Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 (7053 Views)

Harassment Of PDP Leaders Is Buhari’s Achievement – Fayose / Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". / Efforts and Signs of President Buhari In Twelve Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 12, 2015
I did a write-up 2days ago highlighting the 12 days "achievements" of President Buhari. However, I'm taking pains to write this in response to the deliberate attempt by a member of "Sai Buhari" (https://www.nairaland.com/2374585/rejoinder-twelve-days-office-buharis#34687847)crew to twist fact and mislead innocent Nigerians in his so-called rejoinder to my original piece.

Anti-Corruption:
In my original report I made reference to the freeing of APC Chief Timpre Sylva by the Buhari government who was facing N22B fraud. I also made mention of fugitive exGov Admiral Nyako who was declared wanted by the EFCC under the previous administration only for him to return 24hrs after Buhari's inauguration, and today he's walking free. I am glad the Sai Buhari fanatics didn't deny that.

The author of the so-called rejoinder made the following "points" to justify Buhari's anti-corruption drive

(a) Former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff has submitted himself to the authorities for onward processing.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184335-ex-borno-governor-modu-sheriff-hands-himself-in-to-efcc.html.
The truth is that about Sheriff is that the EFCC under exPresident Jonathan had invited him for questioning in April 23, 2015. Sheriff refused to honor the invitation and on May 25 the commission announced the it will declare Sheriff wanted. www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/55529-efcc-threatens-to-declare-modu-sheriff-wanted. Sheriff had to submit himself to EFCC on June 2, 2015(now after Buhari took over). Till date the Buhari led EFCC is yet to continue from where GEJ stopped by prosecuting the man. This is TEN days after, and he's walking free.

(b) Some officials of the immediate ps government have started returning stolen monies .
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184721-jonathans-men-returning-stolen-money-el-rufai.html
This is false! Nasir Elrufai who is an APC chieftain made the false report. He never mentioned who returned any money, how much was returned, who received the money or when it was returned. Nobody has returned ANY kobo. I challenge whoever have facts to come up. This is simply APC propaganda to hoodwink Nigerians.

(c) Oil Traders, NNPC Officials Interrogated,
Watch-listed in Major Investigation.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oil-traders-nnpc-officials-interrogated-watch-listed-in-major-investigation/211388/
This event started under Goodluck Jonathan's administration. Then Petroleum Minister(Alison Madueke) In a letter dated May 18, 2015, with the approval of former President Goodluck Jonathan, written to the EFCC requesting that it looked into the Swaps/OPAs "in order to clarify the status of crude oil allocations to the trading firms and the petroleum products that had imported into the country on behalf of NNPC’s product distribution subsidiary – Pipelines & Products Marketing Company"

It becomes shameful that a Sai Buhari fan will attribute such giant feat of Goodluck Jonathan to"Buhari" that did nothing in the process.

(d) EFCC arraigns CBN officials, others for N8bn currency scam.
www.punchng.com/news/efcc-arraigns-cbn-officials-others-for-n8bn-currency-scam/
The investigation of this crime started in SEPTEMBER 2014 under the administration of exPresident Jonathan. According to CBN “During a routine internal audit of the Bank’s Cash Destruction activities in September 2014, the CBN Briquetting Panel, comprising Senior Bank Staff from different branches, noticed some anomalies at the Ibadan Branch, and immediately reported this to the Bank’s Management."
Petition was sent to EFCC on November 3, 2014. The EFCC immediately started their investigation and the suspects were arrested. The EFCC on Sunday May 31 made the announcement that the suspects are already in their custody. Everything started with Jonathan and not Buhari
www.premiumtimesng.com/business/184090-how-central-bank-officials-defrauded-nigeria-of-n8-billion-efcc.html

(e) Buhari Reopens $182m Halliburton
Bribery Case, 3 Ex-Presidents May be Jailed.
m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/181746/1/nigeria-buhari-reopens-182m-halliburton-bribery-ca.html
Well let me state that it was REPORTED that Buhari has ordered for investigation into Halliburton bribery scandal but it WAS NOT reported who and who makes up the "Investigative" Committee. Neither have we been told who was invited, arrested or detained in connection with the investigation. Now even the said report CONTRADicTED itself
The security source further disclosed to Saturday that the case file would soon be reopened “and all those who were invited during the investigation will soon appear again.”
Till date we have neither heard any oFficial statement neither have we heard any report with respect to this.

