Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara (20880 Views)

Edo Election: PDP Are Bad Losers, Says Edo APC Chairman / NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele / 2015 Election: PDP Wins First Seat In The House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Martini101(m): 3:39am On Jun 10, 2015
Waiting for Season 3 of this whole drama.
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by azimibraun: 3:46am On Jun 10, 2015
What happened was just an attempt for the party APC to create a balance of power and inclusiveness and also prevent a situation where the PDP will take advantage of lack of concensus candidate to present a sole candidate and take advantage of the APC which may be fielding more than one persons by supporting Lawal from the North and Femi from the south but if the Senators and Reps have done that on their own then we shld move on. It's just that the party was vindicated after all Because they just lost the position of deputy senate president to the PDP. But it's Ok. It may turn out positive for them later..The Man may decamp to join his president saraki later who knows.. Bt for now let us move on to nation building. My joy is that the president Buhari has a Tabular Rasa on this issue. He hailed the party's initial plan and also accented the result of the perceived " stubborn" senators and reps.

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by azimibraun: 3:56am On Jun 10, 2015
What I don't understand is why is the PDP's celebration not limited to Ekweremadus's emergence? Why are they seeing Saraki as a PDP member in disguise? I even hear some say Buhari plan to use Saraki to checkmate Tinubu.. how pls? Some PDP members say Saraki is set to tame Buhari.. so with all of these conflicting and not related perspectives it's almost not important to worry about this issue anymore. We have damaged nation to rebuild people. Next step let us get ministers that would be cleared by the legislature and we can pace along.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by PastorPLC: 4:02am On Jun 10, 2015
Responsible Nigerians are congratulating the new leadership of the NASS, but Tiefnubu and the so-called new Governor of Lagos State {Armedbole} and APC in Lagos State are shouting punish them for failing to act Tiefnubu and Lier Mohammed's scripts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by LAX89(m): 4:05am On Jun 10, 2015
cescky:

I sort of belive this your statement....that's why he's carrying the young, active and brainfilled fashola about him like a handbag

Don't overrate fashola, he's not brain filled. If you want to know the brain behind the development in Lagos , then research the name "Ben Akabueze".

6 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by nightmile: 4:48am On Jun 10, 2015
shadrach77:
What I don't understand is this - Saraki and Dogara are both APC so I don't understand what the problem is all about

God bless you..
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by PapiBongo(m): 4:49am On Jun 10, 2015
Nah evry news wey concern APC FowlOshe go put mouth??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by denifajiyo: 5:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Start making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8423 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+ http://www.netcash5.com

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Emereolevanwill(m): 5:06am On Jun 10, 2015
Some footsoldiers no de tire.
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by mypersonalty: 5:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Teejayphillip:
If these set of people are competent to discharge dia duties dligently,make dem carry go...

Join me thank the lord,i added anoda yr in gud health and plenty of God's wealth....
HappyBirthDay fellow, many more fruitful years on earth. JahBlessYou and your family.

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Hackomania(m): 5:28am On Jun 10, 2015
This #ForEverybodyForNobody stance may backfire o. But HEALTHY competition is good for democracy...

All these events remind me of the great OBJ in '99/2000...

Anyway if Saraki is loyal (to the Presidency, not necessarily to the party), then we can see forward motion in Nigeria. Dagora is already Buhari's man.

So long a leader has the right intentions (Jona did) AND surrounds himself with the RIGHT people (which Jona failed to do), the only way for us would be UP.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by VoteOutPDPJona: 5:37am On Jun 10, 2015
I look forward to a very productive National Assembly. Congrats to Saraki. Congrats to Dogara. God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria... I BOW OUT OF NAIRALAND AS A SATISFIED NIGERIAN!

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by thekoko007: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2015
azimibraun:
What I don't understand is why is the PDP's celebration not limited to Ekweremadus's emergence? Why are they seeing Saraki as a PDP member in disguise? I even hear some say Buhari plan to use Saraki to checkmate Tinubu.. how pls? Some PDP members say Saraki is set to tame Buhari.. so with all of these conflicting and not related perspectives it's almost not important to worry about this issue anymore. We have damaged nation to rebuild people. Next step let us get ministers that would be cleared by the legislature and we can pace along.
....I think am abit comfortable with your opinion about the whole issue...but the biggest problem or probably enemy that apc has is tinubu..why is he interested in everything as if he built apc alone..we all know the impact on obj in that election and saraki , oyinlola, segun oni is one of objs loyalist....tinubu took the office of the chairman of the party by giving it to oyegun, and that's why the likes of alimodu sherrif and tom ikimi left the party, he single handedly nominated Osinbajo and now he wants the speaker and also the senate president...that's greediness of the highest order....we all know the impact of saraki too before the election and I see no know reason why tinubu will be against him.on the issue of gbaja.....law of karma is what actually happened, 2011 we all know the role he played by thwarting the ambition of mulikat the oyo pdp candidate for the position.he should just learn how to be less greedy and always have respect for people around him.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by abtmaviz(m): 5:47am On Jun 10, 2015
chidifyn:
Who be saraki, dogara?

They are my dogs names

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by ideykwum: 5:47am On Jun 10, 2015
What are you doing awake?

IamOpemipo:
Eyin witches una no dey sleep lipsrsealed
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Blitz888(m): 5:56am On Jun 10, 2015
All of this is to spite Tinubu whose morbid obsession is to make of Nigeria what he has made of Lagos State ie his personal Estate.
The megalomania has sure been cut to size... Events in the coming days will show if he is more powerful than the the Sanate President and the Speaker of the HOR.

