Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". (24690 Views)

APC Lists Buhari’s Achievements Despite Report Of Economic Recession / Buhari’s Achievements In First Year In Office - Presidency / Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 9:31am On Jun 12, 2015
Good morning.

Ordinarily, joining issues with doomsday prophets is what I hardly do but on this particular occasion, I am compelled to write this in order to set the records straight.

There's certainly no doubt a lot of young lads with impressionable minds roam this site daily to keep abreast with the latest goings-on in our society. These guys have minds like a fresh canvas upon which an image or a painting should be made, most of which are indelible. When you try to erase the painting when the paint sets on the canvas, you wind up destroying the canvas itself- you destroy the mind.

On the flip side we also have genuinely ignorant adults who swallow whatever is served them hook line and sinker, most of them too lazy to go a bit further to verify information they are being fed with. They take the lies they read here, propagate them among their peers and younger folks who look up to them in the main street, and in the end, lies become staple to the general public.

This piece, belated as it may, is meant to be an eye opener to those who care to keep an open mind to divergent opinions as they relate to government and governance in this country.

1. Anti Corruption.

Regarding this, the Op made reference to Timipre Silva's and Murtala Nyako's cases, and said: "Buhari is yet to make any high profile arrest or prosecution since coming into power". He claimed both have been cleared. Haha. How bigger can a lie get?? Nowhere has Murtala been given a clean bill of health, but he lumped it up with Timipre's case in order to deceive gullible readers as to the "similarities" in both cases. Even the link he provided didn't say Nyako has been cleared.

Further, what kind of corruption case can be dispensed of in 12 days!!?? The op wants the president to make "high profile arrests and prosecution in 12 days. Are we in a military regime?? Isn't this totally laughable??

In which court can such be achieved?? What good is there making an arrest and charging one to court when you don't have your facts and evidence to build a water tight case and get a conviction?? Does the op have any idea the investigations going on underground (I'm not saying there are, but chances are there could be) which could possibly result in an indictment??

Now, here are the things I think the op deliberately ignored:

(a) Former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff has submitted himself to the authorities for onward processing.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184335-ex-borno-governor-modu-sheriff-hands-himself-in-to-efcc.html.

(b) Some officials of the immediate ps government have started returning stolen monies .

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184721-jonathans-men-returning-stolen-money-el-rufai.html

(c) Oil Traders, NNPC Officials Interrogated,
Watch-listed in Major Investigation

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oil-traders-nnpc-officials-interrogated-watch-listed-in-major-investigation/211388/

(d) EFCC arraigns CBN officials, others for N8bn currency scam.

www.punchng.com/news/efcc-arraigns-cbn-officials-others-for-n8bn-currency-scam/

(e) Buhari Reopens $182m Halliburton
Bribery Case, 3 Ex-Presidents May be Jailed.

m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/181746/1/nigeria-buhari-reopens-182m-halliburton-bribery-ca.html

(f) Buhar's Anti-corruption War Takes Off.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buharis-anti-corruption-war-takes-off/

(g) 14 Foreigners Arrested For Oil Bunkering.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/06/10/14-
foreigners-3-vessels-charged-with-bunkering/

(h) Former police IG Mike Okiro in Court over Embezzlement.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184566-ex-police-ig-okiro-denies-stealing-n275m-says-own-aide-set-him-up.html

From the foregoing, there's no gainsaying the side to which this government is tilting in terms of sanitising and purging the system of corruption in whichever forms they may exist.

I challenge anyone to show me what the immediate past administration did in this regard within 12days!

2. Transparency.

From anti corruption, the op went on to touch on transparency, pointing to the president's "non declaration of assets publicly".

Here's what people tend not to understand about assets declaration.

First of all, Assets declaration on assumption of office is totally useless with non-disclosure upon exit from office. The purpose of declaring your assets on assuming office is for the authorities, and indeed the public, to know how much you are worth before being handed a position. After leaving the position, you are meant to declare your assets again. This is meant to reveal, as the case my be, how much you acquired over the period covered from your initial declaration. If what you declare is way and above what is deemed "acquireable" under the circumstance, then a case could be established against you for illegal acquisition of wealth. That is, you must have corruptly enriched yourself.

