt d pains but shows d ways to go.APC is still d force to reckon with.A. man who is not loyal is a nobody.

THAt means amaechi isnt loyal, can u see what those same decampee were shouting.... amaechi wasnt suppose to contest that govr's forum chair for d second time cos it was against d law but he went against d wishes of the party n do otherwise cos he knew he had acn supporters. u guys were happy cos pdp break down..... its just a pay back time. .

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by poiZon: 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Watch out guys, soon enough, these same guys that ensured this was possible would come at us with the "Northern conspiracy to dominate" bla bla bla when general elections are at hand in order to divide the nigerian voters along religious (even though the speaker is a christian), tribal and regional lines.

I'm making this post so as to refer to it when the time comes, and I know that time would surely come.

are u gbajabiamila?
sorry o, but shey una no want speakership position now?
pdp voted for people who wanted it.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Obiwannn: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
June 9, 2015

Press Statement

NASS Leadership: PDP Congratulates Saraki, Dogara, Ekweremadu
….Hails Mark

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has congratulated newly elected Senate President Bukola Saraki, his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu as well as the new Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, noting that their elections underscore the fact that no section of the country should be neglected on national issues.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh in a statement on Tuesday described the development in both chambers of the National Assembly as “victory for democracy and triumph of the time-honored value of the PDP that every zone and segment of the country must at all times be given a sense of belonging in governance”.

The PDP assured that it would continue to partner with like minds in other political parties and groups to ensure that the nation’s democracy, which it nurtured in the last 16 years is sustained in the overall interest of the Nigerian people.

“What is paramount to the PDP is the sustenance of our democracy and the wellbeing of our people, irrespective of creed, class or ethnicity. The PDP is therefore willing and ready to partner with like-minded individuals in other political parties and groups to sustain our democracy, ensure good governance and promote the unity and stability of our dear nation. Nigeria as a nation belongs to all of us. Its interest therefore must be put over and above personal, partisan or group interests at all times.

“In this regard, the PDP notes with gratitude, the immense contributions of the immediate past Senate President ‘the Baba of the National Assembly’, Senator David Mark for the decency and mature manner with which he ensured the smooth take off of the 8th National Assembly”, the party said.

The statement also commended the PDP Acting National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus for successfully galvanizing PDP members in both chambers of the National Assembly, which contributed to the peaceful conduct of the elections.

The PDP charged its members in the National Assembly to continue to uphold the tenets of democracy and enforce the constitutionally vested parliamentary role of check and balances to ensure the much desired accountability and probity in the polity.

Finally, it urged the All Progressives Congress (APC) to stop whining and accept the will of the people, respect the independence of the legislature, as the PDP is not responsible for their naivety and crass inexperience.

Signed:

Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/06/pdp-reacts-to-saraki-dogara-and.html

cc :lalasticlala

as the PDP is not responsible for their naivety and crass inexperience.
this quote.....KAI!!!
NA FINISH HIM!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by dwayni: 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
I just came here to laugh! Who's mad?
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by meforyou1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
sakafish:
story for the gods.....
Which story? PDP has taught Tinubu a bitter lesson he will never forget

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Chigold101(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mega2010:
Ok,thank you... stop talking too much and hide your face in shame
do you mean this thing you typed here... Or is it the continuation of APCs whinning, weeping & crass inexperience?

Dont lie oh... Tel Daddy the truth... Do you mean what you typed?
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Chigold101(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
excellentmomma:
Apt response and not name calling or abusive. So matured.
APCheats will quarel & argue with you. I mean they wont believe this thing you typed.

But wait o...how many people have batched you because of comment?
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by sanomi001: 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
The unilag post utme form is out call08100134003 for more info
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Gondonu: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
jorlons:
Nigerians need to be on the look out for what happens in the NASS henceforth. The emergence of the duo in both chambers chiefly orchestrated by the PDP, reaffirms my suspicions of the ongoing ploy by the PDP to use the NASS as a tool in playing their dirty opposition.

