Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International (1736 Views)

Are Women Officials Less Corrupt Than Their Male Folks?? / Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians / Nigeria Less Corrupt Than Kenya I Suppose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by Chxta(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2005
Cause for celebration for all Nigerians and Nigerian friends out there...

For the first time in living memory, Nigeria has actually not been listed as one of the 5 most corrupt countries on earth.

Read here

Isn't that great? I am still not exactly a fan of Uncle Sege, but let's be fair, this is acknowledgement that his policies are actually having an effect!
Re: Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by cletuskpelle(m): 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2005
I listened with heart ace and utmost dismay on radio, the announcement that Nigeria is the Sixth most corrupt country in the world. Official corruption is everywhere around the world why mention Nigeria every time?

Is Nigeria more corrupt than the United states and other Western countries? I think corruption played a vital role in the 911 episode. Where people looked the other way until it happened.

It is also well known that Western Governments help in grooming corrupt African Dictators. I'm sick and tired of Amnesty International or whatever they call them, look toward Africa and other third World countries labeling us as corrupt whiles they turn their backs on the truly corrupt countries calling themselves First World.

By the way, what is the definition of corruption? Can somebody put me through? I think I'm missing a point here.
Re: Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by munyasia(m): 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2005
it seems that you are not in the picture.
from the research done for about one year nigeria is number six AND ITS TRUE
Re: Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by cletuskpelle(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2005
What was the criteria used in that research that made them arrive at such a conclusion? Have you stayed in the US and tried getting a green card from within? Can someone tell me the definition of corruption here?. I think I'm missing something.
Re: Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by obong(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2005
The focus on nigeria, good or bad, is too much. Nigeria has come to symbolise corruption in many people's minds and that will make it hard for it to have a healty rating because the list is primarily about perception. Besides, i think the list needs to be reworked and made truly international. since all of these 'international' organisations are based in the west, i wonder how truly international they are
Re: Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by senato(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2005
Let's wait and see result of next year till then I will make my comments.
Re: Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by adconline(m): 6:49pm On Jan 28, 2007
oga cletus,
corruption is when a police officers demands for bribe on our high way, when OBJ and his assitant Andy Uba flew money in his jet into US. when OBJ bought 200 million shares at Transcorp or when Atiku owns ABTI and co.
corruption is when a foreign Journalist got a Nigerian passporth through bribe.
Re: Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International by Seun(m): 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2007
Corruption to me is when the government steps outside its primary responsibility of protecting freedom.

(1) (Reply)

What If 9ja Was Like America? / Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware / Adamawa Gov Sacked !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.