Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! (4047 Views)

Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is / #GMB Wins The 2015 Presidential Elections.....congratulations!!! (PICTURE) / #GMB Wins The 2015 Presidential Elections.....congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by StOla: 1:17am On Jun 10, 2015
winniz:

Sariki is not Yoruba and all those names you listed are none of fu*king biz.

Thank you for helping us ooo. You will learn to bear the pain.

I don't even like Saraki and I despise what he did, but I like that you helped us achieve glory from your hatred.

Even his father, Baba Oloye Olusola Saraki must be happy that he was senate leader in 1979, but his son Bukola is now a senate president with your help.

Even a man's enemy will be directed by fate to be his benefactor someday.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by nonaira: 1:19am On Jun 10, 2015
whitecat1:
You mean they shouldn't say he did something wrong because he's Yoruba? It doesn't work like that! We say it as it is! When will you AJOKUTAMAMOMI start spending as much time as you spend on hating Yoruba on loving and taking care of yourselves politically? Killing yourselves to spite Yoruba! grin

The Sarakis have always been Yoruba and nothing can change that.

I'm going to leave you with this. The guy in question OWN words.

My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=10809

grin grin grin grin grin @ trying to console unaselves

2 Likes

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by nonaira: 1:28am On Jun 10, 2015
basilo101:
Weneva dis slaves get used and dumped by dia masters they console themselves by saying "at least we go beta dan igbos". Wtf. Igbos evn got d most hia. We go no5 while in opposition, wat did u get wen were in opposition?

Hilariously enough, it's extremely sad. The entire SS and SE, especially SE igbos, displayed highly their hatred for APC. Therefore SS or even SE getting any position in that administration is itself a damn achievement and miracle. The people from both regions made it hard for any of the politicians from their to gain favor. Ironically, SW that were gone hoe about that party, insulting and belittling those that are against it barely received much, instead they were sidelined with a number 6 position. Even the VP is constantly being belittled up their, getting locked out of meetings and ish. Who the Bleep locks out their VP. Sad and funny all at the same dame time.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by StOla: 1:30am On Jun 10, 2015
nonaira:

Does that erase the fact that his own father had a Yoruba mother and he too has a Yoruba mother, making him 1/4 Mali and 3/4 Yoruba?

All I have to say is thank you to our nasty brothers from the East. Wise men who hate Tinubu and Yorubas so they rejected a Senator Lawan from Yobe, but voted for Oluwabukola Saraki of Ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by nonaira: 1:36am On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:

Does that erase the fact that his own father had a Yoruba mother and he too has a Yoruba mother, making him 1/4 Mali and 3/4 Yoruba?

All I have to say is thank you to our nasty brothers from the East. Wise men who hate Tinubu and Yorubas so they rejected a Senator Lawan from Yobe, but voted for Oluwabukola Saraki of Ilorin.

The family is not claiming you yet you still attache by force. That's why it is PATHETIC.

They can be 3/4 yoruba, 100% yoruba, 1/2 yoruba, etc, etc as long as the family is saying they are Fulani, then they are fulani, not Yoruba. He even mentioned and I quote " I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had an invitation to join a Malian-Fulani organisation and that I should be its chairman." thus suggesting he is separating himself from Yoruba despite una calling him one. forcing yourself onto that family and shouting "they are Yoruba, they are Yoruba" is itself pathetic. It's understandable if you are arguing about Illorin total but if it's a family specifically then listen to them and stop trying to tell them what lineage they are or should claim. They choose Fulani, choose to represent Fulani then they are Fulani. End of story

1 Like

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by emeuzo(m): 1:45am On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:

But Igbo deputy senate president is serving Oluwabukola Saraki, the son of Baba Oloye Olusola Saraki.

And to think Ekweremadu was a senator before Bukola, and was already deputy senate president for 8 years, yet like a beggar whose region is dead politically, he has accepted the typical 2nd position as usual. Served Benue master for 8years now to serve Yoruba Master. When will Ekweremadu get his freedom from apprenticeship? Must he serve Akwa Ibom master too someday?

