Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians (5082 Views)

No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI / Nigeria Is Less Corrupt This Year - Transparency International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 1:06am On Jul 05, 2010
Why is it that all African politicians are corrupt? Why are Nigerian government officials so corrupt,? In my country, Kenya it is surely a fact that they are less corrupt.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Onlytruth(m): 1:12am On Jul 05, 2010
^^
WTF are you doing in a Nigerian forum then? Why not go tell that to the Kenyans in a Kenyan forum?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^
WTF are you doing in a Nigerian forum then? Why not go tell that to the Kenyans in a Kenyan forum?

Happy 4th of July, Bros. Arent you going to go watch the fireworks?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Onlytruth(m): 1:20am On Jul 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Happy 4th of July, Bros. Arent you going to go watch the fireworks?

grin grin

I'm headed there now. Will be there in about an hour and half. Happy 4th of July.  wink
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by jookco(m): 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2010
Who tell you that Kenyans are not as currupt as Nigeria, go lunc a Kenyan Forum and leave Nigeria alone.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
There is no need to argue whether or not Nigerian politicians are corrupt. I have not neither my authorities have argued that Kenya is not corrupt. We are talking about the degree of corruption. Nigerians tell me that in Nigeria today, the wealthy have to go to Ghana for the weekend. The Nira can be earned in Nigeria but spending the Nira must be in another country.

The authorities tell me that you can not travel by car, truck, or on foot without the fear of being mugged. Streets in all Nigerian major cities are extremely dangerous. People can be asked to alight from public transportation and then lined up on the street to be killed. Is this true or are my Nigerian source authorities wrong?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by MrFire: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
This is a fake Kenyan. Real kenyans cannot do this. undecided
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2010
Your point is well taken. Why? asking me to stay only in Kenyan forum is like asking Nigerians in Diaspora to stay only in Nigeria. Thus as one steps out, one begins to get a global idea of how the continent is corrupt. Funny many a time, we blame the west, colonialism etc for our problems 50 or more years later.  Do you get my point?

While it is true that our people are collectively corrupt. We must see what other nations within Africa since Independence have done. We need African solutions for African problems. Hence we cannot sit in our own countries and be satisfied. We must look broad and wide to get to the bottom of this wide spread corruption.

kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2010
Thank you for welcoming me to the community of Nations. I think my presence here yould be viewed as a rational contribution. Not a vehicle of unneccessary attack. We the people of the continent from here forward, MUST begin to look for home made solutions for our home made problems.
The time is right for all Africans to rise and call a spade a spade. NO more blaming the west for all corrupt leaders, corrupt citizenary and ill-founded systems of governance. We must look to Africa to solve African problems.

kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 11:04pm On Jul 06, 2010
Mr. Fire,

I think it is wrong to assume that in Nigeria only Nigerians riside or settle. We have numerous embasies in Nigeria. All these nations work colaboratively with Nigeria. Similarly in Kenya we have so many embasies that are attached to this country. There is nothing fake about other peoeple visiting or living in your country. No Nigerian politician should be paid five times the wage of a western governor. This is absurd, but Nigerian sources tell me that politicians in Nigerian earn more than presidents of the western world?

Is this true? I know Kenyan politicians are no better? What can we do to stop this madness Mr. Fire?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Gayigaskia(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
Kenyaman ,So what r you going to do with the MPs in your country that just gave themselves a gigantic raise in salary?

KENYAN MPS RAISE THEIR SALARIES, AGAIN
June 30, 2010, 10:13 am
Filed under: africa | Tags: Kenyan MPs, Kenyan Parliament, MP salaries, MPs pay hike
Being a member of parliament in Kenya is one of the most lucrative jobs on the Continent. The men and women of the August house unanimously voted to raise their salaries to US $174, 400 a year – which puts them at par with what US congressmen make. Most of this money will not be taxed. Understandably, lots of Kenyans have cried thieves! Although having the biggest economy in the wider region, per capita GDP in Kenya stands at a dismal US $ 1,600. 50% of Kenyans live below the poverty line. 78% of them live in rural areas; the vast majority of whom survive on rain-fed subsistence agriculture. On average, a child born in Kenya can hope to live to be 58.2.

The only good that can come out of this is that it will incentivize MPs to take their constituents more seriously – losing one’s seat has suddenly become more costly – thereby granting parliament better institutional standing by lowering the MP turnover rates (The idea here is that once they feel secure enough in their seats they may start to take their legislative duties more seriously — I know, wishful thinking). The pay hike may also empower parliamentarians and make them less dependent on party bosses and their patronage networks.

