Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics (49423 Views)

Military Foundation Laid By El-Rufai & Buratai Destroyed By Unknown People (Pics / APC Celebration In Elele, Rivers Turns Bloody As Bullets Hit 4 People (Pics) / Artistic Wish Of A Boko Haram Victim (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by cold(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Never punish the child for the sins of the father.The child did not chose the way he was concieved
Will you marry her?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by ShySteady(m): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
She needs our prayer!
Maybe she was impregnated by Shekau himself... Such bad blood. And not to talk of visiting the sins of the father on the children.
Shekau's entire generation is cursed because of the blood on his head.
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by Emyogalanya: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
She is in love with shecow thats all AND THE LORD GOD SAID TO THE WOMAN COS YOU 'VE DONE THIS I'LL GREATLY MULTIPLY THY PAIN WHEN THOU SHALL BRING FORTH CHILDREN AND THY DESIRE SHALL BE TO UR HUSBAND (SHECOW) AND HE SHALL RULE OVER THEE
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by 6fit(f): 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
From what we read, BH usually do some stupid incantation bfor havin sex with those women...their are is for dem to get the women pregnant so they could giv birth to their desendants who wil uphold their legacies. If we consider that the wman baby may growup to save 9ja, does it mean 9ja wouldnt hav been better till dis unborn child growup? Suppose the child growup to bcom wost than Shakau?...am not an advocate of abortion but if the child is bourn proper parental guide must be givin so that we dont hav a re-incanate of all those basterd Boko.
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by Emyogalanya: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
Bros you mean you as in you a make or ur talking about ur sister lol just joking o
zinachidi:
i give it to u lady,, u are strong willed... I'm not sure i could keep it if i was the one...
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by shomutuski(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Chai, i pity the young girl, all i can say is chai.
Chai, boko haram are ruthless
chai, they have no mercy
chai, they are bad
chai, all this boko haram that are bombing, is it not a woman that born them, now they are bombing and raping women and children making some children widows and some pregnant girls father less,
chai, GOD WILL DEAL WITH THEM

the child name should be Oluwagbemisokeniorukojesu, or
chukwunonyeremotutu or
aishabilikisusakiratu

may God be her strength

Amen to all your prayers to her!!!

May God almighty punish everyone that have hand in thi boko haram crisis one way or the other accordingly. God sees all.
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by putin3: 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
Bin laden Pikin
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by zinachidi(m): 7:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
Emyogalanya:
Bros you mean you as in you a make or ur talking about ur sister lol just joking o
i meant if i was in her shoes
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by Tinyemeka(m): 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
zinachidi:
i give it to u lady,, u are strong willed... I'm not sure i could keep it if i was the one...

What would you do?

How would you unkeep the child? undecided
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by Chemistri(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
God is ur Strenght
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by babadee1(m): 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
AdeniyiA:
meanwhile such a child could later become Nigeria's Messiah ...

What if it becomes another Shekau?
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nonsense Islamist
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by allosteric: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tuesday 19 May 2015 | 30 Rajab 1436 AH

THE PREGNANT VICTIMS OF BOKO HARAM ATROCITIES AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS - AN ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE

SUMMARY:

DILEMMAS REGARDING THE PREGNANT VICTIMS OF THE BOKO HARAM ATROCITIES AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS: AN ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE

The Boko Haram tragedy has affected a large number of people in diverse ways. This paper focuses on the dilemma faced by women who were abducted by the Boko Haram members and are currently pregnant as a result of having been raped by Boko Haram members.

The opinions expressed by various individuals, opinion leaders, organised groups and government make it apparent that the dilemma faced by these women on how to handle their situation is of great concern to many. It is hoped that this paper would add clarity to the issue.

The aim of this paper is two-fold

(1) To discuss the alternatives available to the women

(2) To proffer some suggestions on how the government, Muslim community and the society in general should respond to the situation

As Muslims, we should always be guided by the divine values of compassion, fairness and wisdom. The fundamental objectives (maqasid) of Islamic law are the promotion and enhancement of the common good (jalb al-masalih) and removal of harm and vice (dar’ al-mafasid).

