Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola (32792 Views)

Budget Padding Crisis Beyond APC Now – Chief Whip / Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola / Osun Salary Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 13, 2015
This is really a sad and depressing situation for the good people of Osun state. I'm yet to fathom the level of suffering the workers are coping, considering the fact they haven't received salaries for SEVEN WHOLE MONTHS! It's almost beyond words!

No one should politicise this issue. I'll put some blame on the governor. The greater blame goes to the fraudulent system we operate. I'm yet to see elsewhere where a sane government operates this lazy, feeding bottle system of government. This is the consequence of decades of over dependence on OIL as our main source of income.

Today, it's Osun. But I'm seeing a bigger picture in the nearest future! Coupled with the wasteful style of government we operate, many more states are likely going to experience same or worse if their governors aren't proactive enough!
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by 99100(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2015
Tolexander:
what about the IGR you and your APC cohort publicized of being increased from 300million naira to 1.6billion naira by Aregbesola?

All na wash..
Breeze don blow,fowl yansh don open.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Woleleye(m): 7:14am On Jun 13, 2015
What is happening in Osun State is a lesson for all. Let us always plan for future. If there is suplus today, let us becareful because we are not sure of how tomorrow will look like. A person that fails to plan is planning to fail.

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by adepiero: 7:16am On Jun 13, 2015
Beremx:
This is the result of depending heavily on oil revenue from FG. Is it that Aregbesola cannot generate revenue from his state?

I no understand o!
From where is he suppose to generate the revenue?

Osun state is the second lowest state went it comes to allocation, the least paid is ekiti. How many companies are in osun even if you want to collect tax? The only viable one is "Trophy beer company" of which its not an international brand so they don't generate much too.

He has been trying so far and for him to open up shows his level of sincerity. Its GEJ we ought to blame for scuandering the nations wealth and putting us in debt undecided

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by ebenope(m): 7:17am On Jun 13, 2015
Most people do not understand how this yeye man run his govt, u can't just allow this man to tell you some perfect lies.
Initially he tried in doing some infrastructure a little. And the money he used in doing all those are then the money he borrowed from CBN, islamic banking and others. Don't forget that this man didn't even conduct any election for the local govt chairman in all the local govt throughout his first tenure as governor rather he appoint his party members as caretaker chairmen. In which all their allocation comes to his hand from AbJ directly. And most road he was claiming he did are local govt roads which are part of the work of the local govt. The states roads are so worst now.
The loan he obtain from different banks caused all this mess for him, b4, the former CBN governor gave the governors opportunity to borrow loan from FG n banks for @ least 7yrs to repay the debt but when sanusi was removed the new CBN gov, said no, that it will jeopardise other incoming govt in their performance rate hence the govt will be deducting a certain percentage from their allocation in which all of them signed that they agree and he knew that it was because of the debt he put the state too that caused all this financial mess.
Aregbe is a professional liar nah. He bought Chopper on security issues but he his the one boarding the chopper all around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by 9jatatafo(m): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2015
This gov is shameless. If the allocation the state is getting has reduced, why don't pay something to the workers at least if not full salary to alleviate their suffering instead not paying outrightly? What is the use of developing infrastructures when the people are hungry. FG did not stopped your allocation, it was reduced, agreed. What happens to the security allocation from the FG that is meant for your largesse. What about your crew foreign trips? Despite the fall in allocation, your salary as gov is on going steady. Stop washing for us!
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by tai2(m): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2015
adepiero:

Osun state is the second lowest state went it comes to allocation, the least paid is ekiti. How many companies are in osun even if you want to collect tax? The only viable one is "Trophy beer company" of which its not an international brand so they don't generate much too.

He has been trying so far and for him to open up shows his level of sincerity. Its GEJ we ought to blame for scuandering the nations wealth and putting us in debt undecided

Blaming GEJ for putting you in debt. You people are not serious. So if you don't get Niger Delta money from Federal Government you won't eat? Make una no go work.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by adepiero: 7:26am On Jun 13, 2015
tai2:

Blaming GEJ for putting you in debt. You people are not serious. So if you don't get Niger Delta money from Federal Government you won't eat? Make una no go work.
There is nothing like Niger-Delta money instead it is Nigeria's money! tongue

Before the discovery of oil and we relied on agriculture, the northerners never said northern money. So be reasonable when commenting.

And For GEJ, yes he put us to debt with his gullible and fraudulent character.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Ajalekoko76(m): 7:27am On Jun 13, 2015
Failed Government
Failed Party
Failed Governor

If it were to be another party,Lie Mohammed would Av condemned and blow d situation to d international community to save d state.