That said, it is still grotesquely obscene that Kenyan MPs make 109 times what their masters – the Kenyan electorate – make on average in any given year. And don’t even get me started on whether these clowns honorable members are worth the 1.1 million shillings they hope to make every month.

http://kenopalo./2010/06/30/kenyan-mps-raise-their-salaries-again/
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by kenyaman: 12:52am On Jul 07, 2010
I totally agree with you about the Kenyan Parliament corruption. They have since Independence raised their salaries annually at the expense of the wanainchi(citizens). This is exactly where we need to work together as Independent nations of Africa to look for African solutions for African political problems.

You may be aware that Kenyans have a new constitution attracting about 70% of the Kenyan popular vote. In that constitution, the Harmonized Version of the Kenyan constitution, corruption will be dealt a huge blow. We are waiting to see the NEW Kenya constitution in action. There is going to be 7 States and the Nairobi area.

In those seven(7) states, each state will have its own Parliament and will vote in responsible candidates to govern their states. Among other things the constitution will allow of states to set their own taxes, wages, and share in a federation roads, military efforts and control of our boarders.
These members who moved to raise their wages were asked to wait until August 4, 2010 when the referendum of Kenya constitution will be held.

Members of Parliament who grabbed land will cry in tears as they return those stolen lands to the States whose lands were stolen.

Any Kenyan politician caught in corruption charge will no longer hold office in a Kenyan government until they die. Perhaps this is a step in the right direction. I encourage you to go on line and get the Harmonized constitution draft tabled for a vote August 4, 2010

kenyaman
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by bkbabe90(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2010
This is a fake Kenyan! Faker than a $3 bill! Lol. How I know he aint Kenyan?:

A. Kenyans do not write good english, ever! They cant speak it too good either!

B. Notice when referring to Nigeria he subconsciously refers to it as "WE", like in his posting below:

kenyaman:

Mr. Fire,

I think it is wrong to assume that in Nigeria only Nigerians riside or settle. We have numerous embasies in Nigeria.

Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by onyengbu1(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2010
bk/babe90:

This is a fake Kenyan! Faker than a $3 bill! Lol. How I know he aint Kenyan?:

B. Notice when referring to Nigeria he subconsciously refers to it as "WE", like in his posting below:

Your arguments are always vague and incoherent, there are more intelligent ways of telling this loser of a kenyaman off.

Can someone else do that please.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by johnie: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2010
kenyaman:

There is no need to argue whether or not Nigerian politicians are corrupt. I have not neither my authorities have argued that Kenya is not corrupt. We are talking about the degree of corruption. Nigerians tell me that in Nigeria today, the wealthy have to go to Ghana for the weekend. The Nira can be earned in Nigeria but spending the Nira must be in another country.

The authorities tell me that you can not travel by car, truck, or on foot without the fear of being mugged. Streets in all Nigerian major cities are extremely dangerous. People can be asked to alight from public transportation and then lined up on the street to be killed. Is this true or are my Nigerian source authorities wrong?

A major problem with SOME Nigerians is that they can say anything (no matter how negative, true or false) about their country to anybody, anywhere!

I am not usually thrilled with the prospect of travelling with some Nigerians outside the shores of the country. They say things about the country that make you cringe to non-Nigerians. You begin to wonder if they are truly Nigerians.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by googles: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2010
Doesn't mean that kenya is more civilized or can manage corruption than Nigeria

if they had the resources Nigeria is enjoying am sure they 'll be worse off

besides you have no fundamental or territorial rights to condemn Nigeria on a Nigerian forum

its just plain silly  undecided
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by bkbabe90(m): 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Your arguments are always vague and incoherent, there are more intelligent ways of telling this loser of a kenyaman off.

Can someone else do that please.

Beast! Seems like someone's been having a hard-on, laying in wait trying to ambush me for eons. Aight, check it monkey:YOU FAILED, BIG TIME! Dont u see how stupid u are? U dummy, now ure gonna teach me how to "tell someone off"?!? Typical "controlling" Ibo man u r, huh? My "arguments are always vague and incoherent"? lol. Did u just learn those words? Does it seem like I was arguing or stating an observation? You Ibo men tire me!
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by knotty(m): 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2010

pls, stop that rubbish!

who says Kenyans do not write good English? Who? Maybe only a kid like you.

their educational system is well above par with ours, so also is their individual commitment to knowledge.

perhaps, they lack the sophistication of we Nigerians but you cannot take away the depth of their education.

where did you think Ngugi Wa thiongo comes from? ajegunle?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by bkbabe90(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2010
knotty:

[i]

[b]their educational system is well above par with ours, so also is their individual commitment to knowledge.

By "OURS" I'm assuming u meant Nigeria and not the United States!

knotty:

[b][i]

where did you think Ngugi Wa thiongo comes from? ajegunle?