Now, when you declare your assets by filling the form from CCB, a time frame is given within which investigations are carried out by the body to determine the veracity or otherwise of the claims made therein. Most politicians declare their assets in liu of what is to be acquired. They might say they own "XYZ" estate in Banana Island with the hope that they could steal enough money to build same in due time. Eventually, when they happen to declare their assets when leaving office, the content of the form would appear the same as that which they submitted on assumption of office, giving the wrong impression that they've stolen NOTHING!

Therefore, it is very important that verification is being carried out on declared assets and liabilities so as to avoid the scenario described above. When this is done and the assets are not declared publicly or access is being denied the public by CCB perusal of the forms , then we can say the president has gone back on his promise. At this point, it is simply premature criticising them on transparency based on assets declaration.

3. Security.

On Security, the poster talked about non rescue of the Chibok Girls and the spike in Boko Haram activities.

Frankly, this is totally nonsensical, and made me laugh. I really don't know how to go about shedding light on this one but the poster was just being cheeky. smiley

In the inaugural address by the President, he made particular reference to the Chibok girls. He stated that they've not been forgotten and everything within the powers of the government would be done to ensure the girls re rescued and re-united with their parents. The op expects them to be rescued in 12 days!! Wow. Even the Israeli Commandos would find this very laughable. I don't even have to mention the attitude of the immediate past government towards this issue, especially in it's initial stages- two weeks we heard it took the ex-president to come to believe the incident actually happened.

In addition, we've seen the president embark on painstaking trips, rallying our neighbours to form a common alliance to fight this monster head on. He's held bilateral and trilateral talks with some heads of states, brainstorming on how best to approach the knotty issue.

Countries have made commitments on assistance in this regard ( www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/g7-france-canada-germany-back-buhari-on-fight-against-boko-haram/) and hopefully, before long, we'd start seeing concrete outcome of all these

Since the op stated the number of deaths recorded so far (don't know where he got that figure from since he provided no links), here's a time-line of the terrorists related incidents since they barged their way into our consciousness.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Boko_Haram_insurgency

It is simply too early in the day to start condemning Mr President in this regard- come on guys!

4. Economy.

Here, reference was made by the op to the sale of PMS above the official price of N87.

To me, this is another feeble attempt at casting this government in bad light. There is no doubt the situation that obtains today represents a huge departure from what it was three weeks ago when the country was virtually brought down to her knees with an acute scarcity of PMS, and where available, sold for no less than N250 per litre- N400 in some cases I read! Not only was there scarcity and a price hike, electricity was totally nonexistent- the country was, simply put, on life support!

Now the situation has eased up. Even though we are not where we desire to be, there's been a remarkable improvement. No??

5. Governance.

In this regard, the op points to the non-appointment of heads of agencies and parastatals as a mark of failure- very very ignorant I must say. This issue has been thrashed time again but the PDP supporters keep harping on it. I just don't understand why.

Now, check this out. We know what a heterogeneous country Nigeria is with its many ethnic groups and power blocks. We know that a delicate balance must be maintained in the appointment of heads of government bodies so avoid a nasty situation where power appears concentrated in a particular region. Given what has played out in the National Assembly, shouldn't Nigerians be happy these appointments were not made earlier?? Had the appointments been made in such a manner the principals of the National Assembly come from the same regions, states, or ethnic groups as the appointees, who would have been the ones crying of marginalisation??- Nigerians- I hear someone say.

So, the president in his wisdom, refrained from making any official pronouncements of who is to oversee what, and I think that is commendable. Now that the NASS has been inaugurated, the picture appears clearer and such decisions can be taken in a more accommodating fashion.

Lastly, just so you know, "GOVERNANCE" is a sum total of the outcome of all the indices stated above and not just some appointments here and there

I challenge anyone to tell us what Jonathan, or any other president for that matter, achieved in their first 12 Days in office.

