Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable (49150 Views)

Tinubu, Jonathan And Saraki At Halimat Babangida's Wedding In Minna (Photo) / Saraki At Tribunal With 81 Senators - TheCable / Pro-Lawan Senators Move To Impeach Saraki - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by klax(m): 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
rozayx5:
angry

has the Daura President waved his magic wand yet grin

Does he have any in the first place Hell Nooo..
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by bayusdipe(m): 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
so sorry the game change as planed,let her move on and accept saraki as the boss in the house of senate
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by anwo247: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
Local woman married to local champion.

Nigeria is different from Lagos.

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by muh4lyf(m): 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mrs remi you cannot win everytime, this us your own sad moment.. You need not react cos your won time would still come to pay him back.. Saraki sure knows the implication of his action...
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Eruditor: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
Built2last:

would it not have been better that you were ab.orted than be alive and suffer this palpable height of political ignorance.

you are uniquely clueless on the political permutations and instead of seeking help. you display your generational problem here.

check my signature before you invite me to battle

You should have just typed a fullstop and it would have made more sense than this claptrap you posted.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by anwo247: 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Local woman married to local champion.

Nigeria is different from Lagos

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by klax(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
doctokwus:

Tambuwal did not chose an APC member as deputy.
Nigerian majority overwhelming voted out PDP because we wanted a change from the personnel and d way things are done.
Saraki/ekweremadu are both throwbacks to our nightmares of PDP.They would both be resisted I assure you of that and Saraki would not find one day of peace in that seat.

So GMB too will not have a day of peace in power because despite people voted for him lots of manipulation were done in the last election ok.

I told you its pay back time in Nigeria politics at this moment and that us how it stand. Do me I do you man no go vex.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by isuomo: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by permsec: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
I only know one remi, and thats loic remi of chelsea fc any other remi remains void. Public pls take note. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Buhari's religion won't allow him do what you want us to spot. I'm not a fanatic, but I won't critisize others for their beliefs.

Sir, u re talking nonsense!!

2 Likes

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by aldame: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
There too many idle people in this country. Why should not having hand shake been an issue, or is it part of the constitution now? Let us get on to serious business and leave trivialities.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Cossette: 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
I don't know why but I find the words "muttering some words to the senate president in a low tone" so funny, it sounds like all these gangster movies and remi tinubu looks so gentle
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by fishbone11(m): 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
She would've rejected been sworn in as a Senator not refusing handshake. She & her husband think the NASS & HOR is their house abi? She should hug transformer if it pained her..."Okpolor eyes no be open eyes"

1 Like

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Moheat(m): 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
doctokwus:
Even if she is doing it on the surface because of the affront on Tinubu, it must be stated clearly that mrs Tinubu's has always stood on the part of principle,even if she is emotional and guided by family bonds.
I doff my hat to her and Gbajamiala for their stance.
The party's position reigns supreme and you cannot win an election under a party and decide to hand power to the party you defeated.
If Saraki felt he was that strong,he should have contested under PDP.
Many are conveniently forgetting that some of the new APC members today won their elections because of the Buhari phenomenon and the APC onslaught.
Let's assume that at worse,kwara had been won by PDP with Saraki still in party,PDP would have got 52 and APC 57 senators. APC would still have had d majority and had produced the senate president and Saraki would have been an ordinary floor member.So Saraki 's just acted treacherous and mrs Tinubu has acted like a hard core pity woman,because without apc ,no sp for Saraki.
I just hope Saraki gets impeached.
I

Story for gods
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by ebuka1511(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
ok testing mike, my first comment here
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
You are the one who isn't making any sense here. So the Saudi king should be your Standard in religion or the Pope as the case may be? So when the Catholic churches legalized same sex marriage why didn't you follow suit or support their stand? What most of you don't know is that we are all distinct individuals and accountable for our deeds individually. My point is we should practice our religion according to the scripture and not the way of any clergyman or king (like the Saudi king who is not totally accepted as their spiritual head- don't understand why he now be the standard then)
MrPresident:

