Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva (16991 Views)

EFCC Files Fresh Charges Against Fani-kayode / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion / Saraki Files Fresh Motion To Disqualify CCT Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 13, 2015
shina419:
u need to auction ur brain first at olx and buy another set of new brain at jumia
SIA BABA

I thought it's Sai instead of sia, do u have elementary education?
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Ijaya123: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2015
sammieguze:
Compare and contrast

clueless otuoke man and Daura President.

I still av faith in the dullard compared to the clueless one

If an illiterate without WASC certificate (according to some PDP goons) can defeat an incumbent president, who is literate with PhD in an election that was conducted using modern day technology, is it not obvious who the dullard is among the two?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by kernel504(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2015
I love the fact that Buhari is not interfering.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by tk2(m): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2015
When will EFCC start probing ex governors like Gabriel Suswam of Benue State who left nothing for the incubent governor Ortom, he has not paid some salaries for about 8months now, even their state university is on strike for the past 3months, pls do something cos Suswam thinks his smart and had to flee the country before handover.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Champele(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2015
Where is barcanista? come and see what you have caused.Seems the president of west nigeria has been reading your post.Please,continue firing them.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by babardos70: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2015
It is only in Nigeria you needs thousands of charges before somebody can be found guilty of an offence. In western world you only need one. I wrote on these forum before that EFCC and Buhari will only prosecute and jail poor people. If you look carefully recently you will see that those CBN staff case is going on rapidly because they don't have power and not in Govt. If the CBN staff are senators, Governors,Ministers etc, The charges against them will have been dropped. EFCC can only shout when they are dealing with people of lower class. For how long has SARAKI case, and all other political appointee indicted for fraud and Money Laundry has been going on. What comes out of it. I'm expecting the EFCC to open the case of Harlibutton.The American involved in the case was Jailed in America but nobody went to prison for the same offence in Nigeria. Do you know that ABDULSALAM is involve. Why didn't BUHARI and EFCC start with it? If EFCC start with Sylva, then he should do the same to others.not witch hunting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by rottennaija(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2015
hotice01:
well I'm just gonna watch how this whole political drama plays out,getting interesting.we in for a long political series.

is this what FTC feels like?its no biggy.tongue
Dedicated to all political e-warriors on NL,APC and PDP loyalists,political thieves and spectators like moi.
It's no biggy and you are shouting about it
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by mentorandfriend(m): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2015
Ochiske:
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has again filed fresh corruption charges against former governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, before a the Federal High Court, Abuja.EFCC’s Head, Media and Publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said in a statement that the fresh 50 counts of corruption were filed on Friday.This came two days after Justice Ahmed Mohammed dismissed the one of two fraud cases instituted by the anti-graft agency against Sylva.
Justice Mohammed had held that the case constituted an abuse of court process.Earlier on June 1, 2015, Justice Evoh Chukwu (also of the Federal High Court, Abuja, struck out the other case against Sylva following EFCC’s application for the withdrawal of the case.‎
In the fresh 50 counts filed on Friday, Sylva is charged alongside Francis Okokuro, Gbenga Balogun, and Samuel Ogbuku,.

They are accused of using three companies – Marlin Maritime Limited, Eat Catering Services Limited, and Haloween-Blue Construction and Logistics Limitd – to move about N19.2bn from Bayelsa State coffers between 2009 and 2012, under false pretences of using the withdrawn money to augment salaries of the state government workers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-files-fresh-50-counts-of-fraud-against-sylva/

cc: lalasticlala, ishilove
Let him be thoroughly tried. If he is found gulity, he should collect the proportionate punishment as stipulated in the Nigerian laws for his crimes against helpless citizens he was meant to govern. There should be no hiding place for those who steal our collective wealth for personal aggrandizement.

Welcome to CHANGE.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by InvisibleGhost: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

Hey,don't insult to make your point.
Well,Buhari did. But we're all equal before the law if not manipulated. He can't stop the anti-graft agency which is an independent body from carrying out their lawful duty and still claims to be allergic to corruption.
Modified: for those of you quoting me and spilling trash,ur use of fowl words can't pull me down to the level of using same unchewed language with u...
Here, read for urself.
http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-withdraws-n2-45bn-fraud-suit-against-sylva-efcc-kicks/

Well said,

Buhari can't officially probe himself, buharists are just on a long daydreaming waiting for him to fight corruption cus every character around him is corruption itself,

If he want to destroy his administration,let him start to point fight anyhow in the name of fighting corruption and see how he go end like a poor fowl...

