Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola (32794 Views)

Budget Padding Crisis Beyond APC Now – Chief Whip / Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola / Osun Salary Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by scachy(m): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2015
Why can't this modernized native Dr resign for God's sake!!!
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Airoflaw(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2015
Beremx:
This is the result of depending heavily on oil revenue from FG. Is it that Aregbesola cannot generate revenue from his state?

I no understand o!
farm dey wontu.land plenty for osun state dey face oil wey don get expiring date
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by solayd(m): 10:02am On Jun 13, 2015
CRY FOR HELP cry cry cry
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by fotadmowmend(m): 10:25am On Jun 13, 2015
ademoladeji:

I so much wish you the same...

I'm not gonna curse you but if I wasn't happy the situation of things in osun, may the following be your portion!

My your parents never reap the fruit of their labour...

May you and your generation yet unborn ceased to know peace, joy n happiness...

The gods of the land will strike you down b4 b4 you get to you destination in life!

Quote me and you shall incur the wrath of ogun, sango, obatala, esu.
very good ..... U ve suceesssfully claim u curse by mentionin me me . Take dis bonus ..... Go and read Deut chapter 28 vs 15-the end and take all d gifts there for u. If u ever mention me again I hav more for you
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by sharpchap: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2015
so he has finally admitted that he doesnt have what it takes to be the governor of a state, then let him step down so that someone who knows what to do can go there. impeach him already.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by meccuno: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Hahahahaha, you just blew the lid open. A small state is ungovernable for Aragberascal yet he called a man who was tending to the affairs of 36 states clueless. If this was mathematics, Aragbese will be said to be clueless raised to a power of 36 (clueless^36) grin cheesy grin grin
he is clueless exponentially....u are wicked

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by AkoEja: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2015
Allocation from the Federation account has gone down......there is not a lot this governor can do to cover a 40-50% short-fall in a state like Osun, that have minimal resources.
This is the legacy of Nigeria's fragile badly managed, corrupt monolithic economy, run by kleptomaniacs, that is totally dependent on oil. Oil price was $100-120, its now $50-60 per barrel. Of course, the thieves, ie legislators, governors, commissioners etc, are getting their own pay regularly!

Nigeria need to look inward now, to find a long-term solution to this total dependence on crude oil. The world is moving on. Other sources of energy are getting developed and reaching the stage they might become mainstream. While the boom was on, other countries used their oil-wealth wisely, while Nigeria fritters its own. Nigeria accumulated a debt of $60 billion during the boom while its reserve was depleted. Governors and legislators earn an unbelievable amount of money. What is the justification for a senator's total pay reaching N29 million naira plus per month? ---in a poorly developed country like Nigeria?

Truth be told, the problem is beyond just the governor, its a national problem.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by nortcentrallord(m): 10:49am On Jun 13, 2015
meccuno:

grin cheesy grin you got it right bro.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by nortcentrallord(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2015
meccuno:

grin cheesy grin you got it right bro. You are a genius.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Neplusultra(f): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Keep on defending the rascal while the people dies.
Behold the rascal largest legacy.The world tallest talking drum without a gaint to play it
LWKMD!!!
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by folawalesegun: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2015
Hmmmmm. God have mercy ooooo. This is not affecting only civil servant but the entire state.
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by festico: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2015
that is change for u
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by stonecoldcafe: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Why did they vote for him again with all the drama? How can you not be paid for how many months yet you vote in the same incompetent fellow?

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by queensmith: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2015
I think he should step down. He's incapable of running the government .
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by tai2(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2015
People are just useless. Which one is all this Federal Government talk? Is the Governor the governor of Osun State or the Governor of Federal Government. It is easy to squander money when you didn't work for it. After all do they know how the oil was drilled refined or sold? No, its to share and squander and then complain. What happened to agricultural land and other initiatives that would bring money to the state? Na to they shout "cultural refinement " and "academic brilliance" in the name of my region is better than yours while feeding fat on resources from elsewhere. Let Lagos contribute the money now. Now wahala has come everybody now knows the value of other regions economic output in their own local economies. We are now one Nigeria and it is "our" oil, but the land in Osun is for Osun people.

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Neplusultra(f): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
nwaanambra1:

OF COURSE WE ARE IN DIRE SHORTAGE OF BULLETS AFTER USING MUCH OF IT TO SAVE THE WORLD FROM BARBARIANS LIKE YOU BY WASTING YOUR LINEAGE! undecided

THE NEXT LEVEL FOR WASTED SEMEN LIKE YOU IS SELF-IMPLOSION AND IT HAS STARTED FROM OSUN STATE! cheesy cheesy

#GOFIGURE cheesy
Hahahahahahaa!!!!!
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
babyosisi:

President Jonathan news is still trending on their site grin grin

You don't mean it!
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Neplusultra(f): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
nwaanambra1:

BOUGHT THE CHEAP WEED FROM UR STATE OSUN - MY LITTLE CONTRIBUTION TO KEEPING YOU AND YOUR RELATIVES ALIVE cheesy

WHY ARE JOBLESS GUYS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO CALL PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE JOBLESS undecided

MY NAME IS EMEKA AM WRITING A CHEQUE TO HELP SAVE YOUR "ABOUT-TO-GO-EXTINCT STATE" BE HAPPY OK cool
grin cheesy
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by Neplusultra(f): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
cheesy The economy of osun is the bigger than the Eastcoast economy
Lol!! Wetin concern me concern Osun abi Asun, if him like make him no pay! Now we don see their economy wey big paaa East own, Mschewww!!!

