Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? (3827 Views)

Man Buys A Car For His Wife For Not Giving Up On Him. Photos / Lady Advises Men To Stop Performing MouthAction On Women (video) / When You Have Different Men Giving You Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by tommychow(m): 11:09am On Jun 12, 2015
Majority of guys want a relationship with sex or want a trophy babe to show off to the world. When a guy sees a well dressed Christian or Muslim woman, it's a turn off. Y'all need to understand that the ratio of men to sexy females is crazy low. Its like 100 guys to a fine babe. Can you blame them for being selective?

Now the ratio of confident, good-looking, financially stable guys to sexy girls is more balanced.

Yahoo-yahoo guys, corrupt politicians , fraudsters are getting EXCESSIVE love. 'Excessive' as in, it's wasting.

No one wants to settle for less and the average guys are suffering because they can't lower standards to the razz, poorly fashioned, out-of-shape, bad weave-on, bitter women that are a larger percentage of naij women.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by tommychow(m): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2015
Op, you also stated they like 'bad boys'. Lemme correct you, bad boys who are FINANCIALLY WELL-OFF. Unlike in Jand and Yankee where bad boy charms alone is enough to hammer babes.

In naij, money and status are the main deciding factors.
Go to park view ikoyi, stop a classy car with a young guy in it...old sef. Ask him, "i don't mean to be a nuisance but are you getting regular cooch?"....

1 Like

Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by humilitypays(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2015
kinibigdeal:

A lot of guys I know have basically given up trying to get women. I can't count how many times I've heard guys say they're going to throw in the towel with dating: disregard females, acquire currency, and wait until the female peers hit 30 and get desperate as their looks (99% of their overall market value) take a sharp decline.

The following are common complaints I hear. They don't necessarily represent my views. I think many of them are just lame excuses for guys who can't admit that they're not attractive to women.

Women are too choosy. Lots of women give off the impression that they'll settle for nothing less than Mr. Perfect. Guys learn this by getting repeatedly rejected despite their best efforts at self-improvement, and by listening to women describe their ridiculously high standards.

Women aren't approachable. I agree with this one. The average lady I see during my daily routine is staring at her phone screen and/or has headphones in her ears. It's rare that I see a woman who gives off the vibe that she'll be receptive to a rando striking up a conversation with her.

Women have a self-entitled attitude. They want to be our equals yet they want special treatment from us. They want relationships to be a one-way street where they control us.

Women want "jerks", "bad boys", etc. This seems to be true. Timid and passive men need apply. The problem is that timid and passive men don't want to change the way they are.

The laws are skewed in favor of women. Obviously this is true and a good reason to eschew marriage. We have a gyno-judicial system that royally bleeps men over.

Feminists have told us that women are happy being strong, independent individuals, that men are evil, that marriage is slavery, etc. Really no point in pursuing women if this is true.

Women are willing to Bleep us outside of a relationship. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/17rkfb/are_men_giving_up_on_women_nowadays/

All what u wrote up there are largely the bitter truth!

Majority of single guys have given up on finding a woman; most men that still go after ladies nowadays are either rich & married or skillful playboys (financially loaded o grin) who find it so easy to get their ways with modern women who are now unapproachable by normal single guys.

This trend will affect our society negatively in future to come because we will have so many unhappy single over-aged guys and ladies.

The only solution for guys is to seek for financial freedom and live a happy life with or without women.

I can't proffer any solution for ladies, maybe a lady can do that.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by humilitypays(m): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2015
tommychow:
Majority of guys want a relationship with sex or getting a trophy babe to show off to the world. When a Biggs sees a well dressed Christian or Muslim woman, it's a turn off. Y'all need to understand that the ratio of men to sexy females is crazy low. Like 100 guys to a fine babe. Can you blame them for being selective?

Now the ratio of confident, good-looking, financially stable guys to sexy girls is more balanced. No one wants to settle for less and the average guys are suffering because they can't lower standards to the razz, out-of-shape, bad weave-on, bitter women that are a larger percentage of naij women.
rotflcheesycheesy
Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by MRBrownJ: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
@kinibigdeal

A lot of guys I know have basically given up trying to get women.

who should we settle with if we now give up on women?! haba bro, better clear your head because the obvious choice outside women is MEN o!!!!

Women are too choosy.

bro, i dont know about you but i want to feel special, i want to feel like the guy conquering mount Everest, i want to believe that dating that lady is not something that ANY man can achieve and its because of my "hardwork", and also who i am as a person, that i succeeded. so yes, i expect women to be choosy rather than settle for any donkeys that come their way, without a say in the matter.

Women aren't approachable.

raise your game bro and find a way to catch her attention. many are looking at their phones because they have nothing better to do. if you find something interesting to offer them to do instead, they might.

Women have a self-entitled attitude.

we ALL do man... and a woman can wish that you do whatever she wants, its down to you to decide if you want to do it or not. but hey, we all want to become the center of the universe for our chosen ladies.

Women want "jerks", "bad boys", etc.

be YOU, and if the man you are is NOT the type of man a lady is seeking then move on with your life seeking for a proper Cinderellas for yourslef. why put other people's problem in your own head simply because you wish to date a certain lady?
btw if "timid and passive" is the only choice apart from bad boys then maybe that is the reason why many of these ladies are choosing the bad boys.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by olasmith10(m): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
ladies want so many things.. Aldo, some are achievable buh d frequency is low. I don't blame dem for keeping up with a standard..buh deh hardly remb dat time is ticking very fast for dem..

Another tin is, some ladies create imaginary standards dat cld only exist in d fairytale. l met some ladies at a wedding some weeks ago,we got talking and I quizled dem abt relationship, and deh all told me they aren't in one..I asked y and deh unleashed reasons to me.most of dem said: d guy must be presentable, has a good job..either has his own apartment or a car,tall( dis one na lie wen money is available) caring, an lastly loving...
Now, I wondered d no of guys she had turned down cos of d lack of dos things..d bad tin is dat, she ll friend zone anyone the really loves her.
ladies Mata, na very serious Mata after politics..
My candid advice for guys is dat; if u love a lady, let her know,if she doesn't respond, pls let her be, den focus on ur career..i ve since put d issues of ladies behind me after lots of trial...
Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
Threw in th towel few days ago.

The broke lady only had sex to offer,nothing else... undecided
Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by kinibigdeal(m): 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
Linqsz:
Threw in th towel few days ago.

The broke lady only had sex to offer,nothing else... undecided
like seriously
Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by chigoizie7(m): 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
Pineapp:
Even the bible says that at the end, five women shall beg to bear one mans name.

I just hope that will be in dis our present generation ooh.
Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by Strongfaze(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
With the challenges posed by relationships these days, you will observe that most of those in relationships cannot sleep with their two eyes closed. That's why guys are 'giving up' on women.
Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
kinibigdeal:

like seriously

Bro...should thank jah for saving a brother.
Relationships ain't about beauty nor brain..character and level of reasoning should be checked.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? by Odunharry(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
bulldogpuppy:
op you are not far from the truth me am also tired from all their useless games n shakara n forming ..as if they are doing u a favor by association with u...for d past 6 months never chased any girl n am happy DAt
way..its funny cos they now crave my attention cos I don't notice dem..I need to improve my life n family
ignore ladies and many will be wondering why and will be the one to chase you...
chase them and see the reverse

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Baes Could Really Be Frustrating (PHOTO) / . / He Raped Me, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.