(f) Buhar's Anti-corruption War Takes Off.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buharis-anti-corruption-war-takes-off/
Nothing can be more evil and misleading than this deliberiate attempt to deceive people. In that said report the Head of Service was clarifying the job of Permanent Secretary with respect to award of contract. It has NOTHING to do with anti-corruption. Nobody was indicted or even reportedly arrested. I don't know why this people will stoop this low.

(g) 14 Foreigners Arrested For Oil Bunkering.
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/06/10/14-
foreigners-3-vessels-charged-with-bunkering/
This is again another achievement of President Jonathan. These Foreigners were arrested on March 8, 2015 under Gej's administration by the Nigeria navy. The Navy thereafter handed them over to EFCC for further investigation. The EFCC after investigation arraigned the suspects in court about 5days ago. However, this is a theft case and does not fall under "High Profile" corruption case, which refers to theft by government officials.

(h) Former police IG Mike Okiro in Court over Embezzlement.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184566-ex-police-ig-okiro-denies-stealing-n275m-says-own-aide-set-him-up.html
This is false and fraudulent. Mike Okiro has NEVER been arrested or arraigned in court. In fact in the report, Okiro did a Press Conference to deny the allegation by his Aide Mr Kaase against him. In fact, he went ahead to say that the said Mr Kaase has been arrested for making false accusation and defrauding someone by SARS. I challenge people to read the link.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 12, 2015
2. Transparency:
The so-called Buharist tried to justify the non-public declaration of asset after it has been severely dealt with and perhaps overflogged. For the record, there is no relationship between Public Asset Declaration (PAD) and Code of Conduct Bureau "verification". In fact, the CCB verification is only concerned with the statutory "Secret" Asset Declaration that has always been done by every politician which Buhari did.

3. Security:
It is on record that BH has attacked 9 times since May 29. It is also on record that over 500 people have been killed in these attacks. We all know that the President has been touring the world and making rhetorics but we are yet to see any new mechanism set up. The President announced that the command center will be moved to Maidugury, only for him to "repackage" the 7th Command in Maiduguri that was setup under GEJ's administration as the command center. We are yet to see a new policy/direction on the BBOG campaign. The Buharist said Foreign government had made commitment to Buhari to help, but he forgot that foreign government had always been saying the same rhetoric even to Jonathan. See this May 2014 report
www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-nigeria-schoolgirls/nigeria-will-conquer-boko-haram-goodluck-jonathan-says-n100116
How can one count verbal pledge of foreign government as achievement? Is Buhari the first to receive such pledge?

Economy
Throughout the tenure of Jonathan the pump price of PMS was at government approved price until the tale end of the administration. The Buhari government has been in d saddle for 14 days already, part payment of subsidy claims has been paid but instead of the approved N87/Ltr Nigerians are sold N120-130/ litre in filling stations.
The Buhari defender to justify the evil ALLEGED that under GEJ Nigerians bought fuel at N500/ltr. This is false. Even at the height of the scarcity, fuel never went that high except of BLACK Market. In fact, the scarcity was attributed to strike by the marketers but what can we attribute the N120-140/ltr under Buhari to?

Governance:
I don't know what justification is there for a President to go on 14_day streak without a Chief of Staff, Heads of Parastatals, Secretary to the Government of the Federation and even Special Advisers. Even state Governors appointed these key officials in less than 72 hours of taking office. The business of governance is a very serious one, this Buhari and burists do not understand. As at today Nigeria is on Auto-pilot.