Sir, u re talking nonsense!!
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Sunshinelady(f): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
what most of you don't realize is PMB will be our president for the next four years. Buhari's religion won't allow him do what you want us to spot. I'm not a fanatic, but I won't critisize others for their beliefs. Besides what has handshake got to do with good governance? What did the clueless one achieve despite all those he shook hands with round the world?
. & wat has d brainless one achieved in d past 2weeks? Close to a hundred ppl dead in d north, just within a coupl of days. Besides wat d hell u talkin about religion being d reason he didnt shake hands? Ddnt u see him shakin Lara Fortes on her weddn day?
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Anextin(f): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
What some of us who thinks that saraki sold out don't realise is thus, even if the party appointed someone and majority wanted saraki he could easily have emerged winner if they are left to vote personality. AM sure that among the 51 senators who attended the meeting, there are still some who would have voted saraki regardless of the what party wanted. Another point is what if while they were away, with the President having signed for the National Assembly to go ahead from 10am, then the PDP would have voted themselves. cos is it within the law and rightly legal. They make two third of the house. APC should congratulate Thier own and move on for the betterment of the nation else they will divide within a short time. They are backed against the wall and their fist tied, at least for now.

1 Like

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by johnie: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
Firefire:

There was drama when Remi, wife of Bola Tinubu, refused to shake hands with Saraki after her swearing-in on Wednesday morning, leaving his hand hanging and muttering some words to the senate president in a low tone.

Shey people used to complain about PEJ?

Did you see the Remi's drama at the Senate when Obanikoro appeared for screening on his 'second coming' after the Ekiti debacle?

Watch the video clip and you wouldn't be surprised about this one.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Amanwulu1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
what most of you don't realize is PMB will be our president for the next four years. Buhari's religion won't allow him do what you want us to spot. I'm not a fanatic, but I won't critisize others for their beliefs. Besides what has handshake got to do with good governance? What did the clueless one achieve despite all those he shook hands with round the world?
annoyed fanatic in 4yrs time u'll b d one to count d achievements of d 1 u call d clueless one. D game has begun, take ur seat wit me 4 we're spectactors of nigeria political game. Gej n gmb are all better dan us, they're involved.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by doctokwus: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
mamapidgin:

your maths is poor

Don't forget that saraki left PDP for APC with 15 other Senators so you can do your maths again, it's a well calculated game. what I want the APC to do is to reunite it's senators and let bye gone be bye-gone cos if they don't do that the party is heading for self destruction.

Shikenna
Bygone cannot be bygones ma with an Ekweremadu deputy SP.The battle line has been drawn and let's see if Saraki can withstand the onslaught.
I know in private,even PDP members would find what he did despicable.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by komek(m): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
doctokwus:
Even if she is doing it on the surface because of the affront on Tinubu, it must be stated clearly that mrs Tinubu's has always stood on the part of principle,even if she is emotional and guided by family bonds.
The party's position reigns supreme and you cannot win an election under a party and decide to hand power to the party you defeated.
Many are conveniently forgetting that some of the new APC members today won their elections because of the Buhari phenomenon and the APC onslaught.
Let's assume that at worse,kwara had been won by PDP with Saraki still in party,PDP would have got 52 and APC 57 senators. APC would still have had d majority and had produced the senate president and Saraki would have been an ordinary floor member.So Saraki 's just acted treacherous and mrs Tinubu has acted like a hard core pity woman,because without apc ,no sp for Saraki.

Epistle according to John Paul to the Philistines...lol

E dey pain me o gaga,

U will come and cry me a lagoon soon when u see another prepared smart move awaiting the APC.

Saraki is still under the APC and u are crying this way. You are praying for them to impeach Saraki abi? Then the leadership goes straight into the hands of the core PDP. By then ur eyes would open and become clearer cos any thing cud happen at that time. You, Remi and Tinubu think Nigeria is a family affairs. You have succeeded in putting Lagos in you pocket but not Nigeria. If she likes, she should shout and cry out in the house, but Saraki remains the President of the house. This is a woman who lost in Lagos and was rigged into the house. People like Remi should always hide their face in shame. Greedy family. From Counsellorship to governorship are supervised by this family. Even their so called Iyaloja and yet u are here crying. U never see anything yet.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by doctokwus: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
klax:

So GMB too will not have a day of peace in power because despite people voted for him lots of manipulation were done in the last election ok.