At least three possible options may be considered by the survivors i.e. the pregnant women.

a. Having an abortion if the pregnancy is still within the first 120 days (4 months). This is based mainly on the position of the Hanafi School of Islamic jurisprudence (madhhab) and their interpretation of the relevant texts. It was also the basis of a religious verdict (fatwah) issued in the 1990’s by the late Sheikh Imam Ibn Uthaimeen of Saudi Arabia in response to a case in Algeria where women who had been raped by members of a violent extremist sect (similar to Boko Haram) became pregnant as a result.

b. If the pregnancy is older than 120 days old, the woman should be advised to deliver her child. Thereafter, she may give it up for foster care. This also applies to a woman who decides not to abort the pregnancy, even when it is less than 120 days old. Considering the circumstances of the child’s conception, it would be understandable if a woman decides that she cannot raise the child herself.

c. The woman may also choose to keep the pregnancy and raise her child herself with the support of her family.

Irrespective of the choice made by the survivor, she should have the emotional, social and economic support of her family, community, the government and society in general. The women are the wronged ones, and their children will be born innocent of the crimes committed by their fathers. Neither the women nor the children should be treated in any discriminatory way or stigmatized.

“No person with a burden shall bear the burden of another”

(Qur’an 53: 38)

“A person can have nothing but what he does (of good or bad)”

(Qur’an 53: 39)

One of the major objectives of Islamic law (maqasid al-Shari’ah) is the protection of human dignity and honor (‘ird). With this in mind, it is important for all those offering support and care to the survivors to respect their privacy (including the privacy of their families) and be sensitive to their religious and cultural preferences and norms.

Islamic organisations and other concerned groups and institutions should be foremost in showing compassion and kindness to the victims, their families and those supporting them. They should increase their on-line presence in order to offer more people the opportunity to support their work with the survivors. They should also engage in greater inter-organisational collaborative work.

The challenges facing the survivors are a challenge to us all. Their challenges are a test of our compassion, humanity, and faith in God. It is our prayer that God continues to support us all in bringing an end to the Boko Haram tragedy; that He continues to give strength and faith to all the survivors and bless their families and care-givers.

Allah’s Messenger said “The Merciful One shows mercy to those who are themselves merciful (to others). So show mercy to whatever is on earth, then He Who is in the heavens will show mercy to you”. (Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi)

May Allah continue to guide us and forgive us where we go wrong.

READ FULL TEXT HERE: http://www.mpac-ng.org//downloads/pregnant-victims.pdf
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by preselect(m): 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
[size=13pt]sad story. anyway sha, should we kill an innocent baby for the sins of a father he never knew?
conversely, should we welcome a new generation of terrorists into the planet and on nigerian soil?[/size]

[size=18pt]this problem big o, and it's all Buhari's fault. if that gworo eating mallam good-for-nothing-cattle-rearer did not encourage the killings by boko haram it wouldnt have got to this stage.
[/size]

#BuhariIsClueless

Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by blakky97(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
lalasticlala:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gidi_Traffic/status/609735134997254146

You the mum will hate that child

If you don't, the people around you who know will hate the child

Remember the word genetics? Maybe I'm wrong though, I'm thinking something bad may be in the genes of such kid. Should have aborted.
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by mike404(m): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
3ace:
And the baby could grow up to be great in life wiping the mother's tears.
HE COULD EQUALLY GROW UP TO BE AL BAGHDADI angry
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by Dolypson04(m): 11:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
She might be a legal wife to one of d bh members. Who knows? Just thinking outside d box.
Re: Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics by 2dillu2(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
zinachidi:
you are a He though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kindness Okpe, 22-Year-Old SSA To Obaseki, The Edo State Governor (Photos) / I Spent 10-years Under Lagos Bridges - Dolapo Osinbajo / Bike Man Parks To Clean Buhari's Campaign Poster In Ajah, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.