Ordinarily I had expected supporters and praise singers of the Buhari-led administration to have sober reflection whether it is fair on their side to come to power via change mantra but shortchange Nigerians after taking the reins on power on May 29. It is a shame that we are in this kind of pathetic and sycophantic situation. May God help us all (Amen)

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by kestolove95(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2015
Mumu

18 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by ionsman: 11:51am On Jun 12, 2015
Na wa for this boy.....

Ordinarily I had expected supporters and praise singers of the Buhari-led administration to have sober reflection whether it is fair on their side to come to power via change mantra but shortchange Nigerians after taking the reins on power on May 29. It is a shame that we are in this kind of pathetic and sycophantic situation.
For crying out loud buhari has been president for 13 days get that into your thick skull. He still has 1447 days left. More over,any serious opposition starts criticizing after 100 days .
But you, a local champion here on nairaland, choose to come up with silly topics to satiate your followers while the main opposition which is Pdp, haven't said a word.I know they are patiently waiting for that 100 days mark That's maturity for you.
Grow up Barcanista Grow up. Evolve and stop being a local champion.

28 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2015
Fellow Country people, I am committed to good governance and I shall always avail myself to stand for what is right and just. We won't allow propagandists and sycophants to deceive us with their lies. We expect good governance and not fraudulent rhetoric.

Cc Lalasticlala ishilove Seun pls FP

Ecoterrors Anonimi Firefire Mogidi Temitemi1 Truckpusher Dearpreye Komek Mizmycoli Stebell altwireless ShowYourCertificate UnknownT Chreuv NDPVF Descartes Eurobomber

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Rilwayne001: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2015
Pro 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

Pro 26:12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

[size=15pt] INDEED, there is more hope for a fool than for the OP [/size]

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by INTROVERT(f): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2015
I'm here to read comments and give likes. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by arbitter: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2015
You're not the Only one with an 'opinion' here mister. So just save your bullshit for yourself. If anyone wants to hear from you they'll follow your crap.

Can you believe this guy? What do you think Nigerians are just lost without you or something?

One must be insane to keep sending your same old crap to the frontpage. Why dont you just wait till the time to do any so called criticism....OHHH thats right You're the guy that was actually 'criticizing' Buhari way before he even took the Oath of Office.

22 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Dannyset(m): 11:59am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
Fellow Country people, I am committed to good governance and I shall always avail myself to stand for what is right and just. We won't allow propagandists and sycophants to deceive us with their lies. We expect good governance and not fraudulent rhetoric.

Cc Lalasticlala ishilove Seun pls FP

Ecoterrors Anonimi Firefire Mogidi Temitemi1 Truckpusher Dearpreye Komek Mizmycoli Stebell altwireless ShowYourCertificate UnknownT Chreuv NDPVF Descartes Eurobomber
Nice one!
GEJ gave us good governance and he was not corrupt. Kudos.

8 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by MrPresident1: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2015
This foolish and infantile pettiness has to stop.

9 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Firefire(m): 11:59am On Jun 12, 2015
As it stands today, Nigerians believe that Buhari can solve all the problems confronting Nigeria at this time, being a Magician from Daura, we are perplex that up to the present moment, Alhaji Buhari has not done anything yet.

What is preventing Buhari from announcing his cabinet members?

14 Days wasted already.

- Chibok girls still in captivity

- Boko Haram are still killing Nigerians every single day, fourteen days consecutively.

- Fuel Scarcity still persist

- Dollar still remain N214

- Osun, Oyo, Kwara, Benue, Imo all still unable to pay staff salaries.

Buhari should start the work of CHANGE or resign his position. undecided

"I met with President Michelle of West Germany" - Buhari.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Seun, Lalasticlala and Ishilove: I thank you for giving us the platform and equal opportunity to air our view. In the spirit of fairness which NL represent, I appeal that this thread be promoted to FP. Thank you once again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by anonimi: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dannyset:

Nice one!