Ordinarily, it would appear democracy prevailed today but in actuality politricking just deepened in Nigeria.

Nigerians who think an active influence of the PDP in the leadership of the NASS will check the activities of the APC for the overall betterment of the lives of Nigerians are in for a shock.

Those thieves, cankerworms are only lurking in the dark, scheming and waiting for the right opportunity to grab power from the APC, using any means possible. If you're in doubt read-up the remarks of David Mark in the last PDP retreat held in PH.

I dare submit that they (PDP) would rather Nigeria as a country makes little or no progress at all under the APC, to give them a weapon for campaign in 2019.
Pls do shut up there!! What has APC been doing as it rode to power? Thought it was the "change" slogan? So let's all live with it.As you have been advised "stop whining"my dear.
I'm sorry to say, the healthy checks and balances we anticipate from a multi party system as obtainable in developed parts of the world, will be hindered by the greediness of these crop of politicians.

If anybody thinks the agenda of PDP, for the next four years is to check the ruling party, to ensure they deliver on their promises to Nigerians, then that person must be on a long thing cause their only agenda is to paint the APC government as incompetent for the next 48 months.

Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by excellentmomma(f): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chigold101:
APCheats will quarel & argue with you. I mean they wont believe this thing you typed.

But wait o...how many people have batched you because of comment?

Me I no send them o grin I no even notice if any
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by ocelot2006(m): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Now the last paragraph is a clear example of TKO!! grin

Well done PDP. APC, book a class with the masters grin
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by ocelot2006(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
jorlons:
Nigerians need to be on the look out for what happens in the NASS henceforth. The emergence of the duo in both chambers chiefly orchestrated by the PDP, reaffirms my suspicions of the ongoing ploy by the PDP to use the NASS as a tool in playing their dirty opposition.

Ordinarily, it would appear democracy prevailed today but in actuality politricking just deepened in Nigeria.

Nigerians who think an active influence of the PDP in the leadership of the NASS will check the activities of the APC for the overall betterment of the lives of Nigerians are in for a shock.

Those thieves, cankerworms are only lurking in the dark, scheming and waiting for the right opportunity to grab power from the APC, using any means possible. If you're in doubt read-up the remarks of David Mark in the last PDP retreat held in PH.

I dare submit that they (PDP) would rather Nigeria as a country makes little or no progress at all under the APC, to give them a weapon for campaign in 2019.

I'm sorry to say, the healthy checks and balances we anticipate from a multi party system as obtainable in developed parts of the world, will be hindered by the greediness of these crop of politicians.

If anybody thinks the agenda of PDP, for the next four years is to check the ruling party, to ensure they deliver on their promises to Nigerians, then that person must be on a long thing cause their only agenda is to paint the APC government as incompetent for the next 48 months.

Well...that's kinda one of the functions of the Opposition. To expose the ruling party's incompetence. And you APC clowns are making it too. I suggest you take up Metuh's advice and stop blaming others for your party's gross incompetence. Less whining, more working.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by HHANDM: 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Finally, it urged the All Progressives Congress (APC) to stop whining and accept the will of the people, respect the independence of the legislature, as the PDP is not responsible for their naivety and crass inexperience.

Waoh....TKO undecided
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by 9jatatafo(m): 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
PDP playing behind the scene moves and controlling things.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by remirez07(m): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
June 9, 2015

Press Statement

NASS Leadership: PDP Congratulates Saraki, Dogara, Ekweremadu
….Hails Mark

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has congratulated newly elected Senate President Bukola Saraki, his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu as well as the new Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, noting that their elections underscore the fact that no section of the country should be neglected on national issues.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh in a statement on Tuesday described the development in both chambers of the National Assembly as “victory for democracy and triumph of the time-honored value of the PDP that every zone and segment of the country must at all times be given a sense of belonging in governance”.

The PDP assured that it would continue to partner with like minds in other political parties and groups to ensure that the nation’s democracy, which it nurtured in the last 16 years is sustained in the overall interest of the Nigerian people.