Atiku,Kwankwaso and Saraki just outsmarted the Jagaban

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by boyt1: 5:58am On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu the lion of Bourdilon now the pigeon of Abuja just after 2 weeks

4 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by poshbrave(m): 6:04am On Jun 10, 2015
Long live naija democracy d game has just begun let's see hw it will end!
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by tolexy007(m): 6:10am On Jun 10, 2015
fayose our nxt president.....
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by eitsei(m): 6:13am On Jun 10, 2015
LAX89:

Don't overrate fashola, he's not brain filled. If you want to know the brain behind the development in Lagos , then research the name "Ben Akabueze".
mumu.......wat is his role in d development of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Waspy(m): 6:15am On Jun 10, 2015
LAX89:

Ovoko. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad....Haba shocked shocked shocked...Nnaaaaaa, Welldone. Na una way sha. (Chukuchuku eyes) So wch Ibo is behind Aregbesola's bankruptcy? undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Una need deliverance from Coveteousness, Jealousy, Greed and Envy ooo. Make God help una undecided

3 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by adezzy01(m): 6:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Hmmmmm all for north alone season film continua
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by 2n2k(m): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2015
thekoko007:
....I think am abit comfortable with your opinion about the whole issue...but the biggest problem or probably enemy that apc has is tinubu..why is he interested in everything as if he built apc alone..we all know the impact on obj in that election and saraki , oyinlola, segun oni is one of objs loyalist....tinubu took the office of the chairman of the party by giving it to oyegun, and that's why the likes of alimodu sherrif and tom ikimi left the party, he single handedly nominated Osinbajo and now he wants the speaker and also the senate president...that's greediness of the highest order....we all know the impact of saraki too before the election and I see no know reason why tinubu will be against him.on the issue of gbaja.....law of karma is what actually happened, 2011 we all know the role he played by thwarting the ambition of mulikat the oyo pdp candidate for the position.he should just learn how to be less greedy and always have respect for people around him.

Tom Ikimi was the ACN representative in the APC merger committee while Oyegun was in ANPP. If Tinubu could support Oyegun against Ikimi, then, he is more politically accommodating than he is being given credit for.

The same thing happened in the case of senate presidency and speakership. In the early days, he was rumored to be in support of Saraki (of New PDP group in APC) and Gbajabimiala (ACN). Some northerners started accusing him of wanting to corner the two positions for Yorubas. He briefly supported Akume (ACN). His switch to Lawan (of ANPP group in APC) was first reported in ThisDay newspaper in late April when its reporter sighted Mrs Remi Tinubu campaigning for Lawan in the senate.

Neither Saraki nor Lawan are political associates of Tinubu. Even Akume cannot be counted as one. I am still at a loss to see how Tinubu would have been able to control them to the disadvantage of other APC leaders. They only need his support in so far as he can deliver the votes of the 'ACN senators' to them just like they curried the support of Kwankwaso, Atiku, other APC leaders and even PDP.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by shezinton(m): 6:48am On Jun 10, 2015
What is good 4 d chicken is also good 4 d pepeye...power 2 d pple...naija blongs to d pple nt 1 man property...lagos might blong to dem bh naija is excempted

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by infinixnote: 6:50am On Jun 10, 2015
#Jim's big thing 2 is Here!!!

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by strongerthaneva(m): 6:51am On Jun 10, 2015
ProfCorruption:
Lol. Buhari is GENUINELY NAIVE and perhaps clueless. Nigerians need to look beyond Buhari's presidency if they want any change.

U must be senseless and nonentity for that statement.. Have been looking for the first fool of the day and can see u the first for the day..Congratation to u Fool of day wednesday..More gift for the fools awaits u..

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Chivasex: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You are politically naive if you don't understand. Have you ever heard of anti-party activities? The emergency of Saraki and Dogara is anti-APC.
At times I think we are too quick to refer to people as been naive in this blog.
Always remember we are here to air our views and at same time sharpen our understanding of issues.
My question to you and other so called expert; is the senate now part of APC?
Where in the world of modern democracy will party chairman and so called stalwarts hold meetings to decide who should be the leader of senate or house of reps positions designated by the constitution as democratic, this simply means whoever decides to run should be voted for.
I haven’t even heard of any instance where Obama holds meetings with democrats as to who should vie for what.
I think if we are not careful here Nigeria might just be worse off with this so called false change we think we have if things are not allowed to play out democratically.
What has happened I believe is the best for this administration and happy the president has come to say he will work with the new elected leaders of both houses.
There should be some sort of check in this whole process and we can only get that through things like this because if we allow those thieves get there was and appoint stooges everywhere then we wold then come to rue the indigent desire for every well-meaning Nigerian to have supported this whole hoax called change.

1 Like

Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by pBuhari(f): 7:02am On Jun 10, 2015
what I so much like is the fact that PMB did not interfere in the emergence of Saraki and Dogara

PDP will rise again
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Bloggz74(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2015
shadrach77:
What I don't understand is this - Saraki and Dogara are both APC so I don't understand what the problem is all about

U won't my brother because you are not a politician.
But sit down and watch!
Re: NASS Election: PDP, Tambuwal, Fayose Congratulate Saraki, Dogara by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 10, 2015
tola9ja:

The PDP also urged the All Progressives Congress, APC, to “stop whining” and accept the will of the people, respect the independence of the legislature, saying the PDP is not responsible for their (APC’s) naivety and crass inexperience.
Mhennnn... see punchline

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Economy, Not In Confusion – Adeosun, Finance Minister / Akintoye Lambasts Akeredolu For Rejecting Yoruba Nation / Women Rally Walk For Tinubu In Kaugama LGA, Jigawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.