Ekiti government dat is doing well,simply because is not ur party is condemned.
Aregbesola should either resign or be impeached because he said d situation is beyond his control. What else do we need to hear from father dat failed his family.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by bjdon: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2015
Beremx:
This is the result of depending heavily on oil revenue from FG. Is it that Aregbesola cannot generate revenue from his state?

I no understand o!

This goes to the heart of the problem. In a federal system the states are supposed to be autonomous and fully self funding. Of course that's not the case in Nigeria. If we were a serious people we should not allow any state to exist that can not fund itself.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by philips70(m): 7:34am On Jun 13, 2015
Who removed resignation from Nigerian leaders dictionaries? A quarter of this mess and what you hear is resignation straight in serious countries. The Ghana minister of power just announced he will resign by the end of this year if power cuts do not stop. Here, what you hear is all forms of mumbo jumbos.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by fotadmowmend(m): 7:36am On Jun 13, 2015
ademoladeji:

You no get brain... Maybe you want make God give you small share inside all the curses wey former president Goodluck Jonathan don receive from Nigerians ni? Wetin be your wahala... I dey after all the state governors wey no gree pay salary abi you get family wey be governor wey neva pay ni? Oga, pls park well n stay off my mention... Abeg you
On behalf of all Osun workers, their children and other families of whom Aregbese has hungered, may you know hunger for the rest of your life ! Amen.
Don't you have blood flowiing in your vein ? You and your people are so heartless and wicked.
If you mention or reply me again you will never know joy again in your life . Amen
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by abinsco25(m): 7:37am On Jun 13, 2015
How can Osun survive this huge responsibilities. Osun is the lowest in rank in Federal allocation, highest numbers of civil servants in Nigeria after Lagos, 2 State polythecnics, 2 NCE ,Uniosun with 6 campuses plus LAUTECH. How can a state with poor IGR survive this responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by mbulela: 7:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Johnnyessence:
THK God ogbeni av spoken till month end it will be done amicably salary will be paid oooo.
Did you have to copy the whole article to enable you make a line of obvious comment?
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by fashoo2010(m): 7:44am On Jun 13, 2015
themodernman:

Aregbesola isn't the problem, it's d CHANGE chanters wey no go let person hear word despite living from hand to mouth for 7month. Bunch of dimwits.
I tire for them ooo...na dis same set of workers go dey shout change up and down not knowing that na SUFFERING AND SMILLING MODE them dey...

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by siraj1402(m): 7:45am On Jun 13, 2015
ajibadeadebowal:

See mad man, when u are not a civil servant in osun. Pls this is not about party.
Imagine ur father building a house not considering ur welfare and education how will come to dis forum typing in english.
Pls tell aregbe to go and consult his predicessor how dey rule dis state successful without owning. I cannt even blame him much, where are all the APC leaders making mouth then including wole soyinka, Obasonjo are u not in Nigeria supporting him. I pity people who are still supporting party. Integrity and past record goes a long way. I believe in PMB
I wouldn't have abused you had it been you make your comments without abusive words. Check people of knowledge comments and look for any abusive words. I wouldn't blame you but blame the product thought which you were born,product of baby factory who always steps on a brain that ought to have been used when talking,be cautioned.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Igbo20(m): 7:49am On Jun 13, 2015
oga d truth is dat u hv fail no need for ranting .u beter sale ur private jet if u must live up to ur responsibility
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Lincoln275(m): 7:51am On Jun 13, 2015
aregbe pay ur workers

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2015
siraj1402:
His people will not criticize him because they all knew he was doing the right thing unti this unfortunate incident. It also took them so long to embarked on strike because they understand him and he has never hide anything regarding the state budget from them.Take it or leave it Aregbe has done well if not for this unfortunate situation. Mind you my brother,his wife and some of my siblings are civil servant in the state of osun so never think I'm not involved because I know what they are all going through.

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 13, 2015
I pity you, so north were feeding the nation then? Lazy student who didn't know that we had regionalism, we had Eastern nigeria that comprises of southeast, rivers, bayelsa, crossriver and akwaibom states, We had Midwestern region that comprises of delta and edo states, Western nigeria and Northern nigeria, these are the regions that we had before gowon collapse it to state. So there was no time that north was feeding nigeria rather each region was paying 50% tax to the FG. In the East we had limestone and coal which was exported, we were also into palm produce and other agricultural produce
adepiero:
There is nothing like Niger-Delta money instead it is Nigeria's money! tongue

Before the discovery of oil and we relied on agriculture, the northerners never said northern money. So be reasonable when commenting.