Even Mrs Ekweremadu might start spending some quality time cooking in Toyin Saraki's kitchen. Toyin might just be too tired to prepare amala and would promptly delegate it to her.
Are u hurt? Its ok we all know d truth hurts. #naijaworsttribe#

2 Likes

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by Eshinwaju: 1:46am On Jun 10, 2015
Yeboes...what a pathetic bunch...... grin...all they use as determining their progress is measuring themselves to Yoruba...... cheesy.....even if Saraki is fulani...which is impossible....d fact remains dat 3/4 of him is Yoruba and his wife being Yoruba means that his children are 7/8 Yoruba..... grin...but nyamiri head na block....no thinking......... cheesy...even northerners know Saraki is Yoruba which is why Gbajabiamila lost after bukola Saraki was voted in....they did not want Yoruba as number two, three and four...what is so difficult to understand about this

The lagoon calls ....... cheesy

I hope now that those Yorubas who r sympathetic to yeboes can see them for what they are....rejoicing whenever they think their seniors have been slighted...... cheesy....Biafra for yeboes......ASAP....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by emeuzo(m): 1:48am On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:

But Igbo deputy senate president is serving Oluwabukola Saraki, the son of Baba Oloye Olusola Saraki.

And to think Ekweremadu was a senator before Bukola, and was already deputy senate president for 8 years, yet like a beggar whose region is dead politically, he has accepted the typical 2nd position as usual. Served Benue master for 8years now to serve Yoruba Master. When will Ekweremadu get his freedom from apprenticeship? Must he serve Akwa Ibom master too someday?

Even Mrs Ekweremadu might start spending some quality time cooking in Toyin Saraki's kitchen. Toyin might just be too tired to prepare amala and would promptly delegate it to her.
Yoruba will do nothing but if u become famous tomorrow they call u son, n u fail d next day, they ditch u. I once heard someone say buhari's mom is yoruba. WAAAAt??
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by superstar1(m): 2:07am On Jun 10, 2015
Euro31:
are u blind not to see Abubakar as the surname ?? Or u forming ignorance ?
Lol

Why are you disgracing yourself nationally like this?

Is Abubakar his religious or surname? Olodo upon 100.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by superstar1(m): 2:10am On Jun 10, 2015
brownlord:

Fool, stop posting nonsense on my mention, i'm not ibo and i don't give phuck about them, beside we are talking about the foolishness of your sophisticated region and not ibos.

Lol.

Wherever you came from, I careless. What out sophisticated region has achieved can never be achieved by achieved by your worthless region in 100 light years time.

VP, Senate President, Deputy Speaker -------#Godwin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by after1: 2:38am On Jun 10, 2015
Why are yeebhoes crying? Mad people of the sad beast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by sexaddict08(m): 3:58am On Jun 10, 2015
basilo101:
Weneva dis slaves get used and dumped by dia masters they console themselves by saying "at least we go beta dan igbos". Wtf. Igbos evn got d most hia. We go no5 while in opposition, wat did u get wen were in opposition?

u people are funny n jobless....
how do u have time for all this tribal war
Time na Money oooo
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by sexaddict08(m): 4:00am On Jun 10, 2015
after1:
Why are yeebhoes crying? Mad people of the sad beast.

Time na Money oooo

2 Likes

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by HiGod: 4:22am On Jun 10, 2015
superstar1:
This is a sharp departure from the clueless govt of the Drunken Master, that made some funny people his pillar, that finally fell on him.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

He made that unpopular statement and Yorubas easily facilitated his political departure into oblivion.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by after1: 4:34am On Jun 10, 2015
[s]
sexaddict08:

Time na Money oooo
[/s]

You are the jobless one. Is everyone in Nigeria? Shift abeg
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by whitecat1: 4:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Let me leave you with this too, My great great grandmother was a daughter of a freed slave from the US and it doesn't take anything away from my Yorubaness!

Ilorin are called "MESU JAMBA" because they claim whichever part that is good at any moment!

nonaira:

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by HiGod: 4:55am On Jun 10, 2015
brownlord:
You must be sick in the head, congratulations my foot.

Osibanjo is just an errand boy, he was just called commissioner yesterday and nothing happened.

Oh Seraki now Yoruba? Mynd44 think Kwara is not part of SW.

Oh yes, you got deputy speaker, but remember Speaker first before deputy.

Is it that yoruba are destined to be serving Northerners? surprise someone is rejoicing

Shut that mouth Fool

So Igbos in Portharcourt and Delta are no longer Ibos right simply cos their towns are not part of South East?

Do all the listed names below sound like Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri/Gwari/Nupe/Igalla to you fool?

Father: Olusola Saraki
Son: Olubukola Saraki(Senate president)
wife name is Gbemisola Saraki sound like

Let me use Popular Actors as a typical example here:

So Kollington (Yoruba singer)
Oga Bello (Yoruba actor) with all their children from Kwara state are not Yorubas anymore simply cos Kwara state fell into North central? Start a war against Yorubas in Kwara state and see if you fools won't be lynched as usual.