I told you its pay back time in Nigeria politics at this moment and that us how it stand. Do me I do you man no go vex.
What u don't realise is that PMB himself understands the respect the party deserves and Saraki undermined all what a party member should be.
PMB cannot watch and allow such treachery to stand even if he tries to play along for now.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[s]You are the one who isn't making any sense here. So the Saudi king should be your Standard in religion or the Pope as the case may be? So when the Catholic churches legalized same sex marriage why didn't you follow suit or support their stand? What most of you don't know is that we are all distinct individuals and accountable for our deeds individually. My point is we should practice our religion according to the scripture and not the way of any clergyman or king (like the Saudi king who is not totally accepted as their spiritual head- don't understand why he now be the standard then[/s])

Sir, u re still talking nonsense

Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sunshinelady:
. & wat has d brainless one achieved in d past 2weeks? Close to a hundred ppl dead in d north, just within a coupl of days. Besides wat d hell u talkin about religion being d reason he didnt shake hands? Ddnt u see him shakin Lara Fortes on her weddn day?
Most of you guys may not make it till 2019 with this kind of mentality, I sympathize with the dead but he's hardly spent 1.5 weeks and you have started with this kinda criticism! Concerning lara what I have heard from a reliable source is to shake hands the first time to prevent embarrassments after which he tells the lady in private that he doesn't shake hands with ladies to avoid future occurrence. As for the original post in terms of spotting diferrences in the picture, I think you are just gonna kill yourself with hatred
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by nortcentrallord(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
Who cares?
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by Reference(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
doctokwus:

You want the Senate President to be impeached because the Tinubus didn't have their way. What sort of thinking is that. Just like the Amaechi Peterside Wike drama. If the Tinubus wanted the position so badly they should have contested for it. It is so clear from reports I've read and people I have spoken to that the whole drama ensued because of the north's fear of the overbearing influence of Tinubu within the party. If the message of the day is not received loud and clear in Lagos then APC west is in for it. The north will simply form new alliances. To them Bukola Saraki was the bridge between the west and the north simply because he is a yoruba speaking northerner. If APC West cannot match that balance, too bad. Power has shifted to the north, period.
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by ravgach: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
tinuolababy:
Okay. It is allowed. She has a right to ignore his handshake

Why does Saraki want to shake her hand? Does he not know she knows it is haram for a Muslim man to be shaking women? Saraki but you are a Muslim!
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by PLEXPLEX(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
THAT WOMAN IS FUNNY I TELL U ALL
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by pus11: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
[size=28pt]
The People of the independent country in western Nigeria cant pay taxes to Nigeria

Igbos complaint why do northerners win senatorial seat inside the independent country in western Nigeria, because it is call diaspora senatorial seat inside the independent country in western nigeria . Your states are suppose to sponsor you.

The Igbo's people are making mistake. The senatorial seat inside the independent country in western nigeria are for Igbo,hausa people to win.

That why you see northerners winnings it. Because it is not for Yoruba to contest for those position

The northerners sponsor their children living in western nigeria to win the seat. That why you people complaint all the time.

That why northerners occupy those position and not Yoruba people. Because Enugu abia,ebonyi state is expected to sponsor its citizen living in western nigeria to run for those position. Because the people of western Nigeria can't take part in the election. Only Igbo,northerners can take part In senatorial seat inside western nigeria

But the Igbo's don't know this. And for many years northerners occupy this position.

List of northerners senators and others who won dispora senatorial seat inside the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria, why the Igbos waste their time shouting biafra.. they did not present candidate for dispora voting inside the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria

list of diaspora senators from the country of Western Nigeria

Saraki (north)
Ahmed magaji tinubu(north)
Buruji kashamu(north)
Mamora(north)
Okurounmu (ijaw)
Boroface (ijaw)
Bareehu Ashafa (north)
Edu(north)
Nassir isiaka (north)
Badro (north)
Bakare (north)
Shebba Lafiagi (north)
etc[/size]
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by johnie: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
Cossette:
I don't know why but I find the words "muttering some words to the senate president in a low tone" so funny, it sounds like all these gangster movies and remi tinubu looks so gentle
Gentle?

Maybe in those photoshopped pictures.

You should watch her. "muttering some words to the Obanikoro at the senate in a low tone"
grin
Re: Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable by dustydee: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
he actually shook her hand and they thereafter posed for pictures. That guy is just being mischievous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Check Your Digital ID Number / Wike And His Wife Kissing At 56th NBA Annual Conference (Pics) / The Entrance To The Imo Exhibition Center Commissioned By Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.