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by maestroz: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ogbeni Arigbese!...go and ask ur parents why you were named rauf arigbese... they knew you will one day put ur state in dis mess.

I saw it coming, I only forgot to tell you
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by ahaika23: 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
Let him call Rotimi Iscariot naw!
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by DanielPop(m): 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
OSUN STATE SALARY SAGA.....Aregbesola speaks...

“But no matter how sad (I don’t want to use the word ‘depressed’), no matter how unhappy I am, the truth is that I will not fail to say that it is a situation absolutely beyond my control"

End.

For a proper understanding of Aregbesola's incompetence, look at his picture again!

Like Zig Ziglar said...

"You cannot climb the ladder of success dressed in the costume of failure"

Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:48am On Jun 14, 2015
Marotzke:
No wonder Gbawe suddenly became quiet. So even his salary was stopped?. Pele o, o ma se o.

Why do you think APC really wanted to win rivers and akwaibom? They needed the oil money to offset their bills
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by ahaz: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Beremx:
This is the result of depending heavily on oil revenue from FG. Is it that Aregbesola cannot generate revenue from his state?

I no understand o!
Some say Osun generates igr more than the entire East
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by ahaz: 9:12am On Jun 14, 2015
jusRadical:
I wonder why his people are not criticizing him for this crime.

But they were quick to criticize fayose for being a pdp member (freedom of association): no crime. They become deaf and dumb now that their people are suffering and dying of hunger.

Okay!!! GEJ is no more there for them to blame him.

Hypocrites.
my brother Oxford University dictionary latest edition defined hypocrites and after it they put yolobas in perientences
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by ahaz: 9:16am On Jun 14, 2015
Obiagelli:
Dude, why don't you resign if you can't fix the problems in your state, Osun is bigger than Singapore if am not mistaken. You can't expect the Niger Delta to pay your bills forever
Jesus who re my quoting the apc stunch himself, só the Lack of salary has affected ur brains or ur fingas. Pls I want to know at least I can help, we don't play politics with bitterness
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2015
adepiero:
From where is he suppose to generate the revenue?

Osun state is the second lowest state went it comes to allocation, the least paid is ekiti. How many companies are in osun even if you want to collect tax? The only viable one is "Trophy beer company" of which its not an international brand so they don't generate much too.

He has been trying so far and for him to open up shows his level of sincerity. Its GEJ we ought to blame for scuandering the nations wealth and putting us in debt undecided

Excess crude account was shared among the states, why didn't aregbe save his own like peter obi did?
Can he say he never received allocations for 7 months?

How come States that receive little like Enugu doesn't owe regular workers? How come anambra doesn't owe at all? Do they have a separate FG that fund them?
While other governors were busy bringing investors, this one was wasting ECA.
Who squandered wealth here?

And why are you telling us how non viable osun is? What happened to osundefender statistics?
Re: Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola by fotadmowmend(m): 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
AkoEja:
Allocation from the Federation account has gone down......there is not a lot this governor can do to cover a 40-50% short-fall in a state like Osun, that have minimal resources.
This is the legacy of Nigeria's fragile badly managed, corrupt monolithic economy, run by kleptomaniacs, that is totally dependent on oil. Oil price was $100-120, its now $50-60 per barrel. Of course, the thieves, ie legislators, governors, commissioners etc, are getting their own pay regularly!

Nigeria need to look inward now, to find a long-term solution to this total dependence on crude oil. The world is moving on. Other sources of energy are getting developed and reaching the stage they might become mainstream. While the boom was on, other countries used their oil-wealth wisely, while Nigeria fritters its own. Nigeria accumulated a debt of $60 billion during the boom while its reserve was depleted. Governors and legislators earn an unbelievable amount of money. What is the justification for a senator's total pay reaching N29 million naira plus per month? ---in a poorly developed country like Nigeria?

Truth be told, the problem is beyond just the governor, its a national problem.
You are not entirley right. Yes ! The economy isn't good enough and the allocation has dropped but he is to be blamed for not paying salaries. These are my reasons; first, he mismanaged the state resources prior to the economic crisis by embarking on mediocrecious projects which includes buying of school uniforms for every students in the state, employing a private firm to take charge of state funds and so on.
secondly, the ex-head of service affirms the fact that the state govt under Aregbesola is acquiring much debt in which if care isn't taken, the state's economy will collapse and the governor would not take his advice.
Let assume he is collecting only 40% of the allocation, he shd be able to pay workers' salaries atleast once in 2 months . But this isn't possible because some percentage of the allocation is being paid to creditors even before the economic crisis and now that he is collecting the half of the normal allocation, near nothing will be available to run the state affairs after paying debtors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Obaseki, Ayiri Emami Running In Edo (Photos) / Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction / My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.