“What is paramount to the PDP is the sustenance of our democracy and the wellbeing of our people, irrespective of creed, class or ethnicity. The PDP is therefore willing and ready to partner with like-minded individuals in other political parties and groups to sustain our democracy, ensure good governance and promote the unity and stability of our dear nation. Nigeria as a nation belongs to all of us. Its interest therefore must be put over and above personal, partisan or group interests at all times.

“In this regard, the PDP notes with gratitude, the immense contributions of the immediate past Senate President ‘the Baba of the National Assembly’, Senator David Mark for the decency and mature manner with which he ensured the smooth take off of the 8th National Assembly”, the party said.

The statement also commended the PDP Acting National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus for successfully galvanizing PDP members in both chambers of the National Assembly, which contributed to the peaceful conduct of the elections.

The PDP charged its members in the National Assembly to continue to uphold the tenets of democracy and enforce the constitutionally vested parliamentary role of check and balances to ensure the much desired accountability and probity in the polity.

Signed:

Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/06/pdp-reacts-to-saraki-dogara-and.html

cc :lalasticlala
what happened at assembly shows that PDP isn't dead, it also shows that PDP is just away for reinforcement. APC is a child party. Godfatherism indeed.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC succeeded in deceiving millions of gullible ordinary Nigerians and using almajiris to vote out the incumbent(according to the Kano state governor) but among the political class, things seem different as PDP still hold sway.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by merbenko: 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Rubbish! If it were the other way round, would you be saying the same story? Would PDP even allow an opposition to deputize them? Hypocrites!

Saraki who as the Chairman, Senate Committee on Environment & Ecology could not successfully push the NOSDRA bill into limelight or consideration till the 7th Assembly ended. Many communities in the Niger Delta will suffer for the gross incompetence of Saraki as Chairman of Environment Committee. This same m.oron wants to be Senate President. How many more bills will suffer at the expense of Nigerians?
point of correction is the senate president
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Bishop7(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Where the hell is Tinubu? I want to hear his comment.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by dstar01(m): 11:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC be like "Ol Boi dis na ojoro, Howard Webb don do ojoro o" BUT PDP be like "Keep calm, We are winning the match"
PDP una too much
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
jorlons:

you've said nothing but trash....APC was opposition and stood PDP to their feet, scored cheap political points with promises and propaganda...nobody is doing anything...stop giving excuses for failure....

the CLUELESS is showing his CLUELESSNESS....

Sorry clueless oneS...

Buhari_2nd week_Nigerians_are_watching

PDP For DEMOCRACY!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nigerians
jorlons:

Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Malazzy: 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
Apc rejecting the emergence of an APC senator... Pdp rejoicing for the emergence of an APC senator..... APC should better stop driving these men (new Senate president and speaker) further away from their party except if they are ready to go into oblivion within four years.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by Chigold101(m): 3:18am On Jun 10, 2015
excellentmomma:

Me I no send them o grin I no even notice if any
abio?
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by judiciarypalava: 5:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Many communities in the Niger Delta will suffer for the gross incompetence of Saraki as Chairman of Environment Committee.

Who knows if he will contune as the Chairman again?
This same m.oron wants to be Senate President. How many more bills will suffer at the expense of Nigerians?
Are you just waking up? He is the SP for real and does not wish any more. Very hard to accept abi, that is the difference between Regional and National politics
O mego ha 'voom' nanya.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by free13: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2015
Ok o.
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by pBuhari(f): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
PDP is the only political party that knws the game
Re: PDP Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Victory At The Elections by saynedu: 11:20am On Jun 12, 2015
Recognise ko APC leader ni. Leader of aggrieved people's congress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Flies In A Private Jet To Visit Tinubu And Lai Mohammed. Photos / Is Tinubu Ready For This Fight He Has Started ? / Celebrations In Kano As APC Wins Presidential Elections (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.