He's just a novice with no clue about how Nigerians and their government works...

#TeamRapLawd20154MrNl2015Edition...

Join us!!!
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 13, 2015
Champele:
Where is barcanista? come and see what you have caused.Seems the president of west nigeria has been reading your post.Please,continue firing them.
We are happy that the FG has listened to the voice of reasoning by re-opening the case against Timpre Sylva. By God's grace we shall continue with the advocacy.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Iman24: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2015
WE BUY DEAD INVERTER BATTERIES @ ANY LOCATION IN LAGOS. CALL 07050606836

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 13, 2015
Lol... The movement just got real!
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by blackpriest0911: 11:26am On Jun 13, 2015
Foolish bacanista...Mtchewww...haters,Sai!!Vaba
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by blackpriest0911: 11:26am On Jun 13, 2015
Barcanista...u dey c..mtchewwww...PMB all the way
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by neocortex: 11:28am On Jun 13, 2015
This is a publicity stunt from Babaonechance .
Every informed person knows that the number of charges is inconsequential if none of them carries weight.
1 strong count charge is enough to nail a suspect.

These 50 empty charges will soon be dismissed as EFCC intended.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by TheOtherview: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2015
calebo101:
Before those APC slaves open their gutter to spill rubbish they should know that this is the effect of sound opposition at play.

Buhari just thinks he can do as he wishes but he's slowly being reminded that this is democracy. He tried it by banning AIT initially before he rescinded the decision. Now he tried it again by quashing sylvia's corruption charges but public outcry has pressured him again.

Congrats to the opposition both offline and on social media down to nairaland. I'm sure the 700 naira per day APC paid hacks read the information from nigerians here and pass it on to Buhari then he acts likewise.

Congrats Barcanista, chief tormentor of APC on nairaland. More ink to your biro grin grin.

Here is one who is bent on arrogating the kind of moral rectitude he simply does not possess, to himself.
Ah well; he fits in well, right here on NL.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by TheOtherview: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
We are happy that the FG has listened to the voice of reasoning by re-opening the case against Timpre Sylva. By God's grace we shall continue with the advocacy.

^^^Purveyor of tittle-tattle, the best way to help your cause is to apprise unfolding events in a truthful manner.

Mr. Uwujaren said no proof of evidence was placed before the court and trial had also not commenced.

He said, “the dismissal of the charge by Justice Mohammed, following the application of the Commission to consolidate the charges against the former governor and his accomplices, does not amount to a discharge or an acquittal, and it does not preclude the power of the agency to bring fresh charges against the defendants.”

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/184785-judge-wrong-to-dismiss-fraud-case-against-ex-bayelsa-governor-sylva-efcc.html
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by InvisibleGhost: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2015
babardos70:
It is only in Nigeria you needs thousands of charges before somebody can be found guilty of an offence. In western world you only need one. I wrote on these forum before that EFCC and Buhari will only prosecute and jail poor people. If you look carefully recently you will see that those CBN staff case is going on rapidly because they don't have power and not in Govt. If the CBN staff are senators, Governors,Ministers etc, The charges against them will have been dropped. EFCC can only shout when they are dealing with people of lower class. For how long has SARAKI case, and all other political appointee indicted for fraud and Money Laundry has been going on. What comes out of it. I'm expecting the EFCC to open the case of Harlibutton.The American involved in the case was Jailed in America but nobody went to prison for the same offence in Nigeria. Do you know that ABDULSALAM is involve. Why didn't BUHARI and EFCC start with it? If EFCC start with Sylva, then he should do the same to others.not witch hunting.

Lol...

Even Buhari is corrupt, so I only smile and move on when I hear them say Buhari will do this and do that...

It's just a matter of time... the foundation of this nation was built fraudulently and so it's married to corruption!