For future reference, the purpose of attaching himself(Olusola Saraki;Father) with Northern political elites was what played out yesterday Dimwit. He knew that there were/are so many political heavy weight champions within his people (Yorubas) and the thought of losing Kwara state was what informed his decision to join/align with Hausas/Fulanis who fit into his agenda(Control his people).

What would you call your forefathers in 60s and 70s who were used as shameless slaves in 1st and 2nd republic against all Southerners.

All what you witnessed yesterday was precedently played in 60s(Nnamdi Azikiwe) and 70s (Alex Ekwueme) by your worthless forefathers(mentioned above) so as to spite Yorubas but ended up with killing of their people(Igbos) like chickens on our streets and at train stations while the same Northerners ran back to Yorubas like prodigal son.

Who are the slaves in Nigeria political arena? Igbos are the slaves as far as Nigeria politics is concerned. You are as good as second class citizens in Nigeria of today.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by kay1one2(m): 5:27am On Jun 10, 2015
VirginFinder:
Please allow me to use this opportunity to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to the Yoruba race, the world over.

We have been able to bounce back from being nowhere politically in 2011 to clinching 3 of the 6 top positions available in the country namely:

2. Vice President - Yemi Osinbajo

3. Senate President - Bukola Saraki

6. Deputy Speaker - Yusuf Lasun

God bless the Yoruba race!
God bless Nigeria!!
One love!!!

For those who are sincerely naive, Yorubas are also natives of some states outside the SW.
Simply put, Yorubaland is bigger than the SW.
Also, one man's interest doesnt necessarily correspond to Yoruba's interest. Today may be a bad day for him but not the larger Yoruba race.

Haters can head to the lagoon!
#GODWIN

While you remain jobless and worthless!

1 Like

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by kay1one2(m): 5:28am On Jun 10, 2015
HiGod:

Shut that mouth Fool

So Igbos in Portharcourt and Delta are no longer Ibos right simply cos their towns are not part of South East?

Do all the listed names below sound like Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri/Gwari/Nupe/Igalla to you fool?

Father: Olusola Saraki
Son: Olubukola Saraki(Senate president)
wife name is Gbemisola Saraki sound like

Let me use Popular Actors as a typical example here:

So Kollington (Yoruba singer)
Oga Bello (Yoruba actor) with all their children from Kwara state are not Yorubas anymore simply cos Kwara state fell into North central? Start a war against Yorubas in Kwara state and see if you fools won't be lynched as usual.

For future reference, the purpose of attaching himself(Olusola Saraki;Father) with Northern political elites was what played out yesterday Dimwit. He knew that there were/are so many political heavy weight champions within his people (Yorubas) and the thought of losing Kwara state was what informed his decision to join/align with Hausas/Fulanis who fit into his agenda(Control his people).

What would you call your forefathers in 60s and 70s who were used as shameless slaves in 1st and 2nd republic against all Southerners.

All what you witnessed yesterday was precedently played in 60s(Nnamdi Azikiwe) and 70s (Alex Ekwueme) by your worthless forefathers(mentioned above) so as to spite Yorubas but ended up with killing of their people(Igbos) like chickens on our streets and at train stations while the same Northerners ran back to Yorubas like prodigal son.

Who are the slaves in Nigeria political arena? Igbos are the slaves as far as Nigeria politics is concerned. You are as good as second class citizens in Nigeria of today.

While you are a worthless bigot!

1 Like

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by kay1one2(m): 5:30am On Jun 10, 2015
Eshinwaju:
Yeboes...what a pathetic bunch...... grin...all they use as determining their progress is measuring themselves to Yoruba...... cheesy.....even if Saraki is fulani...which is impossible....d fact remains dat 3/4 of him is Yoruba and his wife being Yoruba means that his children are 7/8 Yoruba..... grin...but nyamiri head na block....no thinking......... cheesy...even northerners know Saraki is Yoruba which is why Gbajabiamila lost after bukola Saraki was voted in....they did not want Yoruba as number two, three and four...what is so difficult to understand about this

The lagoon calls ....... cheesy

I hope now that those Yorubas who r sympathetic to yeboes can see them for what they are....rejoicing whenever they think their seniors have been slighted...... cheesy....Biafra for yeboes......ASAP....

