Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Gunmen Ambush, Kill Policeman, Soldier In Benue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Ambush, Kill Policeman, Soldier In Benue (1153 Views)

Young Guy Killed In Edo After An Ambush By Suspected Cultists. Graphic Photos / Nigerian Army Confirms Ambush On Its Troops / Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Ambush, Kill Policeman, Soldier In Benue by Tanyogo(m): 12:29am On Jun 11, 2015
A police officer and an Army Lance Corporal
were, yesterday, ambushed and killed by
gunmen near Zaki Biam in Ukum Local
Government Area of Benue State.
Vanguard learned that they were members of
Benue State Special Anti-Robbery Squad code-
named Operation Zenda, who were on routine
assignment in the area.
According to sources, the deceased were killed
while on their way to a crime scene after
receiving a distress call, but were ambushed by
a gang of armed men, who opened fire on their
vehicle.
Confirming their deaths, Police Public Relations
Officer, Austine Ezeani, said: “The police
Sergeant was attached to 13 Mopol Unit,
Makurdi, while the soldier was from the 72
Special Battalion, Makurdi.
“They were killed around 6a.m. On Wednesday at Alibiam
village in Ukum council in an ambush by
suspected robbers, while on routine duty.
“They were part of the team that responded to
a distress call by robbery victims in the area.”
Ezeani said Police were already on the trail of
the armed men, assuring that the masterminds
of the killing would be apprehended.

Source : http://benue.com.ng/gunmen-ambush-kill-policeman-soldier-in-benue/ via Benue.com.ng

Re: Gunmen Ambush, Kill Policeman, Soldier In Benue by ladyteska(f): 12:58am On Jun 11, 2015
confirm...situation up there is very tense oh! FTC #Godwin
Re: Gunmen Ambush, Kill Policeman, Soldier In Benue by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 11, 2015
holy Mary chai may d perpetrators knows no peace in Jesus name .
Re: Gunmen Ambush, Kill Policeman, Soldier In Benue by engrjacuzzi: 1:13am On Jun 11, 2015
I thought PMB reign will stop all the killings in the northern region and maximum security guaranteed.
Re: Gunmen Ambush, Kill Policeman, Soldier In Benue by dkronicle(m): 1:19am On Jun 11, 2015
Chai person papa and brother

(1) (Reply)

Gunman Kills 9 In Charleston South Carolina / Please Advice Needed Before My Neighbour Kills Her Maid / My Dad Saved Me, And I Killed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.