Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

A Suggestion On How The National Assembly Should Be Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Suggestion On How The National Assembly Should Be Run (438 Views)

Dino Melaye's Ex Classmates Visit Him At The National Assembly (Photos) / Presidency, N/assembly Should Obey Federal Character Principle – FCC / Presidency, N/assembly Should Obey Federal Character Principle – FCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Suggestion On How The National Assembly Should Be Run by pacodas: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
I saw this as a comment on Vanguard and decided to post it here. Read below and share your thoughts.

It is a good thing the theme of this administration is -'Anti-corruption' Lets see how anti-corrupt these people really are.

I suggest that our lawmakers should earn a monthly salary pegged to a ratio (2 times or- 3 times) of minimum wage as monthly basic salary....then anybody who is coming (except the senate president/speaker, their deputies, chief whips, and majority/minority leaders in both houses) should come at their own convenience(their own houses, their own cars, domestic staff,personal assistants, entertainment, handle their own utilities, clothing, newspapers)

This should be their renumeration:
Salary:2 - 3 times minimum wage , (Senate president x5. Deputy, x4 minimum wage)
total annual salaries Not more than N250,000(Including total annual allowance...senate president N500,000, Deputy, N375,000)
Estacodes- $100 ,
Tour duty allowance -N2,500....
Annual allowances of N250,000,
Leave: N50,000..
Medical allowance- Free for the honorables and any of their (provable) immediate family members in any Nigerian hospital of choice..Senate foots the bill.
Family allowance: Free education for their children in any public institution of their choice in Nigeria.(Federal Universities, Public Secondary schools, Public primary schools)
Transportation allowance: Free bus passes with transport partners of RMFAC ALONG WITH A free fuel card topped with a preloaded amount at a partner filling station of the RMAFC.
Communication allowance- They should each register one phone at swearing in and by virtue of this, get a free N1,000 recharge card on that carrier once in every month.

...and their attendance, input, voting pattern on bills, and bills they suggested in the form of a report-card report should be published on the Senate and NAS website so that their constituencies and opponents can determine how effective those they voted in were/how the bills they suggested would impact the welfare of their own people and Nigeria wide..Or if they just went to sit down and look like scoreboards....Plus it will help them vote according to their conscience.......
(They would need computers for this..with logins and passwords...on their seats(to do this quickly)..so that they can log in to vote...Instead of shouting Aye and Nay like bushmen....or fight as a result of disagreements) ..The voting system should be changed...so that the bill will be on their screen, who moved what motions and who suggested what bills.....and the computers should be networked to a projector screen to show graph results of voting results(so that everyone can see it)...This will make their voting patterns to be easily compilable in a report for their constituencies to make use of. ...
(If you cannot do this or understand the vision, just invite me to Nigeria, allow me be the project director to implement this and I will happily do it for free without cost and let you suggest and pay the contractors who will implement the exact kind of system I am talking about here....I would just need access to a few Universities who would suggest not more than 20 students to work on the project with me.programmers, .getting information related to the basic requirements of the system and patterns of activities in the houses to come up with the perfect computerized system for this)

This will help the people who voted them in, decide if they should send them back there..if they were complacent in their activities. ...and It will also serve as a motivation to the honorables to be more active..which will benefit all of Nigeria..

Una no dey see as USA debates between senators dey make them point fingers to each other because they have a system to know who voted for what, who suggested what bill,......etc .... so that they can use this information when validating points against each other.....Senator X supported this bill- I dunno what he was thinking..etc....It will also help reduce corruption in the houses especially from those who give bribes and those who collect them.

Then we will have people who go to the Senate or National assembly to really fight for the people because only then will they understand the real living conditions of the people...

Anybody going to the national assembly or senate should do so just for their CV reasons. not to grow fat off of the nation....

The National assembly is beginning to attract failures in life who only hope to get there , mark present in attendance and enrich themselves.

Ben Bruce is a self made billionaire....Of course a self made man like that doesn't need Nigeria's money because he has his own fortune.....Please Ben Bruce, read this and take it to the House and move a motion for these things I mentioned to be implemented.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/senators-express-mixed-reactions-over-pay-review/
Re: A Suggestion On How The National Assembly Should Be Run by mikolo80: 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dreams unless you git ur asss down here and get stuck in and try to change the system from within
Re: A Suggestion On How The National Assembly Should Be Run by pacodas: 11:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
It's a tough call, I agree.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Aregbesola Promises To Pay Workers Salaries Before The End Of June / Buhari In Power, Conception Of Fulani's Down South - Kinkale / Dangote: I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal ‘at Any Price’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.