Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. (2021 Views)

Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / President Barack Obama Searching For "West Germany" / I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by jarkbauer: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
Buhari's reference to Germany as West Germany and Chancellor Angela Merkel as President Michelle is actually laughable but blown out of Proportion.

There's an epidemy of inferiority complex among Africans who are concerned about the impression the West have of them.
If Presidents Putin Obama Hollande had called Buhari Prime Minster Budari do you think their citizens would crucify them?
Do you know that President George W Bush once called Egypt the Capital of Africa?
I am very sure an average educated Nigerian knows all the states in America. Go to the street of New York and ask an Average American the number of Countries in Africa talk less of the States in Nigeria.
Would the reaction be the same if President Buhari had mispronounced the name of President of Nepal or Burundi?

So why do we kill ourselves for these westerners who do know even know whether we exists.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by ionsman: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
O.p may your sense grow longer than river niger....Say AMEN!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by stepone(m): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
do they know that CNN has misrepresented NIGERIA for NIGER?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by bigass(f): 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
True talk
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by southsouthman: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
Yes I agree with you my brother but unfortunately you didn't realise this while Mama Peace made same mistakes. It is tit for tat. Accept and try to educate PMB to avoid embarassing the country further. Your post exposes you as someone who also sees PMB as inferior to Obama.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
West Germany ceased to exist in 1990 with the fall of the Berlin Wall a year earlier in 1989.

Nigeria beat West Germany to clinch the under-17 world cup in China in 1985 at which time Buhari was head of state and still had the privileage of Foreign Affairs advisers.

Buhari probably only remembers West Germany from this football event.

The man is outdated, old, ill-informed and dangerously out of touch.

For all we know, Buhari may refer to Putin as the leader of the Great Soviet Union and Russia as USSR.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by worthytalk: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Archaic Buhaha

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by uhurugists(m): 7:36am On Jun 13, 2015
STOP! Don't support rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by bonechamberlain(m): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2015
he should try to avoid all these unnecessary mistakes, for God sake he is the president of Nigeria in the 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:
he should try to avoid all these unnecessary mistakes, for God sake he is the president of Nigeria in the 21st century.

How does being the President automatically makes him a non illiterate ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 13, 2015
southsouthman:
Yes I agree with you my brother but unfortunately you didn't realise this while Mama Peace made same mistakes. It is tit for tat. Accept and try to educate PMB to avoid embarassing the country further. Your post exposes you as someone who also sees PMB as inferior to Obama.

Good point

https://www.nairaland.com/2374160/mtn-data-plan-1gb-n1100

1 Like

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 13, 2015
It's a pity how people sacrifice competence at the alter of silly love.

Everybody has suddenly turned protector of Nigeria leaders but when Gej was the President, you all turned tigers to him with so much hatred.

@op, someone who is supposed to protect my dignity internationally embarrassed me in the front of a screen and you are here spewing balderdash. angry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by realborn(m): 8:01am On Jun 13, 2015
There is no excuse for this gaffe, if true. Is the President sick? How will any President refer to Germany as West Germany? Merkel as Michelle?

I am one of PMB's believers, however if he made these avoidable mistakes, he should immediately start night class on global current affairs!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by bonechamberlain(m): 8:09am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

How does being the President automatically makes him a non illiterate ?
Even though I am not a Strong supporter of buhari, I believe in his principles. let him just stop those mistakes
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by jmoore(m): 8:09am On Jun 13, 2015
Arrant nonsense!!!

Buhari's statement is like one that went into coma in Oct 2, 1990 and woke up in the year 2015 . West Germany? President Merkel? WTF!!

You laugh at Patience Jonathan and even mock her but when it comes to Buhari, it shouldn't be blown out of proportions.

Mgbo gba pu kwa hypocrisy no nime isi gi ebe ahu!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Even though I am not a Strong supporter of buhari, I believe in his principles. let him just stop those mistakes

Which principles?

You have been deceived by Buhari's mythical principles.

Buhari that up till today does not believe that Abacha was koworpt in spite of Abacha stolen funds being steadily repatriated .

1 Like

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Blackfire(m): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=BackDatAssUp
The man is outdated, old, ill-informed and dangerously out of touch.

For all we know, Buhari may refer to Putin as the leader of the Great Soviet Union and Russia as USSR.

[/quote]

... world war 3
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Blackfire(m): 8:19am On Jun 13, 2015
I hope we wont wake up one day and realised prime minister buhari ve signed Nigeria to pakistan for 100 years

1 Like

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by funkybully(f): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2015
jmoore:
Arrant nonsense!!!

Buhari's statement is like one that went into coma in Oct 2, 1990 and woke up in the year 2015 . West Germany? President Merkel? WTF!!

You laugh at Patience Jonathan and even mock her but when it comes to Buhari, it shouldn't be blown out of proportions.

Mgbo gba pu kwa hypocrisy no nime isi gi ebe ahu!!!

Don't mind d hypocrites.

From osunbade to west Germany. Evidence of memory loss n a man out of tune with evolving international politics, Yet his supporters are trying to cover up his weakness after overblowing and messing up GEJ n wife.