Wasted school fees!
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by ekwemukamike: 5:37am On Jun 10, 2015
It's quite sad when sw se ss tear themselves on nairaland all in d name of tribal politics. Whereas d north unites making there demand in a single voice. D north knows ur weakness and d south would continue to serve until we understand politics is a game of beggers so long as u make ur demand know in a single voice and untied front in respective of d alliance. Sure today's lesson was well taught and learnt as apc senators were robbed by pdp and loyalist to sarski against d back drop of a divided apc
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by Walexey(m): 6:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Lol ignorance!
Yoruba people don't end in SW! my state of origin is Kogi but am a full blooded Yoruba...
BTW didn't I guys study Nigerian people and culture in da University? it was clearly stated how d oba of ilorin allied with the Fulani jihadist 4 mere political advantage over d army of d ancient SW
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by VirginFinder: 6:57am On Jun 10, 2015
kay1one2:

While you remain jobless and worthless!
hahahahaha
You are a dullard!
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by kay1one2(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

hahahahaha

You are a dullard!

You're unemployed and unproductive in society!
If you had something doing, you'd be more cultured knowing you owe your existence and sustainability to many factors.

1 Like

Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by ifyan(m): 7:21am On Jun 10, 2015
brownlord:

Osibanjo is just an errand boy, he was just called commissioner yesterday and nothing happened.

Is it that yoruba are destined to be serving Northerners? surprise someone is rejoicing

True talk bro.

I surprised from the Op.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by ifyan(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2015
mbolajide2010:
Lol!

Bro Saraki is a typical yorubaman from Abeokuta.
His father claimed to be fulani for political reason: he is also claiming to be a muslim for political reason.So, don't be deceived by whatever politicians tell you.

Guy na true we you de yarn kai! My people wetin our youth de turn to.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by ifyan(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2015
mbolajide2010:
Lol!

Bro Saraki is a typical yorubaman from Abeokuta.
His father claimed to be fulani for political reason: he is also claiming to be a muslim for political reason.So, don't be deceived by whatever politicians tell you.

Guy na true we you de yarn kai! My people wetin our youth de turn to.

See this guy abeg.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by VirginFinder: 7:35am On Jun 10, 2015
kay1one2:

You're unemployed and unproductive in society!
If you had something doing, you'd be more cultured knowing you owe your existence and sustainability to many factors.

What are you on about?
What is itching you?
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by VirginFinder: 7:46am On Jun 10, 2015
brownlord:

You are a dull one!
Osinbajo's position is strategic. Have you forgotten GEJ so soon?
If Osinbajo is a mere 'commissioner' then GEJ was a P.A. Yet, he ruled ...

Does Bukola Saraki sound like Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubakar and Nasir ElRufai? Dont be stupid!

Deputy Speaker is just an icing on the cake.
Isnt the highest ranking ibo man a deputy?

Is deputy this and deputy that the inheritance of ibos in Nigeria?

Think!
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by VirginFinder: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2015
winniz:
Look at this shameless Yoruba Losers consoling themselves, you now want to claim same Sariki you Yorubas were insulting for calling your figurehead VP mere commissioner.

Abubakar bukola Sariki is not Yoruba he's a fulani man so you bunch of Losers should Quit fooling yourselves as for your figure head VP that was locked out of a meeting by Northeners he's just an errand boy in aso rock cos Una real VP is Atiku.

The only post Yorubas have after all una effort is De

You are confirmed dullard!

Yorubas have emerged nos 2, 3 & 6 while ibos are a mere no 5 - deputy once again.
Dem take deputy swear for una?
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by VirginFinder: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2015
nonaira:

The family is not claiming you yet you still attache by force. That's why it is PATHETIC.

They can be 3/4 yoruba, 100% yoruba, 1/2 yoruba, etc, etc as long as the family is saying they are Fulani, then they are fulani, not Yoruba. He even mentioned and I quote " [b]I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had an invitation to jo

Whatever you call yourself must fall flat in the face of who you really are!
It's just like looking at the mirror.

If your father disowned you for any reason, would that stop people from referring to you as his child?

Saraki can only be Fulani if he decides to drop his Yoruba names.
Re: 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group! by VirginFinder: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2015
emeuzo:

Yoruba will do nothing but if u become famous tomorrow they call u son, n u fail d next day, they ditch u. I once heard someone say buhari's mom is yoruba. WAAAAt??

If you decide to bear pure Yoruba names, we shall claim you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Saw This Huge Amount Of Cash Somewhere, Should I Blow Whistle?(photo) / Supporters Of Muhammadu Buhari Group (SOMB) / Ekiti Election: Apostle Suleman Fires Back At Presidency Over Failed Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.