Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware (1734 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / FG Warns Nigerians To Beware Of Armed Robbers Disguised As ATM Users At Night / Fraud Alert!!! Don't Pay To Anybody Having This Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware by saintchux(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2007
THIS IS A MESSAGE BEEN CIRCULATED BY FRAUDSTER. INTERSWITCH HAS CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS INFORMATION AND DO NOT FOR ANY REASON GIVE ANYBODY YOUR CARD NO OR YOUR PIN. ENJOY!

[QUOTE]
This is to inform the general public that on Tuesday 13/11/2007, the InterSwitch Network Server hosting First Bank Nig plc, UBA plc, Intercontinental Bank plc, GTB plc, EcoBank plc and all other Nigerian banks on the InterSwitch network was infected with an Mpack Multi-Pertite Malware (a computer virus used by cyber criminals to access and steal information from a database).

Approximately 1,500,000 (One million, Five hundred thousand) ATM Card numbers; PIN numbers and other ATM Card data have been confirmed stolen.

Though it is still unclear how many ATM machines have been infected with the virus, computer security experts say 80% of ATM machines on the InterSwitch network would have been infected. As at 6pm local time, we had received 517 complaints of unauthorized cash withdrawals from ATM machines mostly in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

Currently, we have computer security experts and law enforcement agents working to resolve the situation.
However, to prevent unauthorized money withdrawals from accounts, all InterSwitch ATM Card holders are STRONGLY advised to visit the InterSwitch website IMMEDIATELY to change their ATM PIN numbers Via the internet as these fraudsters can withdraw money from any of the affected accounts even without physical access to the ATM Card since they have the ATM Card details and current PIN numbers. YOU ARE HOWEVER ADVISED TO CAHNGE YOUR PIN NUMBER IMMEDIATELY.
Forwarding this alert to friends and family members would also help inform them and combat this fraud.

Signed:
MANAGEMENT
[/QUOTE]
Re: Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware by mijd(m): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2007
Saintchuks, u said:, INTERSWITCH HAS CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT,
Is there any proof you can help to verify that confirmation in order to calm some nerves?
Your response would be appreciated.
Re: Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware by ow11(m): 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2007
Truth is, a massive fraud as described in that letter will not go out via the Internet. It will be over the radio and TV. A serious minded company like Interswitch would announce such a breach over the the media, The banks concerned will have posters and warnings in their buildings.

it's very easy to smell fraud.

@poster

Thanks for warning everyone
Re: Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware by yehmi01(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2008
This is another Of the scam

In Gods Name I really wish something can be done to stop this scam, Because really Now I dont Trust any thing on-line In this country any more.

Its very funny how people are just always dragging this country back in all ways,

I also got an e-mail like that and confirming the site went to inter-switch web site directly for me to update my account details for my ATM before 48Hrs which i did only for me to get to the bank the Next day and my account was left with N732:00K. Every thing went just like that.

A sample of the E-mail I got

FROM

"Interswitch Admin" <security@interswitchng.com>

Dear Interswitch Card Holder,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures with affiliated banks(below), we have detected a slight error in your account information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address).
2. Multiple failed attempts on online shopping websites.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://webpay.interswitchng.com/webpay/

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will become restricted.

Note: Card Number (printed on card issued by bank) and Pin are numeric. Refer to your Debit and/or Cash Cards.

Thank you for choosing, Interswitch.

* Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received

* Affiliated Banks (GTBank, UBA, Skybank, BankPHB, Zenith, Access Bank, Intercontinental Bank PLC, Diamond Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Africa Bank PLC, Oceanic Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank)

PLZ People this is real NIJA IS SO MESSED UP with this kind of people around. Today i was Ashamed that i was a NIGERIAN
Re: Fraud Alert! - Atm Users Beware by alimohammedibn(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
saintchux:
THIS IS A MESSAGE BEEN CIRCULATED BY FRAUDSTER. INTERSWITCH HAS CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS INFORMATION AND DO NOT FOR ANY REASON GIVE ANYBODY YOUR CARD NO OR YOUR PIN. ENJOY!

[QUOTE]
This is to inform the general public that on Tuesday 13/11/2007, the InterSwitch Network Server hosting First Bank Nig plc, UBA plc, Intercontinental Bank plc, GTB plc, EcoBank plc and all other Nigerian banks on the InterSwitch network was infected with an Mpack Multi-Pertite Malware (a computer virus used by cyber criminals to access and steal information from a database).

Approximately 1,500,000 (One million, Five hundred thousand) ATM Card numbers; PIN numbers and other ATM Card data have been confirmed stolen.

Though it is still unclear how many ATM machines have been infected with the virus, computer security experts say 80% of ATM machines on the InterSwitch network would have been infected. As at 6pm local time, we had received 517 complaints of unauthorized cash withdrawals from ATM machines mostly in Lagos and Port Harcourt.

Currently, we have computer security experts and law enforcement agents working to resolve the situation.
However, to prevent unauthorized money withdrawals from accounts, all InterSwitch ATM Card holders are STRONGLY advised to visit the InterSwitch website IMMEDIATELY to change their ATM PIN numbers Via the internet as these fraudsters can withdraw money from any of the affected accounts even without physical access to the ATM Card since they have the ATM Card details and current PIN numbers. YOU ARE HOWEVER ADVISED TO CAHNGE YOUR PIN NUMBER IMMEDIATELY.
Forwarding this alert to friends and family members would also help inform them and combat this fraud.

Signed:
MANAGEMENT
[/QUOTE]

(1) (Reply)

As Nigeria Celebrates Its 50th Year Of Independence, Let Us Remember / The Reason For The High Rate Of Kidnappers In Nigeria, Nigeria Police Take Note / Eleweomo's New House With ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.