No peace for d wicked

1 Like

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Emphany: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2015
Hahahahahaha... I have said this before and will say it again..." Buhari is a dullard".

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 13, 2015
Blackfire:
I hope we wont wake up one day and realised prime minister buhari ve signed Nigeria to pakistan for 100 years

My brother, Buhari is set to do worse.

Buhari was supported by the west to do their bidding.

Nigeria has since dumped BRICs alliance and is no longer diversifying our National treasury and is sticking to the dollar.

China investments are about to be rescinded in favour of Blackstone - a western based financial investor outfit which is expected to pump in $5bn dollars in our energy market. Blackstone has announced Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as their chief consultant in Nigeria.

All this shout of Nigeria being broke is to pave the way for an IMF loan which will bind us to the dollar.

They were against Jonathan because he was moving Nigeria away from the dollar to China.

Buhari is that perfect slowpoke who they know they can control and it is so painfully obvious.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 13, 2015
early signs of dementia loading ..........

1 Like

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by CharlesPhc: 8:37am On Jun 13, 2015
“My reaction is that of extreme disappointment because at the National Council of State, the chairman of INEC, the Independent Nigerian Electoral Commission gave a detailed brief of their activities from 2011, that’s from the last election. He said they are ready to hold the election.” - Buhari

“I was personally invited by G7. I went there and I was asked to brief the G7, and I was impressed with the tremendous sympathy for the sub-region, the Lake Chad Basin Commission. Their humanitarian approach to the issue to say the least is very impressive and all of them, not only in Europe; from President Obama to the Chairman of G7, President Michelle of West Germany, and French President, they are all willing to help us.” - Buhari

APC Owerri Rally: General Buhari forgets the name of his running mate and vice presidential candidate for APC, Yemi Osinbajo. General Buhari rather pronounced the name of Yemi Osubande.

I heard the President just left for a conference in South Africa, pls let him not refer to the late Nelson Mandela as the current President of South Africa oh...!!!

They said this BuhaREAL didn't have a school cert. Well we are watching the Real BuhaREAL in action...!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by phelps007: 8:39am On Jun 13, 2015
OP, you have spoken well.

I wish you long life and prosperity.
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:44am On Jun 13, 2015
southsouthman:
Mama peace own was a Grammatical blunder Oga; best to say, tautology! Eg..'I was discusing with the incumbent incoming governor' when she was refering to wike...has buhari been accused of that before
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:48am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

My brother, Buhari is set to do worse.

Buhari was supported by the west to do their bidding.

Nigeria has since dumped BRICs alliance and is no longer diversifying our National treasury and is sticking to the dollar.

China investments are about to be rescinded in favour of Blackstone - a western based financial investor outfit which is expected to pump in $5bn dollars in our energy market. Blackstone has announced Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as their chief consultant in Nigeria.

All this shout of Nigeria being broke is to pave the way for an IMF loan which will bind us to the dollar.

They were against Jonathan because he was moving Nigeria away from the dollar to China.

Buhari is that perfect slowpoke who they know they can control and it is so painfully obvious.
.....And Ironically, the dollar seriously gained on Naira in no other Nigerian president's tenure, but GEJ..For God's sake a dollar was Almost #200 during the last week of election..
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
.....And Ironically, the dollar seriously gained on Naira in no other Nigerian president's tenure, but GEJ..For God's sake a dollar was Almost #200 during the last week of election..

And have you bothered to ask why?

The failing naira was in response of crashing oil prices and boycott of our oil by US govt.

They put pressure on our economy.
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:01am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

And have you bothered to ask why?

The failing naira was in response of crashing oil prices and boycott of our oil by US govt.

They put pressure on our economy.
Another excuse for failure! Why wont they put pressure on our economy...when ordinary marketers were scamming the govt...they laughed @ buhari nd david-west when they said subsidy was a scam..now we ALL know the truth.
take it or leave it, GEJs govt was a FAILURE..to the extent that we were disrespected by other African countries that cant even lace our shoes..countries like benin, niger, chad and cameroun taking us for a ride...When ordinary summit, the dude took over 170 delegates when other countries own were not up to 30...My friend, GEJ ran a wasteful govt, period!
Re: Buhari, West Germany's Mistake ; My Take. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Another excuse for failure! Why wont they put pressure on our economy...when ordinary marketers were scamming the govt...they laughed @ buhari nd david-west when they said subsidy was a scam..now we ALL know the truth.
take it or leave it, GEJs govt was a FAILURE..to the extent that we were disrespected by other African countries that cant even lace our shoes..countries like benin, niger, chad and cameroun taking us for a ride...When ordinary summit, the dude took over 170 delegates when other countries own were not up to 30...My friend, GEJ ran a wasteful govt, period!

I will give you 10 yrs to grow sense.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Truck Accident Along Ibadan-iwo Road / Man Breaks LTV Glass And Ran, But Was Caught. (pictures) / The Ten Most Mentioned/disussed Ethnic Groups On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.