Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone (26200 Views)

Ex-CBN Staff Forfeits TEEDEK Polytechnic To Government [Photos] / Falana Wants EFCC To Probe Loans Given By Ex-CBN Governors / Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by hackerboogey: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by LAfricana(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2015
k
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by hayoakins(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2015
I love to like this Man. A role model to financial gurus
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by asumo12: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2015
Getting more kidz!

cheesy

Emeskhalifa:
D rich gettin richer and d poor..... ?
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by morereb10: 10:42am On Jun 12, 2015
is not abou were u r, is about were u r going and to have were u r going, ur brain is the key. please invest in your brains by investing in yourself via academics
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by piicity(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2015
What most readers fail to understand is that Sanusi was not made the chairman because of its wealth of experience but rather for his ability to bring business to Blackstone. I am sure his appointment has everything to do with the new government in power. If GEJ had won am sure there is no way Blackstone would have appointed. If am not mistaking he Sanusi must have invested alot in the company as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by millionaireman: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2015
Lol, Blackstone searching for a foothold on proceeds from crude oil from Niger delta.

Well, do you blame them, blame some of these SS people who would rather have someone from Afghanistan eat from Niger delta crude oil, instead of the SS to join hands with their SE neighbours to get the best from the oil and gas in the two regions of SS and SE.

1 Like

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by freshvine(f): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2015
The white investors are using him to get close to the seat of power for government patronage.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by ohil: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2015
Why, do we Nigerians forget quickly, all the money he took from CBN in the name of funding one thing or the other was invested in that company. Beside, he got the throne of emir by crook, not on merit. God is watching. How do you think a white man can call such a man and give him the position of the chairman without heavy financial investment. LET US BE WISE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Bdemmy(m): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2015
The politricks in that move:

It will make both companies get businesses in Nigeria. Especially in the power sector.

1 Like

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by millionaireman: 10:55am On Jun 12, 2015
One hungry Oyibo forms a company, looks for Africans corrupt enough or with connection to political leaders to incorporate in the business.

Emir Sanusi was part of Nigeria's government as CB governor for close to five years, if he had that far sight over Africa's problems, why did he not make an impact while in government?

He was rather fighting the government he was part of for return of Nigeria's apex political power to his north of Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by paulibling(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2015
Tolexander:

http://www.punchng.com/business/money/ex-cbn-governor-sanusi-joins-blackstone/
“We know that as Chairman of Black Rhino, the Emir will provide business.

This is the subject of the matter. Case closed.
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Sagamite(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2015
I can bet this gig would be like anywhere between $0.5m to $2m annually in pay to come and sit once a month in a board meeting and make the ad hoc phone calls to people that can stop any undue obstructions to the projects of this Fund.
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2015
Tolexander:
oh bro, you can't say SLS is greater than the throne of the Emiership he occupies cos the throne is important as a heir to it.

Even if SLS was operating in World Bank, he wouldn't mind abandoning the post to take up the throne.

The is a place of Tradition and there is a place of politics. Kano Emirship and Sokoto Sultanate are very paramount and important to the Hausas and Fulanis than your feelings towards SLS.

You think if the Sultanate throne was available in the early and mid 60s, Amahdu Bello wouldn't relinquish the Premiership of the Northern region to take up the role or even go on with the two roles ie Premier of the Northern Region and Sultan of Sokoto?

The position is dear to them than.
If you look at it from Heritage and Cultural perspective , the Throne is greater than all subject of the throne including the king himself . I am only talking about the responsibilities attached to the throne as not challenging enough for the personality of Sanusi. ....

Virtually most royals wants to lead their heritage and become the spiritual leader to their people .... The regard and respect attached to it is beyond this world.

I am talking in perspective of the duties attached to the throne as not challenging enough for a think-tank and a corporate personality ...... Though, you can use your extensive knowledge, connections, outreach and experiences to bring developments into your territory but it is different from being a CEO.

