Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu (1065 Views)

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / BREAKING: I Won't Return To PDP, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by Islie: 12:32am On Jun 14, 2015
Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, said yesterday that the decision of the majority of the people of the South East to vote for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was appropriate in the circumstance.
He said that given another opportunity, the people would vote in the same manner.

Addressing his supporters on arrival at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, Ekweremadu said he decided to take another shot at the position of Deputy Senate President when it appeared the people of the zone were about to be sidelined in the scheme of things following the last elections.
The Deputy Senate President, who is also the Speaker of ECOWAS parliament, urged his fellow senators and all political office holders to settle down for business to deliver the dividends of democracy to Nigerians.
He advised President Muhamadu Buhari to accommodate all Nigerians irrespective of party and ethnic inclination.
He said:”We have no regrets. The Igbo have no regret for the way they voted; if they have the opportunity tomorrow they will do it again.
“We are convinced we voted rightly, and because we believe we are part and parcel of this country, we believe what we got is within our right. So we expect that APC should be able to accommodate the people of the South South as they form their government, because don’t forget that Buhari got about 15 million votes; we have more than 150 million Nigerians, so he is not the president of 15 million people; the rest of the people must be accommodated.
“In fact, that was why, when we saw that it appeared that the South East and South South were being marginalised in the scheme of things, we decided to take a shot so that our people would be part and parcel of the government so that every part of Nigeria will have a sense of belonging.
“I’m very delighted to be among my people that have come to receive me after I was honoured by the entire senators of the Federal Republic Nigeria; I’m honoured by the people of Nigeria and my people, the great Igbo people, were also honoured by the people of Nigeria, PDP was also honoured by the people of Nigeria.
“So I’m here coming home to my root, and I’m happy that they are here to receive me. We have finished with politics, now is time for governance; we should put politics behind and move on; this country is bigger than any political party, so let’s work together as a people to ensure that we deliver dividends of democracy to the people of Nigeria,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/south-east-right-to-vote-pdp-says-ekweremadu/

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by bishop88: 12:34am On Jun 14, 2015
and what
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 14, 2015
So we expect that APC should be able to accommodate the people of the South South as they form their government - Ekweremadu
Brothers looking out for brothers as it should be. Igbo people should not accept it if the SouthSouth is not reasonably represented in this government.

1 Like

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by Franzeez(m): 12:46am On Jun 14, 2015
Good
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 14, 2015
Nwanne carry go...
Represent us well jareeh...
I bu godi aloba...

2 Likes

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:25am On Jun 14, 2015
I love that
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 2:09am On Jun 14, 2015
ikeoha ndi igbo

d best senator in d whole world

1 Like

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 2:10am On Jun 14, 2015
ikeoha ndi igbo

d best senator in d whole world
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by menesheh(m): 2:31am On Jun 14, 2015
For sure. It is democracy working.
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by excellentmomma(f): 2:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Well said sir,

Mallam okorocha will be like, wtf! cheesy

Okorocha eat ur words!

One thing about life, be strong about ur belief don't be a rolling stone. Favour will locate u and u will earn ur respect for standing.

Not stories of people decamping anyhow.

Didn't know about the Ecowas speakership, congrats sir once again.

3 Likes

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by ROCKJ1(m): 3:25am On Jun 14, 2015
It shows that PDP is still a force to reckon with and should be handled with great caution.
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by kenny987(f): 3:32am On Jun 14, 2015
True words spoken by Ike Ekweremadu and that is the way it should be. I wonder how the APC confidently wants to run the government without making sure that positions are as evenly spread as possible. This is way beyond political party lines now if they know they really want to carry Nigerians along and not a section of the country while paying lip service to 'One Nigeria'.
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by modath(f): 3:46am On Jun 14, 2015
Trust people to find words to explain their own personal ambition.. smiley

SE/SS being "marginalised in the grand scheme of things" How? when you didn't even want anything to do with Buhari's emergence!

If the reverse had been the case & its a yoruba or Hausa/Fulani senator situation, the uproar would have been out of the park!!

At the end, we do hope the belly aching & divisive tactics will stop, peace & unity will be "managed" like it has always be done & we all come together to move Nigeria forward...