Thank you all.

Long Live Nigeria.

Long Live President Mohamadu Buhari.

Cc: Obiagelli, Demdem, Beremx, Midolian, Pendy69, Jarlons, Mynd44, Caseless, Gbawe, Egift, Donphilopus, Aresa, NgeneUkwenu et al.

317 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Aminat508(f): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2015
God Bless Our President, General Muhammad Buhari (GCFR)

kiss kiss kiss

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Firefire(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2015
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2015
12 days and all this debate? Its a 4 year tenure for goodness sake , let's be positive.

52 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2015
Kudos for pointing some facts out. "a watched kettle never boils". Some people expect miracles. But the problems that have existed for 16years cannot be solved by waving a magic wand. It will take time before changes (if any) will be visible. Lets see what happens in the next 100 days, then the next one year. Gradually things will take shape. It will be outrightly silly to expect change after 2weeks.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by mrmetoo1: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Add this to your anti-corruption list

N18.3bn Pension Scam: EFCC re-arraigns Teidi, ex-Pension Director, others

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/11/n18-3bn-pension-scam-efcc-re-arraigns-teidi-ex-pension-director-others/

36 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Firefire(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:

!

I expect you to give your opinion(s) without attacking the previous OP.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2015
Firefire:
cheesy
You find this funny?? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2015
Aminat508:
Thanks OP...

God Bless Our President, General Muhammad Buhari (GCFR)

kiss kiss kiss
You welcome. I'm in the mood to break balls today. cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Firefire(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
You find this funny?? cheesy

Yes!

Please leave all this story, tell PMB to start working... 14 Days wasted already.

I met with President Michelle of West Germany - Buhari grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Aminat508(f): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
You welcome. I'm in the mood to break balls today. cheesy
. Well done

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by eraly(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2015
I love this. Nice 1

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
Firefire:

I expect you to give your opinion(s) without attacking the previous OP.

Well, I didn't really attack him, I only made reference to the things he said. Where's the "attack"?? smiley

24 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by hahn(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
Omenka, you get time.

These people are allergic to rational and non bias thinking. I still have a headache from reading the nonsense barcanista wrote. They are supposed to be the opposition but unfortunately their criticisms are borne more out of personal bias, immaturity, a resentment for the president and a deliberate attempt to ridicule the goverment instead of patriotism.

PMB still has time to prove himself and every rational mind knows that reshaping Nigeria will take time and its obvious that things are being handled differently by this administration. I guess they miss the old ways of doing things

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by nortcentrallord(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
Op, you are a very good joke. I will hit on one point now and whe I have time, I will edit and finish up. Was Buhari sleeping when he said he was going to declare his asset publicly? As a man of Intergrity, shouldn't he be making it a reality and setting the pace to declare his asset even after he leaves office? I wonder how people like you can comfortable defend impunity. I 'll be right back.

10 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by INTROVERT(f): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
This should be interesting
Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by MaziOmenuko: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2015
You guys take these TANoids too serious. We fought for PMB to be the president and as long as I am concerned, the war has been won. They have 4 yrs+ to keep lying and playing ostrich while the rebuilding process continues.

After destroying the country for 6yrs, they don't have any moral justification to demand for change, a project they never believed in in the first place.

77 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Aminat508(f): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
You guys take these TANoids too serious. We fought for PMB to be the president and as long as I am concerned, the war has been won. They have 4 yrs+ to keep lying and playing ostrich while the rebuilding process continues.

After destroying the country for 6yrs, they don't have any moral justification to demand for change, a project they never believed in in the first place.
. Gbam!! kiss kiss

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by dulaman: 9:45am On Jun 12, 2015
barca post when he was pro- buhari used to be detailed and well research and I sensed from his writing he love PMB
but ever since him change gear, I deduce he still have that love for PMB deep inside, but just doing his job because they way he attacked GEJ eh,buhari never receive quarter,
buhari is someone your heart will force you to love even If u hate him

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Aminat508(f): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
This should be interesting
. Sweetie sit down, make we share dis porpcorn

4 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Firefire(m): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
Well, I didn't really attack him, I only made reference to the things he said. Where's the "attack"?? smiley

..."Frankly, this is totally nonsensical..." Omeka

I expect all to join hands and ask the President in Buhari to start work already.