Ngugi who?!?!
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Gbawe: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
kenyaman:

Very true. I see rape, pillage, looting , mass murder and multiple muggings on the streets of Lagos everyday 24/7. In fact this morning I witnessed how hundreds were made to alight from public transport only to be shot execution style !!!! The Police even joined the murderers in using Lagosians as target practice !!!

Now that you have got the confirmation you wanted you can sleep well tonight in the knowledge that however bad Kenyans have it , Nigerians have it worse.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by AndreUweh(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2010
NGUGI WA THIONGO.
One of the best African writers. Some of his publications includes ''weep not child''. This book is extensively read in Nigeria. I can still remember some interesting lines from that work.
Weep not child,
Weep not my darling,
With this kisses, let me remove your tears.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by stormm: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2010
bk/babe90:

Ngugi who?!?!

Are you really serious?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by seanet02: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2010
@gbawe, is it only lagos that you see, did the poster or the guy who asked you the question talk about lagos, what about the boko haram human killers or your militants and kidnappers infested east. Talk with your upstairs next time.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2010
googles:

Doesn't mean that kenya is more civilized or can manage corruption than Nigeria

if they had the resources Nigeria is enjoying am sure they 'll be worse off

besides you have no fundamental or territorial rights to condemn Nigeria on a Nigerian forum

its just plain silly  undecided

case of elephant VS ant. . .first,it was ghana and now,kenya comparing itself to nigeria.why not post statistics so we can compare cuz i dont know qny single achievement of that country save for their appetites for long marathon races and being a s s-whooped by nigeria to lost out from going to the world cup.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by knotty(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2010

By "OURS" I'm assuming u meant Nigeria and not the United States!

yes! idiot. USA.

the guy now lives among you after he was ushered out of Kenya.

but besides, this is Naija and not anywhere else.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Cohomology: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2010
I agree with the OP.

It's hard for me to imagine a country more financially corrupt than Nigeria.

In Nigeria, bribery and embezzlement are so entrenched in the society that even so-called men of God praise the thieves and give them front row in their churches and mosques.

If Kenya sustains the level of corruption in Nigeria for six months, it will explode in unimaginable violence.

Nigeria's substantial oil revenue, something Kenya doesn't have, cushions the damaging effect of the ultra-high level of corruption in the most corrupt government humanity can devise.

Verdict: Nigeria is definitely more corrupt than Kenya!
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2010
Cohomology:

I agree with the OP.

It's hard for me to imagine a country more financially corrupt than Nigeria.

In Nigeria, bribery and embezzlement are so entrenched in the society that even so-called men of God praise the thieves and give them front row in their churches and mosques.

If Kenya sustains the level of corruption in Nigeria for six months, it will explode in unimaginable violence.

Nigeria's substantial oil revenue, something Kenya doesn't have, cushions the damaging effect of the ultra-high level of corruption in the most corrupt government humanity can devise.

Verdict: Nigeria is definitely more corrupt than Kenya!

congratulations. . .so what has that taught us ?
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by googles: 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Verdict : Nothing !!! grin
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by Cohomology: 7:30am On Jul 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It is not possible for Kenya to be more corrupt than Nigeria.

In Nigeria, corruption is the god that government worships; it is the state religion.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by RSA(m): 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
What is the argument here? the whole world knows how corrupt Nigeria is.The only people who don't know are Nigerians,because they're all corrupt there fore cannot even see when they are doing wrong things.
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by DeepSoul(f): 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^I'm wondering what you are doing here on Nairaland with 1,412 posts

Taking lessons on corruption??
Re: Kenyans are less corrupt than Nigerians by OAM4J: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2010
RSA:

What is the argument here? the whole world knows how corrupt Nigeria is.The only people who don't know are Nigerians,because they're all corrupt there fore cannot even see when they are doing wrong things.

The question is why is 'the whole world' more troubled/disturbed about Nigeria corruption than the Nigerians?

I guess this is the answer you want
Gbawe:

Very true. I see despoil, pillage, looting , mass murder and multiple muggings on the streets of Lagos everyday 24/7. In fact this morning I witnessed how hundreds were made to alight from public transport only to be shot execution style !!!! The Police even joined the murderers in using Lagosians as target practice !!!

Now that you have got the confirmation you wanted you can sleep well tonight in the knowledge that however bad Kenyans have it , Nigerians have it worse.

Now that you and 'the whole world' have an answer; Can you now leave Nigeria/Nigerians alone to solve their big corruption problems while you nurse your little problems?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Wikileaks Revelations Implicates Aondoakaa, Julius Berger Etc. / First Bank Just Ruined Plan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Election will be postponed by one week to 23th of February. ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.