Support the team

#TeamRapLawd20154MrNl2015Edition

Thanks
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2015
TheOtherview:

Here is one who is bent on arrogating the kind of moral rectitude he simply does not possess, to himself.
Ah well; he fits in well, right here on NL.

Are you rehearsing the poem for your WAEC poetry exams? Sincerely you still be learner.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by InvisibleGhost: 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
blackpriest0911:
Foolish bacanista...Mtchewww...haters,Sai!!Vaba

Very soon, I mean very very soon, you'll be ranting and chanting Sai Vaga... drunkard...

Join the team to crown him as Mr Nl2015 edition

Me don sign below...
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by ollyruffy: 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
Abeg, when is efcc arresting him? Tired of all these paper filing.

BTW, when are arresting that otuoke man and his cohorts?
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by ndcide(m): 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
This is as a result of the hard knocks APC receives daily..... Some fools are already twisting it... Claiming we said buhari wanted to kill the case.

FACT! Elements in the presidency wanted to kill the case.

FACT! APC hierarchy are very active on this forum and they had to reconsider, just to protect the perception of buhari

FACT:! They read the hash criticism and insults here and I'm reliably informed that they are not happy about it.

APC should stop the damage control... At this rate the opposition will determine most government move through the social media.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:

You are so delusional that I actually feel sorry for you.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
TANoids are actually trying to claim responsibility for this!

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by shaqhead: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
PassingShot:
And some protection seeker will want us to believe that PMB had a hand in the earlier quashing of this case by the court. If PMB was indeed behind it, will EFCC still be able to charge him again for the same offence?

The ground on which the case was thrown out earlier was unnecessary wasting of the court's time by EFCC. They failed to prosecute the charges with convincing evidence and always seeking for adjournment but TANoids here led by their C in C could not reason that GEJ/EFCC wasted three years on it.
U dey mind The Protection Seeker?

Anyway Barcanista we are still waiting for your "robust reply" to that beautifully written riposte by Omenka. Why is takin u so long?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by apolonius(m): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

Hey,don't insult to make your point.
Well,Buhari did. But we're all equal before the law if not manipulated. He can't stop the anti-graft agency which is an independent body from carrying out their lawful duty and still claims to be allergic to corruption.

For those of you quoting me and spilling trash,ur use of fowl words can't pull me down to the level of using same unchewed language with u...
Here, read for urself.
http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-withdraws-n2-45bn-fraud-suit-against-sylva-efcc-kicks/

It didn't occur to your trashy mind to look up the ratio decidendi of both judgments to understand that the last withdrawal was called an abuse of court process because same charges had been filed against same man in another court awaiting determination?

The EFCC withdrew the case for lack of evidence after attempting to 'buy' more time with frivolities and multiple case fillings.

Now that they are brining fresh charges I hope you can now be sane for a second to understand that the Buhari you accused of engineering the withdrawal few hours after taking over is now overseeing a re-fling.

Ah,many youths lack knowledge and are so bold with their ignorance!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
I thought you wanted to employ me? tongue
kalindaminda:

You are so delusional that I actually feel sorry for you.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
Allow them bro, I am sure the apc aren't happy with the opposition facing them.
ndcide:
This is as a result of the hard knocks APC receives daily..... Some fools are already twisting it... Claiming we said buhari wanted to kill the case.

FACT! Elements in the presidency wanted to kill the case.

FACT! APC hierarchy are very active on this forum and they had to reconsider, just to protect the perception of buhari

FACT:! They read the hash criticism and insults here and I'm reliably informed that they are not happy about it.

APC should stop the damage control... At this rate the opposition will determine most government move through the social media.

Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
I thought you wanted to employ me? tongue

I still do. Because I feel sorry for you.
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
kalindaminda:

I still do. Because I feel sorry for you.
Why feeling sorry for me? angry
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
Why feeling sorry for me? angry

You're always sounding hungry, like you're posting for your daily bread. undecided
Re: EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva by anwo247: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
Litmus test for Daura President.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over 1st 2017 Federal Executive Meeting(pics) / War Crime: We Stand By Our Report - Amnesty International / Sowore Speaks To Nigerian Workers As Labour Strike Commences Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.