And For GEJ, yes he put us to debt with his gullible and fraudulent character.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by tai2(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2015
abinsco25:
How can Osun survive this huge responsibilities. Osun is the lowest in rank in Federal allocation, highest numbers of civil servants in Nigeria after Lagos, 2 State polythecnics, 2 NCE ,Uniosun with 6 campuses plus LAUTECH. How can a state with poor IGR survive this responsibilities.

Is there no revenue coming from school fees? Who told them to build all those universities if they cannot be sustained. What are they maintaining the high number of civil servants for if the work they are doing produces no money?
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 13, 2015
adepiero:

You just shot yourself in the leg.. how is Ekiti state, criticized as being for "stomach infrastructure" which is the least paid not owing workers? pls let's stop all these sentiments. if this was GEJ, the whole of Twitter would be trending on this news. let's call a spade what it is. If the situation is beyond his control, he should resign, but no we're in Nigeria where we place ego before sanity

2 Likes

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by tomzman: 8:16am On Jun 13, 2015
Three questions for Aregbe.

1) What efforts have you made to increase your IGR? Overdependence on allocation is a foolish thing to do.

2) What are you doing with your security vote? Since the police is funded from the federal purse security vote is more like free money for you.

3) Since there are no ongoing projects in Osun state at the moment, what are you using the 'little' allocation you are currently getting for.

Aregbesola's excuses only reek of incompetence. Well let's give him till the month end to see what he comes up with.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by golddeejay(m): 8:30am On Jun 13, 2015
This man keeps losing the respect he has earned day by day. This excuse or explanation is silly. He shd be telling how he has cut the cost of governance, how he has not paid himself and his plan to generate revenue for his state so it doesn't depend on federal allocation completely.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by ademoladeji(m): 8:33am On Jun 13, 2015
fotadmowmend:

On behalf of all Osun workers, their children and other families of whom Aregbese has hungered, may you know hunger for the rest of your life ! Amen.
Don't you have blood flowiing in your vein ? You and your people are so heartless and wicked.
If you mention or reply me again you will never know joy again in your life . Amen

I so much wish you the same...

I'm not gonna curse you but if I wasn't happy the situation of things in osun, may the following be your portion!

My your parents never reap the fruit of their labour...

May you and your generation yet unborn ceased to know peace, joy n happiness...

The gods of the land will strike you down b4 b4 you get to you destination in life!

Quote me and you shall incur the wrath of ogun, sango, obatala, esu.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by 240naija(m): 8:34am On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by tola268: 8:48am On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
This is admittance of incompetence. Governor Rauf Aregbesola should immediately resign or be impeached by Osun state house of Assembly. He has already indicted himself of incompetence. I am not saying this for politics but for the good of Osun state.
We know that Aregbesola is not competent to be a governor, now that the truth has come from his mouth the osun state house of assembly need to wake up and replace him
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by deebrain(m): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2015
jusRadical:

Please, tell us PMB's efforts against book haram so far that warrants this your unguarded utterance.

Tell us one of his success.

Read my first paragraph... I did not say he succeeded or failed-but there was an effort to curb the boko issue in the first two weeks. It is as the time passes, we would see the success or failure of the EFFORT.

The new governors and the old ones like osun state, are still trying to settle down and calm their atmosphere after the elections and thus less efforts to do anything...

So i guided my utterances pretty well mister..
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by ademoladeji(m): 8:56am On Jun 13, 2015
adepiero:

Lmao

"Trophy beer company"- International Breweries, Ilesha. Not juz trophy buh Voltic water, grand malt, beta malt, Castle beer....

It's really an eye opener. I pray these people learn from their mistakes. What baffles me most is that there are other states owing workers buh all attention is focused on just osun.

Are we then right to say others are right to owe?

May God deliver us from these people.

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by dammytosh: 9:17am On Jun 13, 2015
nwaanambra1:

BOUGHT THE CHEAP WEED FROM UR STATE OSUN - MY LITTLE CONTRIBUTION TO KEEPING YOU AND YOUR RELATIVES ALIVE cheesy

WHY ARE JOBLESS GUYS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO CALL PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE JOBLESS undecided

MY NAME IS EMEKA AM WRITING A CHEQUE TO HELP SAVE YOUR "ABOUT-TO-GO-EXTINCT STATE" BE HAPPY OK cool

LMAO.

Emeka Offfor right ?

retarrd. grin grin
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by gajike: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2015
adepiero:
[https://www.nairaland.com/2375981/wont-wait-fg-allocation-aregbesolafont=serif]From where is he suppose to generate the revenue?

He has been trying so far and for him to open up shows his level of sincerity. Its GEJ we ought to blame for scuandering the nations wealth and putting us in debt undecided[/font]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma / Three PDP NWC Members Return ‘mysterious’ N93.6m Paid Into Accounts / EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.