I thought we did NOT re-elect Jonathan.

We elected Gen. Buhari for BETTER change, nor be so again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by UnknownT: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
You guys should stop this "ad hominem", counter his points and not insult his person.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by shina419(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
And let me ask u a question mention anything we Nigerians benefitted under Gej,just one ,guy u nid serious check up before u kick the bucket.Hisssss mad man

7 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by shina419(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
I'm here to read comments and give likes. grin
small girl
Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
You are sounding bitter and frustrated. Did anyone stop you from airing your "opinion"? Btw this thread is to set matter straight.
Relax and stop sounding pained. You are at liberty to counter the points raised.
arbitter:
You're not the Only one with an 'opinion' here mister. So just save your bullshit for yourself. If anyone wants to hear from you they'll follow your crap.

Can you believe this guy? What do you think Nigerians are just lost without you or something?

One must be insane to keep sending your same old crap to the frontpage. Why dont you just wait till the time to do any so called criticism....OHHH thats right You're the guy that was actually 'criticizing' Buhari way before he even took the Oath of Office.

5 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Mayour11(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
this is interesting
Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by shina419(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
and pls my fellow Nigeria don't bother reading this trash

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
No bro, allow them insult "barcanista". They've been doing that since Feb 16.. Let's see if they will continue till 2019
UnknownT:
You guys should stop this "ad hominem", counter his points and not insult his person.

4 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Tayeni(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dannyset:

Nice one!
hehehe....is this sarcasm or are u for real?

5 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Brown47: 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
it still made no sense just like the previous first part

7 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by PassingShot(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Pro 26:11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

4 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by PassingShot(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Brown47:
it still made no sense just like the previous first part

2 Likes

torkaka:

. . . . . . . .goon, why are you running around like a rabid dog? . . . . . . . . . . .it is said that those who do not plan, plan to fail . . . . . . . . . . .minion, only unintelligent lost souls will expect the new administration to perform magic within 12 days . . . . . . . . . . . . . .boy, a government that knows its onions needs time to assess the situation of the rot in the country before taking direction . . . . . . . . . . . . .unintelligent analyst, no where in the world does a government or organisation takes over another and starts making pronouncements without properly studying the situation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .goon, you are not committed to good governance, rather you are driven by the selfish desire to use nairaland as a launch pad to enhance the fortunes of your rotten blog grin grin . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Gbam!

8 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by After1one: 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
anonimi:

You and who? Devilish being like you are disgusting. Your daily job on nairaland is to post silly meme and lies, only God knows how you sleep at night. Well, may you hand over your job to your children. Say amen if you are not being paid to post trash daily cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by INTROVERT(f): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
shina419:
small girl

BIG MAN.
Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista . another thread on this same issue shocked shocked shocked

have you no chill?

it is obvious that you are jobless and all you do for a living is write one article or another against the opposition or whoever is willing to pay you 'per post or per topic'

you are a real political jobber, hustler and protection seeker

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
anonimi:

For them to be calling Jonathan means they have no better thing to talk of Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by ademoladeji(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
Round 2...

#Observing the jabs and punches...

Grid-Lock Jonathan was a wicked and clueless president...

OP shld try grow up a bit because no sensible being will criticise a government just after two weeks in office!

Anyway, I so much believe in PMB administration... I'm gonna wait till the 100th day b4 I start evaluating the performances of his administration.

Re: Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's "Achievement" Part 2 by agarawu23(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
I did a write-up 2days ago highlighting the 12 days "achievements" of President Buhari. However, I'm taking pains to write this in response to the deliberate attempt by a member of "Sai Buhari" (https://www.nairaland.com/2374585/rejoinder-twelve-days-office-buharis#34687847)crew to twist fact and mislead innocent Nigerians in his so-called rejoinder to my original piece.