1 Like

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by Slynonny(m): 4:33am On Jun 14, 2015
Ride on Sir.
The Blood is Red so we are PDP.
Daura President Buhari Brain don die Piata Piata.
#patience_Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by Bifwoli: 4:56am On Jun 14, 2015
ROCKJ1:
It shows that PDP is still a force to reckon with and should be handled with great caution.

I'd rather have Igbos vote right way and be lonely in backing PDP than vote wrongly just to be inside the herd mentality.Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.

“The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.”
― Confucius

2 Likes

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by fr3do(m): 4:57am On Jun 14, 2015
Well said

But I still insist that this one nigeria is not moving anybody forward.
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by fr3do(m): 5:38am On Jun 14, 2015
modath:

Trust people to find words to explain their own personal ambition.. smiley

SE/SS being "marginalised in the grand scheme of things" How? when you didn't even want anything to do with Buhari's emergence!

If the reverse had been the case & its a yoruba or Hausa/Fulani senator situation, the uproar would have been out of the park!!

At the end, we do hope the belly aching & divisive tactics will stop, peace & unity will be "managed" like it has always be done & we all come together to move Nigeria forward...

So because we didn't vote buhari we shouldn't be in his administration to protect our interest? So much for one Nigeria.

The one who is the most divisive is the one that suggests sharia for everybody, the one that goes to BBC hausa to spill ethnocentric statements.
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by modath(f): 5:42am On Jun 14, 2015
fr3do:

So because we didn't vote buhari we shouldn't be in his administration to protect our interest? So much for one Nigeria.

The one who is the most divisive is the one that suggests sharia for everybody, the one that goes to BBC hausa to spill ethnocentric statements.

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by fr3do(m): 5:43am On Jun 14, 2015
These northerners can't have it both ways, you can't start shouting for quota where you can not naturally compete and be saying democracy when you have too many people at the top.

1 Like

Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by ashson: 5:44am On Jun 14, 2015
The Biafrans will never get sense i guess
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by modath(f): 5:50am On Jun 14, 2015
fr3do:

The crux of the matter is not about voting PMB or not, I'm one for making a choice in all spheres of life;political, religious, sexuality, association. Anything, I'm live and let's live!!

Its the equating him with the devil that gnaws at me & moreover the NASS is not even his primary domain, complaints can start when Baba does like the "hero" and assign political posts only to the SS/SE despite winning in all the SW states minus Osun.

The Tambuwal/Akande argument is moot cos it was never Jona's appointment so y'all can quit the "Tinubu robbed you guys" story.

Don't throw stones from your glass house. We were all here when PMB was spread outside and hung to dry by the entire PDP family & sympathisers in a language we all can understand as against a language that his detractors translate & doctor to suit their purposes.
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by fr3do(m): 6:05am On Jun 14, 2015
modath:

Its the equating him with the devil that gnaws at me & moreover the NASS is not even his primary domain, complaints can start when Baba does like the "hero" and assign political posts only to the SS/SE despite winning in all the SW states minus Osun.

What sort of lie is this, GEJ appointed a lot of northerners, stop lumping yourselves with the north.
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by modath(f): 6:15am On Jun 14, 2015
fr3do:

What sort of lie is this, GEJ appointed a lot of northerners, stop lumping yourselves with the north.

Point of correction "mostly", "only" was not the right word & assistant minister positions don't count... But in what way did the appointments trickle down to the common man on the streets?

Be truthful, what meaningful post (NSA & Defence don't count) save when Shekarau got Education minister & Wali Foreign Affairs at the tail end of Jona's reign went to a non SE/SS extraction...

Don't bother, None, Zero, NADA!!!
Re: South East Right To Vote PDP, Says Ekweremadu by modath(f): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2015
fr3do:

Point of correction "mostly", "only" was not the right word & assistant minister positions don't count... But in what way did the appointments trickle down to the common man on the streets?

Be truthful, what meaningful post (NSA & Defence don't count) save when Shekarau got Education minister & Wali Foreign Affairs at the tail end of Jona's reign went to a non SE/SS extraction...

Don't bother.. Its None, Zero, NADA!!!

I am one of the least tribalistic people I know, but the way & manner things are going is just plain WRONG!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram / DSS Director Demotes Marilyn Ogar, Others Promoted By Past Administration! / FG Moves Boko Haram Prisoners Out Of South east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.