The throne is surely a resting place for a retired corporate personality ...... and I think Sanusi is that person but He retired so soon and denied Nigerians his corporate services only to serve Kano people. cheesy
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2015
[size=20pt]Hit my signature or contact me and know how we make money 20% weekly profit ROI here[/size]
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by ITbomb(m): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2015
Is he going to wear that flowing oversized gown to board meeting in New York?
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by ohil: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2015
Sanusi, is not more than than that throne. Infact he should be confided in that throne. He criticize but he does not practice what he preach. HOW DO HE BECAME THE EMIR?
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by 9jii(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I dont know why such a brilliant and courageous man should make wearing one heavy load on his head as his life ambition.

I 've followedsanusii over the years and I find him really exceptional in terms of his brilliance and capacity to look in your face and tell you the truth.

I would have preferred him to hold a problematic ministry in this administration where he would make the difference,but he chose to go sit down in one palace.

It's his life sha!
You'll never know the value of your people if they never value you. Know more.
It's not your fault.
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Guyman02: 11:40am On Jun 12, 2015
Has Sanusi banned Almajiri in his domain? No he needs them for future rioting and election rigging

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2015
CR77:
cheesy The Zoo country grin cheesy

And ruled by a bunch of baboons and monkeys, who are only interestd in legalizing sex for a 11 year old kid

1 Like

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by anonimi: 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
The mallam VP Osunbade is PROTECTING with court injuction from probing the stolen billions

barcanista:
Since I was born, I have never witness the kind of hypocrisy, double standard and demonisation that is currently perpetrated by Muhammadu Buhari, the APC, Alhaji Sanusi, Osinbajo and their "good governance crusaders" against the person of President Goodluck Jonathan, Allison Madekwe, and other government officials.

Alhajis Buhari and Sanusi and APC have been going about using every platform to talk about a "missing $20b", cheered by their hypocritical followers that pride themselves as good governance crusaders. They have deliberately gone blind over the fraud of CBN under Sanusi as outlined by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria report in February 2014.

Sanusi Indicted And Removed For Fraud
According to the report (see below) Sanusi was indicted for Gross Misconduct that bothers on fraud and financial recklessness among other offence. The FRCN subsequently advised Mr President to remove Lamido Sanusi from office for further investigation and probe after the explanation of Sanusi appeared more like a tale and outrightly illogical according to FRCN. The council indicates that the explanation provided by Sanusi is “a clear display of incompetence, nonchalance, fraud, wastefulness, and abuse of due process and deliberate efforts to misrepresent facts on the part of the leadership of the CBN.”

The council advised the President to exercise the powers conferred on him by Section 11(2)(f) of the CBN Act 2007 or invoke Section 11(2)(c) of the said Act “and cause the governor and the deputy governors to cease from holding office in the CBN.”

April 2014: VP-elect Yemi Osibanjo Filed Case To Stop Sanusi Probe
Rather than Sanusi to prove his innocence in court, he filed a case in Federal High Court, Lagos to STOP FRCN and Other Security Agencies from investigating and prosecuting him through three Senior Advocates of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, Dr. Kanyinsola Ajayi and Kola Awodien.
http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=24587

13 May 2014: Lagos Judge Tshoho Grants Sanusi Prayers
High Court Judge John Tshoho rather than uphold the constitutional powers of FRCN to investigate probe Sanusi, he granted the prayers of Lamido Sanusi and BARRED FRCN from further investigation or probing Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. In his own words...
“Prejudice is very pronounced in the language of that document. The language of the briefing note (transmitted by the FRCN to the presidency) conveys a sense of the defendant desperately goading the presidency to deal with the plaintiff,”
“The plaintiff submitting himself for investigation (by FRCN) is like the cockroach finding itself in the midst of fowls. Such a cockroach cannot be innocent,”.

http://www.tv360nigeria.com/?p=11923

Despite the fact the President Jonathan commissioned PWC to audit NNPC books to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of Sanusi's claim, Buhari, APC, Sanusi and their online agents that parade themselves as good governance and anticorruption apostles have been crying blue murder but refused to comment on the FRCN report nor the APC's VP elect role in shielding Sanusi for probe.