Anti-Corruption:
In my original report I made reference to the freeing of APC Chief Timpre Sylva by the Buhari government who was facing N22B fraud. I also made mention of fugitive exGov Admiral Nyako who was declared wanted by the EFCC under the previous administration only for him to return 24hrs after Buhari's inauguration, and today he's walking free. I am glad the Sai Buhari fanatics didn't deny that.

The author of the so-called rejoinder made the following "points" to justify Buhari's anti-corruption drive

The truth is that about Sheriff is that the EFCC under exPresident Jonathan had invited him for questioning in April 23, 2015. Sheriff refused to honor the invitation and on May 25 the commission announced the it will declare Sheriff wanted. www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/55529-efcc-threatens-to-declare-modu-sheriff-wanted. Sheriff had to submit himself to EFCC on June 2, 2015(now after Buhari took over). Till date the Buhari led EFCC is yet to continue from where GEJ stopped by prosecuting the man. This is TEN days after, and he's walking free.

This is false! Nasir Elrufai who is an APC chieftain made the false report. He never mentioned who returned any money, how much was returned, who received the money or when it was returned. Nobody has returned ANY kobo. I challenge whoever have facts to come up. This is simply APC propaganda to hoodwink Nigerians.

This event started under Goodluck Jonathan's administration. Then Petroleum Minister(Alison Madueke) In a letter dated May 18, 2015, with the approval of former President Goodluck Jonathan, written to the EFCC requesting that it looked into the Swaps/OPAs "in order to clarify the status of crude oil allocations to the trading firms and the petroleum products that had imported into the country on behalf of NNPC’s product distribution subsidiary – Pipelines & Products Marketing Company"

It becomes shameful that a Sai Buhari fan will attribute such giant feat of Goodluck Jonathan to"Buhari" that did nothing in the process.

The investigation of this crime started in SEPTEMBER 2014 under the administration of exPresident Jonathan. According to CBN “During a routine internal audit of the Bank’s Cash Destruction activities in September 2014, the CBN Briquetting Panel, comprising Senior Bank Staff from different branches, noticed some anomalies at the Ibadan Branch, and immediately reported this to the Bank’s Management."
Petition was sent to EFCC on November 3, 2014. The EFCC immediately started their investigation and the suspects were arrested. The EFCC on Sunday May 31 made the announcement that the suspects are already in their custody. Everything started with Jonathan and not Buhari
www.premiumtimesng.com/business/184090-how-central-bank-officials-defrauded-nigeria-of-n8-billion-efcc.html

Well let me state that it was REPORTED that Buhari has ordered for investigation into Halliburton bribery scandal but it WAS NOT reported who and who makes up the "Investigative" Committee. Neither have we been told who was invited, arrested or detained in connection with the investigation. Now even the said report CONTRADicTED itself
Till date we have neither heard any oFficial statement neither have we heard any report with respect to this.

Nothing can be more evil and misleading than this deliberiate attempt to deceive people. In that said report the Head of Service was clarifying the job of Permanent Secretary with respect to award of contract. It has NOTHING to do with anti-corruption. Nobody was indicted or even reportedly arrested. I don't know why this people will stoop this low.

This is again another achievement of President Jonathan. These Foreigners were arrested on March 8, 2015 under Gej's administration by the Nigeria navy. The Navy thereafter handed them over to EFCC for further investigation. The EFCC after investigation arraigned the suspects in court about 5days ago. However, this is a theft case and does not fall under "High Profile" corruption case, which refers to theft by government officials.

This is false and fraudulent. Mike Okiro has NEVER been arrested or arraigned in court. In fact in the report, Okiro did a Press Conference to deny the allegation by his Aide Mr Kaase against him. In fact, he went ahead to say that the said Mr Kaase has been arrested for making false accusation and defrauding someone by SARS. I challenge people to read the link.

crap!!! undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Participates At International Forum On Peace And Security (photo) / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Output Increases By 403,900bpd Now 1.94m Bpd / Imo North: Court Fixes Date For Ruling On Uwajumogu’s Case As Senator-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.