- Nigerians are still being killed everyday in Maiduguri by Boko Haram.

- Workers in Osun, Oyo, Kwara, Imo, Benue etc are still suffering without pay for their labor.

And APC best action now is infighting and struggle for power when the citizen demands immediate CHANGE.

13 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 12, 2015
Ofcourse; The stiff-necked TANdroids will never learn from this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2015
Ordinarily I would have addressed this right here but I shall address every point on a fresh thread. I think some paid trolls are trying so hard to mislead Nigerians.

I urge readers to be at alert on my reply to distortion of truth by the OP!

Meanwhile, the so-called retuned funds are false, the so called. Asset stuff are fables and the so-called sheriff stuff is half truth.

Pls see a rejoinder here https://www.nairaland.com/2374893/twelve-days-office-buharis-achievement

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by donphilopus: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2015
@OP, does anyone still take the OP of the aforesaid thread seriously? The guy who has started modifying most of the threads he created prior to the election? If he still defects back to APC (God forbid), he would modify most of the threads he's creating now.

27 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by omenka(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2015
Firefire:

I expect all to join hands and ask the President in Buhari to start work already.

- Workers in Osun, Oyo, Kwara, Imo, Benue etc are still suffering without pay for their labor.

And APC best action now is infighting and struggle for power when the citizen demands immediate CHANGE.
Seen. Your attempt to derail has been noted.

23 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Firefire(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2015
donphilopus:
@OP, does anyone still take the OP of the aforesaid thread seriously? The guy who has started modifying most of the threads he created prior to the election? If he still defects back to APC (God forbid), he would modify most of the threads he's creating now.

How does this "'President' Muhammadu Buhari" ? Disappointing ? Maybe.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by gists: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2015
OP,
That person suddenly turned to a complete nuisance. Initially reserved some bit of respect for him because anyone has the right to switch sides based on conviction. But in recent times he just proved me wrong attacking every single move the president makes without any justification other than sheer hatred. He's like someone looking for ever excuse under the sun to criticize PMB just to console himself that GEJ was not a failure. Like you said how on earth does someone expect a case of that magnitude to be completed in less than 2 weeks. Even some military tribunals take much longer.

18 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Firefire(m): 9:52am On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
Seen. Your attempt to derail has been noted.

Derail? Another accusation. Ok, I leave in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Firefire(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2015
gists:
OP,
That person suddenly turned to a complete nuisance. Initially reserved some bit of respect for him because anyone has the right to switch sides based on conviction. But in recent times he just proved me wrong attacking every single move the president makes without any justification other than sheer hatred. He's like someone looking for ever excuse under the sun to criticize PMB just to console himself that GEJ was not a failure. Like you said how on earth does someone expect a case of that magnitude to be completed in less than 2 weeks. Even some military tribunals take much longer.

Please don't derail, face the topic and not the previous OP. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2015
Omenka, They took Nigeria's money for TAM on refineries since 2012 no result. But fear of Buhari has now made them return to fix the refineries.

Refinery will start working in August!

Buhari Magic!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by INTROVERT(f): 9:54am On Jun 12, 2015
Aminat508:
. Sweetie sit down, make we share dis porpcorn

Make i bring 2 smoove chapman come here sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". by Wealthyone: 9:55am On Jun 12, 2015
Firefire:

But you never asked Jonathan to work during his tenure. Baba will never disappoint cos God is with him.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Press Briefing Of Ese Oruru In Abuja / Breaking News Buhari Appoints 209 Board Chairmen / Senator Bukola Saraki In Lagos To Meet With PDP Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.