April 26, 2015: Buhari's Display of Hypocrisy
In his usual hypocrisy, General Buahri vowed to re-visit the $20b allegation but said NOTHING about the FRCN report. In his own word... “Imagine a situation where the former CBN governor who by God ‘s grace would later become the  Emir of Kano raised an  issue of missing billions of money, not in Naira but in Dollars, $20 billion.
“What happened, instead of investigating to know whether it was true that the money was missing or not, they simply found a reason to remove him. So these are the issues we are talking about…"

Contrary to the lies of Alhaji Buhari, Sanusi wasn't removed because he raised alarm, he was removed because he was indicted by FRCN. Jonathan also never kept mute, he commissioned PWC to audit the books. Buhari was also blind to talk about prosecuting Sanusi for the CBN fraud. Perhaps the Emir is as "incorruptible" as him(Buhari)..
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by CR77(f): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
lol
Amara25god:

And ruled by a bunch of baboons and monkeys, who are only interestd in legalizing sex for a 11 year old kid
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Demdem(m): 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
An Emir with class. Kudos.
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by ProfyJay(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
Amara25god:
That is how things are being in the zoological republic
A republic that you are a part of which makes you come from the animal kingdom angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Mujah1deen: 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Congratulations Emir
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Brunel(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
Last year, Black Rhino and Dangote Industries announced a commitment to
jointly invest up to $5bn over the next five years in energy infrastructure
projects across sub-Saharan

The whole article didn't make sense to me till I saw the above.
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Tolexander: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
Lushcream:
If you look at it from Heritage and Cultural perspective , the Throne is greater than all subject of the throne including the king himself . I am only talking about the responsibilities attached to the throne as not challenging enough for the personality of Sanusi. ....

Virtually most royals wants to lead their heritage and become the spiritual leader to their people .... The regard and respect attached to it is beyond this world.

I am talking in perspective of the duties attached to the throne as not challenging enough for a think-tank and a corporate personality ...... Though, you can use your extensive knowledge, connections, outreach and experiences to bring developments into your territory but it is different from being a CEO.

The throne is surely a resting place for a retired corporate personality ...... and I think Sanusi is that person but He retired so soon and denied Nigerians his corporate services only to serve Kano people. cheesy

I also like SLS to be part of the team that will transform the nation like you anyway.

But you have to understand the fact that the throne of the Emirship he occupies is by heir while the service to the national interest is by acquisition through training and knowledge. Hence, a calling supersedes the other. cheesy
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by rabol(m): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
I dont know why such a brilliant and courageous man should make wearing one heavy load on his head as his life ambition.

I 've followedsanusii over the years and I find him really exceptional in terms of his brilliance and capacity to look in your face and tell you the truth.

I would have preferred him to hold a problematic ministry in this administration where he would make the difference,but he chose to go sit down in one palace.

It's his life sha!

As much your as I agree with your recommendation of him holding a vital, problematic post, i'll also love to submit my own view. You see, my people have a saying and it goes thus: won ni won o fe o n'ilu, o n darin. Ti o ba daa tan, ta lo ma ba e gbee (they say dem no want you in a gathering, you dey try sing. When you carry the chorus, who go help you carry am?). What im tryna say in essence is that honesty and integrity are no more the order of the day, lies and deception are. Politics of today can feel like hell for men of integrity cos you hardly find anyone who shares your sentiments and ready to stand by you. I'd rather retire and watch them play their games if its not in tune with what I stand for. Pardon the long epistle
Re: Ex-cbn Governor, Sanusi, Joins Blackstone by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
ProfyJay:

A republic that you are a part of which makes you come from the animal kingdom angry

God forbid that I should belong in this animal kingdom that legalizes sex for an 11 year old girl...I don't belong among them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magnus Abe Withdraws From APC Governorship Race / Bashir Ahmad Gives Asks INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi / 2019 Presidency: North Rules Out Blanket Support For Buhari..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.